AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 269
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

Why's that?
View Quote
Most importantly the difference in barrel quality. I wouldn’t put Geissele in the same ballpark as DD when it comes to barrels.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nanners83] [#3]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

DD has them in stock but not with the correct lpgb, stripped or with fsb.
View Quote
Is the pinned DD LPGB not the correct part from the issued kits?

ETA: Ah, I see what you mean now. Only the stripped or FSB options are currently in stock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I haven't been keeping track of things. Sounds like you're talking about the Duty and Super Duty uppers. Also, it wouldn't be a URG-I without the DD barrel, so maybe it's being discontinued?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Akin:
Has anyone heard about the in-house barrels Geissele is allegedly going to start selling these with?  At the SHOT Show, one of the guys at their booth told me they would no longer be selling them with Daniel Defense barrels but rather their own.  Although he did tell me that the military would still get DD barrels as that was in the contract...
I haven't been keeping track of things. Sounds like you're talking about the Duty and Super Duty uppers. Also, it wouldn't be a URG-I without the DD barrel, so maybe it's being discontinued?
I specifically asked him about the URG-Is, as I wanted to know when they would offer the "near clone" models again.  I suppose *he* could have been talking about Duty and Super Duty uppers...?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: duke23433] [#5]
For those in need of a light, AU is blowing out Tan Surefire M600s (I think these are clone correct substitute?) $185

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFire-M600-Ultra-Scout-Light-WeaponLight-p/m600u-z68.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word on the 11.5" URGI in the field yet? Seems like it would be an easy change over since it's still that carbine length gas tube, unlike the 14.5 URGI kit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By duke23433:
For those in need of a light, AU is blowing out Tan Surefire M600s (I think these are clone correct substitute?) $185

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFire-M600-Ultra-Scout-Light-WeaponLight-p/m600u-z68.htm
View Quote
I was just about to ask about those. While my URG-I build isn’t a true clone, but rather my patrol rifle at work, I like to try to keep it clone-ish...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I was just about to ask about those. While my URG-I build isn’t a true clone, but rather my patrol rifle at work, I like to try to keep it clone-ish...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By duke23433:

I bought two, one for this and one for my block II so I think you will be in good company. I’ve seen these rocked on plenty of guns posted in both threads
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Why's that?
It's not correct for a URG-i clone and G barrels do not have nearly the reputation that DD barrels have built over the years. I'm sure they are just fine but G is new to the barrel game. Even the "near clone" and previous "clone" complete uppers that were sold are not correct and what the mil gets, the G gas block and mk12 block respectively are not what is issued.

So really the only way you are getting a "clone" upper is to build it yourself nowadays. Buy a MK16 rail (hope for the NSN Marked variant), colt upper, and DD CHF 14.5 mid with the gas block complete from DD(which always seem to be out of stock everywhere). That setup gets you exactly what is issued to the military in the URG-i kit's.
FYI, You can call DD and tell them what you want and they will reserve one for you. I think I waited a week before one of mine shipped.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M3iser:
FYI, You can call DD and tell them what you want and they will reserve one for you. I think I waited a week before one of mine shipped.
View All Quotes

Why's that?
It's not correct for a URG-i clone and G barrels do not have nearly the reputation that DD barrels have built over the years. I'm sure they are just fine but G is new to the barrel game. Even the "near clone" and previous "clone" complete uppers that were sold are not correct and what the mil gets, the G gas block and mk12 block respectively are not what is issued.

So really the only way you are getting a "clone" upper is to build it yourself nowadays. Buy a MK16 rail (hope for the NSN Marked variant), colt upper, and DD CHF 14.5 mid with the gas block complete from DD(which always seem to be out of stock everywhere). That setup gets you exactly what is issued to the military in the URG-i kit's.
Huh.

I called them earlier today, and they told me they should have them back in stock in April, and to check back then.  No mention of holding one for me or anything...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M3iser] [#11]

Huh.

I called them earlier today, and they told me they should have them back in stock in April, and to check back then.  No mention of holding one for me or anything...
View Quote
Maybe they are overloaded with requests for these now. My receipt is from August and actually says custom barrel.

