Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Is this about to be a poop thread?

ON TOPIC

Anyone with Gen I handguard early SPRs, would anyone be willing to provide the dimensions for the button head screws? I am tempted to see whether the set screws of the Gen II could be swapped to give them more of the Gen I look...
View Quote

You would still have the holes for longer rail sections on each side of the tube, so genI screws would just make you look like a poser.  

You also wouldn't have the 5 or 7 o'clock holes and you then have those heat shields to deal with. Embrace the genII.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

You would still have the holes for longer rail sections on each side of the tube, so genI screws would just make you look like a poser.  

You also wouldn't have the 5 or 7 o'clock holes and you then have those heat shields to deal with. Embrace the genII.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Is this about to be a poop thread?

ON TOPIC

Anyone with Gen I handguard early SPRs, would anyone be willing to provide the dimensions for the button head screws? I am tempted to see whether the set screws of the Gen II could be swapped to give them more of the Gen I look...

Gen II holes can be filled and painted if I really wanted, heatshields could come out. I inquired with PRI whether they could backdate one, just to see. I don't think a Gen I will ever pop up by itself, so I figured maybe a Gen II could be backdated to at least get the "look". Kinda like yours, where it's I guess a Gen I tube with Gen II features.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
She's coming together. After 2 years of laying under my bed ...

Glass should be here this week and will have the first range trip within a couple weeks. After the glass is mounted and dialed, I will finish the painting on the new parts.. I have to say though... I kind of like the way it looks with the accessories in black...

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MCM308:
She's coming together. After 2 years of laying under my bed ...

Glass should be here this week and will have the first range trip within a couple weeks. After the glass is mounted and dialed, I will finish the painting on the new parts.. I have to say though... I kind of like the way it looks with the accessories in black...
<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Wicked500R/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0527151858_zpsrynmkxfj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/Wicked500R/Mobile%20Uploads/0527151858_zpsrynmkxfj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Wicked500R/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0527151901_zpsnbuuaby2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/Wicked500R/Mobile%20Uploads/0527151901_zpsnbuuaby2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Love it!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

As long as he torqued the nut and retaining collar correctly , the rest is easily corrected by yourself. If I were at home I would offer to build it correctly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B7R:
Ok maybe you guys can help me and have a laugh at the same time. Well my issues are yesterday I finally was able to pick up my Mod 0 upper from the guy who was putting it together for me. When I first posted the first pic of my build it was on a Rainier arms billet upper. When I decided to go more clone correct I picked up a
Colt M4 A3 Alcoa forge upper and had him take it apart to put the Colt upper on. So while I was looking it over I noticed a couple of things. First when he installed my
Arms #38 peq 2-3 rail on the very end of the Pri handguard the 8.5" rail on the handguard sticks out about a half an inch in front of the arms rail is there any way to make it flush with the arms rail. As most of the mod 0 pics I have seen they are flush. I can't tell if it is installed correctlly or if there is something off or the 8.5" handguard rail can be adjusted. The holes for the two screws on top of the arms rail do not line up at all with the ones on the pri handguard rail. Second He lost the two screws that came with the arms rail he said he didn't see them but they were in the bag since the arms rail I got was new in the bag and they were in there when I bought it. Can I get these two screws from somewhere ? And for the laugh I showed him three times how the Ops inc collar is supposed to sit on the step on the barrel well he installed it backwards up against the Ops inc muzzle brake sheesh . Hope you guys can give me some help thanks. F.Y.I. I can't post pics right now of the rail issue I am out of town on business right now but I will as soon as I get back home.

As long as he torqued the nut and retaining collar correctly , the rest is easily corrected by yourself. If I were at home I would offer to build it correctly.

