Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 208
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
@Eyekahn @TheManimal I would love to do a 300Blk build but atm I'm trying to stick with 556 since I have stacks on stacks on stacks of it.

Iv been thinking about sending a spare mk18 barrel to adco and have it cut down to 9, that would fit perfect with a 8.5 Urx4.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
@Eyekahn @TheManimal I would love to do a 300Blk build but atm I'm trying to stick with 556 since I have stacks on stacks on stacks of it.

Iv been thinking about sending a spare mk18 barrel to adco and have it cut down to 9, that would fit perfect with a 8.5 Urx4.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm Idk why that message sent twice.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ihatemyself69:

View Quote
Do a blackout. Even if you don't have tons of ammo it's nice to have at least one upper. It's bitter sweet for me; Can't afford tons of ammo, but when I do run the occasional subsonic mag through it...oh man, it's good!

The Johnny is for hunting and the 8.3 is for HD/VD. I'll zero them both for Barnes black tips, keep a few mags of that on hand, and then just plink with cheaper stuff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
Do a blackout. Even if you don't have tons of ammo it's nice to have at least one upper. It's bitter sweet for me; Can't afford tons of ammo, but when I do run the occasional subsonic mag through it...oh man, it's good!

The Johnny is for hunting and the 8.3 is for HD/VD. I'll zero them both for Barnes black tips, keep a few mags of that on hand, and then just plink with cheaper stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah Good point. The main thing holding me back from 300 is price of ammo but then again I guess you can't go over budget if their's no budget to begin with.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I’ve got an 8.5 URX for sale for cheap.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#8]

Yeah Good point. The main thing holding me back from 300 is price of ammo but then again I guess you can't go over budget if their's no budget to begin with.
View Quote
Magtech has 200gr subs and 123gr supers for .47c a round.

I’ve reloaded all my Blackout and match .223. I’m kinda over it and am willing to pay the extra $75-$100 per 1k for factory loads now that they are cheap.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I saw that that on EE last week. I was Tempted to buy it but not 100% committed to the build.

I was looking more at the Sellier and Bellot 220g at 42cpr. That's Technically only 12 cents more than 5.56 so Idk I should probably stop being a jew about it and do the build.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I saw that that on EE last week. I was Tempted to buy it but not 100% committed to the build.

I was looking more at the Sellier and Bellot 220g at 42cpr. That's Technically only 12 cents more than 5.56 so Idk I should probably stop being a jew about it and do the build.
View Quote
Where are you seeing SB 220gr for that price?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Where are you seeing SB 220gr for that price?
View Quote
https://carolinamunitions.com/sellier-bellot-300blksuba-rifle-300-aac-blackout-220-gr-full-metal-jacket-subsonic-1000-rounds.html?asaid=as0004

I ran across it on Ammoseek a few weeks ago. Iv never heard of Carolina Munitions so Idk where they source there ammo from or if they charge out the ass for shipping.

Iv always stuck to Brownells and sgammo for my ammo needs, fair prices and decent customer service.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]

https://carolinamunitions.com/sellier-bellot-300blksuba-rifle-300-aac-blackout-220-gr-full-metal-jacket-subsonic-1000-rounds.html?asaid=as0004

I ran across it on Ammoseek a few weeks ago. Iv never heard of Carolina Munitions so Idk where they source there ammo from or if they charge out the ass for shipping.

Iv always stuck to Brownells and sgammo for my ammo needs, fair prices and decent customer service.
View Quote
They charge out the ass. Just put 1000 rounds and estimated shipping, I’m in NC, shipping was $163!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

They charge out the ass. Just put 1000 rounds and estimated shipping, I’m in NC, shipping was $163!
View Quote
Wtf.. That's preposterous. Unless they offer some kind of free shipping discount code nobody is going to buy that and pay shipping.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Proper 30mm Mount?

Larue LT104 or ADM Recon?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By loudxpack:
Proper 30mm Mount?

Larue LT104 or ADM Recon?
View Quote
Geissele? KAC?

Can't go wrong with LaRue or ADM. I think LaRue is a little lighter in weight.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Geissele? KAC?

Can't go wrong with LaRue or ADM. I think LaRue is a little lighter in weight.
View Quote
I really wish the Geissele was QD
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]

I really wish the Geissele was QD
View Quote
It is if you have a leatherman
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I finally made it to the range today and had a chance to shoot. Started life as a 6920 that got cut down to 10.3 with a RiS II. Moved on to a G rail a few years ago and added the TR-24 today instead of the Eotech that usually lives there.

Going to run it like this for a couple of patrol rifle classes coming up and in some local TPC matches.

