Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1193
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My aem5 should be at my dealer next couple days.

We got it sorted with the washers that came with the muzzle device.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
Ok here she is so far.  Still waiting on delivery of deployment kit and I still need the kac buis front and rear.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009290_jpg-3276816.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009293_jpg-3276817.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009295_jpg-3276818.JPG
View Quote

Don't forget paint.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Don't forget paint.
View Quote

This is one I am not sure I'll put paint on lol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Don't forget paint.

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
All I need to find are the kac buis and bore guide and a sling. Sling should be sorted soon..
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My aem5 should be at my dealer next couple days.

We got it sorted with the washers that came with the muzzle device.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009298_jpg-3276886.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/380981/1000009299_jpg-3276887.JPG
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the gen 1 ace socoms still a thing in here? Or the old issued mk12 cases?

Used to be hot and heavy in this thread but it's been a fortnite. Kinda got out of the clone world, but my H still has some of the OG bits on it.

Need some glass for my newer sticks
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By outlaw7:
Are the gen 1 ace socoms still a thing in here? Or the old issued mk12 cases?

Used to be hot and heavy in this thread but it's been a fortnite. Kinda got out of the clone world, but my H still has some of the OG bits on it.

Need some glass for my newer sticks
View Quote

Yes to both.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: outlaw7] [#9]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Yes to both.
View Quote

If anyone's looking, shoot me a message and we can text. I don't have my pic logins anymore for them websites and I can text pics easier.

Looking for a reflex/magnifier combo in fde for my latest build.

Also have one of them old fde docter reflex sights on a Matt Burkett offset mount? Not sure on the spelling of those. Been a long time since I dabbled in this
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
market is just about dead so if you want rare parts they are had for pretty great prices right now, but selling just sucks. I'm sure people with those ff ras rails are gonna get desperate enough to take under 500 soon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
market is just about dead so if you want rare parts they are had for pretty great prices right now, but selling just sucks. I'm sure people with those ff ras rails are gonna get desperate enough to take under 500 soon.
View Quote

I hear that, goes in waves. I've had these things sitting around for 8-9 years, so another 8-9 ain't no sweat off my sack.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Any tips on installing the muzzle device? I’ve got a White Oak Armament barrel and am trying to get the Badger Ordnance gas block on but it won’t budge past the first inch. I’ve tried heating it with a torch but still no luck. Now I can’t even get it back off.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By htxdriller:
Any tips on installing the muzzle device? I’ve got a White Oak Armament barrel and am trying to get the Badger Ordnance gas block on but it won’t budge past the first inch. I’ve tried heating it with a torch but still no luck. Now I can’t even get it back off.
View Quote

Gas block or muzzle device?

If gasblock my badger just slid over my barrel no problem. If the measurements are to spec I would only suggest using a rawhide mallet or a wood block and a hammer and tap it off or on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the pod lock installed. Might look for the l9nger handled one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The shorter podlock is preferable IMO because when carrying these slung, if you ever forget to rotate the podloc to your strongside you will get stabbed by the thing. From experience it's painful.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARegularGuy2424] [#16]
I have a Pelican 1700 and looking to built out a deployment kit. Where do I get the foam insert? I saw a YouTube video where a guy got his from onyxarms.com but they have been out of stock for 6-7 months. What about cobra foam inserts? They seem not as correct and the color and material seems off.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ARegularGuy2424:
I have a Pelican 1700 and looking to built out a deployment kit. Where do I get the foam insert? I saw a YouTube video where a guy got his from onyxarma.com but they have been out of stock for 6-7 months. What about cobra foam inserts? They seem not as correct.
View Quote

I ordered mine from cobra foam.
here
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Can you post a picture of the foam? Are you happy with it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you post a picture of the foam? Are you happy with it?
View Quote

It arrives next week. I'll post pics once it arrives. It comes with the upgraded foam, so I'm sure I'll love it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Pelican 1700 and looking to built out a deployment kit. Where do I get the foam insert? I saw a YouTube video where a guy got his from onyxarms.com but they have been out of stock for 6-7 months. What about cobra foam inserts? They seem not as correct and the color and material seems off.
View Quote
Modernarmresources was making some, no idea if he's doing another batch sometime soon
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#21]
View Quote

Couple years back I purchased cobra and it is absolutely nothing like what was issued.  Closed cell vs open cell, etc.  if someone wants to pay for shipping and a box I’d gladly mail them the cobra set I purchased back then as it just takes up space sitting in the garage.  Prob ok for non-clone use, but that’s about it.  I dunno if @Ringer706 is doing another run of his repro (which is where Onyx supply came from) but that’s the route to go hands down.

