Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1196
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

I doubt we'd see surplus Mk12 parts.

If they cut up old and new Interceptor vests and demil Humvees prior to sale....I'd bet all you'd get from surplus Mk12's is steel and aluminum chunks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Originally Posted By ankratz:

+87

Silver lining: Will the public see surplus uppers? (You know someone in the system loves them as we do)

DRMO, at least that's what I'm seeing from the old NSN listings. I have this feeling if the uppers ever got out, they would likely be given as gifts or something, maybe supply guys strike em off the list and they could be given for retirement, or to guys that really liked them? Outside the PRI batch that were sold and original Maj Jiga rifles as seen here, I doubt we are going to ever see surplus Mk12 uppers. The Marines are notorious for continually rebuilding whatever we get handed down, and with future budget cuts I wouldn't be surprised if the bits of Mod 1's keep getting reused for match rifles or something. But the early SPRs had some durability issues, so there is also the issue that many have already been decommissioned/DRMO/broken up.

Any thoughts from our "informants"?

As per ATF, once a machine gun, always a machine gun.  Guns would more then likely will get parted out and demilled.  I know we were told the Mk48 7.62mm lightweight MGs we shipped back from Astan to Crane were to get demilled and not put in storage.

CD

I doubt we'd see surplus Mk12 parts.

If they cut up old and new Interceptor vests and demil Humvees prior to sale....I'd bet all you'd get from surplus Mk12's is steel and aluminum chunks.

Yep. I've seen demilled M16's, they even chop the BCG into 3 pieces.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a travesty to demill... Yes. But just think of all the firearms that have already been demilled over the years.. You know what the shame is... The government could probably get back the full cost and then some if they were to say auction stuff off to legal owners just like the rest of government property has to be sold... By auction.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCM308] [#3]
It's understandable to demill grenade launchers and heavy duty stuff but if a dude wants to buy an M9 pistol or a 1911, WTF is wrong with that? It's not classified technology and it just money down the drain to demill...

And somehow... Parts always leak before the torches are lit... And that shit runs big money when it's on the streets
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MCM308:
It's understandable to demill grenade launchers and heavy duty stuff but if a dude wants to buy an M9 pistol or a 1911, WTF is wrong with that? It's not classified technology and it just money down the drain to demill...

And somehow... Parts always leak before the torches are lit... And that shit runs big money when it's on the streets
View Quote

There has been a longstanding law or regulation regarding selling "weapons of war" to civillians. Aircraft, tanks, you name it. All which easily can be stripped of active armaments, yet are unavailable anyways because Congress.

There is no practical reason that full parts kits should not be made available via the CMP. If the MG lower and sear are the controlled MG bits, the rest should still be protected by the framework of the CMP. Same goes for M14s.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
After careful consideration..... And some motivation from watching Lone Survivor, imma get the AEM5 can and then get my Osprey 45 can....

Now what to sell to get the AEM5.... I do have a DD RIS II FDE that would get me a pretty penny....
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Big brown truck dropped her off today!  PRi did a nice job with the packing so it arrived snug as a bug with a PRi Mk12 Mod0 T-shirt to boot.  They also threw in a 10rd mag as well.  

Next step is to build a lower and decide which stock I want to go with.  For now I borrowed a RRA lower from another rifle which has an ERGO grip and a stock similar to the SOPMOD so I have a idea of what it looks and feels like in that confg but still might go with the A1.   However, a collapsible stock would be handy for fitting it in some of the cases I already have...

The only thing I'd like to change about this upper is the rear sight, as it comes with a PRi model and it would be a quick upgrade to get it a step closer to "correct".   I'm not sure which ARMS #40 it is supposed to be.  Is it the #40L or #40L "same plane"?

Test fire target from PRi:

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#7]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Big brown truck dropped her off today!  PRi did a nice job with the packing so it arrived snug as a bug with a PRi Mk12 Mod0 T-shirt to boot.  They also threw in a 10rd mag as well.  

Next step is to build a lower and decide which stock I want to go with.  For now I borrowed a RRA lower from another rifle which has an ERGO grip and a stock similar to the SOPMOD so I have a idea of what it looks and feels like in that confg but still might go with the A1.   However, a collapsible stock would be handy for fitting it in some of the cases I already have...

The only thing I'd like to change about this upper is the rear sight, as it comes with a PRi model and it would be a quick upgrade to get it a step closer to "correct".   I'm not sure which ARMS #40 it is supposed to be.  Is it the #40L or #40L "same plane"?

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/618Tguy/IMG_20150601_171420401_zpsam0hqsdt.jpg  
View Quote

Congrats on the upper.  The #40L is incorrect.  It's the standard #40. Either the #40 stand alone,  or the STD A2 are correct.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, thanks.  I saw some pics in this thread with the #40L and didn't notice other pics had the #40.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/618Tguy/IMG_20150601_171420401_zpsam0hqsdt.jpg  
View Quote

Test target..you post a picture of the test target...

