Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 951 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
How was he able to post a pic on his first post?  I thought you had to have at least 50 posts in before you could embed photos?
View Quote
Team members approved it as a courtesy, probably before looking to closely.

The spam link was added after the fact though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m getting the clone itch again.

Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Well my booty has just been hurt, adco got my barrel Saturday but will be closed for shot so delay on cqbr rebuild. Now I'm stuck with just my lowly bcm 11.5 :(
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
I’m getting the clone itch again.

https://i.imgur.com/WgnXlw4.jpg
View Quote
That was quick.
You know, CD did say a 10.3 URG-I is coming. No word if that will be a Mk8 or not tho
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

That was quick.
You know, CD did say a 10.3 URG-I is coming. No word if that will be a Mk8 or not tho
View Quote
Oh please oh please be a MK8. (That'll save me money...)
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That was quick.
Would be the best looking candidate for sure. And would save all you guys money. But I suppose its also possible it could end up just being a shortened Mk16 (like the Mk18 RIS II's and full length RIS II's)
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 5:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blindrocket] [#7]
So the new G Mk16 upper, should we be expecting a 10.3" barrel version at some point?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Just when I thought I was out of the clone game, it pulls me back in.

Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#9]
Took the CQBR out to the desert yesterday and let it stretch its legs. Decided to use my "summer" spot and it got pretty damn chipperdy. It's up in the mountains and down in a little valley, which is great during warmer months because it's usually 5 or 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding area and 15 or 20 degrees cooler than where I'm located. It also usually gets a nice breeze. In the winter, not so great. Once the sun went behind the mountains it was friggin' cold, and that "nice breeze" is some chilly shit. Probably only about 30, so nothing compared to what some of you are getting this time of year, but for us desert dwellers that shit is cold. I'm also just getting over being sick, so that might be why it seemed extra cold. I was going to go out last weekend, but got hit with whatever bug is going around.

Really like the Raptor-SD so far. I didn't get a chance to try it suppressed yet, so I can't comment how it compares to a GB on that front. Nose to charging handle unsuppressed there is zero gas smell unlike with a GB, but that's not a big surprise - I've always noticed more gas unsuppressed with a GB than most standard CHs. The gas channel allows gas to escape that normally wouldn't under unsuppressed pressure conditions. Obviously, that helps when suppressed because it gives the gas an outlet that isn't in your face, but it's not that helpful unsuppressed.

Without testing it suppressed, I can only give a few random observations. The first thing that stands out is how tightly the SD fits into the charging handle channel in the receiver due to the squared, non-beveled design. I put the usual buttering of grease on it that I do all my charging handles and most of it ended up pushed off at the back of channel. Obviously suppressed will be the real test versus the GB, but the design of the gas directing baffles combined with such a tight fit to the receiver channel does seem sound. When it comes to the actual primary function of a charging handle, I definitely think it's superior to a GB. Worst-case, I'll RTV it if it doesn't do a good job suppressed as hoped (there is a perfect little pocket for adding RTV).

Raptor-SD glamor shot. You can also make out some of the grease that was pushed off into the "RTV pocket" at the rear:

A horse decided to leave a present right where I set up my table:

I need to get some matching towels for my shooting table :\.

In other CQBR news, the Surefire tan cap and SR07 switch that was backordered for two weeks finally went to "processing" :D. Now if the FDE Gear Sector I ordered in frickin' November would ever ship, I'd be out of this backordered shitshow that seems to surround everything related to the tan M300C :\. First it was the M300C itself backordered, then the Gear Sector and then the cap/SR07, lol.  At least I'll finally have two out of three.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy Monday! This is where all the cool kids go to post their sweet airsoft rigs from moms basement...right? No...? But really, decided I was done playin Barbie dress up and this how I'm gonna leave her........... For now.

I put the nt4 fh back on, switched out the rx01 for the m2, switched lights, and popped the cherry on my lso. I literally had to push the grip screw through plastic flashing to install. I still got one more unused one I'm holdin on to for posterity I suppose....but really has anyone seen green carpet since the 70's? Maybe 80's? All colt except bolt. Hope ya like.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]

That was quick.
View Quote
I’m going to go with one of these. I haven’t done a non fsp M4 upper before.