Well for a small update to start off I want to pull my hair out whats left of it anyway. I quickly figured out and fixed the arms #38 rail alignment issue and the ops collar, and of course I forgot to take pics. Then I starred at her for a while and after fourteen plus months of finding parts etc.. she is beatifull. So I dropped in the charging handle and bcg and @$#%+ the bolt wouldn't engage at all I looked at the barrel extension and the feed ramps were offset from the ones on the receiver. I was dreading the worst so I took the whole thing apart and as soon as I took off the barrel nut the barrel index pin fell to the floor it was sheared clean off. So off to Adco it went today for the barrel repair and I went ahead and just paid them to put the upper back together. It's been a struggle to get a completed mod 0 done. Thanks Hunterex for the offer I think you had some foresight into the torque issue I think a wee to much LOL.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
What's up, faddots?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/20150526_224124_zpshidjkrnq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/20150526_224124_zpshidjkrnq.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's what you need to get started, they do look familiar

CD
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone here run a 4x ACOG on their mk12?  I got an ACOG a while ago because I got it for a decent deal and couldn't resist, I wanted to put it on a PR build but then I started building a mk12 instead.  I kind of ran short on funds for another optic and I am refusing to put a cheap optic on my mk12 just to have one on it, so since I had the ACOG lying around I decided to put it on the mk12.  The ACOG is great, don't get me wrong, but I know it's not really a "clone correct" optic for a mk12 and can't help but feel that a 4 power ACOG just does not do the mk12 justice.  I am saving up for a nice Lupy Mark 4 mr/t or Nightforce NXS, which I feel would be better suited for the rifle.  Just wondering if anyone else does, or has, run an ACOG on their mk12 and how they liked it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By TresArmas:

Anyone here run a 4x ACOG on their mk12?  I got an ACOG a while ago because I got it for a decent deal and couldn't resist, I wanted to put it on a PR build but then I started building a mk12 instead.  I kind of ran short on funds for another optic and I am refusing to put a cheap optic on my mk12 just to have one on it, so since I had the ACOG lying around I decided to put it on the mk12.  The ACOG is great, don't get me wrong, but I know it's not really a "clone correct" optic for a mk12 and can't help but feel that a 4 power ACOG just does not do the mk12 justice.  I am saving up for a nice Lupy Mark 4 mr/t or Nightforce NXS, which I feel would be better suited for the rifle.  Just wondering if anyone else does, or has, run an ACOG on their mk12 and how they liked it.
View Quote
ACOG is fine

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#10]
ACOG is fine

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TresArmas:
ACOG is fine

Yup. Rogue4 (member here) put an Elcan on his, so it wouldn't be a stretch to have an ACOG on there.

Just don't let it stay there forever . This platform was made for a 2.5-8x
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
AEM5 will be ordered this week.  I finally found a local CLIII dealer who reached out to Ron.  It will still require an F3, but the party is getting started either way!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:44:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#12]

Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

AEM5 will be ordered this week.  I finally found a local CLIII dealer who reached out to Ron.  It will still require an F3, but the party is getting started either way!
View Quote

ADCO has them in stock. It would be faster than having to wait for a Form 3.

$675...not bad...unless they don't come with mounting hardware.

I paid $800 IIRC for my OPS 12th from ADCO in 2008. It came with hardware.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Correct, they do not come with brake and collar (AFAIK).

$800 is pretty low. Last I saw for 12th models, they were $900-950 I think (including the brake and collar).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

ADCO is not in TN.  They have them in stock but you still have to F3 from ADCO to local CLIII.  Let me know if I do not understand this correctly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#15]

ADCO is not in TN.  They have them in stock but you still have to F3 from ADCO to local CLIII.  Let me know if I do not understand this correctly.

View All Quotes

F3 is manufacturer to dealer.

ADCO is a dealer. Dealers can send to dealers.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

. . . only on a Form 3.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
. . . only on a Form 3.

View All Quotes

. . . only on a Form 3.

Well...its been awhile since I ordered my suppressor

I remember my dealer saying that the Form 3 from OPS was going to take a couple month or so.

So I had him order from ADCO instead and he had it in pretty damn quick.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember my dealer saying that the Form 3 from OPS was going to take a couple month or so.

