Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Maybe we'll see them in use in the future?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been super busy. I've had gun parts laying around for months that I haven't gotten around to installing.

Heads up, might not want to buy one of those new "URG-I"s.

This thread shows that new MK16 rails are coming with a new, not clone correct, QD sling mount as seen in the picture below.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138579/urgsh_png-2179592.JPG

Maybe we'll see them in use in the future?

Need a crystal ball for that. The original purchase was 5,000 with no replacements IIRC
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, decided to order a rail. So, if I was to venture off the clone trail, which is likely given the scarcity of DD barrels currently. What is the recommend gas block? I remember reading mk12's were an extremely tight fit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
Well, decided to order a rail. So, if I was to venture off the clone trail, which is likely given the scarcity of DD barrels currently. What is the recommend gas block? I remember reading mk12's were an extremely tight fit.
View Quote

The lowest profile you can find. Badger TDX, KAC...
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally got an optic

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up a Sig Tango MSR as a placeholder for my 11.5”.  Going to run it for a bit like this.  I’m thinking really hard about going with a Tango6T as the replacement down the road.  

Just waiting on a ModButton lite I ordered for the Surefire Scout I have.  I also have a set of irons inbound but will probably leave them off now, especially because a Matech won’t fit underneath the scope.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Davey_Sickboy] [#6]
I saw on the 1st page that 10.3” barreled uppers were not issued. I haven’t read through your thread, so I’m not sure if this was talked about but I swapped a bunch of PJ M4A1’s uppers to the URG-I 10.3 barreled uppers. They still keep their Block II 14.5 uppers, but this is what they’ve been running now for about a year. The braided springs and H3 buffers are fucking useless. Suppressed and not suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
I saw on the 1st page that 10.3” barreled uppers were not issued. I haven’t read through your thread, so I’m not sure if this was talked about but I swapped a bunch of PJ M4A1’s uppers to the URG-I 10.3 barreled uppers. They still keep their Block II 14.5 uppers, but this is what they’ve been running now for about a year. The braided springs and H3 buffers are fucking useless. Suppressed and not suppressed.
View Quote

Air Force COTS purchase from what I've seen, not part of the USASOC URG-I program. Might fit ibetter n the AFSOC or whatever thread but I'm not kicking 10.3" URGs out of here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Nice. What kind of optics were they running with them? There was a pic with an MRO, but wasn't sure if others were run too.

Also, what's wrong with the braided springs and H3 buffers? Are they causing issues?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By henryfrank:

Nice. What kind of optics were they running with them? There was a pic with an MRO, but wasn't sure if others were run too.
View Quote

Off topic, but the dude on the Onewheel had a Sig Romeo8T.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 12:38:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#10]

Also, what's wrong with the braided springs and H3 buffers? Are they causing issues?
View All Quotes

@Davey_Sickboy
This
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
So with the current DD barrel drought, anyone breakdown and put a stand in barrel in their URGI?  Thinking about just grabbing a surplus/cheap 14.5" for the time being, this wait is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
What’s the consensus on sling attachments?  I see on the first page, it lists the magpul qd mount.  But what about for the rear?  I’m using a gen 1 sopmod, and would like to have qd in the rear as well.  Any qd endplate?  Are cqd front and rears correct?  Or is this all user preference?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:
So with the current DD barrel drought, anyone breakdown and put a stand in barrel in their URGI?  Thinking about just grabbing a surplus/cheap 14.5" for the time being, this wait is getting ridiculous.
View Quote

I snagged a Ballistic Advantage for like $85 for my 11.5. If you can find a deal like that, it's hard to beat it as a stand in.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I did the same hard to beat a BA barrel, I finally came across a DD barrel at a local gun shop and bought it but it doesnt have the LP pinned gas block.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:31:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#15]
Originally Posted By RichieRich562:
What’s the consensus on sling attachments?  I see on the first page, it lists the magpul qd mount.  But what about for the rear?  I’m using a gen 1 sopmod, and would like to have qd in the rear as well.  Any qd endplate?  Are cqd front and rears correct?  Or is this all user preference?
View Quote
too bad they don't make a sopmod with the QD swivel built-in.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Brownells has OD federal rails in stock right now
Code RTC for an extra $30 off for a short time
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be taking a Green Ops LPVO class Dec 18th and decided to take the urgi for primary
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:
View Quote

I managed to grab a criterion core 14.5, initially as a stand in.  But as the wait for a DD barrel drags on, there's a good chance it may stay in the URGI as it is a damn good barrel, despite not being kosher.  It would have the correct DD low profile gb as well, taken off a 10.3 dd barrel I used for my mk18.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I'm also very curious about if there were issues with the braided springs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, still waiting to hear about issues with the springs. Maybe he just wanted to say that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:43:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#21]
https://www.primaryarms.com/daniel-defense-145-556nato-govt-barrel-asmy-07-077-07308

Speaking of barrels, PA says they have the correct barrels in stock.  Hopefully they dont pull a DD on their own website.  Price bumped up by almost $20 since last in stock back in March.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Just paid the RC2 a visit. Such a sweeeeet suppressor. Also becoming more and more a fan of the Swampfox 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you guys ever had the locking collar get stuck on a SF can? The can itself wasn't carbon locked but it was a bitch and a half to get the collar to rotate and unlock. Had to take off my flashlight to get a good enough grip. Only fired maybe 100-120 rounds through it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]
@blanco_diablo that urgi is so f”ing based love it
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Will816:
4 prongs at Proven

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/socom-4-prong-flash-hider
View Quote