I’m going to wait until G sells the MK16 separately before I do a URGI.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_0475_rz.jpg

View All Quotes

That was quick.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_0475_rz.jpg

Good choice broski. After doing both the FSP and non FSP in the full length config, non FSP is where its at by a long shot. Rail space, looks, nose weight, working on the gun. The non FSP is better in every way IMO. At least for the 14.5"
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Any tan m300 vampires been spotted in the wild? If so any pics?
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are killin me with these sweet desert ranges. Here in the Midwest its slim pickings if you don't own land. I have a 100yd range by my place which suits my needs decently. Every so often I get a chance to set it up and run n gun but it's mostly bench. That's fun for about half a mag with short barrel. Once you've burnt out pushing the accuracy of these little guys you gotta run some or at least have some transitions. Once in a while I'll go on a rainy day so Im guaranteed to have an empty range to take advantage of.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Took the CQBR out to the desert yesterday and let it stretch its legs. Decided to use my "summer" spot and it got pretty damn chipperdy. It's up in the mountains and down in a little valley, which is great during warmer months because it's usually 5 or 10 degrees cooler than the surrounding area and 15 or 20 degrees cooler than where I'm located. It also usually gets a nice breeze. In the winter, not so great. Once the sun went behind the mountains it was friggin' cold, and that "nice breeze" is some chilly shit. Probably only about 30, so nothing compared to what some of you are getting this time of year, but for us desert dwellers that shit is cold. I'm also just getting over being sick, so that might be why it seemed extra cold. I was going to go out last weekend, but got hit with whatever bug is going around.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-06.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-05.jpg

Really like the Raptor-SD so far. I didn't get a chance to try it suppressed yet, so I can't comment how it compares to a GB on that front. Nose to charging handle unsuppressed there is zero gas smell unlike with a GB, but that's not a big surprise - I've always noticed more gas unsuppressed with a GB than most standard CHs. The gas channel allows gas to escape that normally wouldn't under unsuppressed pressure conditions. Obviously, that helps when suppressed because it gives the gas an outlet that isn't in your face, but it's not that helpful unsuppressed.

Without testing it suppressed, I can only give a few random observations. The first thing that stands out is how tightly the SD fits into the charging handle channel in the receiver due to the squared, non-beveled design. I put the usual buttering of grease on it that I do all my charging handles and most of it ended up pushed off at the back of channel. Obviously suppressed will be the real test versus the GB, but the design of the gas directing baffles combined with such a tight fit to the receiver channel does seem sound. When it comes to the actual primary function of a charging handle, I definitely think it's superior to a GB. Worst-case, I'll RTV it if it doesn't do a good job suppressed as hoped (there is a perfect little pocket for adding RTV).

Raptor-SD glamor shot. You can also make out some of the grease that was pushed off into the "RTV pocket" at the rear:
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-03.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-04.jpg

In other CQBR news, the Surefire tan cap and SR07 switch that was backordered for two weeks finally went to "processing" :D. Now if the FDE Gear Sector I ordered in frickin' November would ever ship, I'd be out of this backordered shitshow that seems to surround everything related to the tan M300C :\. First it was the M300C itself backordered, then the Gear Sector and then the cap/SR07, lol.  At least I'll finally have two out of three.
View Quote
Needs paint, so so bad dude. You can even take off the EXPS and Surefire, then paint it. (I gives you permission)

Seriously bro, out of any gun in the thread that desperately needs paint its that one. DEW-ITT!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Sold off the FSB upper and picked up a DD. Gonna keep this one simple and shoot the snot out of it this year.

Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ChrisWMT:
Sold off the FSB upper and picked up a DD. Gonna keep this one simple and shoot the snot out of it this year.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4626/38948023495_a1fa21dac1_h_d.jpg
View Quote
Clean. Reminds me how much I like these setups.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Krdt- it got up to 30 degrees here in good ole northern Indiana. And that's a heat wave this time of year. Couple weeks ago you had to put a minus in front of that for the wind chill factor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Needs paint, so so bad dude. You can even take off the EXPS and Surefire, then paint it. (I gives you permission)

Seriously bro, out of any gun in the thread that desperately needs paint its that one. DEW-ITT!!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-06.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-05.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-02.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-03.jpg

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.Desert.Views-04.jpg

I done used all my paint on my incorrect Mod 0 :p.