They have 2 in stock at Optics Planet. Part # 07-077-07308.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Which specific SF SOCOM suppressor is clone correct?  There’s a couple variations out there.  Are there any improved models that aren’t exactly clone correct?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By whoanelly:
Which specific SF SOCOM suppressor is clone correct?  There’s a couple variations out there.  Are there any improved models that aren’t exactly clone correct?
View Quote
The original 556-RC can in FDE is clone correct. It has the NSN engraved on it. The 556-RC2 is what is now widely available on the commercial market. Some people say it's an improved design, some say it's a more economical design. Apparently the RC2, along with the SF3P and WarComp, have been given NSN's fairly recently but I don't know if that means they will be widely issued.

Big Tex Outdoors had RC's over the summer for a blowout price, I don't know if they will be getting any more though. You might also be able to order one direct from Surefire, but expect to pay full MSRP. I went the RC2 route...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Can't get myself to sell the upper yet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#15]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
https://i.imgur.com/Z90KVoR.jpg
Can't get myself to sell the upper yet.
View Quote
I went through that like 7 times with my block II builds.  Build, shoot, sell.  Rinse and repeat.

I’ve now decided to just build my SBRs out in clone-ish fashion and leave them.  Especially with the Mk16 rail being somewhat light.  I need to move on to night vision and thermals.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By romad99:

I went through that like 7 times with my block II builds.  Build, shoot, sell.  Rinse and repeat.

I’ve now decided to just build my SBRs out in clone-ish fashion and leave them.  Especially with the Mk16 rail being somewhat light.  I need to move on to night vision and thermals.
View Quote
I'm right there with you and agree.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#17]
Went out at shot some longer stuff yesterday afternoon/night. Was getting consistent hits at 460 with some mk262. Didn't have much time due to light to get a good dope.
Then we switched to seeing in the dark things.

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Conner378: Was getting consistent hits at 460 with some mk262.
View Quote
 Thanks for sharing those pics.  Yeah, that round flies well, don't it?

I like your range; some of the flora at distance looks like the old fiberglas Crazy Ivan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Went out at shot some longer stuff yesterday afternoon/night. Was getting consistent hits at 460 with some mk262. Didn't have much time due to light to get a good dope.
Then we switched to seeing in the dark things.
https://i.postimg.cc/q7QPxgRM/9-A44-BC87-9-DCC-4823-81-AA-EDC478-A744-E5.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/g0trxz31/006271-E7-B5-ED-4-F51-8-D3-F-823-A7-BD9015-F.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mgwPGNkL/6-E005156-3199-4-CB9-A1-D5-CE683375-B4-A5.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BvnXZLPx/BF589-AEC-058-B-412-B-8003-522133-A10368.jpg
View Quote
I saw your vids. Nice set up and great shooting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]
So, I finally got around to taking my URG-I apart earlier.

Question... is there a manual or instructions or anything for it?  The Mk. 16 rail looks close, but mine has two little hex-head screws that apparently grip the upper reciever, and they aren’t mentioned in the Mk. 16 manual.

Anyway, those screws... anyone know if there is a set torque or a special way to install those? Near as I can tell, there’s nothing fancy about them, but I’m curious...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#21]

Question... is there a manual or instructions or anything for it?  The Mk. 16 rail looks close, but mine has two little hex-head screws that apparently grip the upper reciever, and they aren’t mentioned in the Mk. 16 manual.

Anyway, those screws... anyone know if there is a set torque or a special way to install those? Near as I can tell, there’s nothing fancy about them, but I’m curious...

Thanks!
View Quote
Are you referring to the little anti-rotation tab set screws?  I have always tightened them until they are just barely touching the upper.  Any more and you can easily dimple your upper and bend the tabs out on the MK16 also.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By india13c:
Are you referring to the little anti-rotation tab set screws?  I have always tightened them until they are just barely touching the upper.  Any more and you can easily dimple your upper and bend the tabs out on the MK16 also.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By india13c:

Thanks!
Also put some thread locker. Probably blue or purple.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks!
View Quote
IIRC, you should be good if you use the long end of a hex key in the screw and the short end as the handle.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Badger52:
OT, but Holy Site Exploitation, WTH is that big launcher in the background?  :)
View Quote
That's my grail gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks!
View Quote
Anti rotation, I tighten them one side and the other till the rail is aligned with the upper receiver. if not the 1913 rails on top will not be aligned.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Re-zero'd the Razor with the new upper I got to replace the mk12 interference one and shot the SOCOM for the first time.

iPotato pic forgive me

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCState85] [#27]
Still need to get a KAC front sight and eventually a PEQ. Was thinking about getting a variable power optic, but now I'm leaning towards a magnifier for the T2.

