User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 953 of 1573)
Page / 1573
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1/nra-lifetime-membership-415608.jpg

The NRA life memberships are on sale until March 15th at $600. This gets you a vote for your board members every year.

For those who are upset with the NRA, it is the only organization with the power to enact massive changes and protect our freedoms. The way to fix the NRA is the same way to fix this country, VOTE! The more of us with a voice, the stronger changes we can enact. This is a chance to get yourself or your spouse a membership and an extra vote. Expand our base and vote in pro-black rifle board members who will represent our interests!!!!

Head to this link to sign up!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, what the fuck are you doing guy?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy: https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1/nra-lifetime-membership-415608.jpg

The NRA life memberships are on sale until March 15th at $600. This gets you a vote for your board members every year.

For those who are upset with the NRA, it is the only organization with the power to enact massive changes and protect our freedoms. The way to fix the NRA is the same way to fix this country, VOTE! The more of us with a voice, the stronger changes we can enact. This is a chance to get yourself or your spouse a membership and an extra vote. Expand our base and vote in pro-black rifle board members who will represent our interests!!!!

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Uh, what the fuck are you doing guy?
View Quote
I've reported but he's shitting all over the clone threads.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#5]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I've reported but he's shitting all over the clone threads.
View Quote
Fucking spambot. Just reported as well...
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Testing223:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Testing223:
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1/nra-lifetime-membership-415608.jpg

Get bent
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck off, Russian hackers. You can spam the MK12 thread though. They’re plebs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck off you fucking spamming fuck!

Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Fuck off, Russian hackers. You can spam the MK12 thread though. They’re plebs.
View Quote
Lol, Mk18 guys calling us plebs. That's rich.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Only shooting 300+? Absolutely scope. But if you want to do everything the EXPS + G33 is a dang good combo. I can run drills on the 25m range and then run over to the long range and get hits on IPSC targets at 500 yards w/o the magnifier. Even easier with the magnifier.
View Quote
I want to have a range the length of yours. Most people like to go with a LPVO over the RDS+ mag route but the true benefit is having the true 1x and FOV of the Eotech. And with the wide circle around your center dot zero point you can use it to hold over. Man size target at 500 meters should be about 1/4 the distance between the inside of the 65 MOA circle and the dot. 400 should be about the dot a foot or so over a man's head.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Go fuck yourself spammer!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know where to buy KAC RAS for Mod0? Did they stop making them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#14]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Difference between Crane's cut down 10.3" Govt profile and FN's new 10.3" SOCOM bbls.  Gas port is a measured .070"
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4690_rz-425197.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4693_rz-425202.JPG

The parts: FN bbl, upper, BC and bolt, DD RIS II Mk18, PRI CH, SF4P FH and KAC front sight.  Rest of parts are all govt contracted.  Only thing that's used was the Forward Assist, almost selected a teardrop M16.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4691_rz-425205.JPG

Assembled and installed on lower w/SSF trigger.  Second we built this week with FN bbl.  Bit heavier up front of course.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4696_rz-425206.JPG

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver:   @Combat_Diver:

What are the markings on those FN Contract Uppers CD?  F marked with Splinter'd A?  M4 above gas tube hole?  Are the T-marks blacked out?  Thanks boss
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:
Anyone know where to buy KAC RAS for Mod0? Did they stop making them?
View Quote
The EE is the best place. Ebay and full retail is a ripoff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have a KAC RAS flathead rear clamp screw they don’t need, or know a good place to grab one?  Want to replace the hex screw.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Anyone have a KAC RAS flathead rear clamp screw they don’t need, or know a good place to grab one?  Want to replace the hex screw.
View Quote
http://www.operationparts.com/knights-armament-clamp-screw-for-m4-and-m5-ras/
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#18]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
View Quote
It's a 10-32 x 3/8” screw. Hardware stores should have something or buy a few from McMaster Carr

