[I know, a little late; I'm getting caught up]
View Quote

Lol

You should see my cargo pants..
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Latest Colt MK18 Mod 0.
Barrel's an original Colt MK18 factory bbl., not a cut down:
SF M951 wearing a Malkoff M61 325 lumen LED.

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Yep, because it's not done with an electric pencil lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GeauxSouth86:

I'd say it looks more like something a police dept would do.

Yep, because it's not done with an electric pencil lol.

Or a paint pen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jrhemming:
Honest opinions on this camo job
View Quote

I like it!

One of my criticisms of our "laundry bag/snake skin" camo is that the pattern is too small, making it effective at very close range; beyond several feet the pattern itself is unrecognizable and the primary/underlying color variations take over.

The bigger/blockier patterns break up the outline of the weapon at longer ranges where you actually where you want it to.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Those black Oakley assault boots tho....

I look at these early GWOT pics of NSW among others and marvel how far we have come with guns and kit... I mean, I thought split front IOTVs were the bees knees after routing your LCE through the shoulder pads on your flak was cool...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

I like it!

One of my criticisms of our "laundry bag/snake skin" camo is that the pattern is too small, making it effective at very close range; beyond several feet the pattern itself is unrecognizable and the primary/underlying color variations take over.

The bigger/blockier patterns break up the outline of the weapon at longer ranges where you actually where you want it to.
View Quote

I get the idea, but what about basically every camo pattern on a US combat uniform? Aren't most of those patterns relatively small as well? Aside from maybe woodland.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

Those black Oakley assault boots tho....

I look at these early GWOT pics of NSW among others and marvel how far we have come with guns and kit... I mean, I thought split front IOTVs were the bees knees after routing your LCE through the shoulder pads on your flak was cool...
View Quote

I miss my desert camo IOTV and no-fence M16A12 marked rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

I get the idea, but what about basically every camo pattern on a US combat uniform? Aren't most of those patterns relatively small as well? Aside from maybe woodland.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnySasaki20:

I like it!

That is the problem with most of our digitals (UCP, MARPAT, etc.):  the "pixels" are too small so at a relatively short distance their patterns become indiscernible and they just look gray, or tan or whatever.

Think DCU (or even "chocolate chips") versus desert MARPAT.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
For those interested in the 2017 Eotech EXP3-0,

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]

That is the problem with most of our digitals (UCP, MARPAT, etc.):  the "pixels" are too small so at a relatively short distance their patterns become indiscernible and they just look gray, or tan or whatever.

View Quote

I always liked DBDUs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]

I always liked DBDUs.
View All Quotes

I always liked DBDUs.

At least until they turned pink!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]

At least until they turned pink!
View Quote

Still worth it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my clone thus far.  You Clone People got in my head, so I went ahead and purchased a 6920 OEM, sent the upper off to Adco and had a chop job done instead of being happy with my 10.5 upper.  I compare it in these pics to the PSA Premium 10.5 FN CHF barreled upper.  I may as well form 1 the lower since Im already this into it.  I just hate that I dont have need for the PSA CHF 10.5 upper.  It probably should have been good enough.  Who knows? Maybe I'll cut the sight block for a different build.  

I think I am going to buy a NT4.  Spendy, but cant question the quality.  

Colt 10.3 is on bottom, PSA 10.5 on top.

And my Form 1 came back on the Noveske lower, so I took that pistol tube off and put the stock on.  Here are some of the details.  QCD Endplate, PRI and etc. KAC M4QD

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
E-filed on 6/21/16 for my mk18. Still waiting... Hopefully they'll finish up with the 6/16/16 batch and get to ours. I learned for next time to put LE purposes to be expedited... (gotta have the credentials and what not though)
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rmichael91:
E-filed on 6/21/16 for my mk18. Still waiting... Hopefully they'll finish up with the 6/16/16 batch and get to ours. I learned for next time to put LE purposes to be expedited... (gotta have the credentials and what not though)
View Quote

Where did you find this information?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

someone gave you some bad intel right there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Are these free of all the previous Eotech problems?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tacticalmedic450:

View All Quotes

This

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]

I like it!

View Quote

That's why I do some larger solid color splotches/stripes along with the mesh.  The solid parts are probably the most effective but the mesh looks cooler.  Best of both worlds!

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#21]

View Quote

One guy posted about it (vaguely) in the NFA sub, and now it's "fact". No offense to you, rmichael.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Nice, now that all the issues are fixed, I plan to go back to Eotech.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M4A1:

Nice, now that all the issues are fixed, I plan to go back to Eotech.
View Quote

I'm gonna test it out this weekend and see how she does. First Eotech and I'm very happy with it already.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:

That's why I do some larger solid color splotches/stripes along with the mesh.  The solid parts are probably the most effective but the mesh looks cooler.  Best of both worlds!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:

I like it!

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
Here is my clone thus far.  You Clone People got in my head, so I went ahead and purchased a 6920 OEM, sent the upper off to Adco and had a chop job done instead of being happy with my 10.5 upper.  I compare it in these pics to the PSA Premium 10.5 FN CHF barreled upper.  I may as well form 1 the lower since Im already this into it.  I just hate that I dont have need for the PSA CHF 10.5 upper.  It probably should have been good enough.  Who knows? Maybe I'll cut the sight block for a different build.  

