Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By loudxpack:

That's a possibility, I have 2 6920s, ones my m4 the other is my wife's. Really wish I could just find some stripped ones, though.
View Quote
Charlie's custom clones has them, but it's cheaper to buy a complete rifle and sell off the parts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Nice

Yea one day I might swap it out, however the stock goes with the ladder panels and will good for now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
Very nice! Only thing I would change is the stock to a coyote Gen 1. Or a Gen 2 if that's your preference.

Here's mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20181201_140253_jpg-757391.JPG
Nice

Yea one day I might swap it out, however the stock goes with the ladder panels and will good for now.
It does match the panels. Looks great, either way.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#3]
Charlie's custom clones has them, but it's cheaper to buy a complete rifle and sell off the parts.
View Quote
Charlie's isn't the place to go if you're looking for deals, but it's nice to see another company with interest in specializing in clone parts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Charlie's isn't the place to go if you're looking for deals, but it's nice to see another company with interest in specializing in clone parts.
View Quote
True, but he has stuff in stock.

Expensive stuff that is
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Expensive stuff that is
View All Quotes

Expensive stuff that is
That's why it's in stock. Lol
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:

did you use a vise grip pliers to install the 4-prong?  while holding it in a towel between your knees?

sorry, couldn't resist.

seriously, they look good, regardless of installation method.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:26:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#7]
Originally Posted By splbass17:

lol
View Quote
I posted in your EE ad with some info that that might help. Not sure if you saw it or not.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

Expensive stuff that is

Guess that's one way to keep inventory in stock.

I'm tellin ya man, once Chris at Shark Arms (I so badly hope) gets his website to where we can order off his website, Specialized Armament Warehouse is dead. And you know what. I'm ok with that. Dude has everything but has been raping us for years. (SAW not Chris)
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]

I posted in your EE ad with some info that that might help. Not sure if you saw it or not.
View Quote
Thanks dude, havent been on here yet today. Just saw
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I'm tellin ya man, once Chris at Shark Arms (I so badly hope) gets his website to where we can order off his website, Specialized Armament Warehouse is dead. And you know what. I'm ok with that. Dude has everything but has been raping us for years. (SAW not Chris)
View All Quotes

Expensive stuff that is

Yeah, Charlie's is high, but SAW prices are fuckin' insane. Chris @ Shark Arms is the exact opposite. His prices are so cheap I'm not sure how he keeps his doors open. Lol
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, Charlie's is high, but SAW prices are fuckin' insane. Chris @ Shark Arms is the exact opposite. His prices are so cheap I'm not sure how he keeps his doors open. Lol
View All Quotes

Expensive stuff that is

Exactly. I'm assuming he uses the PSA business model. Make 100 dollars off 10 items, as opposed to make 100 dollars off 1 item. That's def how you keep your customers coming back that's for sure. And just move bulk heavily discounted
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Exactly. I'm assuming he uses the PSA business model. Make 100 dollars off 10 items, as opposed to make 100 dollars off 1 item. That's def how you keep your customers coming back that's for sure. And just move bulk heavily discounted
View Quote
This stuff is fascinating, we covered economics extensively in our MBA class. From what I recall, determining whether to sell more for less or less for more greatly depends on your target consumer, as well as the economy at the time (no one was buying shit in 2010 after the housing bubble crash). Targeting your consumers is huge, there are many categories. If you bought the URG-I you are early adopters (lighthouse customers), you got special pricing (black Friday) but this often comes with problems or risk with said product. We all got deals but the mfg benefits from us endorsing their product (driving up early sales) and being their guinea pig for potential upgrades/fixes.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#13]

Thanks dude, havent been on here yet today. Just saw
View Quote
No problem, man.

View Quote
That's it. I'd rather use that technique than the high priced one. That's why half the guys have never even heard of SAW. Nobody ever really mentions them because their prices are astronomically high. Shark Arms on the other hand is awesome, they must be hoppin' all the time, and it allows us cloners to get a lot more for our money.

Just as an example, I just checked some stuff out over at SAW's site. You can get a nice stripped Colt "M4 Carbine" marked lower for the everyday low price of only $495. If that's too cheap for you, maybe check out their A1 pistol grips to go along with that new lower. They're only $150. Maybe I'll grab two for that price!
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]
SAW is just stuck in another time and they have just refused to adapt. I remember his booth at gun shows years ago - when they were pretty much the only game in town when it came to Colt parts and could more or less charge whatever they wanted. Those days are over... apparently someone forgot to inform them, lol.