EPIC facepalm....

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
All this talk of de-milling... There's no difference in a surplus Mk12 upper that saw combat and a civvy Mk12 upper that saw combat as a bring-over. Big .gov just loves to impose regulations and waste money. This show could be run so much more efficiently it's not even fucking funny.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
All this talk of de-milling... There's no difference in a surplus Mk12 upper that saw combat and a civvy Mk12 upper that saw combat as a bring-over. Big .gov just loves to impose regulations and waste money. This show could be run so much more efficiently it's not even fucking funny.
View Quote

Well there is a slight differenceand that's who built it. I agree though, waste is out the Wazoo..and it could be a money making machine instead of waste.

I know how it works, I work for a municipal and the waste is just as bad. I have a 2002 McCormick C70 farm tractor with 700 hours on it that I have no use for. It can be auctioned off and the proceeds rolled into a piece of equipment I can actually use.. You know what I'm told? Let it sit there and rot..too much red tape involved. But I can't get what I need!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#12]
If it's a logical decision or would save tax payer's money, there is a 0.5% chance that the majority of the federal gov't will do it.

Some agencies are better than others, but the derp is strong.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#13]

EPIC facepalm....

View All Quotes

EPIC facepalm....

...and if I post a pic of that upper on a incorrect lower I'm run out of town on a rail.

Can't win with you guys.  Geesh!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]

...and if I post a pic of that upper on a incorrect lower I'm run out of town on a rail.

View All Quotes

EPIC facepalm....

Who said you gotta post a pic attached to the lower....
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Ah, thanks.  I saw some pics in this thread with the #40L and didn't notice other pics had the #40.

Thanks again.

View Quote
If you plan on painting it(which you should), I have a #40 like the first one Hunterex posted, and I'm feeling generous today.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
If you plan on painting it(which you should), I have a #40 like the first one Hunterex posted, and I'm feeling generous today.  
View All Quotes

Thanks again.

To go a step forward. Here's Augee's pic of one on an issued rifle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#17]
For the IUID label group buy that Dan is doing, I'm wondering what would be the appropriate sticker for a Mk12.

First off, have we seen Mk12's ITW with UID stickers?

If we have, what CAGE code and part number? Historically they're M16A1 receivers, yes? But if rebuilt, would we use Colt's or does Crane have a CAGE code?

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Thanks again.

Thanks for the offer, but I plan on leaving it black.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#19]
On a side note...

I need to call in sick tomorrow

The form 4 came in today, it took around 4 months (individual).  Hopefully late this weekend or next I can make it out to the range.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Thanks again.

Pepper your angus for when Utah hears of your treachery
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By KOBK:

On a side note...

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF3118_zpshvqo4a1u.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF3122_zps10dnj534.jpg

The form 4 came in today, it took around 4 months (individual).  Hopefully late this weekend or next I can make it out to the range.
View Quote
Hell yes.
...Just needs some paint.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KOBK:
On a side note...

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/DSCF3118_zpshvqo4a1u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF3118_zpshvqo4a1u.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/DSCF3122_zps10dnj534.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF3122_zps10dnj534.jpg</a>

View Quote

That's awesome!  Not a bad wait,  either.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks again.
View Quote

I'll probably have an extra one here pretty soon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Found what I think I'm looking for, but still want to confirm if Mk12's have UID labels on them---I can't recall a pic with one on it.

Mk12 Mod.0
CAGE 53711   (Naval Sea Systems Command)
Part#  7614373
SN XXXXXXX

Mk12 Mod.1
Part#  7614374
SN XXXXXXX
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Found what I think I'm looking for, but still want to confirm if Mk12's have UID labels on them---I can't recall a pic with one on it.

Mk12 Mod.0

Part#  7614373

SN XXXXXXX

Mk12 Mod.1

Part#  7614374

SN XXXXXXX

View Quote

UID labels are fairly new. Mk12s are old and don't have them. I've never seen any with one, unless the upper was swapped to an M4/M4A1/M16 lower
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Visited the AEM5 in the clink today. She looks so black and shiny in the pics but is flat and dark grey in person. No  knurling.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Movistar:
Visited the AEM5 in the clink today. She looks so black and shiny in the pics but is flat and dark grey in person. No  knurling.

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxgnrhuw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxgnrhuw.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrth3f10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrth3f10.jpg</a>
View Quote

Man, that thing is gorgeous.

I don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait for it . . .

When did you start your Form 4?

