https://i.imgur.com/yhTZ0H3.jpg

(Holy crap not mine)
View Quote
Should read 'neckbeard'
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
After a couple forays with PA optics, I'm getting a Strike Eagle 1-6 for my mini.  Under $250, and *WAY* better glass.  Like...exponentially better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

I shoulda just went with the 1-6 KISS PA and been done with it. I forgot about them and that would have fit the bill for less money. Now I gotta sell off fresh optics (never-ending story)
After a couple forays with PA optics, I'm getting a Strike Eagle 1-6 for my mini.  Under $250, and *WAY* better glass.  Like...exponentially better.
Probably so, have not played with  strike eagle.

Have had  a few PA optics and thier store is local. That just means I get to play with them before buying. Really want thier 1-8 and 3-18 for my 16” ar and remmy 700
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
I like the cut of your jib...all the jib in that photo. I have a couple ALG rails and I have to admit that they make it difficult to justify anymore KAC or SMR rails. The value is just SO high.
View All Quotes
I like the cut of your jib...all the jib in that photo. I have a couple ALG rails and I have to admit that they make it difficult to justify anymore KAC or SMR rails. The value is just SO high.
That’s a Sunday at work
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tinythief:

Probably so, have not played with  strike eagle.

Have had  a few PA optics and thier store is local. That just means I get to play with them before buying. Really want thier 1-8 and 3-18 for my 16” ar and remmy 700
View Quote
Hey if you can go in and hand-select more power to ya.  I wouldn't begrudge a man for taking advantage of that.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Shot the mini yesterday.

Screen grab so quality sucks.

Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Gettin there, still needs more geissele 1.93 and more Vortex Razor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:
Gettin there, still needs more geissele 1.93 and more Vortex Razor

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472230/68A716E2-86D3-4BF7-8C68-002DD6478495_jpeg-726633.JPG
View Quote
No flies on the aero mount you're running, though.  I have a couple and will probably grab several more.  Light, lock up great, and the rigs I'll be putting them on don't need QD functionality.

Is that a strike eagle?  Was considering one till I found out it's more suited to 3-gun type shooting than prone/small group stuff like I prefer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]

No flies on the aero mount you're running, though.  I have a couple and will probably grab several more.  Light, lock up great, and the rigs I'll be putting them on don't need QD functionality.

Is that a strike eagle?  Was considering one till I found out it's more suited to 3-gun type shooting than prone/small group stuff like I prefer.
View Quote
Yeah the aero mount isn’t bad, I do prefer something QD so I’m still debating if I want to go Geissele or not. But the aero was on sale for a pretty sweet deal so I couldn’t resist.

Yes it’s a SE 1-6, I had this combo on another rifle that was just sitting in my safe so I figured I would try it out for now, and so I could join y’all in this thread

I’m undecided still on an optic and mount combo, I do love the razor though but I’m considering the Steiner p4xi. the KAC definitely deserves to have some nice glass sitting on it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Literal perfection.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah the aero mount isn’t bad, I do prefer something QD so I’m still debating if I want to go Geissele or not. But the aero was on sale for a pretty sweet deal so I couldn’t resist.

Yes it’s a SE 1-6, I had this combo on another rifle that was just sitting in my safe so I figured I would try it out for now, and so I could join y’all in this thread

I’m undecided still on an optic and mount combo, I do love the razor though but I’m considering the Steiner p4xi. the KAC definitely deserves to have some nice glass sitting on it.
View Quote
If you aren't too concerned about clone-correctness, I can't speak highly enough about ADM.  They're half the price (or less) of the Geissele which of course we all know is gonna be titties...but I just can't bring myself to grab the G mount when the ADM does exactly the same thing for me for a buttload of ammo's worth of difference.

plus if you're .mil they'll knock a chunk off the MSRP for ya.  a nice chunk.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]

If you aren't too concerned about clone-correctness, I can't speak highly enough about ADM.  They're half the price (or less) of the Geissele which of course we all know is gonna be titties...but I just can't bring myself to grab the G mount when the ADM does exactly the same thing for me for a buttload of ammo's worth of difference.