$275
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Just paid the RC2 a visit. Such a sweeeeet suppressor. Also becoming more and more a fan of the Swampfox 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you guys ever had the locking collar get stuck on a SF can? The can itself wasn't carbon locked but it was a bitch and a half to get the collar to rotate and unlock. Had to take off my flashlight to get a good enough grip. Only fired maybe 100-120 rounds through it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/20211203_155315_jpg-2190808.JPG
View Quote

Yep, I’ve found using a strap wrench can help get it off. It keeps the button depressed and will aid in turning the collar.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

$275
View Quote

Yeah, I thought they'd come down a bit. I've got a couple of them but figured some people here might be hurting for one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, I thought they'd come down a bit. I've got a couple of them but figured some people here might be hurting for one.
View Quote
That's not even close to msrp
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Sucks.  I only have one, I am such a loser.  I am putting it on my MK18, have a lowly 3 prong on my CQBR
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#30]

View Quote

I’m sure guys that really need one appreciate it, it’s just a shame places are still charging that amount.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd keep an eye on other retailers. If they just got some then I'd think others should be getting them as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I’ve finally settled on a set-up for my 11.5” build.  

Specs are:
- Demco Dog Bone M4 marked upper receiver
- Daniel Defense 11.5” barrel with factory pinned gas block
- SF4P
- 10.5” MK16
- URGI ACH
- Taupe anodized 99051 front sight / Matech rear
- Aimpoint T2 / LT660 mount
- Surefire M300C / Arisaka mount / ModButton Lite switch

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

Specs are:
- SF4P
- 10.5” MK16
- URGI ACH

https://i.imgur.com/TuzFGAO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oXnzya3.jpg
View Quote

Man that is nice, I really like that. It's just clean and straight forward.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Specs are:
- SF4P
- 10.5” MK16
- URGI ACH

https://i.imgur.com/TuzFGAO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oXnzya3.jpg
View Quote

Nice. I’ve been thinking about switching my EXPS for a T2 on my 11.5”
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Had both out for some shooting today.  Took advantage of the nice backdrop for a few pics.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Had both out for some shooting today.  Took advantage of the nice backdrop for a few pics.

https://i.imgur.com/TgQDqgA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FYyrfss.jpg
View Quote
Nice

How do you like the SIG scope?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Nice

View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/TgQDqgA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FYyrfss.jpg
Nice

I like it a lot for the $220 I paid for it.  Enough so that I’ve got a Badger C1 1.7 mount on the way for it that cost more then the actual scope.   It’s going to be a place holder for a while.  Eventually I’d like to pick up the SOCOM SFP version of the Tango6T.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#38]

I like it a lot for the $220 I paid for it.  Enough so that I've got a Badger C1 1.7 mount on the way for it that cost more then the actual scope.   It's going to be a place holder for a while.  Eventually I'd like to pick up the SOCOM SFP version of the Tango6T.
View Quote
Sweet
I got a few ARs that need optics on them and this looked like a good option for now.

Price is crazy cheap.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Sweet
I got a few ARs that need optics on them and this looked like a good option for now.

Price is crazy cheap.
View All Quotes

I like it a lot for the $220 I paid for it.  Enough so that I've got a Badger C1 1.7 mount on the way for it that cost more then the actual scope.   It's going to be a place holder for a while.  Eventually I'd like to pick up the SOCOM SFP version of the Tango6T.
Sweet

Price is crazy cheap.

I’d say it’s definitely a good option for a budget scope.  I figure I’ll run it in the Badger mount and when I pick up the Tango6T I’ll just put this back in the factory mount and keep it around as a spare.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Here we go, most of the parts finally are here
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:57:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billytehbob] [#41]

View Quote

Do it. I love eotechs, but I just can’t trust them, so I made the switch to a T2 on a unity mount. The weight savings is also cool.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By billytehbob:

Do it. I love eotechs, but I just can’t trust them, so I made the switch to a T2 on a unity mount. The weight savings is also cool.
View All Quotes

Agree, I’ve still got an EXPS3 on my CQBR but I’m sticking with Aimpoint T2’s for any future red dot needs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I had 2 aimpoint t2 got warranty replacements in 2021
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:
I had 2 aimpoint t2 got warranty replacements in 2021
View Quote

What was wrong with them? I have a few T2’s and the newest one I purchased is dimmer than the older ones I have.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

What was wrong with them? I have a few T2’s and the newest one I purchased is dimmer than the older ones I have.
View Quote

Both went dead not related to battery. They were quick to replace them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Agree, I’ve still got an EXPS3 on my CQBR but I’m sticking with Aimpoint T2’s for any future red dot needs.
View All Quotes

Man, I am torn.  I still have my EXPS3 on mine, as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#47]
A couple interesting things in these photos I think.  Looks like a couple 11.5's and a possible unit purchase of the surefire lights?  

You guys know better than I do.  Sadly I don't have access to better quality photos from the set, maybe someone else does.  The suppressor covers are cool.  Looks like they're from MODTAC.

Can anyone ID the scope on the set up all the way to the right on the last photo?

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Davey_Sickboy] [#48]
New Uppers

Note the shape on top of the carrier front of the cam pin…
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#49]
New Uppers
https://i.imgur.com/ohq5f43.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/i5WnihD.jpg
Note the shape on top of the carrier front of the cam pin…
https://i.imgur.com/TVzdTUJ.jpg
View Quote

Wow are these issued uppers? Are they using the tan uppers and enhanced bolt carriers now?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

Wow are these issued uppers? Are they using the tan uppers and enhanced bolt carriers now?
View Quote

I dont know about tan uppers, but the G urg-i now states they ship with a rebcg.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top