Really not even sure how they stay in business.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#15]
Originally Posted By krdt:
SAW is just stuck in another time and they have just refused to adapt. I remember his booth at gun shows years ago - when they were pretty much the only game in town when it came to Colt parts and could more or less charge whatever they wanted. Those days are over... apparently someone forgot to inform them, lol.

View Quote
This. I have no idea how they do it. Is or was Ken Elmore the owner? I remember from back in the day that he was their armorer or at least somehow associated with them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#16]

No problem, man.

That's it. I'd rather use that technique than the high priced one. That's why half the guys have never even heard of SAW. Nobody ever really mentions them because their prices are astronomically high. Shark Arms on the other hand is awesome, they must be hoppin' all the time, and it allows us cloners to get a lot more for our money.
View Quote
What's interesting is when two companies sell the same product, but use different strategies. SAW uses Value-based pricing, "Basing a product or service's price on how much the target consumers believe it its worth. That kind of paints the picture of a cloner.

But then you have guys comparing firearms/uppers/ parts as a whole, across the industry. They use competitor pricing, which will drive down the price. I think if enough guys do this, it would easily take SAW out of the market.

The part I struggle with, I personally look at how much I paid for something and that tells me how good it is. I know this isn't always the case, but if you wouldn't touch an Aero lower for free and would buy a $300 stripper lower, you're like me haha. Sometimes price tricks us into thinking quality. I have a hard-on for roll marks, even if that same blank lower was stamped some non-militray brand Id think its crap but put Colt on it and its gold lol. Funny how this all works.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
This. I have no idea how they do it. Is or was Ken Elmore the owner? I remember from back in the day that he was their armorer or at least somehow associated with them.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I think Ken is still the owner. I haven't really kept up with them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not going for a strict clone but I'm really pleased with the results.

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#19]
What's interesting is when two companies sell the same product, but use different strategies. SAW uses Value-based pricing, "Basing a product or service's price on how much the target consumers believe it its worth. That kind of paints the picture of a cloner.

But then you have guys comparing firearms/uppers/ parts as a whole, across the industry. They use competitor pricing, which will drive down the price. I think if enough guys do this, it would easily take SAW out of the market.

The part I struggle with, I personally look at how much I paid for something and that tells me how good it is. I know this isn't always the case, but if you wouldn't touch an Aero lower for free and would buy a $300 stripper lower, you're like me haha. Sometimes price tricks us into thinking quality. I have a hard-on for roll marks, even if that same blank lower was stamped some non-militray brand Id think its crap but put Colt on it and its gold lol. Funny how this all works.
View All Quotes

No problem, man.

In this case, that's a gentle euphemism for "stop just short of hitting your customers over the head and robbing them." heh
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

He is. Just found my answer here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/12-169140/?page=1
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Expensive stuff that is

And he needs to get more stock in. Popular stuff doesn't stay around long. He's very close to me, so shipping is quick.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Geissele starting to offer complete rifles.  I expect they will eventually offer the URG-I as well.  The article mentions the coated-BCG they've been developing.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/firepower/20190101/281522227093528
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Haha... that was pretty good. What a complete fucking buffoon. I never particularly liked SAW - mostly due to their highway robbery pricing and some of the nonsense services they perform (enlarging a perfectly good .070" gas port is a "reliability upgrade") - but I hadn't realized what a complete assclown Elmore is on top of it. Talked to him once or twice at shows, but that's about it; he didn't really make an impression one way or the other. Well, as if anyone needed it, there is one more reason not to give that ripoff artist any business.

Also kinda funny reading the "computer nerd" comments. It wasn't that long ago that just being on the internet was seen as a sign of being some sort of nerd - hard to imagine today. Clearly, ol' Ken thought - like many others - it would be some sort of passing fad, heh. Little did they know...
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Black Phase Tactical is another clone worthy shop. contact him on IG or facebook. Hes a geissele dealer and knights, among other things.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Haha... that was pretty good. What a complete fucking buffoon. I never particularly liked SAW - mostly due to their highway robbery pricing and some of the nonsense services they perform (enlarging a perfectly good .070" gas port is a "reliability upgrade") - but I hadn't realized what a complete assclown Elmore is on top of it. Talked to him once or twice at shows, but that's about it; he didn't really make an impression one way or the other. Well, as if anyone needed it, there is one more reason not to give that ripoff artist any business.

Also kinda funny reading the "computer nerd" comments. It wasn't that long ago that just being on the internet was seen as a sign of being some sort of nerd - hard to imagine today. Clearly, ol' Ken thought - like many others - it would be some sort of passing fad, heh. Little did they know...
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BPT1775:
Black Phase Tactical is another clone worthy shop. contact him on IG or facebook. Hes a geissele dealer and knights, among other things.
View Quote
Any affiliation?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
True. I totally forgot about them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#28]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Any affiliation?
View All Quotes
Any affiliation?
Lol. Now what would make you think that?