Scratch that, looks like you can only buy then in 100 packs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I recently got an ras off the EE that came with the U.K./sas lower half. Locks up tighter than a gnats arse. Anyone know why they count backwards with their t-markers? I thought I also read somewhere that the ris does the same. Why is that? Just to be different?  Seems wrong to count from the muzzle back.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
lights... anybody just painted a black M300 since the original M300 Tans are so hard to find?  Or just say eff it and buy the newer M300C Tan model?
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Just FOed on a maritime bolt catch. don't care about clone correct, handled one today and its tits for 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Just FOed on a maritime bolt catch. don't care about clone correct, handled one today and its tits for 30 bucks.
View Quote
I kinda want one for my CQBR. I shoot rifles left handed and it seems like it'd be a solid upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I kinda want one for my CQBR. I shoot rifles left handed and it seems like it'd be a solid upgrade.
View Quote
for left handed operation its awesome, I'm a righty and never used any type of oversized bolt catch so maybe thats why i loved it so much lol. definitely easier to hit than a standard release for sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
I'm right handed and I want one for my CQBR and 14.5 lol. I use the slap method to drop the bolt so it would def be an upgrade. Its just a far better design than standard. And I have no doubt we will see them on SOF guns in the future
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I'm right handed and I want one for my CQBR and 14.5 lol. I use the slap method to drop the bolt so it would def be an upgrade. Its just a far better design than standard. And I have no doubt we will see them on SOF guns in the future
View All Quotes
BAD lever is where it's at.

Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
lights... anybody just painted a black M300 since the original M300 Tans are so hard to find?  Or just say eff it and buy the newer M300C Tan model?
View Quote
I had a rattle canned black M300C/Gear Sector before I bought the new M300C tan; swapped the painted M300C/GS over to the Mod 0. Honestly, I like both the painted and tan equally.

Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes

Did I tell you how when I bought one (2013) the guy that sold it to me looked at it, looked at me, and said "cheater" then rung me up?

So guise by a strange turn of events in about to have a block 1 CQBR to join my block 2 CQBR in a few days. I can't lie tho, part of me REALLY wants to rip that FSB off and throw a MK8 on it. If only Mk8's grew on trees.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Did I tell you how when I bought one (2013) the guy that sold it to me looked at it, looked at me, and said "cheater" then rung me up?

So guise by a strange turn of events in about to have a block 1 CQBR to join my block 2 CQBR in a few days. I can't lie tho, part of me REALLY wants to rip that FSB off and throw a MK8 on it. If only Mk8's grew on trees.
View All Quotes

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#29]
View All Quotes

I won't lie, as fun as it is to talk shit about BAD levers, it was nice to be able to drop/lock the bolt back with my trigger finger. Quick and convenient.

And oh yeah, I guess my block 1 CQBR is a block 1.5, cause it comes with an SF4P.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#30]
A little off topic in terms of clone correctness but the Redi-Catch is one of my favorite add ons. It manipulates the bolt catch with the mag release (much like AXTS/Radian's ADAC feature) where a right handed person can press the mag release to drop the mag and pull the charging handle back to eject a round and lock the bolt back. Great feature and makes my KAC lower truly full ambi.

The Redi Catch HD - - - www.redi-mag.com
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I won't lie, as fun as it is to talk shit about BAD levers, it was nice to be able to drop/lock the bolt back with my trigger finger. Quick and convenient.

And oh yeah, I guess my block 1 CQBR is a block 1.5, cause it comes with an SF4P.
View All Quotes

Since I loaded and unloaded my M4 MULTIPLE times a day in Afg, I got to where I'd have the barrel in the clearing barrel, trigger finger pushing up on the BAD, rip the charging handle to the rear and catch my round with my left hand all while having someone check my chamber. Other guys would be fumble fucking with their shit and I'd be done and ready to roll. They all looked at me like I performed some magic trick the first few times they saw me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#32]
A little off topic in terms of clone correctness but the Redi-Catch is one of my favorite add ons. It manipulates the bolt catch with the mag release (much like AXTS/Radian's ADAC feature) where a right handed person can press the mag release to drop the mag and pull the charging handle back to eject a round and lock the bolt back. Great feature and makes my KAC lower truly full ambi.

https://i.imgur.com/EDs0AXr.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NA8fkV5cI4
View Quote
I got one of those for Christmas but I can't decide what I want to run it on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you, sir!  SS, thanks for the screw size, I’ll check the hardware store.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Since I loaded and unloaded my M4 MULTIPLE times a day in Afg, I got to where I'd have the barrel in the clearing barrel, trigger finger pushing up on the BAD, rip the charging handle to the rear and catch my round with my left hand all while having someone check my chamber. Other guys would be fumble fucking with their shit and I'd be done and ready to roll. They all looked at me like I performed some magic trick the first few times they saw me.
View All Quotes

Post a vid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#35]

https://i.imgur.com/EDs0AXr.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NA8fkV5cI4
View Quote
I'm a fan of the Redi-Catch as well, have it on three rifles and just ordered two more yesterday, actually.  They have an addon that serves as a release as well but its been out of stock for some time - if it ever come available again I think i will give one a try...

https://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:43:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#36]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

@Combat_Diver:   @Combat_Diver:

What are the markings on those FN Contract Uppers CD?  F marked with Splinter'd A?  M4 above gas tube hole?  Are the T-marks blacked out?  Thanks boss
View Quote
Just looked at several NIW cage coded FN receivers.  One is not marked M4 on front but NSN on that is for a M16A4 as it doesn't have M4 ramps.  Don't know how that got in my parts bin?  But T marked and F and square forge markings.  Others FN receivers are for the M4A1 in that they have T marks, M4 gas tube hole, M4 feed ramps and forge markings as follow.
F and Keyhole
Keyhole
C and splintered A
Attachment Attached File

These are all FN uppers (M16A2, M16A4 and M4) that I've posted before.