plus if you're .mil they'll knock a chunk off the MSRP for ya.  a nice chunk.  
View Quote
I’m 100% with you, ADM on every single optic and weapon light I own (besides this aero one)
I don’t care too much about clone correctness here, just wanted to do something new since most of my rifles host a rds or holo of some sort. I have a feeling I’m gonna love the mini recce style setup though. Will put some rounds through her tomorrow and see how it feels.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#15]
@SDMF_Rebel How’s that thing shoot? I’m still debating if I should go 13.X” carbine like you and @5pt56 or go 13.X” middy with the Spikes gas block.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]

I’m 100% with you, ADM on every single optic and weapon light I own (besides this aero one)
I don’t care too much about clone correctness here, just wanted to do something new since most of my rifles host a rds or holo of some sort. I have a feeling I’m gonna love the mini recce style setup though. Will put some rounds through her tomorrow and see how it feels.
View Quote
Just with my SS10X that I use for load dev on various guns, my 13.7 is becoming my new favorite toy.  Probably the whole "rock creek barrel" thing it has goin.

ADM is basically LaRue without the attitude or fanbois.....or price tag.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
https://i.imgur.com/QpP467G.jpg

Mini 300 Recce
View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Mocked this one up for @Eyekahn

Need the Omega 9k to break out of jail.

This one doesn't need anything though:

Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TAHK] [#23]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Yalls NSW mini hotties are making me dissatisfied with all my non clone minis.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
There's the hotness right there!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swamperator] [#26]
subscribes furiously

eta: I meant to reply to eyekahn's eye candy
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Drove 5 hours to the desert this morning to shoot the mini reece and the MK12 off my new tripod setup. (see MK12 thread for a few pics).  500y easy peasy.

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know what barrel length is required to get an AEM5 flush to a Geissle MK8 or MK14 13" rail? Is this too short for a mid length gas system? Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RyanO20:
Anyone know what barrel length is required to get an AEM5 flush to a Geissle MK8 or MK14 13" rail? Is this too short for a mid length gas system? Thanks guys
View Quote
Well technically a 13" covers a rifle length block, so I would assume mid-length would be fine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Probably 15.5 ish.

I can measure the gap on a 16" barrel with 13" mk14.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
Drove 5 hours to the desert this morning to shoot the mini reece and the MK12 off my new tripod setup. (see MK12 thread for a few pics).  500y easy peasy.

https://i.imgur.com/2EWe5wk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rqSX4Ej.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d3GI0cp.jpg
View Quote
Very nice.

What barrel and barrel length in those pics?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks!  Larue Stealth 14.5
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

Probably 15.5 ish.

View Quote
Thanks man. Honestly if it's that close I may not even bother.... Was thinking of Form 1'ing the lower and having a custom barrel spun up, but even pin/welding isn't worth the hassle for 1/2"....
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks man. Honestly if it's that close I may not even bother.... Was thinking of Form 1'ing the lower and having a custom barrel spun up, but even pin/welding isn't worth the hassle for 1/2"....
View Quote
I think its 15.1" for minimum gap on a mini seal recce
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:10:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#35]

View Quote
Just go with a 16"....not my image, stolen from the interwebs

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

I think its 15.1" for minimum gap on a mini seal recce
View Quote
For the FF RAS yes, but he's asking about a Geissele rail which is longer than the FF RAS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

Probably 15.5 ish.

@RyanO20
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
P&W during the month of zuck is so worth it for 1/2"
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Very nice.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:

https://i.imgur.com/2EWe5wk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rqSX4Ej.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/d3GI0cp.jpg
Very nice.

Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

P&W during the month of zuck is so worth it for 1/2"
View Quote
FOUR. DAYS. LEFT.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:59:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheManimal] [#42]
Originally Posted By Ihatemyself69:
How well does the Mini 4 fit under the Urx 4 rail? Did you have to file down the latch any?
View All Quotes
I was just using the Mini 4 as a visual reference since my Omega 9k is still in jail (300 blackout upper). The latch fits perfectly in the gas block channel, but it would have to be filed down completely to turn it at all. So, no it does not fit without serious dremel work

@Tinycrumb filed down a latch for a similar build with an SDN-6, but my SDN-6 is dedicated to another build and I just not that brave. The SiCo Omega series fits under the URX4 perfectly and they can be direct thread so they go on and off easily (which could be good and bad)

ETA: clearer terminology
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I was just using the Mini 4 as a visual reference since my Omega 9k is still in jail (300 blackout upper). The latch fits perfectly in the gas block channel, but it would have to be filed down completely to turn it at all. So, no it does not fit without serious dremel work

@Tinycrumb filed down a latch for a similar build with an SDN-6, but my SDN-6 is dedicated to another build and I just not that brave. The SiCo Omega series fits under the URX4 perfectly and they can be direct thread so they go on and off easily (which could be good and bad)

View All Quotes

Right. I simply just filed mine down enough until the finger area of the latch was smooth. This let me get the can on (with resistance against the rail) without it binding up on the rail. I suppose I could have gone further and just filed the finger rest all the way off, then it would for sure have gone on much smoother but I never took it that far.

