Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

A Geissele barrel
View Quote
So it's a super duty upper, do they at least come with the four prong flash hider?

I guess with the DD 14.5 mid lenth barrel shortage they had no choice.

No Colt upper or BCG
No DD barrel with pinned DD gas block

I guess it just depends on the level of cloning you want.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
So it's a super duty upper, do they at least come with the four prong flash hider?

No Colt upper or BCG

View Quote
G got out of the cloning game due to the earlier fiasco.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]

No Colt upper or BCG

View Quote

Still comes with the SF4P.

As far as I know the only things still urg-i on the new uppers:
MK16
SF4P
Airborne Charging Handle
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:23:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#4]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:

Still comes with the SF4P.

As far as I know the only things still urg-i on the new uppers:
MK16
SF4P
Airborne Charging Handle
View Quote
I can't blame geissele for the barrel shortage, can always flip the barrel when clone ones get in stock.

My second URGI upper was a build vs the first run factory URGI on the right.

Pic thread, my DDC CH is on my DDC geissele build until I get another.

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View Quote
Can't blame them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't blame them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Can't blame them.

Agreed, don’t see why any company with an intent to run a profitable business would cater to cloners.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

MK16 handguard on the Super Duty doesn't have the tabs on the side, but on the top that indexes with a notch in the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Agreed, don’t see why any company with an intent to run a profitable business would cater to cloners.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:
Can't blame them.

I’d have to agree with that.  We cloners are a particular bunch.  When companies have tried to break into it, they get nit picked non stop.  They’d be better off just selling whatever contract parts they produce separately for us to build on our own.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my RC2 for 765 from Surefire. Put the order in just a couple weeks ago, Surefire dude said I got lucky. Will be my first can. Can't imagine waiting a year, guess I'll just have to forget about it and be surprised later.
Sold my second URGI upper for $2k on Gbroker.

Does anyone actually prefer the Elcan 1-4 over the Razor 1-6? Love my Razor but that mag ring is a heavy bitch. Would prefer the quick toggle of the Elcan plus the lesser weight.

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 6:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpartanNick] [#10]
Trying pic again, didn't work last time.

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SpartanNick:
Trying pic again, didn't work last time.

https://flic.kr/p/2mkZxJk
View Quote

Didn't work then either.

fixt:

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my RC2 for 765 from Surefire. Put the order in just a couple weeks ago, Surefire dude said I got lucky. Will be my first can. Can't imagine waiting a year, guess I'll just have to forget about it and be surprised later.

Does anyone actually prefer the Elcan 1-4 over the Razor 1-6? Love my Razor but that mag ring is a heavy bitch. Would prefer the quick toggle of the Elcan plus the lesser weight.

View Quote

I’ve had thoughts about going back to an Elcan on my 11.5 URGI for no other reason than how compact it is relative to the Razor
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
i remember seeing a picture showing the inside dimensions of the mk16 compared to the urx4, does anyone have it or know which page it was on this thread?
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the fix. Not sure why I can't make it work on my end.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#16]
Thanks for the fix. Not sure why I can't make it work on my end.
View Quote
With Flickr, click on the "share photo" arrow, go over to BB code and copy and paste the link directly in your post.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I prefer the Elcan.  I’ve come to really dislike LPVO’s.  I actually started with a Razor 1-6 on my Block II and traded it for an Elcan 1-4 which I still have.  I later picked up a Razor 1-10 for my URGI, kept it for a bit and sold it.  I recently picked up another Razor 1-10, kept it for a day and went right back to my T2 on the URGI.  I love my Elcan though and am considering picking another one up in the future.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
My Elcan was issued and it worked great for a combat optic.  I don't spend $1k on optics so I do not own one.  I have an LPVO on my URGI with an offset RDS because it is my coyote rifle too.  If it was a clone or SHTF only, the Elcan is perfect.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

I prefer the Elcan.  I’ve come to really dislike LPVO’s.  I actually started with a Razor 1-6 on my Block II and traded it for an Elcan 1-4 which I still have.  I later picked up a Razor 1-10 for my URGI, kept it for a bit and sold it.  I recently picked up another Razor 1-10, kept it for a day and went right back to my T2 on the URGI.  I love my Elcan though and am considering picking another one up in the future.
View Quote

From what I've seen the consensus is you either love the Elcan or hate it. Some say the eyebox and eye relief is great, others say it sucks. Some hate the arms mounts and external adjustments, some say no issues.

I've come to appreciate durability above all things and the Elcan certainly has that reputation.

How is it on 1x? Do you feel its faster than an LPVO despite the 2.5 inch-ish eye relief?

For me the lackluster warranty, somewhat high price and only 4x for said price kinda holds me back. But I am still intrigued. Been thinking of just going back to Acog/RMR for my Block 1 instead and leaving Razor on the URGI. Eye relief caused me to sell my last one, but the only other magnified optic on the same level of durability is the Elcan. Maybe ATACR.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
Pew Pew!

https://i.imgur.com/1e3yZKCl.png
View Quote

Are the M4S kosher on URGIs?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote

There's some pics of the CompM4s on the LT659 mount.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:09:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#22]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

There's some pics of the CompM4s on the LT659 mount.
View Quote

Dope. It'll go great on my super duty 14.5...close as I could get right now without any DD barrels

What page?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:18:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#23]

Dope. It'll go great on my super duty 14.5...close as I could get right now without any DD barrels

What page?
View Quote

LOL. Somewhere.

I have some saved on my phone and I'll upload them when I finish my shift.

