User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a heads up OP.....

THIS MEMBER has had multiple ads for detachable CHs recently. Legit and affordable.

Eta: (Hopefully you'll have no need).
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad I found this. In the market for a KAC 99051 front sight and he has new black ones at a decent price. Probably would have ordered if it was a normal site where I could just ad to cart, glad I didn’t buy.

Could have worked out but I’ll keep my eye on other retailers and the EE and maybe spend a few $ more. Even if it did work out did me, do t want to support retailers who’ve screwed others over.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok. Carry handle was in the mailbox when I got home.

Quick inspection shows its in the condition he described, serviceable with dings, finish wear on the knobs and rear sight components. Keyhole 9 (Cerro forge), anodized, font and spacing of UP and DN look right, font of 6/3 look right, "x" staked thumbnuts, forging flash inside handle and the forward facing side of the small aperture is marked C-3.

While it's impossible to be sure this came off a Colt what I see so far makes it very likely.

I need to take the rear sight apart and check for markings under the rear sight leaf spring and inspect it very closely but what I recieved IS in the condition SAC described and in my opinion most likely a Colt.

I'll take some pics and post them up a little later.

At this point barring any discovery of something that convinces me this is not at the very least USGI I am satisfied with my transaction with SAC. I also paid far less than the $90.00 they are asking on the site.

However after what I've been reading and have been told privately I may have just been lucky or due to my comms being so specific about the pic of the handle on their site and what I would expect to find on a Colt handle they did actually hand pick one for me to avoid an issue.

Unfortunately even though it appears my box was not "full of disappointment" after everything I've learned about SAC I don't think I would roll the dice with my money on anything other than small inexpensive items in the future.

I'll post up pics later when I hit the workbench to take it apart and clean/grease it up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok. Carry handle was in the mailbox when I got home.

Quick inspection shows its in the condition he described, serviceable with dings, finish wear on the knobs and rear sight components. Keyhole 9 (Cerro forge), anodized, font and spacing of UP and DN look right, font of 6/3 look right, "x" staked thumbnuts, forging flash inside handle and the forward facing side of the small aperture is marked C-3.

While it's impossible to be sure this came off a Colt what I see so far makes it very likely.

I need to take the rear sight apart and check for markings under the rear sight leaf spring and inspect it very closely but what I recieved IS in the condition SAC described and in my opinion most likely a Colt.

I'll take some pics and post them up a little later.

At this point barring any discovery of something that convinces me this is not at the very least USGI I am satisfied with my transaction with SAC. I also paid far less than the $90.00 they are asking on the site.

However after what I've been reading and have been told privately I may have just been lucky or due to my comms being so specific about the pic of the handle on their site and what I would expect to find on a Colt handle they did actually hand pick one for me to avoid an issue.

Unfortunately even though it appears my box was not "full of disappointment" after everything I've learned about SAC I don't think I would roll the dice with my money on anything other than small inexpensive items in the future.

I'll post up pics later when I hit the workbench to take it apart and clean/grease it up.
View Quote

Good deal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just a heads up OP.....

THIS MEMBER has had multiple ads for detachable CHs recently. Legit and affordable.

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.

I just posted before I saw there was a page 2. Got the handle form SAC today and a guick inspection shows its in the condition he described and could be a Colt. I say could because there is no way to be 100% sure but the features, font, etc. are what I would expect to see on an older Colt carry handle. I'll post pics a little later and let everyone judge for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.

I just posted before I saw there was a page 2. Got the handle form SAC today and a guick inspection shows its in the condition he described and could be a Colt. I say could because there is no way to be 100% sure but the features, font, etc. are what I would expect to see on an older Colt carry handle. I'll post pics a little later and let everyone judge for themselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a heads up OP.....

Thanks for the heads up.

As I mentioned yesterday or the day before, I’ve never had a bad experience with Chris/shark arms, but man, I read a lot of those other articles about the Chinese ‘Colt A2 stocks’. Wow!
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. Here's some pics. It's been a long day so taking it apart and seeing what's under the rear sight aperture spring will have to wait till tomorrow. Was described to me as Colt, dings and scratches on anodizing from storage, finish on thumbnuts and rear sight assembly worn with scratches as well.

Font and spacing of the UP and DN, font of the 6/3, thumbnut staking, flash inside handle, "x" staking for thumbnuts and the black with ever so slight gray tint seem to be correct for an older production Colt.