If you don't file it all the way off, you just need to make sure that where it lands when it's all the way on is where the finger rest area of the latch is sorta around an m-lok slot so that it sticks up correctly.

It's definitely a hack, but it works fine. And the latch is a replaceable part, so if you ever abandon the build (like I did) you can just send the can in to AAC and they'll have it back to you with a new latch in a week.

I think a lot of people have SDN-6s sitting around sorta unused though. They were a really common can back when a lot of people were just getting into the NFA game and many people bought one going for the "1 can that'll work with every build" strategy. But of course cans are addicting and tech has improved so a lot of people have nicer/lighter cans now and the SDN-6 just sorta goes unused. This is a really great application for it, making it sorta integral, since the can itself is still plenty quiet.

Here's a pic of when I did mine:

Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Right. I simply just filed mine down enough until the finger area of the latch was smooth. This let me get the can on (with resistance against the rail) without it binding up on the rail. I suppose I could have gone further and just filed the finger rest all the way off, then it would for sure have gone on much smoother but I never took it that far.

If you don't file it all the way off, you just need to make sure that where it lands when it's all the way on is where the finger rest area of the latch is sorta around an m-lok slot so that it sticks up correctly.

It's definitely a hack, but it works fine. And the latch is a replaceable part, so if you ever abandon the build (like I did) you can just send the can in to AAC and they'll have it back to you with a new latch in a week.

I think a lot of people have SDN-6s sitting around sorta unused though. They were a really common can back when a lot of people were just getting into the NFA game and many people bought one going for the "1 can that'll work with every build" strategy. But of course cans are addicting and tech has improved so a lot of people have nicer/lighter cans now and the SDN-6 just sorta goes unused. This is a really great application for it, making it sorta integral, since the can itself is still plenty quiet.

Here's a pic of when I did mine:

https://i.imgur.com/I5Z8V2N.jpg
View Quote
Looks killer.  Was that in 300 or 5.56?  I still use my SDN6.  I would like something lighter though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Looks killer.  Was that in 300 or 5.56?  I still use my SDN6.  I would like something lighter though.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:51:40 AM EDT
[#46]
@TinyCrumb @TheManimal Thanks for the input. Iv been juggling the thought of a Urx 4 Build for quiet a while but haven't decided what Length/configuration to go with. A 9.5 Urx 4 would be pure sex for a mk18 build but I doubt Kac has plans for that anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#47]
@TinyCrumb @TheManimal Thanks for the input. Iv been juggling the thought of a Urx 4 Build for quiet a while but haven't decided what Length/configuration to go with. A 9.5 Urx 4 would be pure sex for a mk18 build but I doubt Kac has plans for that anytime soon.
View Quote
A 6.25” 300 with SDN6 and a deep socket mount is roughly the same length as a 10.3” with Surefire FH or AAC FH.

I had both at one time and it was very close.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
A 6.25” 300 with SDN6 and a deep socket mount is roughly the same length as a 10.3” with Surefire FH or AAC FH.

View All Quotes

8.3" 300 with Omega 9k is also about the same length as the aforementioned. I opted for more barrel and less suppressor. Hoping for good stabilization of 220 grain pills. Might drop it to S&B 200 grainers to be safe at first.

My SDN6 is dedicated to Johnny clone correctness
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#49]

8.3" 300 with Omega 9k is also about the same length as the aforementioned. I opted for more barrel and less suppressor. Hoping for good stabilization of 220 grain pills. Might drop it to S&B 200 grainers to be safe at first.

My SDN6 is dedicated to Johnny clone correctness
View Quote
I like those SB 200’s. I put a box through the new 300 build. Cycled great and were subsonic in a 10.3.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 208
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top