I don't really feel a strong pull to paint it right now, honestly - I like the black and FDE goodness of it all too much. Paint would just complicate matters. I don't like how paint looks when it wears through on FDE parts, so I'd either have to replace everything with black accessories before painting or leave the FDE stuff unpainted. That would raise another issue: I don't really like how FDE parts look against a painted lower. So, since I wouldn't paint the FDE RIS II, that basically leaves the upper receiver that I'd consider painting right now. Seems kinda pointless to paint one small area. If it makes you feel better, once my stamp comes in I'll probably be painting the N1 or black SOPMOD - depending on which I use. Of course, I also have an FDE SOPMOD, so I could continue the black/FDE theme indefinitely post-stamp! Black and FDE forever! MWAHAHA! :D

If I add a painted stock I might be motivated enough to buy a black BCM grip and paint the upper, lower and grip. No desire to paint the EXPS or tan M300C (I just swapped off a painted M300C for the tan, after all). I will agree it could use some more wear, though... I kinda look forward to the FDE getting worn/stained and some dings and wear on the receivers. We'll see how long it takes for me to get tired of the current look, but for the moment I like it.

Once the FDE RC is out of jail, it'll be FDE/black awesomeness overload :D. Just behold all the FDE/black goodness. You know you want some:

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if dupe...

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks nice. I like the pistol brace, looks good imho.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:24:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#22]
Rattled canned my gun today.    Might add some more olive drab green come spring time however.  Degreased with isopropel alcohol, then issued paint with laundry bag.  Didn't like the Hogue grip as it rubbed on the selector switch rotating so switched it out for a FDE pistol grip from a Mk17 SCAR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4626/38948023495_a1fa21dac1_h_d.jpg
View Quote
Airsoft LA-5?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:56:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry if this has been covered but what part number would you use for a uid sticker for a mk18 mod 0 clone? Would it be a standard m4 part number since that is what the lower is?    Thanks for the help in advance.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:42:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#25]
Originally Posted By valuejet82:
Sorry if this has been covered but what part number would you use for a uid sticker for a mk18 mod 0 clone? Would it be a standard m4 part number since that is what the lower is?    Thanks for the help in advance.
View Quote
Haven't seen any full UID stickers on any Mk18 Mod 0 (checked all my photos).  UIDs also seem to change quite often on the info on them.  I would just use the M4 part number.  Here's the NSNs for various firearms.

CARBINE, 5.56MM MK 18 MOD 0
NSN 1005-01-527-2288

CARBINE, 5.56MM, M4
NSN 1005-01-231-0973

CARBINE, 5.56MM, M4A1
NSN 1005-01-382-0953

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A2
NSN 1005-01-128-9936

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A3
NSN 1005-01-383-2872

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A4
NSN 1005-01-383-2872

Can't find Mk18 Mod 1

CD
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm quite surprised there are that many examples out there of cqbr's with BEM's and GG&G rails. For $hits ang giggles I'm gonna have to pick one and go for it.  I have all the parts minus 1, so it's not that much of an investment. I find myself drawn more and more to the odd combos out there. Thanks to all for Diggin up those pics. And I gotta give thanks to the EE.  Without the EE, I'd just have an sbr.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Rattled canned my gun today.    Might add some more olive drab green come spring time however.  Degreased with isopropel alcohol, then issued paint with laundry bag.  Didn't like the Hogue grip as it rubbed on the selector switch rotating so switched it out for a FDE pistol grip from a Mk17 SCAR.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4703-428821.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4704-428822.JPG

CD
View Quote
That looks great!

Slightly off topic, but do you work on Mk17s much?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

That looks great!

Slightly off topic, but do you work on Mk17s much?
View Quote
No, because they generally don't have problems and there's fewer carried compared to the M4 family.  Guns are just heavier so guys carry the lighter ones with more ammo.

CD
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Airsoft LA-5?
View Quote
Just a place holder, for now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks CD
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]

CD
View Quote
I like your style.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for posting this CD. Was actually thinking about this the other day.

Haven't seen any full UID stickers on any Mk18 Mod 0 (checked all my photos).  UIDs also seem to change quite often on the info on them.  I would just use the M4 part number.  Here's the NSNs for various firearms.

CARBINE, 5.56MM MK 18 MOD 0
NSN 1005-01-527-2288

CARBINE, 5.56MM, M4
NSN 1005-01-231-0973

CARBINE, 5.56MM, M4A1
NSN 1005-01-382-0953

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A2
NSN 1005-01-128-9936

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A3
NSN 1005-01-383-2872

RIFLE, 5.56MM, M16A4
NSN 1005-01-383-2872

Can't find Mk18 Mod 1

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 4:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#33]

CD
View Quote
I don't know that that Taupe FN grip is clone correct sir. I'm gonna need you to swap it out.....

