Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By officerX:

I’m sure it’s great quality!  But for clone purposes, I needed/wanted the correct DD barrel and gas block and Colt upper.
View Quote

Gotcha. I knew the barrel was different, didn’t realize the upper was Colt for clones. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Whats up with that fire pie in the back?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CSGroup:

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#5]
Are the RC suppressors (not RC2) still available for purchase anywhere?  Are they still in use in the mil or have they switched over to the RC2, or something else?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I borrowed the lower and EXPS3 from my MK18 build.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Are the RC suppressors (not RC2) still available for purchase anywhere?  Are they still in use in the mil or have they switched over to the RC2, or something else?
View Quote

No I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued and aren't available anywhere. Some people who have had theirs rebuilt recently said they came back with rc2 internals.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

No I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued and aren't available anywhere. Some people who have had theirs rebuilt recently said they came back with rc2 internals.
View Quote

That’s good to know. I was planning on sending my police trade-in RC to Surefire for a rebuild but i might just have it recoated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JTM20:

That’s good to know. I was planning on sending my police trade-in RC to Surefire for a rebuild but i might just have it recoated.
View All Quotes

Well technically it performs better and you can't tell from the outside . If it has tens of thousands of rounds and lots of carbon/decreased volume and performance, I'd still go for it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Well technically it performs better and you can't tell from the outside . If it has tens of thousands of rounds and lots of carbon/decreased volume and performance, I'd still go for it.
View Quote

True, but my worry is that they’ll replace the endcap with an RC2 end cap. At that point it might as well just be an RC2.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]

True, but my worry is that they’ll replace the endcap with an RC2 end cap. At that point it might as well just be an RC2.
View All Quotes

There is no end cap, its all one solid piece. They don't change that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]

There is no end cap, its all one solid piece. They don't change that.
View Quote

Thanks i wasnt sure. I’m still waiting on the stamp to clear so i don't have it in hand yet.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Range trip with the 11.5 and 14.5. Just confirming zero at 100 in the shade today…..heat index was 105.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Brinclhof:
These are all of the photos I've collected of the guy with the mk14 rail. Not 100% sure it's the guy you're thinking about.

Crap I meant to quote not reply.

https://i.imgur.com/M7fH4c7.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/CpXw6w8.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/UlkCoYQ.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/0QOvgwC.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/UynU3c5.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/jYNgWF0.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/VIh72mL.jpeg
View Quote

sorry if im a bit late here but im curious to know what happened here with the mk14 rails vs. mk16. were the mk14s for T&E only or are there some units out there currently using it long term?
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 2:33:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RecceMiguelGabriel:

sorry if im a bit late here but im curious to know what happened here with the mk14 rails vs. mk16. were the mk14s for T&E only or are there some units out there currently using it long term?
View Quote

The MK14 rail was one one guy's personal setup. I think the MK16 was made because of certain requirements for the URG-I program.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#16]
11.5” URGI
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Another Inforce enjoyer I see. I guess he was taking a page from the DEVGRU guys and their love for them on the Noveske rifles.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
FYI-Big Army finally approved for general issue last month black/tan CTR stocks, B5 black/tan stocks and Hogue black stocks all with QD mounts on them.  They will trickle down onto remaining guns.

QUICK RELEASE SLING SWIVEL ATTACHEMENT, RAIL
MOUNTED
PART NUMBER 13110153
NSN 1005-01-706-2552

QUICK RELEASE SLING SWIVEL ATTACHEMENT, RAIL
MOUNTED
PART NUMBER 13110154
NSN 1005-01-706-2366

TACTICAL SLING (BLACK) w/ QD rings
PART NUMBER 13110155
NSN 1005-01-706-2558

PART NUMBER 13110156-1
NSN 1005-01-693-8723

TACTICAL SLING (TAN) w/ QD rings
PART NUMBER 13110156-2
NSN 1005-01-692-2559

PART NUMBER 13110157-1
NSN 1005-01-625-4470

TACTICAL SLING (TAN) w/ QD rings
PART NUMBER 13110157-2
NSN 1005-01-707-1744

VERTICAL PISTOL GRIP ASSEMBLY (TAN) (KAC style)
PART NUMBER 13110158
NSN 1005-01-707-1842

BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (BLACK) (Hogue)
PART NUMBER 13110159
NSN 1005-01-706-2547

BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (BLACK) (B5 stlye, no battery compartments)
PART NUMBER 13110161-1
NSN 1005-01-706-2373

BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (TAN) (B5 stlye, no battery compartments)
PART NUMBER 13110161-2
NSN 1005-01-706-2510

BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (BLACK) (CTR)
PART NUMBER 13110162-1
NSN 1005-01-614-7778

BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (TAN) (CTR)
PART NUMBER 13110162-2
NSN 1005-01-616-4923

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/2FDE57F0-1264-4F4C-883C-452FB966685E_jpe-2842849.JPG
View Quote

Very interesting they allow qd swivel “officially.” Do you know if they done any testing on the strength of the qd swivel?
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dalle0001:

Very interesting they allow qd swivel “officially.” Do you know if they done any testing on the strength of the qd swivel?
View Quote

Don't know if they did.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

drip
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#22]
This one’s done for now.

Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By A01R_D31R_R07R:

View Quote

Mk14 was just geisseles entry into the "slim rail" market Vs their bigger mk1,2,3,4,5,7,8 sized rails. Then they beefed it up a little and made it 7 sided mlok for the mk16/urgi trials.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Replacement
Attachment Attached File

14.5” DD bbl w/ pinned gas block, mid length gas tube and pin
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Long time lurker, first time poster - I really want to share mine, but it's only a near clone (G block and contracted square marked upper), and my lower is Aero-clone that has some bubba-ing, so I guess I can only admire from afar. I love my URG-I, though, but until we win again where I'm at, can't get or build a true clone like you guys at the moment.

And, is it just me with the whole aEstHeTiC thing (kind of my thing), or does the URG-I just look so much sleeker with LPVO and CAR stock? I put the aluminum stock on my near clone, just to stroke my ego.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By suitnboots:
Long time lurker, first time poster - I really want to share mine, but it's only a near clone (G block and contracted square marked upper), and my lower is Aero-clone that has some bubba-ing, so I guess I can only admire from afar. I love my URG-I, though, but until we win again where I'm at, can't get or build a true clone like you guys at the moment.

And, is it just me with the whole aEstHeTiC thing (kind of my thing), or does the URG-I just look so much sleeker with LPVO and CAR stock? I put the aluminum stock on my near clone, just to stroke my ego.
View Quote

Welcome and its your rifle, enjoy it as you wish.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Welcome and its your rifle, enjoy it as you wish.
View Quote

Thanks, CD. Still have tomorrow off, so maybe I'll do some photography in the morning. Hopefully admins won't move my post elsewhere, though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#28]

View Quote

I’ll have to look, but i thought i saw a picture of new URGI uppers and some had square forge only on the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:52:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#29]

View Quote

I’ll have to look, but i thought i saw a picture of new URGI uppers and some had square forge only on the receiver.
View Quote

My Colt upper just has a keyhole forge mark on it.  I'm sure @Combat_Diver can attest to the fact that there are differently marked uppers in service.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Haven't some Colts come off the line recently without the additional "C" marking by the forge code? Could still technically be a Colt upper from an inventory/acquisitions standpoint.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sevatar:
Haven't some Colts come off the line recently without the additional "C" marking by the forge code? Could still technically be a Colt upper from an inventory/acquisitions standpoint.
View Quote

Yes, most new Colts only have the keyhole - no C or cage code
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I have a URG-I on a Super Duty lower. It's not clone correct either but I put it together the way I would want it if it was issued to me. That combo is one of my favorites out of all of my rifles. Enjoy it for what it is, a great rifle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#33]
With the encouragement from all of you - which, BTW, makes this thread one of the most wholesome I had ever come across and participate - I present to you, my URG-I M4 carbine.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
With the encouragement from all of you - which, BTW, makes this thread one of the most wholesome I had ever come across and participate - I present to you, my URG-I M4 carbine.

https://imageshack.com/i/poI76e0Hj
https://imageshack.com/i/poqyoC5Yj
https://imageshack.com/i/popkl8Kxj
https://imageshack.com/i/poqpcDbWj
https://imageshack.com/i/pow3itxCj
View Quote

Sorry, still figuring out how to post pictures properly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: suitnboots] [#35]
I'm not gonna lie - the URG-I is especially meaningful to me, even as an incorrect, near clone.

I used to be this "rifle or rekt" kind of BlAkEeE, with my FN M16A4. I still love my old musket, don't get me wrong. My very first rifle, and my very first firearm. She's configured as Heavenly Father intended her to be (and it was a long and hard - heheh - journey to get her there) and for a very long time, I shy away from the thought of a carbine, especially because how harsh the gas system can be on parts. I don't have government money, and I don't intend to spend as much, either. But the moment I knew of Geissele and the URG-I, it was eye-opening. The midlength gas system was also a game changer. I thought I'd go with BCM, but the hassle with my credit card meant I didn't have it with them. I went with G and never regret one bit.