And my Form 1 came back on the Noveske lower, so I took that pistol tube off and put the stock on.  Here are some of the details.  QCD Endplate, PRI and etc. KAC M4QD
View Quote
Wow, i'm not really up on the Mod 1 and phased replacement specifics, but this is a pretty awesome looking build. Bravo. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Wow, i'm not really up on the Mod 1 and phased replacement specifics, but this is a pretty awesome looking build. Bravo. 
View All Quotes

Mod 0.5 clones are my fave... Augee messed me up and gave me the retro-aids... I swear I'm stuck in the 90s... Even built a second mod 0... Although I have a twin brother and convinced myself he needs one to shoot when he visits... And ARFCOM knows no moderation... So yeah
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Eotech's website mentions some different caveats on the thermal drift disclosure for models made after October 2016.... Anyone know if they made some changes?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Mod 0.5 clones are my fave... Augee messed me up and gave me the retro-aids... I swear I'm stuck in the 90s... Even built a second mod 0... Although I have a twin brother and convinced myself he needs one to shoot when he visits... And ARFCOM knows no moderation... So yeah
View All Quotes

Perfect :) it all seems completely rational to me...and yeah, Augee does that shit - "inspires" naive peasants such as myself to commit to all but impossible projects, lol. He's a good guy.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jsy_1977:
Eotech's website mentions some different caveats on the thermal drift disclosure for models made after October 2016.... Anyone know if they made some changes?
View Quote
Haha, yeah - they made changes to their disclaimers to cover for the "drift at negative 200 degrees issue" having been disclosed. It's the same HWS with a different logo. I'm a big fan of their sights and will likely continue to buy their products even with the disclaimers. I think another new logo is hilarious though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Very nice!  I couldn't get past my 10.5" barrel either.  Mine is also a PSA 10.5" but one of the recent production versions that has FN's logo stamped on the barrel.  I sent it to ADCO to have cut to 10.3" and am very happy with it.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Where can I get some of the fake inventory control stickers that some of you all have on your rifles?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dejavu:
Where can I get some of the fake inventory control stickers that some of you all have on your rifles?
View Quote
A lot of ours are pretty much the real thing, as in a UID manufacturer produced them after we provided them with the correct military codes for the M4A1, and our serial numbers to match our lowers. You can get them produced with a group, but you likely will have to look outside of arfcom nowadays...I think someone got into hot water for organizing the last one.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]
A lot of ours are pretty much the real thing, as in a UID manufacturer produced them after we provided them with the correct military codes for the M4A1, and our serial numbers to match our lowers. You can get them produced with a group, but you likely will have to look outside of arfcom nowadays...I think someone got into hot water for organizing the last one.
View Quote

Ok thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got a mod 0ish clone. I'm regretting the .070 gas port size a bit though since it won't run 223 pressure ammo at all. What gas port size would you guys recommend to run 223 spec ammo? No plans to suppress this one by the way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By heavydsupreme:
I've got a mod 0ish clone. I'm regretting the .070 gas port size a bit though since it won't run 223 pressure ammo at all. What gas port size would you guys recommend to run 223 spec ammo? No plans to suppress this one by the way.
View Quote
DD barrel is probably a good option for your situation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Can't really afford that. Was just going to have port opened up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone know what a brand new FDE RIS II MK18 Rail is going for?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

@heavysupreme

I can use Federal 55 gr .223 with my .073" gas port and Vltor A5H4. Have you tried a carbine buffer?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

@heavysupreme

I can use Federal 55 gr .223 with my .073" gas port and Vltor A5H4. Have you tried a carbine buffer?
View Quote

I'm using an h buffer now. Started with h3 but went down to h. I could always try a car buffer too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm using an h buffer now. Started with h3 but went down to h. I could always try a car buffer too.
View Quote

I had a beater upper like this that I wanted to run whatever crap ammo I put into it... I just threw in an extra car buffer that I had from an old stock kit... runs great unsuppressed now but suppressed its a little overgassed. because you don't plan to suppress, I doubt you'll ever beat your gun to death.

but after shooting PMC XTAC M193... its my new favorite range ammo... at 330 per case and the screaming deals you can get from PSA with ammo and mags, its hard to beat for factory M193 in terms of accuracy and performance. I'm converted from the IMI M193, it runs great but never really grouped all that well out of the majority of my guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Digging the old school m79
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By footsoldier9th:

Digging the old school m79
View Quote

Me too. MOH recipient Michael Monsoor on the right in that pic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:21:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#44]
I still prefer a M79 over the M203 or M302.  Longer barrel = more range and I've used it as light mortar in built up areas.  (use a angle protactor to figure range and mark inside of sling.  Step on sling for range on ground, ref 1970s M79 OM) Carried a 79 in Iraq 03-06'.  Course I've also carried a M14 NM, M1911A1s, and a M1919A6 converted back to a M1919A4 as the buttstock was missing.  Not much .30 cal ammo available however.  Only had one belt of 4 AP, 1 APT

and since I've side tracked, back to Mk18s/URGs.

along side Mk44 in CROWs mount.

CD
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Your pics and info are always appreciated, CD.

Some more Mk 18s, c. 2006-

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#46]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi!
Let me introduce Myself.
My name is Eugene, Im from Russia. Airsofter.
And here my "airsoft" gun. Hope you'll dont say "GET OUT FROM HERE!".

Parts List:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rakshar] [#48]
So..i havent 50 posts..and Moderators must see pics before they appear as pics. Thank you!

More photos:
Click To View Spoiler

Thanks! Hope You like it
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Rakshar:
http://i.imgur.com/LuIi7vf.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 853 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top