Seen the C and keyhole on complete FN M4A1s

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Other new receivers are Demco with M4 and T markings, either splintered A or triangle above M.  So it seems their all over the board.

Note on the Colt marked uppers but packaged and used by FN in complete guns and new wrapped uppers.  Two words, government contracting and suppliers.

CD
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:16:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#37]
I have an fn upper with the stamped 'f' and square forge like pictured in cd's post towards the bottom. It was the first (and only) fn part I own. I had to look em up online because I thought there was somethin 'off' with the F stamp. Not used to the stamp being all the back almost under the CH. I'm waitin to come across a 10.3 FN socom barrel to mate with that upper to build my block2.

Edit- I bet you didn't know that NRA memberships are only $600 now till march 15th. Can't remember where I read that though......oh well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#38]
Post a vid.
View All Quotes

Post a vid.
I'm not coordinated enough to do that and film. Something will wind up getting shot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavaiDavai] [#39]
A little Update to my CQBR
Changed out the EXPS for the older 553.
This 553 has no eotech markings. Did i score a legit mil one?
Also changed out the colt trigger for a SSA-E
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#40]
Originally Posted By DavaiDavai:
https://i.imgur.com/XDImplz.png
View Quote
Probably not. I don't see the SU-231 markings. Also, I bought an extra tan EOTech hood for an old 553 and I don't think it had markings on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#41]
If you wanna get it gussied up, Carolina Laser Works can engrave it with the SU-231 markings.

https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com/EOTech-engraving-p90897103
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sbye:
Probably not. I don't see the SU-231 markings. Also, I bought an extra tan EOTech hood for an old 553 and I don't think it had markings on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavaiDavai:
https://i.imgur.com/XDImplz.png
Kinda hard to tell on my phone, but when zoomed in I think I can just barely see some engraving there. Could just be my eyes though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Kinda hard to tell on my phone, but when zoomed in I think I can just barely see some engraving there. Could just be my eyes though.
View Quote
I think you're right. It's tough to tell. If it does have the SU-231 marking you could call EOTech and give them the serial. They will be able to tell you if it was an issued optic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I think you're right. It's tough to tell. If it does have the SU-231 marking you could call EOTech and give them the serial. They will be able to tell you if it was an issued optic.
View All Quotes

And tell you to fuck off if you want it serviced.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By krdt:
If you wanna get it gussied up, Carolina Laser Works can engrave it with the SU-231 markings.

View Quote
That's cool.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Just looked at several NIW cage coded FN receivers.  One is not marked M4 on front but NSN on that is for a M16A4 as it doesn't have M4 ramps.  Don't know how that got in my parts bin?  But T marked and F and square forge markings.  Others FN receivers are for the M4A1 in that they have T marks, M4 gas tube hole, M4 feed ramps and forge markings as follow.
F and Keyhole
Keyhole
C and splintered A
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4708-430722.JPG

These are all FN uppers (M16A2, M16A4 and M4) that I've posted before.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Colt_M4_receiver.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/T_marks.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/F_marks.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/F_marks_cu.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Front_of_receivers.JPG

Seen the C and keyhole on complete FN M4A1s

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4663-430711.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_4664-430712.JPG

Other new receivers are Demco with M4 and T markings, either splintered A or triangle above M.  So it seems their all over the board.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_16804.JPG

Note on the Colt marked uppers but packaged and used by FN in complete guns and new wrapped uppers.  Two words, government contracting and suppliers.

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver:

Much Obliged my good man!  I have a lead on what are being called FN Contract Uppers but the T marks are blacked out?  Other than that they are identically marked like the F A on the one you have there.  Are this legit ya think or blems/rejects?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Oh word?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh word?
View All Quotes

Oh word?
I kinda want to get my EXPS3 engraved with SU-231A/PEQ, but then I'd still have the big ass Eotech logo to contend with :\.

No idea if the logo could be removed without messing up the finish.
Page / 1573
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 953 of 1573)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top