Edit: Found one of my posts. https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/?page=152#i8061995
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 3:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aftac] [#24]

View Quote

They are and CompM4 and CompM4S is in the supply system.  Many team members use what they know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By aftac:

They are and CompM4 and CompM4S is in the supply system.  Many team members use what they know.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aftac:

CompM4s and Larue mount was my first set-up on my URGI.  In my quest to have some variety in optics that I own, I may go back to it on my 14.5” URGI.  Which would free up my T2 for an 11.5” URGI down the road.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]

From what I've seen the consensus is you either love the Elcan or hate it. Some say the eyebox and eye relief is great, others say it sucks. Some hate the arms mounts and external adjustments, some say no issues.

I've come to appreciate durability above all things and the Elcan certainly has that reputation.

How is it on 1x? Do you feel its faster than an LPVO despite the 2.5 inch-ish eye relief?

For me the lackluster warranty, somewhat high price and only 4x for said price kinda holds me back. But I am still intrigued. Been thinking of just going back to Acog/RMR for my Block 1 instead and leaving Razor on the URGI. Eye relief caused me to sell my last one, but the only other magnified optic on the same level of durability is the Elcan. Maybe ATACR.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:

The eye relief doesn’t bother me.  But 4x ACOG eye relief doesn’t bother me either so the Elcan feels better to me with the slightly longer eye relief.  

1x seems fine to me.  The illuminated dot is red dot bright but even with it off, the etched reticle is very easy to pick up on 1x.  

I always have a hard time getting the diopter set correctly so that I can get a true 1x on LPVO’s.  The Elcan does not have an adjustable diopter but it works well with my eyes.  

Armament Tech has really good customer service.  The written warranty may not sound good but in reality they seem to take of any problems without issue.  I marred up my battery cap trying to get it off pretty good.  I called them up and they sent me a new one free of charge.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueDevilBrew] [#27]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
6920 OEM 1 & 2 at Arms Unlimited for 750.-
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Diz:
6920 OEM 1 & 2 at Arms Unlimited for 750.-
View Quote

Thats almost pre-scamdemic price......good deal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By imdBman:
My Elcan was issued and it worked great for a combat optic.  I don't spend $1k on optics so I do not own one.  I have an LPVO on my URGI with an offset RDS because it is my coyote rifle too.  If it was a clone or SHTF only, the Elcan is perfect.
View Quote

What language is that??
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

On the upper, yes as new and old uppers were used to rebuild URGI from URGs.  Cage coded uppers are in the system for replacements. While, I've seen only one or two FN M4A1s in Groups as replacement guns.  Most 99.99% are Colts for some reason.  However, USASFC doesn't get issued M4s (burst), they get M4A1 (auto) guns.

CD

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beefboi99:
Are FN Cage Code uppers and FN Lowers correct for an URGI? Just ordered a FN M4 marked lower from PA. Wondering if I should get a Matching FN upper.

On the upper, yes as new and old uppers were used to rebuild URGI from URGs.  Cage coded uppers are in the system for replacements. While, I've seen only one or two FN M4A1s in Groups as replacement guns.  Most 99.99% are Colts for some reason.  However, USASFC doesn't get issued M4s (burst), they get M4A1 (auto) guns.

CD

CD,

Were only the Raised Lettering FN/Colt/Anchor Harvey uppers used or were any of the Stamped/Lazer FN Uppers used?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Range day for WIP guns-one day they will be clonier

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#34]
CD,

Were only the Raised Lettering FN/Colt/Anchor Harvey uppers used or were any of the Stamped/Lazer FN Uppers used?
View Quote

Any USGI M4 upper in system
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
CD,

Cool, Thanks again for all the help.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Will816:

What language is that??
View Quote

🤣😂
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Hot fucking damn I finally scored the DD barrel and it was the last one in stock.............................Got 3 Four prongs on backorder and will order the NF NX8 for thanksgiving then assemble.......Which would be the appropriate mount for the NF?  G or Unimount?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:
Hot fucking damn I finally scored the DD barrel and it was the last one in stock.............................Got 3 Four prongs on backorder and will order the NF NX8 for thanksgiving then assemble.......Which would be the appropriate mount for the NF?  G or Unimount?
View Quote

Nice, I have instock notifications for everywhere and haven’t seen a DD barrel in quite some time. Hope they bust out a run before March so I can assemble a URGI clone when I come back to the states.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Have other scope mounts been used with the Razors besides the Geissele mount?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JTM20:
Have other scope mounts been used with the Razors besides the Geissele mount?
View Quote

I asked a similar question a while back because I wanted to know if my ADM recon mount was g2g.  Someone responded that they have seen the same setup being used.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:

I asked a similar question a while back because I wanted to know if my ADM recon mount was g2g.  Someone responded that they have seen the same setup being used.
View Quote

Good to know.

I'm betting there's been a few other mounts seen in the wild, just looking to see what my options are.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 11/14/2021 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Wow, 2k! I’m tempted to sell my first run upper now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AKSU:

Wow, 2k! I’m tempted to sell my first run upper now.
View Quote

Now that Geissele is making them again with G barrels you'll either get a big premium for the DD barrel, or on the other hand people that haven't been following it closely might not know the difference. There's a G barrel version on gunbroker now for 1350 new.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Was there ever an official LPVO optic named for the rifle, and what about official BUIS?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:
Was there ever an official LPVO optic named for the rifle, and what about official BUIS?
View Quote

Matech rear, Knights front
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:03:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpartanNick] [#48]
There's a new DD 14.5 mid barrel on the EE...FYI
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:
View Quote
Tano ATACR, and the sig tango also has a contract.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Tano ATACR, and the sig tango also has a contract.
View Quote

But anything official? A lot of different optics pictured so I'm guessing it's up to the unit or operator.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top