" />

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my last piece in for my bipod setup and urg-i setup. Had to snap pics together.

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my last piece in for my bipod setup and urg-i setup. Had to snap pics together.

https://i.imgur.com/FfyIiB8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3VONMGH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3K9p8j7.jpg
View Quote
I finally made up my mind on buying the tan Badger Ordnance 1.70 mount for my Razor. Now I'm second guessing it again!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#30]

I finally made up my mind on buying the tan Badger Ordnance 1.70 mount for my Razor. Now I'm second guessing it again!
View Quote
1.70 is a great height. I wish G would offer one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:06:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#31]

100yds with some Jewish MK262.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#32]

1.70 is a great height. I wish G would offer one.
https://i.ibb.co/wNVQX7M/coltk1604.jpg
View Quote
Yea that's what I'm leaning towards. I would have bought a Geissele already but they're still out of stock. I'm also not sure if I'd want the top mount RMR on the Geissele or the offset RMR mount with the Badger Ordnance. Choices....
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
The Badger mounts look amazing. I'd love to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M3iser] [#34]

View Quote
Yea, maybe the 1.70 will be the sweetspot on height, guess I'll give it a shot. I also need that ShadowTech tripod too. Haha.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:50:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M3iser] [#35]

View Quote
They are on sale at scopelist currently.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NCState85:
Still need to get a KAC front sight and eventually a PEQ. Was thinking about getting a variable power optic, but now I'm leaning towards a magnifier for the T2.

https://i.imgur.com/PgoEKnS.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/PgoEKnS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3RFJwrg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EeBEpHd.jpg
View Quote
Noob question here. Can someone point me in the direction of where to get these retaining bands for the B5 Sopmod stocks?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Nab187:

Noob question here. Can someone point me in the direction of where to get these retaining bands for the B5 Sopmod stocks?
View Quote
https://gearward.com/products/ranger-bands
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
There was a guy selling them in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

There was a guy selling them in the EE.
View Quote
Well hell. I have to find this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Yea that's what I'm leaning towards. I would have bought a Geissele already but they're still out of stock. I'm also not sure if I'd want the top mount RMR on the Geissele or the offset RMR mount with the Badger Ordnance. Choices....
View Quote
I have an ROF90 with RMR on top of my 1.93 Geissele. Seems more advantageous, especially passive with NODs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#41]
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49540510923_346084c016_c.jpg

100yds with some Jewish MK262.
View Quote
Looks kosher to me!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Awesome. Thank you sir. I have some on the way!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Upper in corner...…
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Further question... what’s the purpose of putting a rubber band on the stock?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#45]
@akin it's for sling retention
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#46]

https://i.imgur.com/FfyIiB8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3VONMGH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3K9p8j7.jpg
View Quote
That’s a really nice setup you have there...
Is the tripod the tall or shorter one? Looking into buying one, AU has 2 sizes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By speedjunkie:
View Quote
Huh.

Having a hard time figuring out why that’s better than a sling swivel...
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]
You would still have your sling in the qd but take the extra and put it under the rubber band while sling is not being used
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#49]

That’s a really nice setup you have there...
Is the tripod the tall or shorter one? Looking into buying one, AU has 2 sizes.
View Quote
Tall/normal version. I am 6'3 and at full extension it still allows the gun to be above eye level. The short version would not allow you to use it as a standing setup.

Setup is:

Shadow Tech Pig 0311-G
Feisol CB-50DL ball head
Shadow Tech Hog Saddle
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Huh.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By speedjunkie:
Huh.

Keeps the slack from swinging around and catching on shit when you pull it out of storage. Just grab the middle and pull and it unwinds itself and you're ready to sling up.
Page / 269
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top