User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dayphotog] [#1]
mine

I kind of want to replace the rail and maybe change the optic to a more SPR role

not sure on those changes....but I have a can pending right now
Rainier arms zombie lower, stainless mid length upper, trijicon 1-4, Larue mount, and troy rail. OD furniture
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#2]

I'm shit at taking reticle pics, but the FC-2 is really startin' to grow on me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Sick. Live the rail and optic and the look. Nice pics.

I wanna paint em......but i kike em black too. Utah, i have a dilemma!!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome combo!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You're talk'n to the wrong dude about paint dilemmas.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

well, it's gotta be done. it has to. doesn't matter what I want, it's what the rifle wants lol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]

well, it's gotta be done. it has to. doesn't matter what I want, it's what the rifle wants lol.
View All Quotes

Hell yeah.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSG665] [#8]
Have Blue...Is this the Leupold Mark AR 3-9?If so how do you like it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#9]
Can I play in this thread with my virtual recce/recon?

This is my idea of a recon, constructed in the Gunstruction app. Since the type is open to interpretation, I take it to be an M4 built for the occasional precision shot instead of vice-versa. Basically the kind of rifle you'd use in a rural combat scenario but could use to clear the barn of zombies if you had to.

I have a BCM 16" SS410 upper that I'll be building into something like this over the next couple years. Going to shoot out my two current guns first though (famous last words).

Here's a link to it in the GS app or there are pictures below: BCM Recon (16" SS410 mid-length)

...and with some cool Magpul covers and a Harris for range fun...

I know most like a >11" rail, but I like that length as it covers the gas block and I don't hold the gun very far out on the grip ala Magpul style. GS has it at just under 9lbs without the bipod. Open to thoughts if anyone has any.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By SSG665:

View Quote

if you want a Simple, Clear, super light mil dot with awesome turrets and repeatability, get it. I WANT a 1-4 for the RECCE look, but the 3-9 fits my 3-500m shooting much better.  for $250 @ Cabelas I couldn't pass it up. This is my first Leupy.

If I tape it off and lay down a coat of tan, I can't go back...........lemme see what happens....lol
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]

if you want a Simple, Clear, super light mil dot with awesome turrets and repeatability, get it. I WANT a 1-4 for the RECCE look, but the 3-9 fits my 3-500m shooting much better.  for $250 @ Cabelas I couldn't pass it up. This is my first Leupy.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SSG665:

If I tape it off and lay down a coat of tan, I can't go back...........lemme see what happens....lol

You won't wanna go back. It'll look boss, OAF even if you are not.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Figured I would try the CTR for a while. Wanna get settled on a setup before it warms up enough to paint.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like the CTR.. I feel like the SOPMOD and ACS etc make me tilt my head when I get a good cheeckweld. Maybe it's cause of my narrow face haha.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Ran out of tan. Base coat looks awesome tho. I am soooooooooo glad the rifle made me do this

Im going to a craft shop to get fern stencils and some moar Paint.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Ran out of tan. Base coat looks awesome tho. I am soooooooooo glad the rifle made me do this

View Quote

Im going to a craft shop to get fern stencils and some moar Paint.

Get after it! But remember, it only starts looking good once it gets beat up and worn off from use.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Done and dun. Cant wait for it to wear in

I like it lighter than darker. Too dark and its muddied and blah.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
What bipod?  Looking for something just like that for mine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

What bipod?  Looking for something just like that for mine.
View Quote

Cabelas Blackhawk special. I stopped buying harris when blackhawk and caldwell started making decent reps. I stole the leg clips off my BR harris tho lol.

The mount is actually a trick of mine. Its a PEQ-4 mount with a bolt washer and lock washer from the motorpool bolt bin holdong it to the bipod. Its so 45b McGuyver that i have used it since 2008 on my rigs haha. You could get a QD PEQ-4 mount if u want.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#19]
<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s7.postimg.org/m5d21efgr/20141221_183206.jpg</a>free photo upload

Done and dun. Cant wait for it to wear in

I like it lighter than darker. Too dark and its muddied and blah.

View Quote

That turned out very nice
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#20]

The mount is actually a trick of mine. Its a PEQ-4 mount with a bolt washer and lock washer from the motorpool bolt bin holdong it to the bipod. Its so 45b McGuyver that i have used it since 2008 on my rigs haha.
View Quote

45b McGuyver
Rifle turned out awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#21]
THX guys! I just went back over it with more dark OD and regular green to tone down the tan highlights (pics are make it look lighter than in real life). I usually do the paint, then wait, then go back and do detail work. I used stencils of plants from JoAnn Fabricks. like $6 for two plastic sheets. no more live plants to fight with!

I'm really really pleased with this one. I kept the contrasting colors light :). Oh yeah, I also condensed my range car to the flip cap (Finally).