View All Quotes

. . . only on a Form 3.

Happens to the best of us

Probably has to do with how Ops/AE do their suppressor making. They apparently do batches at a time, so a big shipment goes out to dealers, and then there is a wait time of weeks to months before another batch arrives.

If you bought from a dealer that had one in stock and had to form 3 it to your local SOT, it would be faster than waiting for Ops/AE to tool up another batch and then start the Form 3 process.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Well for a small update to start off I want to pull my hair out whats left of it anyway. I quickly figured out and fixed the arms #38 rail alignment issue and the ops collar, and of course I forgot to take pics. Then I starred at her for a while and after fourteen plus months of finding parts etc.. she is beatifull. So I dropped in the charging handle and bcg and @$#%+ the bolt wouldn't engage at all I looked at the barrel extension and the feed ramps were offset from the ones on the receiver. I was dreading the worst so I took the whole thing apart and as soon as I took off the barrel nut the barrel index pin fell to the floor it was sheared clean off. So off to Adco it went today for the barrel repair and I went ahead and just paid them to put the upper back together. It's been a struggle to get a completed mod 0 done. Thanks Hunterex for the offer I think you had some foresight into the torque issue I think a wee to much LOL.
View All Quotes
Ok maybe you guys can help me and have a laugh at the same time. Well my issues are yesterday I finally was able to pick up my Mod 0 upper from the guy who was putting it together for me. When I first posted the first pic of my build it was on a Rainier arms billet upper. When I decided to go more clone correct I picked up a
Colt M4 A3 Alcoa forge upper and had him take it apart to put the Colt upper on. So while I was looking it over I noticed a couple of things. First when he installed my
Arms #38 peq 2-3 rail on the very end of the Pri handguard the 8.5" rail on the handguard sticks out about a half an inch in front of the arms rail is there any way to make it flush with the arms rail. As most of the mod 0 pics I have seen they are flush. I can't tell if it is installed correctlly or if there is something off or the 8.5" handguard rail can be adjusted. The holes for the two screws on top of the arms rail do not line up at all with the ones on the pri handguard rail. Second He lost the two screws that came with the arms rail he said he didn't see them but they were in the bag since the arms rail I got was new in the bag and they were in there when I bought it. Can I get these two screws from somewhere ? And for the laugh I showed him three times how the Ops inc collar is supposed to sit on the step on the barrel well he installed it backwards up against the Ops inc muzzle brake sheesh . Hope you guys can give me some help thanks. F.Y.I. I can't post pics right now of the rail issue I am out of town on business right now but I will as soon as I get back home.

Oh,  man. That's rough.  At least you know it's going to come back perfect this time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I just got the ship notification from ADCO my 6.5 Grendel Mod-H upper is on it's way back to me, I'm quite excited.

Now it's time to stop dragging my feet and get a can for it, I figure the money I saved not turning it into a Mod 0 should get spent on the can.  I sent an email to Allen Engineering about getting a AEM5 built for 6.5mm.  I am ignorant of the process and will start researching it once I get a response, it looks like the first thing I should do is get a trust set up.  Have you guys been doing it yourselves or paying a lawyer?  It seems like a simple enough process.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Oh,  man. That's rough.  At least you know it's going to come back perfect this time.
View All Quotes

Yeah I know, well I decided on Adco a lot of you guys speak highly of them and I figured there should be no issues this go around fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
I just got the ship notification from ADCO my 6.5 Grendel Mod-H upper is on it's way back to me, I'm quite excited.

Now it's time to stop dragging my feet and get a can for it, I figure the money I saved not turning it into a Mod 0 should get spent on the can.  I sent an email to Allen Engineering about getting a AEM5 built for 6.5mm.  I am ignorant of the process and will start researching it once I get a response, it looks like the first thing I should do is get a trust set up.  Have you guys been doing it yourselves or paying a lawyer?  It seems like a simple enough process.
View Quote

I paid a local lawyer $250 for mine.