ETA:  if I have time today I’ll take a side by side photo of issued foam, Ringer’s repro, and cobra.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Couple years back I purchased cobra and it is absolutely nothing like what was issued.  Closed cell vs open cell, etc.  if someone wants to pay for shipping and a box I’d gladly mail them the cobra set I purchased back then as it just takes up space sitting in the garage.  Prob ok for non-clone use, but that’s about it.  I dunno if @Ringer706 is doing another run of his repro (which is where Onyx supply came from) but that’s the route to go hands down.

ETA:  if I have time today I’ll take a side by side photo of issued foam, Ringer’s repro, and cobra.
View All Quotes

I’d be interested in the pics and maybe the case/foam.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I'd love to see pics as well comparing them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered from cobra foam like 5 years or more ago and it was epically dogshit.  Perhaps they changed but I doubt it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:
I ordered from cobra foam like 5 years or more ago and it was epically dogshit.  Perhaps they changed but I doubt it.

View Quote

What was wrong with your order back then?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:52:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#26]

View All Quotes

Modern Arms Resources repro on the left, issued top right, cobra bottom right.  
Attachment Attached File

Issued top, Modern Arms repro middle, cobra bottom
Attachment Attached File

Modern arms repro left, issued on the right
Attachment Attached File

Issued top foam on top, cobra top foam on bottom
Attachment Attached File

Cobra foam material vs issued
Attachment Attached File

ETA: unless cobra has changed their foam it’s just totally different foam than what was issued, not to mention they even did the wrong template for the top foam as the sling slot is in the wrong location and isn’t open to the case itself either.  I think it’s closed cell foam vs open cell foam IIRC.  The cobra foam is very hard versus the softer open cell material used on issued foam.  Also wanted to add, don't focus on the colors cause the issue foam has likely been through hell and back.  It's got oil and dirt and god knows what else in it.  The cobra foam itself is literally a completely different type of foam and that's the primary issue with it.  Ringers repro foam (Modern Arms Resources) is as close as you can get to the original as it's almost the same foam, if not the exact same type.  And given some love it will age just like the issued foam.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5794_jpeg-3278616.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5795_jpeg-3278617.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5796_jpeg-3278619.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5798_jpeg-3278621.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/IMG_5797_jpeg-3278622.JPG

ETA: unless cobra has changed their foam it’s just totally different foam than what was issued, not to mention they even did the wrong template for the top foam as the sling slot is in the wrong location and isn’t open to the case itself either.  I think it’s closed cell foam vs open cell foam IIRC.  The cobra foam is very hard versus the softer open cell material used on issued foam.  Also wanted to add, don't focus on the colors cause the issue foam has likely been through hell and back.  It's got oil and dirt and god knows what else in it.  The cobra foam itself is literally a completely different type of foam and that's the primary issue with it.  Ringers repro foam (Modern Arms Resources) is as close as you can get to the original as it's almost the same foam, if not the exact same type.  And given some love it will age just like the issued foam.
View All Quotes

Last ones just to show the difference in the foam material.

Issued foam type left and contra on right
Attachment Attached File

Issued type foam on top cobra on bottom.  I’m literally squeezing them into each other.  The cobra material is very different as it doesn’t even flex.  It’s very hard material.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

From the pics, the cobra foam looks like the same type of foam that was in most of our hard cases and deployment kits such as the m24, javelin clu, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#29]

From the pics, the cobra foam looks like the same type of foam that was in most of our hard cases and deployment kits such as the m24, javelin clu, etc.
View All Quotes

Indeed.  Same as the mk13 cases as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I think I will be fine with the cobra foam as this type of foam helps prevent moisture buildup in the foam.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#31]

I think I will be fine with the cobra foam as this type of foam helps prevent moisture buildup in the foam.
View All Quotes

It should last forever as it is rugged AF.  Don’t think anyone can argue against that or that it’s a better foam type for actual storage.  Glad it’s gonna work out for you!