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:06:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: minion42] [#22]
Wow, that is one nice setup, even if it is more SPR-ish, IMO.

What's it weigh?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah i want a 1-4 to get it back to proper RECCE style in the future. Leupy mark AR 1-4 MOD 1 or a PST 1-4. Just gotta save up. I call it SPRECCE lol.

It is about 8.5lbs on the bathroom scale. Light for what it has on it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Close with the ACOG on the Recon.  With Mark's outstanding mount.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Great looking weapon! Does anyone besides me think a 4-10X ACOG would be awesome? I know they make a variable power now - has anyone tried it? I am hoping this next year to finally buy an ACOG.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Morg308:

Great looking weapon! Does anyone besides me think a 4-10X ACOG would be awesome? I know they make a variable power now - has anyone tried it? I am hoping this next year to finally buy an ACOG.
View Quote
I think a VCOG in the 1-8x range would be quite excellent.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#28]
does anyone know what scope I can get that has BDC or something? i think my accuppnt has to go soon because I can't see the triangle too well anymore. I'd sell it and use the money to buy a new one of course.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bravo42:
does anyone know what scope I can get that has BDC or something? i think my accuppnt has to go soon because I can't see the triangle too well anymore. I'd sell it and use the money to buy a new one of course.
View Quote

I picked up a Vortex  HD RAZOR II 1-6x. It has yet to come but there are models with BDC's or MOA or Mil has marks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Was able to get this thing out to 500 today. Did great, although at 500 the light weight m193 had trouble with the 10kt crosswind.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By rksonex:

Was able to get this thing out to 500 today. Did great, although at 500 the light weight m193 had trouble with the 10kt crosswind.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7540/15928568557_16a1acb846_h.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8619/16113578292_488b3a961b_h.jpg

View Quote
What scope is that?

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I threw 150rnds today. 1-500m. I was pissing off clay birds all the way out. I tried some of that Israeli 55gr 5.56 and its about 2moa for me
Great for cheap ammo. The 77gr stuff is much better for the first time go on the clays tho. I like to know what both do. Zero wind today, maybe 3clicks on my windage max all day.i was there in the prone for hours :). I swapped out to a springco blue and opened the SLR gas block out a click: had some weak chambering signs. Runs great!

Im calling it SPRECCE now lol. what a bastard child with a 3-9x. I was having issues before with zero shift, but after i redid the GB and scope position it seems to have stopped. 5-shot group was 1moa @100m dead center. Very happy with it. It's "finished".

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 7:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#33]
Originally Posted By hawkeye180:
What scope is that?

View All Quotes

What scope is that?

Primary Arms 1-6 gen2.

Very happy with it so far, tracking is right on and the glass is really good for the price. Might eventually be replaced with something like a Vortex Razor HD2 when I feel like spending the cash for one, but it works great for now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I threw 150rnds today. 1-500m. I was pissing off clay birds all the way out. I tried some of that Israeli 55gr 5.56 and its about 2moa for me Great for cheap ammo. The 77gr stuff is much better for the first time go on the clays tho. I like to know what both do. Zero wind today, maybe 3clicks on my windage max all day.i was there in the prone for hours :). I swapped out to a springco blue and opened the SLR gas block out a click: had some weak chambering signs. Runs great!

Im calling it SPRECCE now lol. what a bastard child with a 3-9x. I was having issues before with zero shift, but after i redid the GB and scope position it seems to have stopped. 5-shot group was 1moa @100m dead center. Very happy with it. It's "finished".

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s29.postimg.org/5qnp3tkgn/IMG_20141226_150535.jpg</a>
image hosting over 5mb
View Quote

I spy Black Hills.  Nice.  Glad you are happy now!!!!!!  It looks good.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah i want a 1-4 to get it back to proper RECCE style in the future. Leupy mark AR 1-4 MOD 1 or a PST 1-4. Just gotta save up. I call it SPRECCE lol.

View Quote

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?  8.5 lbs with the bipod and glass on it?  Color impressed.  In fact, I'm skeptical.  But then again, your barrel might be lighter than mine.  I think mine is like 9.5 with the bipod.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Primary Arms 1-6 gen2.

Very happy with it so far, tracking is right on and the glass is really good for the price. Might eventually be replaced with something like a Vortex Razor HD2 when I feel like spending the cash for one, but it works great for now.
View All Quotes

What scope is that?

Primary Arms 1-6 gen2.

