User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 127
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By semper_kooky:

Are there any photos of this set up that I can reference?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:43:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: semper_kooky] [#2]

Yeah I think I'll attempt this one next. I'm interested in seeing how the NF will work with the larue riser. Guess I gotta sell my 11in barrel and adjustable gas block haha. Were all issued 416s during this time have unvented gas blocks?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]

My favorite HK of all time. That with an NX8 would fuck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Random few

Afsoc:

Misc:

My personal favorite 416 in existence:

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Where did you source that 416 with the NXS 1-4 on a riser with the NF rings? Never seen that before. Also i really need an NXS 1-4 now haha. If anyone wants to sell lmk.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Where did you source that 416 with the NXS 1-4 on a riser with the NF rings? Never seen that before. Also i really need an NXS 1-4 now haha. If anyone wants to sell lmk.

View Quote

It's been floating out there for a long time now. Same rifle:

I have a nav-spec 1-4 from dg that I'd let go if you want to be that correct. But if you're looking for just a civi cheaper one, just hit up the EE, I don't think they're very rare.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
There are also a few pictures out there of DEV with 10.4" HK416s and ACOGs on recces which would be really cool. There is a picture of Justin Sheffield with one and and bipod. He mentioned either in an instagram post of his book that he ground off part of the hood of the ACOG so that the thermal would clip on in front.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By methical20:
There are also a few pictures out there of DEV with 10.4" HK416s and ACOGs on recces which would be really cool. There is a picture of Justin Sheffield with one and and bipod. He mentioned either in an instagram post of his book that he ground off part of the hood of the ACOG so that the thermal would clip on in front.
View Quote

Where do you guys find all these photos? Every time I look for 416 reference photos, I always get flooded with airsoft guns haha. Still no luck on finding a NF, but an ACOG is an interesting idea. Is it still a 416 RECCE if it doesn't have a NF though? lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sn8kplissken] [#10]
I have not seen any acogs on a 416 recce myself. I have though  seen razor 1-6 nxs 2.5-10x24 and 32. leupold mk 6 1-6
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#11]

Where do you guys find all these photos? Every time I look for 416 reference photos, I always get flooded with airsoft guns haha. Still no luck on finding a NF, but an ACOG is an interesting idea. Is it still a 416 RECCE if it doesn't have a NF though? lol
View Quote

Save your money and put an NX8 on it. For $1,200 bucks you can snag a FC Mil version and have a much more capable rifle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Save your money and put an NX8 on it. For $1,200 bucks you can snag a FC Mil version and have a much more capable rifle.https://i.redd.it/6et5kz2ktn541.jpg
View Quote

I love that 416 - so much going on. It’s worth pointing out that the scope is an atacr with the locking turret of the 4-16. Something that leupold ruined for all of us.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:59:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#13]

View Quote

I have loaded folders on my desktop, organized by platform. Spent like 3-4 yrs saving pics, not as a hobby, just whenever im browsing. Most dont come from here, but other places, foreign forums/blogs/sites, you gotta really dig.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:05:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#15]

Save your money and put an NX8 on it. For $1,200 bucks you can snag a FC Mil version and have a much more capable rifle.https://i.redd.it/6et5kz2ktn541.jpg
View Quote

That's a very small exit pupil at 8x.  3mm. Very tight, unforgiving, and will brown out in low light.  Would you a larger objective NX8 be better with a piggyback or offset dot?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#16]
Originally Posted By MS556:

That's a very small exit pupil at 8x.  3mm. Very tight, unforgiving, and will brown out in low light.  Would you a larger objective NX8 be better with a piggyback or offset dot?
View Quote

8x is for prone or a seriously stable shooting position. NX8 is an amazing optic.

But like Rbutcher said. That particular rifle has a prototype ATACR on it. Which has an 8x that's even better than the NX8.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

On paper yeah, it should do terrible at 8x in low light with lots of scope shadow .... But it isn't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#18]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

On paper yeah, it should do terrible at 8x in low light with lots of scope shadow .... But it isn't.
View Quote

Yeah per the tech specs it should be mediocre, but I have a MIL nx8 on the mk18 right now and honestly for the price ($1200) its hard to beat.
It replaced the SU230 for me, and I think for weight/cost/clarity, its a better choice. Still struggling however with how to passive aim under nods.
I run nf rings and dont understand why no one makes a scope ring cap mount for the ultralite rings for an rmr or t1 or something.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:

Yeah per the tech specs it should be mediocre, but I have a MIL nx8 on the mk18 right now and honestly for the price ($1200) its hard to beat.
It replaced the SU230 for me, and I think for weight/cost/clarity, its a better choice. Still struggling however with how to passive aim under nods.
I run nf rings and dont understand why no one makes a scope ring cap mount for the ultralite rings for an rmr or t1 or something.
View Quote

Just run a Burris mount. Or the larue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I tried the larue LT787 but it looks really goofy on the thing and I just cant bear with it.
The burris version is discontinued plus It only fits their fastfire footprint, and I dont have anything in that footprint.

I may have to just switch to like a reptilia scope mount or something, or if im lucky maybe find one of the wilcox ones that got discontinued (or a clone of it)

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#21]

I tried the larue LT787 but it looks really goofy on the thing and I just cant bear with it.
The burris version is discontinued plus It only fits their fastfire footprint, and I dont have anything in that footprint.