ETA: while I’m cluttering up the thread might as well add some Holland to it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you for the pictures. I emailed Modern resources over the winter and they said hopefully they will restock in the foam and guide rods in the spring.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARegularGuy2424] [#33]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you for the pictures. I emailed Modern resources over the winter and they said hopefully they will restock in the foam and guide rods in the spring.
View Quote

I have been looking for a guide rod, so hopefully they get some in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:55:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTacticalCoyote] [#35]
I signed up for the notification for the bore guide and cleaning rod for the spring release and haven’t heard anything. Summer is almost halfway over.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Thank you. The differences are obvious.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I've sent a few messages out to ModernArmResources and have gotten zero response. Hoping they are still planning on making more and are just busy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Sling arrived today.. Hopefully the case and cleaning rod will arrive tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 6:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#39]
Got my aem5 approved. So can compare the Ocm5 and aem5.   Weight is a little over 3.2oz heavier on the aem5

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#40]
On a whim I ordered a centurion receiver set and think I need a mk12 now. Since CLE is off the table who do yall recommend for the best mk12 barrel that’s semi readily available? (Cradock is 8mo out which is longer than I prefer to wait). I’m looking at Centurion, pri, hcs, or cradock rtr. Had originally planned to do a woa but after piles of reading it sounds like they’re semi hit or miss. I’m willing to spend the extra dollars for ultimate accuracy. So who do yall recommend?
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Remington1992:
On a whim I ordered a centurion receiver set and think I need a mk12 now. Since CLE is off the table who do yall recommend for the best mk12 barrel that's semi readily available? (Cradock is 8mo out which is longer than I prefer to wait). I'm looking at Centurion, pri, hcs, or cradock rtr. Had originally planned to do a woa but after piles of reading it sounds like they're semi hit or miss. I'm willing to spend the extra dollars for ultimate accuracy. So who do yall recommend?
View Quote
Check PRI.  They have Douglas Barrels

https://www.precisionreflex.com/144-barrels
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#42]
On a whim I ordered a centurion receiver set and think I need a mk12 now. Since CLE is off the table who do yall recommend for the best mk12 barrel that’s semi readily available? (Cradock is 8mo out which is longer than I prefer to wait). I’m looking at Centurion, pri, hcs, or cradock rtr. Had originally planned to do a woa but after piles of reading it sounds like they’re semi hit or miss. I’m willing to spend the extra dollars for ultimate accuracy. So who do yall recommend?
View Quote

HCS or PRI
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Really happy with the Douglas that I got from PRI.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Really happy with the Douglas that I got from PRI.
View Quote

I like both of mine from PRI.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]
What sort of real world accuracy are y’all seeing from them with decent 77gr ammo?
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#46]
What sort of real world accuracy are y'all seeing from them with decent 77gr ammo?
View Quote
Here is my PRI Mod 0 upper with Douglas barrel out to 600yds.  Practical accuracy is pretty good. Just using aac 77gr SMK ammo

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#47]
What sort of real world accuracy are y’all seeing from them with decent 77gr ammo?
View Quote

I didn't measure (or save) my targets when zeroing it and I wasn't trying to make tiny little groups, but I can say with confidence that they were right at an inch. Maybe a touch more. AAC 77gr.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#48]
View Quote

My Mod 0 and Mod H are hovering around 1” five shot groups with my 77gr TMK handloads.

ETA: I used the Mod H at last weekend’s 2G match and I placed 5th and 10th out of 70 shooters in the two long range stages. Nearly went 1:1 on steel from 150-388yds in unconventional positions. The Mod 0 just puts the rounds where they should go.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

What's considered 'real world' accuracy? Outdoor range and not shooting from a rifle sled?

I haven't really cleaned or took proper care of my barrels, but if I take my time I can keep the group right around an inch at 100 yards with IMI Razor Core. I remember Federal FC262 was pretty good also, but I ran out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Here is my PRI Mod 0 upper with Douglas barrel out to 600yds.  Practical accuracy is pretty good. Just using aac 77gr SMK ammo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifheT-DKxzI
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
What sort of real world accuracy are y'all seeing from them with decent 77gr ammo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifheT-DKxzI

I've got a 1/3rd IPSC target that I set out at 260-ish yards and am able to pull off head shots on it with some regularity. I'd love to have range to stretch it out. Right now I have to use a 10' 2x4 with the base weighed down with cinder blocks to clear terrain at 260.
Page / 1193
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top