View Quote
Those B5 stocks are cancer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Conner378:

Those B5 stocks are cancer.
View Quote
Operators =\= people who use the best setups when deployed. I bet he doesnt even know what a "URGI" MEANS. Lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
Stolen from the gram.

https://i.postimg.cc/BvN7XnrG/Screenshot-20200301-125155.png
View Quote
Wherever you have this hosted has AIDS, full of high jackers, so beware.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody run lower power ammo through their urgi near clone 14.5 upper did it function fine?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mrlegalace777:
Anybody run lower power ammo through their urgi near clone 14.5 upper did it function fine?
View Quote
Wolf Gold and Polyformance .223 cycles fine with Super 42 spring and H2 buffer.

Inceptor .223 frangible ammo wont cycle properly with the same buffer and spring setup.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ops144] [#8]
Hey all ,
Quick question?.

Edit :Have a URGI withG gas block..

I am I good to go? No bent rail..

Tried reading through most of thread and just got more confused.
Not trying to clone just wanted a 14.5 upper and thought this was cool.

I will not be mounting a MWAL.just light and optic.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ops144:
Hey all ,
Quick question?.

Have a urg withG gas block..

I am I good to go? No bent rail..

Tried reading through most of thread and just got more confused.
Not trying to clone just wanted a 14.5 upper and thought this was cool.

I will not be mounting a MWAL.just light and optic.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Need you to clarify which rail you're running.  DD RIS II which is the URG or Geissele Mk16 which is the URGI.  The URG uses a Mk12 DD LPGB and where the URGI uses the Geissele LPGB.

CD
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:20:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ops144] [#10]
Thanks Sir,

It’s using the URGI MK 16 rail
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:43:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vapor-Trail] [#11]
Thanks Sir,

View Quote
I wouldn't mount anything that needs to retain a zero on the rail right where the gas block is.

The whole "bendy" issue came from where we saw from a member here with a video of the gas block hitting the inside of the rail when dropped and causing visible deformation on the rail and loss of zero with a MAWL mounted at that exact location. Video is around here somewhere.

I would go with a different gas block. The raised ribs on the G block isn't the best thing nor is the fact that a nitrided 17-4 block is hard as hell and would beat the crap out of anything it hits.

Eta: you can't go wrong with the clone correct block from DD. Problem is you can only buy with a complete barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:
I wouldn't mount anything that needs to retain a zero on the rail right where the gas block is.

The whole "bendy" issue came from where we saw from a member here with a video of the gas block hitting the inside of the rail when dropped and causing visible deformation on the rail and loss of zero with a MAWL mounted at that exact location. Video is around here somewhere.

I would go with a different gas block. The raised ribs on the G block isn't the best thing nor is the fact that a nitrided 17-4 block is hard as hell and would beat the crap out of anything it hits.

Eta: you can't go wrong with the clone correct block from DD. Problem is you can only buy with a complete barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks Sir,

Shit so I have a dud upper.. only thing that I would need to retain zero is buis..

Any good fix for this upper with out having to dump a shit ton more money into it?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Shit so I have a dud upper.. only thing that I would need to retain zero is buis..

Any good fix for this upper with out having to dump a shit ton more money into it?
View All Quotes
Thanks Sir,

I wouldn't call it a dud. I have one with the exact same setup and it runs like a champ. Rail feels great and is otherwise solid. Another guy here ran his over on accident with an ATV and it was fine. Just wouldn't mount a laser right at that exact location if I had one. I doubt any other "slim" rail on the market would be that much better.

If you are concerned about it. Maybe just replace gas block with a lower profile one? The MK12 gas block is almost too big btw. It touches or comes real close to the bottom. That's another whole issue that became a big flailex in this thread.

Also if you have a newer rail there is a small difference I noticed that may make the thing a bit stronger. They may have quietly updated them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#14]

I wouldn't call it a dud. I have one with the exact same setup and it runs like a champ. Rail feels great and is otherwise solid. Another guy here ran his over on accident with an ATV and it was fine. Just wouldn't mount a laser right at that exact location if I had one. I doubt any other "slim" rail on the market would be that much better.

If you are concerned about it. Maybe just replace gas block with a lower profile one? The MK12 gas block is almost too big btw. It touches or comes real close to the bottom. That's another whole issue that became a big flailex in this thread.

Also if you have a newer rail there is a small difference I noticed that may make the thing a bit stronger. They may have quietly updated them.
View Quote
Quietly updating? Can you elaborate? Pics maybe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Quietly updating? Can you elaborate? Pics maybe?
View Quote
This is all completely speculation by me. But take a look at these two rails. The one on the left I got on black friday sale in 2018. The one on the right I just got a month ago from 2019 black friday. I was one of the people to get the 35% coupon (thanks G!) so this is a recent rail, NSN marked etc.

Notice they have seemed to increase the radius of this inner fillet. This is a what I would have done. Increasing this fillet just a little bit can go a long way. Structures don't like sharp inside corners. Under various applied loads, stress will concentrate right at this corner and failure will occur there. If you wanted to reinforce the picatinny section, that would be the thing to do.

Once again this is all speculation by me, based on two rails I own. This may just be a manufacturing variation but it was noticeable enough that it caught my eye.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:52:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn good eye , its prob true
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:01:56 AM EDT
[#17]

This is all completely speculation by me. But take a look at these two rails. The one on the left I got on black friday sale in 2018. The one on the right I just got a month ago from 2019 black friday. I was one of the people to get the 35% coupon (thanks G!) so this is a recent rail, NSN marked etc.