I had forgotten that the world isn’t supposed to be blurry past 50 yards
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Sold off the BA 16” Ops Inc Barrel and PRI Gen 3 Holland HandGuard, and bought a KAC FF RAS from the EE, BA 14.5” Hanson (.750) Profile Barrel, and sold the Vortex PST 2.5-10 and got a PA 1-6 KISS Scope.. Haven’t sighted in yet, as to I just put together the Upper this morning
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Sold off the BA 16” Ops Inc Barrel and PRI Gen 3 Holland HandGuard, and bought a KAC FF RAS from the EE, BA 14.5” Hanson (.750) Profile Barrel, and sold the Vortex PST 2.5-10 and got a PA 1-6 KISS Scope.. Haven’t sighted in yet, as to I just put together the Upper this morning
https://i.postimg.cc/3xDBxvdY/AE3-E7-A1-A-8-AA5-4-A8-A-A61-E-ACB25-DB0904-E.jpg
View Quote
Welcome
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Welcome
View All Quotes
https://i.postimg.cc/3xDBxvdY/AE3-E7-A1-A-8-AA5-4-A8-A-A61-E-ACB25-DB0904-E.jpg
Welcome
Thanks.. Can’t wait to Sight this baby in, and WHY didn’t I go this route in the first place lol
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RobNC:
I finally made it to the range today and had a chance to shoot. Started life as a 6920 that got cut down to 10.3 with a RiS II. Moved on to a G rail a few years ago and added the TR-24 today instead of the Eotech that usually lives there.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124234/9F00B533-7395-4E58-B04D-2B7F41F57D40-732434.jpg

Going to run it like this for a couple of patrol rifle classes coming up and in some local TPC matches.

I had forgotten that the world isn’t supposed to be blurry past 50 yards
View Quote
This is beautiful

I think I’ll end up doing something similar for my 10.3 “block 3”
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Mocked up the budget 12.5 mini recce upper. I have a gas block, tube and CH enroute.

This will probably be the last upper I build for a while as I have like 8 barreled uppers, but only 6 muzzle devices, 5 charging handles, 4 complete BCGs, 5 optics, 4 sets of iron sights, 3 lights and 1 laser. In other words, I need to finish what I have before building anything new
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#24]
This is not an uncommon problem
What length rail is the EMR?

Looks good BTW

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124207825487/large/1541783088/enhance

Mocked up the budget 12.5 mini recce upper. I have a gas block, tube and CH enroute.

This will probably be the last upper I build for a while as I have like 8 barreled uppers, but only 6 muzzle devices, 5 charging handles, 4 complete BCGs, 5 optics, 4 sets of iron sights, 3 lights and 1 laser. In other words, I need to finish what I have before building anything new
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#25]
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124207825487/large/1541783088/enhance

View Quote
Looks great!

I feel your pain

I have uppers I still need to finish, and since I took a 3 year hiatus from doing any building, all my stuff needs updated.  
-I need to get a new can, or 2.   My poor Mini is going to need rebuilt.
-Struggling with the upgrade to MLok, or not.  I have like 5 KM rails, and all the mounts, etc.  This will be expensive.
-SO much new, better glass came out since I started this.
-Really, charging handles and muzzle devices are all that I lack completing 2 more uppers.  I have BCGs and barrels, aplenty.
-Should start building my ammo fort again.  Probably down to 10K ??  We all know that 2020 is coming...

So, Keymod conversions, new awesome glass, and some cans are really going to make 2019 a super expensive MiniRecce year
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Pretty sure youre going to need a pistol gas barrel to go that short. Or go with a gas port size that daniel defense would be jealous of.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet.  Your super clean pics of the G rail on that other rifle are truly inspiring me to upgrade my MK5s, and get on the MLOK bandwagon (sigh)
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

Pretty sure youre going to need a pistol gas barrel to go that short. Or go with a gas port size that daniel defense would be jealous of.
View Quote
Cutting a 10.3 down to 9" would still leave around 2 inches of dwell time, if my math is correct on that. I don't believe that would hinder reliability.

As for the gas port, it's one of the earlier DD mk18 barrels with the 0.080 gas port size. In theory that would help right?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By adh:

Looks good BTW

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adh:

Looks good BTW

Thanks! It is a 10” ALG V1. I hear that AEM2s fit almost flush on 12.5s with 10” rails...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks great!

I feel your pain

I have uppers I still need to finish, and since I took a 3 year hiatus from doing any building, all my stuff needs updated.  
-Struggling with the upgrade to MLok, or not.  I have like 5 KM rails, and all the mounts, etc.  This will be expensive.
-Really, charging handles and muzzle devices are all that I lack completing 2 more uppers.  I have BCGs and barrels, aplenty.
-Should start building my ammo fort again.  Probably down to 10K ??  We all know that 2020 is coming...

