BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You really can’t go wrong with being correct with a urgi almost everything to a certain point has been used to the individual’s preference. It’s been mentioned in this thread
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#2]
What is considered the "correct" issued light? I know it's a Scout but is there a specific model other than a civilian version?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNRunner99:
What is considered the "correct" issued light? I know it's a Scout but is there a specific model other than a civilian version?
View Quote
WMX200 rotational mount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
WMX200 rotational mount.
View Quote

Those are impossible to find now. So what else is being used?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TNRunner99:

Those are impossible to find now. So what else is being used?
View Quote
I mean that's the issued lights and you can still find them you just will be paying a pretty penny. Additionally, some have used the surefire x300v-b as those are also issued (for Glocks). Hand full of guys who are "Gun guys" bought surefires themselves. Vast majority don't do that though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
WMX200 rotational mount.
View Quote

Are fixed mounts correct too?

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#7]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

Are fixed mounts correct too?

https://i.postimg.cc/4NqhtkXM/5824-B76-F-F15-B-442-E-A401-AB3-F479-CF03-C.jpg
View Quote
No clearly a doctored photo

On a serious note, that is one of the few fixed mounts I've seen on a URGI. Reg gat?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
No clearly a doctored photo

On a serious note, that is one of the few fixed mounts I've seen on a URGI. Reg gat?
View Quote

Not sure where that photo came from, but yeah the vast majority of photos have rotational mounts.

Is Insight still making WMX200's for the military, and just discontinued commercial sales?  They seem to be on almost every NSW and USASOC rifle these days, I can't imagine they're all old stock?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Not sure where that photo came from, but yeah the vast majority of photos have rotational mounts.

Is Insight still making WMX200's for the military, and just discontinued commercial sales?  They seem to be on almost every NSW and USASOC rifle these days, I can't imagine they're all old stock?
View Quote
I've noticed SF uses the rotating mount and Reg and other socom units tend to use the fixed mounts.

I know they were discontinued for commercial sales and were still being made for the mil. However, I'm not 100% sure if that is still the case as of recent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I've noticed SF uses the rotating mount and Reg and other socom units tend to use the fixed mounts.

I know they were discontinued for commercial sales and were still being made for the mil. However, I'm not 100% sure if that is still the case as of recent.
View Quote

Maybe if we bug Insight as much as we bug Nightforce for ATACR's, they'll sell them commercially again.  The WMX200 was actually an upgrade from my shitty dual fuel!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Maybe if we bug Insight as much as we bug Nightforce for ATACR's, they'll sell them commercially again.  The WMX200 was actually an upgrade from my shitty dual fuel!
View Quote
It be cool if they did a small batch, but the average AR owner (not us autistic cloners) wants to have a photonic barrier battle with the Sun lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
It be cool if they did a small batch, but the average AR owner (not us autistic cloners) wants to have a photonic barrier battle with the Sun lol
View Quote

Have to honor that with an old-fashioned LMAO.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

No joke, guess what I’m about to be diagnosed with? I wouldn’t be surprised if half of you idiots are in there with me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got a used Leupold Mk8 and decided to throw it on the URGI upper, since I don't have a cool tanodized NightForce scope. Are these scopes being used on these uppers? There's way too much clone shit for me to remember, I feel like I'm just randomly putting stuff together, lol. Still haven't gotten a lower, need to work on that.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
Just got a used Leupold Mk8 and decided to throw it on the URGI upper, since I don't have a cool tanodized NightForce scope. Are these scopes being used on these uppers? There's way too much clone shit for me to remember, I feel like I'm just randomly putting stuff together, lol. Still haven't gotten a lower, need to work on that.

https://i.imgur.com/Y6di6fY.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/aNDAWPF.jpeg
View Quote

Looks like it has been two weeks since I last called Nightforce and requested they make both the mounts and scopes available to us civilians.

Time to bug them again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The Ultramounts are awesome, I really like the ones I have. Hopefully they'll release them at some point, our best bet is to keep bugging them and show that there's demand. Also, I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but I came across a site that thoroughly documents the development of the Ultramount. Really interesting stuff, take a look when you have time:

http://mindworks.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Optimized_Riflescope_Mount
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Looks like it has been two weeks since I last called Nightforce and requested they make both the mounts and scopes available to us civilians.

Time to bug them again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Time to bug them again.

I’ve been trying to gather the funds to pick up an ATACR 1-8.  So if you guys want the tanodized version it will be right after I drop funds on a black one.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

I've been trying to gather the funds to pick up an ATACR 1-8.  So if you guys want the tanodized version it will be right after I drop funds on a black one.  
View All Quotes

Time to bug them again.

I've been trying to gather the funds to pick up an ATACR 1-8.  So if you guys want the tanodized version it will be right after I drop funds on a black one.  

Haha.

The Nightforce CSR said there are no current plans, but that he'd pass my request along.

Also said it's a very popular request.

Keep at it fellas.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Haha.

The Nightforce CSR said there are no current plans, but that he'd pass my request along.

Keep at it fellas.
View Quote

do you have an email I can blast?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Omega9000:

Haha.

Keep at it fellas.

Negative.

Just call.

Option 1 is marketing - Option 3 is customer service.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Lots of URG-1 in first half.