Did you have to Form 3 it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I may have missed this long ago but does anyone know the reasoning why Ops Inc is now Allen Engineering?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RadOP:
I may have missed this long ago but does anyone know the reasoning why Ops Inc is now Allen Engineering?
View Quote

Allen Eng acrually made the Ops cans. Ops itself is defunct, death of the owner I believe?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Allen Eng acrually made the Ops cans. Ops itself is defunct, death of the owner I believe?
View All Quotes

Defunct and dead....that'll do it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:58:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#31]

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Movistar] [#32]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxgnrhuw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmxgnrhuw.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/Fivejackmans/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrth3f10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmrth3f10.jpg</a>

Bought from Adco in stock on 4/2/15 F3 to my SOT cleared 5/24, arrived 5/28 at the dealer. F4 mailed today.

Eta: Dan I'll trade you my shiny new AEM5 for your rusty beat up 12th??? Thrown In the NT4 and the M110 can and you've got a deal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Interesting.  Glad I got mine when I did.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Bought from Adco in stock on 4/2/15 F3 to my SOT cleared 5/24, arrived 5/28 at the dealer. F4 mailed today.
View All Quotes

Man, that F3 cleared FAST!

Good. Maybe mine will do the same.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's a fun fact; when I opened the box, included with it was a collar for it (with a set screw I can use for my Looooong collar from Combat Diver). I wasn't expecting it to come with anything.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's a fun fact; when I opened the box, included with it was a collar for it (with a set screw I can use for my Looooong collar from Combat Diver). I wasn't expecting it to come with anything.
View Quote

The start of a Holland!?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadOP] [#37]

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/20150601_214518_001_zpsa609qiwl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/20150601_214518_001_zpsa609qiwl.jpg</a>

View All Quotes

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/20150601_214518_001_zpsa609qiwl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/20150601_214518_001_zpsa609qiwl.jpg</a>

Get out of here Dan.  Yours doesn't say 12th model, not as cool.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#38]

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/rcmartin1/image.jpg1_zpsdqhfrnag.jpg

View All Quotes

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/Fivejackmans/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsngwbx91a.jpg

Neither did the one on my Mk12 (read, not clone)
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Daaaaaaaaaangit.  Now give me your NT4

In other news I got challenged to a MK12 Mod1 build challenge by another buddy in the industry.  Thank god for KAC sending us both rails.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#40]
evolution:

Ops Inc Shingletown CA
Ops Inc Browns Valley CA
Allen Engineering Browns Valley CA
Allen Engineering Sparks NV

At least mine was made in a free state?????
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#41]

In other news I got challenged to a MK12 Mod1 build challenge by another buddy in the industry.  Thank god for KAC sending us both rails.  
View All Quotes

Man, tough life, eh?

I look forward to pics.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#42]
[b]Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049

Man, tough life, eh?

I look forward to pics.
View Quote

Very tough, all you bastards buying MP2s and Flatpacks is keeping me from having any fun lately.  
Hard part is deciding if I'm going to go with a Sopmod stock configuration or A2.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Very tough, all you bastards buying MP2s and Flatpacks is keeping me from having any fun lately.  
Hard part is deciding if I'm going to go with a Sopmod stock configuration or A2.  
View All Quotes

Man, tough life, eh?

I look forward to pics.

I love my A1, but keep coming back to the SOPMOD. So much more versatile.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#44]
evolution:

Ops Inc Shingletown CA
Ops Inc Browns Valley CA
Allen Engineering Browns Valley CA
Allen Engineering Sparks NV

At least mine was made in a free state?????
View Quote

Damn, Browns valley is a stones throw from me. I should open Ops Inc back up and charge you mother fuckers 5K a pop.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Man, tough life, eh?

I look forward to pics.

That's what I'm thinking.. but for the challenge I may stray to the A1.
To stay on topic last pic of my mod0 from my work Instagram account
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:22:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049] [#46]

Hard part is deciding if I'm going to go with a Sopmod stock configuration or A2 A1.  
View All Quotes

Man, tough life, eh?

I look forward to pics.

Hard part is deciding if I'm going to go with a Sopmod stock configuration or A2 A1.  

Haha, 1st world problems, man. Sounds like Travis is cracking the whip.

Oh, and FIFY
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone here have an extra ARMS #17 "non lever stop" in good/exc condition that they don't need or know of where I can acquire one? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Anyone here have an extra ARMS #17 "non lever stop" in good/exc condition that they don't need or know of where I can acquire one? Thanks!
View Quote

Really? This is your "I'm back" speech?

If it doesn't have to be non lever stop I have a hook on a ton of 17s. I think they all have stops tho
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I might have one at work.  I know I pulled one but didn't check for lever stop or not.  I'll look in the morning when I get in.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

If it doesn't have to be non lever stop I have a hook on a ton of 17s. I think they all have stops tho
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Sadly I'm still here at lovely 29 Palms till Friday ):

I have a bunch of #17 but none of them are non lever stop ):

I got hold of a few new toys while I'm out here but those belong in the CQBR threads :p
Page / 1196
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top