Notice they have seemed to increase the radius of this inner fillet. This is a what I would have done. Increasing this fillet just a little bit can go a long way. Structures don't like sharp inside corners. Under various applied loads, stress will concentrate right at this corner and failure will occur there. If you wanted to reinforce the picatinny section, that would be the thing to do.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35055/fillet-1305302.jpg

Once again this is all speculation by me, based on two rails I own. This may just be a manufacturing variation but it was noticeable enough that it caught my eye.
View Quote
Interesting! I didn't notice that with mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok cool thanks.

No laser just buis and flash light.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
There's nothing wrong with your upper. Shoot it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
View All Quotes

just try not to drop it
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#21]
11.5 but with more super duty.

Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice. Just the right amount of additional rail space.

How do you like it so far?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I have everything except the rail and IR device. Ready for that Mk16 to be back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice. I'm liking how the G rail is notched like the 416 rails. How it should have been from the beginning.
No G markings or NSNs on the 11.5 versions?

Cool stuff on there.
Mueller Industries receiver, Hot button.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there an option to do a black upper with DDC rail when things were in stock or did you mix and match?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#26]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Nice. I'm liking how the G rail is notched like the 416 rails. How it should have been from the beginning.

Cool stuff on there.
View Quote
Originally Posted By m1afan1000:

Is there an option to do a black upper with DDC rail when things were in stock or did you mix and match?
View Quote
Any issued 10.5" MK16s will have the standard anti-rotation tabs.

The only MK16s with NSN markings have been the 13.5"s.

AFAIK, Super Duty rails are not marked with anything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Form 4 came in for SOCOM I had sent in September.

Link Posted: 3/7/2020 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bwhited:
Form 4 came in for SOCOM I had sent in September.

https://i.postimg.cc/LsGVw1hb/20200307-153815.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Mine started early October.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By m1afan1000:

View Quote
Was wondering the same, I would guess mix and match but either way it’s awesome!

Now I want an 11.5 to go with my 14.5 and 10.3.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:

Was wondering the same, I would guess mix and match but either way it’s awesome!

Now I want an 11.5 to go with my 14.5 and 10.3.
View Quote
Yeah kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing a ddc MK16 10.5 kit on BF. Have everything else ready to go waiting for more stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#32]
Originally Posted By runguns:
just try not to drop it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runguns:

just try not to drop it
Lol we dropped mine a few times, even had it ran over with a ATV. My son and I used it again this week at Cola Warrior....still 100% as always. Yea I put it on safe after he came out of the box, he was still a little dazed at that point Cleared all his rifle targets in the pouring rain in less than one mag.

Tough little rifle so far, 4k plus rounds and five cola warrior competitions with no issues.

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice work, thanks for sharing those pics.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Cool stuff on there.
View Quote
My 11.5 G upper has no markings.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Is that a Kahles?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:57:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#36]
Sure is.
Rail is a mk14 G rail.

Eta:
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

Cool stuff on there.
URG-I, Duty, or Super Duty?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

View Quote
Super Duty upper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Super Duty upper.
View All Quotes

Super Duty upper.
Oh, OK. That doesn't really tell us if the 10.5" MK16s will be marked or not. I'm guessing they'll all say Geissele Automatics but not have a part number or NSN like the 9.3" MK16s.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Oh, OK. That doesn't really tell us if the 10.5" MK16s will be marked or not. I'm guessing they'll all say Geissele Automatics but not have a part number or NSN like the 9.3" MK16s.
View Quote
My 10.5 has nothing on it except T-marks with no paint fill.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
My 9.3" Mk16 doesn't have a part number or NSN marking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:29:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#42]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Keeps the slack from swinging around and catching on shit when you pull it out of storage. Just grab the middle and pull and it unwinds itself and you're ready to sling up.
View Quote
I have about a dozen Ranger Bands from GEARWARD. More than I will ever need/use that I'm willing to share. Surprisingly good bands...much better than DIY bicycle innertubes. If anyone wants one or two, drop me a line...I will send. These fit my BCM buttstock perfectly.
Attachment Attached File

Eta:
9 left
8 left
6 left

Dayuum...going fast! 2 left!

GONE!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Creature:

I have about a dozen Ranger Bands from GEARWARD that I'm willing to share. If anyone wants one or two, drop me a line...I will send. These fit my BCM buttstock perfectly.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153820/20200310_071520_jpg-1309527.JPG
View Quote
Email/IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#44]

I have about a dozen Ranger Bands from GEARWARD that I'm willing to share. If anyone wants one or two, drop me a line...I will send. These fit my BCM buttstock perfectly.

Eta: 9 left
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#45]

I have about a dozen Ranger Bands from GEARWARD. More than I will ever need/use that I'm willing to share. Surprisingly good bands...much better than DIY bicycle innertubes. If anyone wants one or two, drop me a line...I will send. These fit my BCM buttstock perfectly.

Eta:
9 left
8 left
6 left
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#46]
What are you guys using camera wise for your posted pics?

Rifles look great.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Don't everyone head over to Primary Arms all at once
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone know the story behind this one?

Individual purchase of some sort (BCM upper)?

I posted this in the Block II thread, but then wondered if this came up here as well?

Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#49]
I only have 1 Gearward Ranger Band left. Free...to a good rifle in need. Drop me a message.

GONE!

btw...sorry if I offended anyone by mini-hijacking this thread.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top