IMHO, law is not a field that lends itself to DIY. I thought I knew a lot about NFA trusts/its law, but after meeting with him I realized there's a lot more that goes into it, and I would never want to risk my NFA collection because I cheaped out on a Quicken willmaker trust.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#23]

IMHO, law is not a field that lends itself to DIY. I thought I knew a lot about NFA trusts/its law, but after meeting with him I realized there's a lot more that goes into it, and I would never want to risk my NFA collection because I cheaped out on a Quicken willmaker trust.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Mblades:

I have a trust and an LLC.

Don't really have to keep up much with the LLC as all the paperwork is online if I lose or destroy anything.

The only thing that is a hassle is the franchise tax form every year, even though it takes all of 5 minutes to do and submit online.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

You would save several months by buying from Adco and them sending to your dealer. I bought 4/2, and it shipped to my dealer on 5/24
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Movistar:

You would save several months by buying from Adco and them sending to your dealer. I bought 4/2, and it shipped to my dealer on 5/24
View Quote

Thats fast.  Now I'm getting really motivated, so long as I can find a CLIII dealer near me that allows conjugal visits.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone want to trade a taupe KAC front sight for a black one? I have black, but need taupe for an FDE build....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

Does anyone want to trade a taupe KAC front sight for a black one? I have black, but need taupe for an FDE build....
View Quote

Bolt carrier has some in stock
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Don't want to buy a second one...just want to trade the one I have now. I'm cheap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Don't want to buy a second one...just want to trade the one I have now. I'm cheap.
View All Quotes

Well...if you're sellin, I'm probably buyin

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#30]

View All Quotes

Sure...for the same price as a new taupe so I can go and buy one right after

or maybe a few bucks less...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep in mind..DangerDan is stuck in 2008 prices...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Nah. I just watch a lot of pawn stars, so I'm en expert on pricing
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

That would be hilarious if somebody wanted to pawn off a mk 12 on that show even though I know they don't have a FFL. They only buy or pawn antique firearms.
Be curious as to what they would offer if they did.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Ergos are on sale at Joe Bob's if anyone needs one (or several).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Ergos are on sale at Joe Bob's if anyone needs one (or several).
View Quote

I need one of those...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]

That would be hilarious if somebody wanted to pawn off a mk 12 on that show even though I know they don't have a FFL. They only buy or pawn antique firearms.
View All Quotes

Every episode is as follows:

Rick: "Let me bring in a friend of mine who knows all about these"
Friend/Expert: "This gun is worth $5,000"
Rick: "How much do you want for it?"
Poor sucker: "5,000"
Rick: "Best I can do is $100, I've gotta make money here"
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bohguy:

View All Quotes

Perfect.

I'll take $165 shipped for this black front sight
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B7R] [#38]

Perfect.

View All Quotes

Perfect.

so true!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I gotta say, the best KAC purchase I've ever made, was a NIB, NIW KAC M203 QD latch system.

Retail is like $400 or so.

I got it for $60 shipped

Now I just need an M203
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I gotta say, the best KAC purchase I've ever made, was a NIB, NIW KAC M203 QD latch system.

Retail is like $400 or so.

I got it for $60 shipped

Now I just need an M203
View Quote

But when that day comes...  Who will be laughing then?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Untitled by Andrew McGaha, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acmcgaha] [#42]
Double Tap...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#43]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/tKvidF" target="_blank">https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8845/18213958235_baef5651e2_z.jpg</a>Untitled by Andrew McGaha, on Flickr
View Quote

there's a 77 load i haven't tried yet...just picked up a couple boxes from midway to see what's what.

threw some 69TMK's on it too cause hell, why not....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Is it Russian like the ammo?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Get that garbage outta here...

Lol

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#47]

This is the Mk12 club, Mk18 and CQBR are thataway

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By jwill242004:

Oops my bad
View Quote

lol wrong upper! post lower only as a "build"! lollll

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Huh?  Sposed2b BH...
Page / 1196
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top