It was also when I got my URG-I that I met my girlfriend.

I've put north of 1500 rounds through mine. I love it. If there's a war happening tomorrow, I'd take my URG-I in a heartbeat. It was nothing short of reliable and dependable. It did take a lot of fine tuning, but those were just to adapt to the nature of the rifle and my combat philosophy. Nothing is perfect, of course, but striving for perfection is exactly what one should do.

Sorry for the word vomit, but after four years of just lurking around, I feel like it needs to be released.

For now, bring forth thy judgment on my karabineer musket!

Edit: grammar mistake.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not gonna lie - the URG-I is especially meaningful to me, even as an incorrect, near clone.

I used to be this "rifle or rekt" kind of BlAkEeE, with my FN M16A4. I still love my old musket, don't get me wrong. My very first rifle, and my very first firearm. She's configured as Heavenly Father intended her to be (and it was a long and hard - heheh - journey to get her there) and for a very long time, I shy away from the thought of a carbine, especially because how harsh the gas system can be on parts. I don't have government money, and I don't intend to spend as much, either. But the moment I knew of Geissele and the URG-I, it was eye-opening. The midlength gas system was also a game changer. I thought I'd go with BCM, but the hassle with my credit card meant I didn't have it with them. I went with G and never regret one bit.

I've put north of 1500 rounds through mine. I love it. If there's a war happening tomorrow, I'd take my URG-I in a heartbeat. It was nothing short of reliable and dependable. It did take a lot of fine tuning, but those were just to adapt to the nature of the rifle and my combat philosophy. Nothing is perfect, of course, but striving for perfection is exactly what one should do.

Sorry for the word vomit, but after four years of just lurking around, I feel like it needs to be released.

View Quote

Don't start me on muskets
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#37]

I saw one just like that far left one in Afghanistan. That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Hey now, CD, I might even get you triggered on arquebusses if you found any! I'm a historical nerd!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Don't start me on muskets
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5841_JPG-2923559.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5902_JPG-2923561.JPG

At least you can bring those back. I brought a Snider "Cavalry Carbine" and a Martini-Henry back with me. The Snider has an almost correct barrel length so whoever did the cut down got it close. It also has the cavalry ring. The Marini-Henry is a fake IC1 but also looks pretty good. People look at you crazy when you walk around Bagram with an old rifle as you walk back to your room to get it ready to ship home.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:

At least you can bring those back. I brought a Snider "Cavalry Carbine" and a Martini-Henry back with me. The Snider has an almost correct barrel length so whoever did the cut down got it close. It also has the cavalry ring. The Marini-Henry is a fake IC1 but also looks pretty good. People look at you crazy when you walk around Bagram with an old rifle as you walk back to your room to get it ready to ship home.
View Quote

Brought back a MkII and MkIV MH and a MLE.  Would loved to have brought back one of those Sniders but another SF was buying them and wanted my opinion.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Hey now, CD, I might even get you triggered on arquebusses if you found any! I'm a historical nerd!
View Quote

Seen them in German castles over the years.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Back to URGIs
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Back to URGIs
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_1166_JPG-2923925.JPG
View Quote

Question, CD - does the separately attached pic sections hold zero good for lasers? Whenever I see setups like that, I often wonder if they do hold zero.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

What’s up with this lower?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Looks like a Rainier Arms logo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#46]

That can't be an issued gun. Rainier Arms lower, mag release extender, rear takedown pin, KNS pins...

Industry photo shoot?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Looks like a Rainier Arms logo.
View Quote

Definitely is.  I have that same lower.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Advance:

That can't be an issued gun. Rainier Arms lower, mag release extender, rear takedown pin, KNS pins...
View Quote

What about the rear takedown pin?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]

What about the rear takedown pin?
View Quote

One of those dimpled, lightweight ones, perhaps? In any case, the lore would so deepens if personal lowers are allowed these days. Makes my bubba'd lower looks normal. LOL.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Seen them in German castles over the years.

View Quote

I'm not gonna lie to you. For three years straight, I have been wondering if there was a possibility of Ming Empire arquebuss in circulation in the Middle East. Weird sh!at had shown up time to time, so I'm just eyeing.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top