Didn't even notice that at first. Could be a seriously unlikely coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Lol. What would make you think that? Could be a seriously unlikely coincidence. Didn't even notice that at first.
View Quote
Besides the name, I checked their FB page. They're also in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#30]
Weapon Outfitters has 15% off (TURKEY18).

Hint: KAC sights for your URG-I.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Lol. What would make you think that? Could be a seriously unlikely coincidence. Didn't even notice that at first.
Even more unlikely...
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#32]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:

Hint: KAC sights for you URG-I.  
View Quote
I got that email earlier, too. I want to grab another taupe 99051, but I don't wanna end up with one of the slate grey ones. My luck, that's what I'd get.

ETA: Just ordered one. Hopefully it ends up being the right color. Their price of $179 plus the 15% off code brought the price down to $152 + $5 shipping Great price for a new taupe 99051.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Any affiliation?
View All Quotes
Any affiliation?
Same person.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
taupe are OOS

this thing is cool though. i never knew KAC had an offset m-lok scout mount. might have to pick one up.

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#35]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Same person.
View Quote
That's nice.

Originally Posted By JLAudio:

taupe are OOS

this thing is cool though. i never knew KAC had an offset m-lok scout mount. might have to pick one up.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/900x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/l/mlok_scout_mount_1.jpg
View Quote
Worked for me. I must have gotten the last one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]

I got that email earlier, too. I want to grab another taupe 99051, but I don't wanna end up with one of the slate grey ones. My luck, that's what I'd get.

ETA: Just ordered one. Hopefully it ends up being the right color. Their price of $179 plus the 15% off code brought the price down to $152 + $5 shipping Great price for a new taupe 99051.
View Quote
Where did you see the price of $179 on their site? I need a black 99051 for a different build. $152 is a sweeeet price.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#37]

Where did you see the price of $179 on their site? I need a black 99051 for a different build. $152 is a sweeeet price.
View Quote
@JLAudio

Look at my last post just above yours. It shows the price I paid. And if you click on the color you want it changes the price from $191.65 to 179. Problem is that both black and taupe are now showing out of stock when they weren't five minutes ago.

I blame it on @IceAuger for posting the code. At least I got my taupe one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#38]

taupe are OOS

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/900x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/l/mlok_scout_mount_1.jpg
View Quote
Picked up one of those too.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#39]

View Quote
Geno as new take-offs in black for $155 shipped. That's a couple dollars less than I paid after shipping from WO.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/KAC-Knights-Armament-MK12-Mod-1-M4A1-SOPMOD-Block-II-CQBR-M4-99051-Black-Front-Sight-New-take-offs/22-1818136/
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#40]
taupe are OOS

View All Quotes

taupe are OOS

I have my m600df mounted on my urg-i with one. Works well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Same. KAC all the things.

@JLAudio

Look at my last post just above yours. It shows the price I paid. And if you click on the color you want it changes the price from $191.65 to 179. Problem is that both black and taupe are now showing out of stock when they weren't five minutes ago.

View Quote
Figured out you have to login to see the lower price. I ended up getting the black for the same price, for $2 difference versus EE i'll take the NIB and with a tracking number for delivery.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#42]

Figured out you have to login to see the lower price. I ended up getting the black for the same price, for $2 difference versus EE i'll take the NIB and with a tracking number for delivery.
View All Quotes

@JLAudio

Glad you got one. Both colors were showing out of stock for me just minutes after I ordered, so I figured you were going to miss out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]

I blame it on @IceAuger for posting the code.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MP15T:
Sale on suppressors if anyone needs one.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFire-Fast-Attach-SBR-Rifle-Sound-Suppressor-p/socom556-sb.htm
View Quote
It’s been going on since the spring. I bought a SOCOM RC (FDE) for that price from them in March.

Kinda want an SB also since it’s such a good price.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

It’s been going on since the spring. I bought a SOCOM RC (FDE) for that price from them in March.

Kinda want an SB also since it’s such a good price.
View Quote
What’s the difference between the SB, and the regular RC2?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ivan1] [#47]
Why am I getting a price of 191 on weapon outfitters?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote
create an account or login

taupe are sold out, only black are in stock
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

That’s because the black ones are doo doo.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:

What’s the difference between the SB, and the regular RC2?
View Quote
SB has a larger diameter bore, for use on SBRs where the bullet may not stabilize.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top