I may have to just switch to like a reptilia scope mount or something, or if im lucky maybe find one of the wilcox ones that got discontinued (or a clone of it)

View All Quotes

If a Burris FastFire 1 RDS would be clone accurate I have one in the safe collecting dust. PM me if you’re interested
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

If a Burris FastFire 1 RDS would be clone accurate I have one in the safe collecting dust. PM me if you’re interested
View Quote

I highly appreciate the offer but unfortunately I dont think I could run a burris on this thing, also its for NV aiming so I dont think that red dot has NV capability.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#23]

I highly appreciate the offer but unfortunately I dont think I could run a burris on this thing, also its for NV aiming so I dont think that red dot has NV capability.
View All Quotes

It’s auto dimming. When it gets very dark it goes to a dim setting that looks like it’s pulsing to make it easier to find. I’ve used one for passive aiming before and never had issues with it blooming or making me worry about tube damage. It’s only a 1MOA dot so that helps with the lack of blooming.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]

It’s auto dimming. When it gets very dark it goes to a dim setting that looks like it’s pulsing to make it easier to find. I’ve used one for passive aiming before and never had issues with it blooming or making me worry about tube damage. It’s only a 1MOA dot so that helps with the lack of blooming.
View Quote

I see, not bad, im trying to use a t1 since I have one unused and it makes sense to run it on this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#25]

I see, not bad, im trying to use a t1 since I have one unused and it makes sense to run it on this.
View All Quotes

Understood. Was also just wondering if the FF1 would be appropriate since the Burris mount apparently is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Understood. Was also just wondering if the FF1 would be appropriate since the Burris mount apparently is.
View Quote

Use whatever works. Docter optic fits that mount. That's why I suggested it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Been gone for awhile

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 3:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#28]

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]

What suppressor cover is that? And what’s with the rubberbands on the scope?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#30]
This is the one dude. Good job. Looking to do the same but with the URX.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Forbidden recce in progress

image hosting website
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

That's a 1000 yard gun right there
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

That's a 1000 yard gun right there
View Quote

In my hands it’ll be lucky to hit 200 LOL
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:34:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#34]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Mine is supposed to be out of jail hopefully this week or next. Excited to finally get it all together.

Kinda fun to see they're still being used relatively recently as well:

Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Mine is supposed to be out of jail hopefully this week or next. Excited to finally get it all together.

Kinda fun to see they're still being used relatively recently as well:

https://i.imgur.com/oIx2TnT.jpg
View Quote

Yep. If you brighten that pic up, you’ll see the AAC gun is spray painted. On a side note I sent my pic to Chris fettes and he said he misses that gun. Should be a fun clone to do. Now just waiting for the SDN6 to get out of jail in like 8 months lol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone running a Thoroughbred 15.1 barrel?  Curious what the hivemind thinks about them.  Good performance?  Was also curious what blanks they’re using.  Any info greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Anyone running a Thoroughbred 15.1 barrel?  Curious what the hivemind thinks about them.  Good performance?  Was also curious what blanks they’re using.  Any info greatly appreciated.

View Quote

Great question. I just received mine, looks great.

Anybody have an ammo suggestion for these barrels?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Ive seen a few people buy them but never saw any accuracy reports. might ask this in the mk12/recce FB group. some guys in there have them i believe
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#40]
for those of you who have NF 2.5-10x24's. How are you guys running them? Do you guys keep the scope at 10X and just use the piggyback red dot for target acquisition? or are you guys dialing back and forth between different magnifications? To me, the scope being SFP is the only downside to the scope, which is really keeping me from wanting to acquire one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
for those of you who have NF 2.5-10x24's. How are you guys running them? Do you guys keep the scope at 10X and just use the piggyback red dot for target acquisition? or are you guys dialing back and forth between different magnifications? To me, the scope being SFP is the only downside to the scope, which is really keeping me from wanting to acquire one.
View Quote

Mine stayed on 10x. Every now and then I would shoot at 2.5 at like 70-100 yards
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Mine stayed on 10x. Every now and then I would shoot at 2.5 at like 70-100 yards
View Quote

would you just point and shoot at that distance since your mil marks would be zeroed at the 10x setting?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

would you just point and shoot at that distance since your mil marks would be zeroed at the 10x setting?
View Quote

Yup. No need for any holds since it's zeroed at 100. I honestly dialed more than holding at distance with that optic anyways.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Yup. No need for any holds since it's zeroed at 100. I honestly dialed more than holding at distance with that optic anyways.
View Quote

sounds kind of cool. Worst case, I can always sell it. Thanks for the insight. I'll add it to my ever growing list.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Just recently took mine out for the first time after getting it installed and my AEM5 getting approved.

Was making repeatable hits on silhouette steel at 600 yards with cheap 55gr Winchester M193 so first impressions are good.

Have not ran heavier 75 or 77gr OTM through it yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally a finished and painted NSW Recce to throw in the mix after 6 months!

If someone with more posts doesn't mind reposting I'd appreciate it!

https://i.imgur.com/lGJt6Ce.jpg
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Got you! Looks awesome!

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#48]
^ well done…that looks good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Very well done indeed!

*Cries in still waiting on AEM5 to clear*
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
Very well done indeed!

*Cries in still waiting on AEM5 to clear*
View Quote

I forgot you got one can’t wait to see what you have in store for it

Speaking of, I got my can approved recently and took it to shoot today. Shot and sounded great
Page / 127
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top