Looks amazing dude. And that Skilcraft can reminds me its been years since I used Skilcraft tan obliterating compound. Need to snag another can!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Very nice photo. I feel like you are about to sell me either a car or an expensive watch. "The Rolex CQBR Daytona, a fusion of auto racing mastery with a CQBR aesthetic. Always classic, always clone correct."
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:
Just when I thought I was out of the clone game, it pulls me back in.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/23GTXuM"></a>https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4703/39844203321_4a862ac666_z.jpg
View Quote
Glad you're back, always enjoyed your builds.

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:46:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#38]
I've never owned an eotech and have been considering acquiring for a future block2 build. Which do you guys recommend/ prefer and why? The 553 or the exps3? Or both? I am not opposed to both. I like the aesthetics of the 553, but the exps takes up less real-estate an does also require 1 less battery? So lighter?
Edit-I guess I'm wondering if there are any reasons not to buy one or the other. I've heard the inline batteries have issues with repeated recoil. Anyone have experience with this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:08:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#39]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I've never owned an eotech and have been considering acquiring for a future block2 build. Which do you guys recommend/ prefer and why? The 553 or the exps3? Or both? I am not opposed to both. I like the aesthetics of the 553, but the exps takes up less real-estate an does also require 1 less battery? So lighter?
Edit-I guess I'm wondering if there are any reasons not to buy one or the other. I've heard the inline batteries have issues with repeated recoil. Anyone have experience with this.
View Quote
Get the EXPS 3. The smaller size is nice. Battery life is shorter than the 553, but it's an EOTech and they don't last super long anyway. The controls on the side are also easier.

I have had a few 553's and loved them, but with EOTech no longer servicing them I would go with the EXPS 3.

Edit:
I've never had issues with the 553's inline batteries.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:07:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#40]

I don't know that that Taupe FN grip is clone correct sir. I'm gonna need you to swap it out.....

Looks amazing dude. And that Skilcraft can reminds me its been years since I used Skilcraft tan obliterating compound. Need to snag another can!
View Quote
Barrel, bolt, bolt carrier, PG and upper receiver are now FN

CD
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#41]

CD
View All Quotes

CD
FN is taking over! Looking like I may need to change the ol' sig line. Even tho I just realized I think I own exactly 0 FN parts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/E5x5M2"></a>https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4619/24992887707_00201f0d00_z.jpg
View Quote
where u been, wormy?

:)
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Get the EXPS 3. The smaller size is nice. Battery life is shorter than the 553, but it's an EOTech and they don't last super long anyway. The controls on the side are also easier.

I have had a few 553's and loved them, but with EOTech no longer servicing them I would go with the EXPS 3.

Edit:
View Quote
Thanks for the insight. I've mainly used aimpoints (comp series) the past ten years those things seem to never wanna die. I can't say anything bad about aimpoints, but I'd still like to give to give eotech a try. Ultimately I'd really like a ta31f but I'm not sure if the 4x would mess with my eyes for close up shots as I shoot both eyes open. If it doesn't fit  well for cqb work I can always use it on the m4. Or I could do like the guy on Miami swat; get both and use mount the Acog  behind the eotech. When I first saw that I was like, WTF? Different stokes I guess. For those of you with magnifiers behind your eo's, do you find yourself using them enough to justify owning one, or do they spend more time flipped to the side or just not mounted at all? I feel the best solution for transition between magnification would probably be an elcan, but that's a little further in the future for me. Didn't mean to jump around from optic to optic but ideally I'd like to have one of each. Decisions decisions.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Edit:
View Quote
News to me. One of my 553s is at EOTech being serviced as we speak.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
View All Quotes

Edit:
Just got my 2007 and 2012 553's back from servicing. EOTech did tell me they won't be supported in the near future though so get them in soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Just got my 2007 and 2012 553's back from servicing. EOTech did tell me they won't be supported in the near future though so get them in soon.
View Quote
Good to know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
When did you send it in? I heard of people getting denied recently. EOTech told them to send in their 553 and they would give them 50% off of an EXPS 3
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#48]
I filled out the online repair form 3 weeks ago, got a RMA number, and sent it off. I did hear they are running low on 553 parts so once they are gone, they are done repairing them. So depending on what issue you're having, they may not be able to fix it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#49]

When did you send it in? I heard of people getting denied recently. EOTech told them to send in their 553 and they would give them 50% off of an EXPS 3
View Quote
Monday. Michael Kroll approved the RMA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
where u been, wormy?

:)
View Quote
Just living the life out here in BFE.

So I should trade or sell my 553? Hmm

Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 951 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top