Nice, I just ordered one of those too!  I will put it on my rifle and post in this thread when I get it next week.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By JJREA:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?  8.5 lbs with the bipod and glass on it?  Color impressed.  In fact, I'm skeptical.  But then again, your barrel might be lighter than mine.  I think mine is like 9.5 with the bipod.
View All Quotes

We have a postal scale @ work (gun shop LOLLL). I will bring it in with full kit and weigh it for ya. The barrel is nice and handy with the medcon weight :)

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#38]

SPECS:
- Mega ambi lower with custom laser engraving
- VLTOR VIS monolithic upper, ceracoated green
- BCM carbine 14.5" lightweight 5.56, with pinned BCM Mod 1
- WMD NiB-X coated Upper Receiver, BCG, and Raptor CH
- WMD NiB-X coated mil-spec FCG
- Primary Arms 1-6X ACSS on ADM mount
- Magpul CTR and MOE+ grip

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#39]
We have a postal scale @ work (gun shop LOLLL). I will bring it in with full kit and weigh it for ya. The barrel is nice and handy with the medcon weight :)  
View All Quotes

If it is only 8.5, that's not bad at all for a precision gun all decked out.  Nice.  Heck, even 9.5 isn't bad.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#40]

If it is only 8.5, that's not bad at all for a precision gun all decked out.  Nice.  Heck, even 9.5 isn't bad.
View All Quotes

9.3lbs no mag/sling but everything else.

10.0 lbs 20rnd lancer and MS3 sling and QD swivels, full boogie kit

I guess my bathroom scale was a lb under lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#41]

View Quote

8.5 is pretty crazy. Unloaded, mine is currently 9.8lbs with bipod, sling and WML.
ETA: 9.3lbs sounds better.

20rds of 77gr FGMM @100yds = 1.901"

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morg308:

THIS!
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

8.5 is pretty crazy. Unloaded, mine is currently 9.8lbs with bipod, sling and WML.

ETA: 9.3lbs sounds better.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7480/15935778849_7397561c62_h.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7492/15934427338_6287870098_h.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7476/15934426848_9c334b4a46_h.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7502/15502139783_a3ba7a411a_h.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8631/15499517584_28a835d207_h.jpg

20rds of 77gr FGMM @100yds = 1.901"

nice backyard! good group too. man I'd have lil swinger targets all over that berm!

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#44]

nice backyard! good group too. man I'd have lil swinger targets all over that berm!  
View All Quotes

<snip>

Oh, if it were mine, that's exactly what I would do.

The place belongs to an older gentleman that doesn't mind me making a little noise on the weekend.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#45]
I just finished up on the Recce build. The VORTEX Viper PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA scope and VORTEX/American Defense RECON 30mm mount arrived this afternoon. Here are a couple quick pics. Tomorrow it will go to the range, weather permitting.

Here are the specs.

Upper Receiver:
New Frontier Armory Billet Upper Receiver (TGD Firearms)
Radical Firearms 16" Mid Length Barrel - 1:7 Twist - SOCOM Contour - QPQ Melonite
Smith & Wesson Enhanced Enhanced Flash Hider
AIM Surplus NiB M16 BCG
Odin Works Low Profile Gas Block (.750)
DS Arms Mid-length Gas Tube w/ Armalite Roll Pin
BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 charging handle
Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK Series One Piece Free Float Handguard, 15-inch Rifle (MI-SSM-15) (black)
MAGPUL MBUS Gen 2 Front & Rear Flip-up Sights (black)
Harris Bipod BRM
MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount
VORTEX VIPER PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA scope
VORTEX/American Defense RECON-X 30mm QD mount

Lower Receiver:
C3 Defense Billet Lower Receiver
Geissele SSA Trigger
MAGPUL B.A.D Lever - Battery Assist Device
MAGPUL Trigger Guard (black)
BCM Stock Mounting Kit (Mil-Spec)
LaRue Tactical R.A.T. Stock (black)
LaRue Tactical A-PEG Pistol Grip (textured, black)
KNS Precision Gen 2 Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins (Standard)
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Let us know how the radical barrel shoots.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Let us know how the radical barrel shoots.
View Quote

I have already shot it as of two weeks ago. Performs very well @ 50 yards. I zeroed my BUISs the same day. Tomorrow, I zero the scope and have a little bit of fun @100 yards. I am looking to get about 1.5MOA (+/-) on average. That is about the best my eyes will allow me these days.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#48]
I think this meets the definition and criteria.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn you guys have some heavy recces! No bipod on this one but it's about as heavy as I want it to be.

I'll have to throw the Mk6 on the Mod Holland and see where it comes in at, I'd bet it's closing in on 10#
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Damn you guys have some heavy recces! No bipod on this one but it's about as heavy as I want it to be.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/0AB406D8-76B3-4D00-A818-6DB470A0EF14_zpsua58ymoh.jpg

I'll have to throw the Mk6 on the Mod Holland and see where it comes in at, I'd bet it's closing in on 10#
View Quote

Is that the SR15? That's pretty light.
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top