So, Keymod conversions, new awesome glass, and some cans are really going to make 2019 a super expensive MiniRecce year
View All Quotes

Looks great!

I feel your pain

Yea, ammo should be prioritized for me, but building is more fun lol.  Sometimes I regret the KMR, but it’s on the one that I rely on to always be ready to rock and roll. Can’t bring myself to touch it. Plus, I still miss the vltor casv’s I sold even though they were dated. KMRs might disappear one day too.

@Alaska511 How did you wear out the mini4? Round count? Barrel length? Brake or flash hider? I’m using mine on 10.5s with just flash hiders. Maybe I should rethink that...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Yea, ammo should be prioritized for me, but building is more fun lol.  Sometimes I regret the KMR, but it’s on the one that I rely on to always be ready to rock and roll. Can’t bring myself to touch it. Plus, I still miss the vltor casv’s I sold even though they were dated. KMRs might disappear one day too.

@Alaska511 How did you wear out the mini4? Round count? Barrel length? Brake or flash hider? I’m using mine on 10.5s with just flash hiders. Maybe I should rethink that...
View All Quotes

Looks great!

I feel your pain

Not worn-slap-out, yet, but man only having one can has been hard on the poor girl!  I have been on some multi-rifle shoots with several people (my rifles) hot swapping it.  Purely enjoyable shoots, but damn.  Earlier on in this thread I posted where I got her so hot after a day of 4 rifles, and 1100 rounds, it choked up an extra tooth, and I could not get it off!  It took a torch to get it off.

PLEASE do not regret a Mini.  I am sold.  I would do another.
I am all flashhider.  No regrets there, either.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Woke up, checked this thread aaaaand now my pants are sticky. At least it’s still early enough to shower before church lol
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#35]

20181111_091446 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

I always enjoyed the PA 1-4 at the range.  Thought it was a great pick for the price.

Then the last hour of shooting light came about.

Holy fuck that thing sucks.  

It's getting replaced.  And MAYBE tossed on my tax-deduction M4gery just to stretch it a bit further than the Sparc that sits on it now.  That's one of my few "doesn't have potential to be used in low light" rigs.

Now I have to go finger-fark a bunch of different low-powers just to see what's what....
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:35:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#36]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4830/44914395935_1f7013f682_h.jpg
20181111_091446 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

I always enjoyed the PA 1-4 at the range.  Thought it was a great pick for the price.

Then the last hour of shooting light came about.

Holy fuck that thing sucks.  

It's getting replaced.  And MAYBE tossed on my tax-deduction M4gery just to stretch it a bit further than the Sparc that sits on it now.  That's one of my few "doesn't have potential to be used in low light" rigs.

Now I have to go finger-fark a bunch of different low-powers just to see what's what....
View Quote
P4xi
Razor
Kahles
Atacr

Pick your budget
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#37]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

P4xi
Razor
Kahles
Atacr

Pick your budget
View Quote
Waiting for my account on leupold to be updated to mil pricing before I make any decisions.  

probably 85-90% of what i do with this rifle is suppressed subsonics inside 100 yards, so I don't need huge mag just good light transmission.

Really not impressed with the gen II vortex PST; I honestly prefer the gen 1 by a good bit.  But i'm checking out the vortex offerings on expertvoice.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Waiting for my account on leupold to be updated to mil pricing before I make any decisions.  

probably 85-90% of what i do with this rifle is suppressed subsonics inside 100 yards, so I don't need huge mag just good light transmission.

Really not impressed with the gen II vortex PST; I honestly prefer the gen 1 by a good bit.  But i'm checking out the vortex offerings on expertvoice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

P4xi
Razor
Kahles
Atacr

Pick your budget

They are old, but I have been impressed with my Leupold Mk4 1.5-5 SPR. Good clear glass. It’s not quite at the level of the Razor HD II 1-6, but it’s a big step above the Trijicon Accupower 1-4. You could probably find one used for fairly cheap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#39]

They are old, but I have been impressed with my Leupold Mk4 1.5-5 SPR. Good clear glass. It’s not quite at the level of the Razor HD II 1-6, but it’s a big step above the Trijicon Accupower 1-4. You could probably find one used for fairly cheap.
View Quote
Roger that; it's not a corner of the market that's parched of choice.  

Honestly I think anything 30mm flavored will be a step up from the PA, with its 1-inch tube.  Hell even a VX-2 2-7x33 would probably be a step up; I had a 6x36 a while back on a 7SAUM that was WORLDS brighter than this thing is.