U.S. Army Green Berets | U.S. Army Special Forces | 2021 (Part 3)
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: reswob] [#22]
Originally Posted By camarofrk:
Lots of URG-1 in first half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8jKrufA3fM
View Quote

Nice UBR stock.

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Haha.

Keep at it fellas.
View All Quotes

Time to bug them again.

Haha.

Keep at it fellas.

Well as quickly as I open my mouth, my plans change. Ended up finding what I felt was a good deal on a Gen III Razor 1-10 with tan 1.7 Badger C1 mount.  So it looks like I’m returning to the Razor 1-10.  That was the original optic I had on the URGI.  The only thing I’m unsure about is the mount.  I previously had the Geissele hyperextended mount which kicks the optic forward a bit more then the C1 does.  It worked well for me so I’m hoping I like the C1 mount.  If not I’ll sell it and try to track down a Geissele again.  I’m keeping the T2 that’s on the URGI now and I’m going to mount it offset.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Pew Pew!

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Well as quickly as I open my mouth, my plans change. Ended up finding what I felt was a good deal on a Gen III Razor 1-10 with tan 1.7 Badger C1 mount.  So it looks like I'm returning to the Razor 1-10.  That was the original optic I had on the URGI.  The only thing I'm unsure about is the mount.  I previously had the Geissele hyperextended mount which kicks the optic forward a bit more then the C1 does.  It worked well for me so I'm hoping I like the C1 mount.  If not I'll sell it and try to track down a Geissele again.  I'm keeping the T2 that's on the URGI now and I'm going to mount it offset.
View Quote

Honestly, I think the Razor 1-10 is a great fit for this platform.

Good choice.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Range day tomorrow 🤘🏻

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
Pew Pew!

https://i.imgur.com/1e3yZKCl.png
View Quote

That's freakin' awesome! Makes for a nice visual until we see them in the wild too
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Are FN Cage Code uppers and FN Lowers correct for an URGI? Just ordered a FN M4 marked lower from PA. Wondering if I should get a Matching FN upper.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I may have a Mk8 coming my way and was thinking about mounting it on my URG-I. Please let me know what you think of it and what you feel the best mounting option would be.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By beefboi99:
Are FN Cage Code uppers and FN Lowers correct for an URGI? Just ordered a FN M4 marked lower from PA. Wondering if I should get a Matching FN upper.
View Quote

On the upper, yes as new and old uppers were used to rebuild URGI from URGs.  Cage coded uppers are in the system for replacements. While, I've seen only one or two FN M4A1s in Groups as replacement guns.  Most 99.99% are Colts for some reason.  However, USASFC doesn't get issued M4s (burst), they get M4A1 (auto) guns.

CD

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like a Romeo 4 and a M68 in the mix.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Someone on Instagram was claiming those are 10.3’s

Do we have any confirmation on the 11.5?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: india13c] [#36]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Someone on Instagram was claiming those are 10.3’s

Do we have any confirmation on the 11.5?
View Quote

You can tell it’s the 10.5 rail by the rear 1:00 and 11:00 slots being full mlok and not the half slots of the 9.3.

Sure looks like 11.5s to me.

Edit:  You can also tell by looking at the QD slot.  It’s set back further from the rear mlok slot.  On the 9.3 it’s basically right on top of it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#37]
The 11.5s have 4 full length mlok slots at 3/9, and 4 full size at 1:30/10:30.

The 10.3s have a 4 full size slots at 6/9 and a 1/2 sized slot at 1:30/10:30.

Looks like 11.5s to me.

Eta: beat
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#38]
WIP, Form 1 can and 80% lower.  Needs a bunch of stuff to finish

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Any leads on the SF 4 prong flash hiders?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SOCOM76:
View Quote

I have one back-ordered with EuroOptic. Still nothing.

I think everyone is waiting on the next shipment from Surefire - I would think it'd be soon at this point, but no idea honestly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Watch the EE or post a WTB ad.  I posted a WTB ad and had an offer in a day.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#42]

I think everyone is waiting on the next shipment from Surefire - I would think it'd be soon at this point, but no idea honestly.
View All Quotes

I should back order one just to have an extra at a normal price.  I have one new in package that’s earmarked for an eventual 11.5” URGI build.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I purchased the URG-I over 3 years ago in July of 2018, and from then to now, was wondering if anything has changed in parts, assembly, markings, etc?

I ask because I noticed that the current URG-I offerings are marketed as “2021 production.”
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 6:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#44]
I purchased the URG-I over 3 years ago in July of 2018, and from then to now, was wondering if anything has changed in parts, assembly, markings, etc?

I ask because I noticed that the current URG-I offerings are marketed as “2021 production.”
View Quote

They put the NSN on the handguard and the ACH.

Also they no longer come with the DD barrel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I have one backorder from DSG since July.  Trying to be patient
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By imdBman:

Yup - the wait sucks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#47]

I should back order one just to have an extra at a normal price.  I have one new in package that's earmarked for an eventual 11.5" URGI build.
View All Quotes

I should back order one just to have an extra at a normal price.  I have one new in package that's earmarked for an eventual 11.5" URGI build.

Yeah - might as well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View Quote
Mine that just came in, the box said DD barrel...
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

What barrel are they assembled with now?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#50]

What barrel are they assembled with now?
View Quote

A Geissele barrel
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top