Not in a huge rush; the blackout got bloody and I'm probably getting booted from NCOA in February with the Tyndall closure, so I'm not planning on hogs in TX yet again.  Not sure when I'll get another chance to actually use a rifle against anything other than paper in midday brightness, so I have some time.  (my 7-08 for Alberta next year is good to go already)

EDIT:  Shit, the PA *IS* a 30mm tube.  Blech.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:45:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#40]
Just got back from a quick sight-in.. So far I like it a lot, think I’ll keep it this config for now.. RightSide Group was the RECCE and Left/Bottom Group was from the BCM BFH LW w/ Elcan..

WOLF GOLD 55gr, 10rds @ 50yrd

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got back from a quick sight-in.. So far I like it a lot, think I’ll keep it this config for now.. RightSide Group was the RECCE and Left/Bottom Group was from the BCM BFH LW w/ Elcan..

https://i.postimg.cc/VLL1mrJh/25-BF0832-EE90-443-E-A656-98-DEECEF02-E0.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3RX7J2js/ADACA5-BF-0-D26-4-BEE-B92-E-6-E5-CCA7067-E8.jpg
View Quote
How's the strike eagle in low light?  
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:04:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#42]
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/VLL1mrJh/25-BF0832-EE90-443-E-A656-98-DEECEF02-E0.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3RX7J2js/ADACA5-BF-0-D26-4-BEE-B92-E-6-E5-CCA7067-E8.jpg
If you’re asking about the Optic on the left, it’s NOT the Vortex SE, it’s a Primary Arms 1-6 KISS lol, but in Low Light it’s alright for the Price, ONLY Gripe I have about it, EYEBOX SUCKs my ATIBAL XP8 was more forgiving..
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#43]

If you’re asking about the Optic on the left, it’s NOT the Vortex SE, it’s a Primary Arms 1-6 KISS lol, but in Low Light it’s alright for the Price, ONLY Gripe I have about it, EYEBOX SUCKs my ATIBAL XP8 was more forgiving..
View Quote
Hah.  Sorry looked astonishingly similar to the SE.

Looking at reviews it appears the P4Xi has glass equivalent to or better than the PST gen 2, and is about 200 bucks less when both mil discounts are taken into effect (via expertvoice).

Maybe I'll sell off a couple lower-end LPVOs on the EE to put toward a steiner, and just move that from rifle to rifle for a while.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Looking at reviews it appears the P4Xi has glass equivalent to or better than the PST gen 2, and is about 200 bucks less when both mil discounts are taken into effect (via expertvoice).

Maybe I'll sell off a couple lower-end LPVOs on the EE to put toward a steiner, and just move that from rifle to rifle for a while.  
View All Quotes

Let me know how the Steiner turns out, always wanted one but just never pulled the trigger, plus funds always ends up towards something else lmao
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Let me know how the Steiner turns out, always wanted one but just never pulled the trigger, plus funds always ends up towards something else lmao
View Quote
Ain't that the truth.  Plenty of rifles built, some of them sharing optics with others, cause every time I get ready to buy one, 5 other things for builds in progress go on sale and well shit I'd be a fool not to get them on sale
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I used my 10.5 300 as my new woods deer rifle this past weekend.  (no luck).  @ArmedFerret I picked up this leupy 1.25-4 vxr Patrol on the EE used a while back.  Low light is good enough for hunting at dawn and dusk in the woods.  Plus it has the firedot.  If you dont want to spend much, I see them alot on the EE for pretty good prices.  Now, its not my Mk6 1-6 good, but for the price, I'll probably get another.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:
I used my 10.5 300 as my new woods deer rifle this past weekend.  (no luck).  @ArmedFerret I picked up this leupy 1.25-4 vxr Patrol on the EE used a while back.  Low light is good enough for hunting at dawn and dusk in the woods.  Plus it has the firedot.  If you dont want to spend much, I see them alot on the EE for pretty good prices.  Now, its not my Mk6 1-6 good, but for the price, I'll probably get another.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4815/45786196592_4e7b1672be_o.jpg
View Quote
I love this setup

Where did you get that 5 rounder?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#48]

I love this setup

Where did you get that 5 rounder?
View Quote
Thanks.  
It is a Lancer 10 Rounder
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

The p4xi is amazing.  Well worth every penny.  You won't find anything close until you move up to a razor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4815/45786196592_4e7b1672be_o.jpg
View Quote
Nice all around!!  Thanks for the tip on the patrol.  I'll keep an eye out.

There's a gen 1 PST mil/mil on the EE right now that I may FO on....I have my SEAL Recce, mini, and blackout that all need LPVOs so it'll find a home on one of them.....but I'll likely end up trying different ones on the other guys just to see what's what and which I like mostest.
Page / 208
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top