What do you think?

Now here's the things I'm not a fan of. Rear sight assembly (especially the windage knob) seem considerably more worn than handle. The rear sight assembly is also sitting very crooked and this is because it leans rearward. You can see it in one of the below pics.However this may just be from wear or poor machining. Lastly the elevation AND windage drum seem to have been grabbed with pliers. Also the roll pins for the sight assembly and windage knob have obviously been removed and put back in with the wrong punch. Perhaps the knobs were stuck at some point and someone broke them loose with pliers? Roll pins definitely show this sight assembly has been removed/disassembled at some point.

Just realized I didn't get close ups of the roll pins but they are hammered and mushroomed.

I was told in advance of the wear so that's not really an issue. Overall it's as described and possibly Colt. I can't say for sure cause the only way to identify a Colt 100% is to get it from Colt. In the back of my head I'm wondering if I've ever seen a numbered Cerro Forge handle with the old Colt spaced UP and DN sight housing.

In any case I'll let yall be the judge. Worth $90.00. No. Like I'd stated earlier I paid considerably less.

Regardless of my experience I can not say SAC is gtg. Both here in this thread and elsewhere I've seen too many people get screwed. I would buy small inexpensive parts from SAC but I wouldn't take the risk on anything more than that.

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok. Here's some pics. It's been a long day so taking it apart and seeing what's under the rear sight aperture spring will have to wait till tomorrow. Was described to me as Colt, dings and scratches on anodizing from storage, finish on thumbnuts and rear sight assembly worn with scratches as well.

Font and spacing of the UP and DN, font of the 6/3, thumbnut staking, flash inside handle, "x" staking for thumbnuts and the black with ever so slight gray tint seem to be correct for an older production Colt.

What do you think?

https://i.imgur.com/SJLiQ0U.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ieZOOu0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/zCaqBqp.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/XGMb7IY.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/3iXRxQx.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/G2PVFir.jpeg

Now here's the things I'm not a fan of. Rear sight assembly (especially the windage knob) seem considerably more worn than handle. The rear sight assembly is also sitting very crooked and this is because it leans rearward. You can see it in one of the below pics.However this may just be from wear or poor machining. Lastly the elevation drum seems to have been grabbed with pliers and roll pins for the sight assembly and windage knob have obviously been removed and put back in with the wrong punch. Perhaps the elevation knob was stuck at some point and someonebroke it loose with pliers? Roll pins definitely show this sight assembly has been removed/disassembled at some point.

https://i.imgur.com/tYj6nGY.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/ayIRaT8.jpeg

Just realized I didn't get close ups of the roll pins but they are hammered and mushroomed.

Overall it's as described and possibly Colt. I can't say for sure cause the only way to identify a Colt 100% is to get it from Colt. In the back of my head I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a numbered Cerro Forge handle with the old Colt spaced UP and DN sight housing.

In any case I'll let yall be the judge. Worth $90.00. No. Like I'd stated earlier I paid considerably less.

Regardless of my experience I can not say SAC is gtg. Both here in this thread and elsewhere I've seen too many people get screwed. I would buy small inexpensive parts from SAC but I wouldn't take the risk on anything more than that.

View Quote

That's got all proper markings and is legit but the condition is poor for what you paid in my opinion. In your situation I'd just be happy I received an authentic USGI CH and chalk the price up to a learning experience.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's got all proper markings and is legit but the condition is poor for what you paid in my opinion. In your situation I'd just be happy I received an authentic USGI CH and chalk the price up to a learning experience.
View Quote

After what I've learned I do feel like I lucked out. I did not pay 90 bucks for this though. I got a discounted price as part of the "first time customer" thing. I definitely would not feel so lucky if I'd paid $90.00 and this showed up. I probably still paid a little more than what it's worth but yes, I'm definitely chalking this up as a learning experience.

Here's my handle (bottom) vs. a milspec one my buddy lent me for irons shooting at the range (top) till I got my own. He paid $50.00 for from a guy on another forum and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like recent production Colt. It's definitely in far better condition. Only reason I didn't get one from the same guy he did is they were long gone.

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Clyde Armory has Colt carry handles in brown wrappers for $130.00. I havent bought one so cant vouch for it.

I did pick up one in a sealed clear Colt labeled bag for the same price. Packaging can be easily faked but Clyde has never had that reputation.

https://clydearmory.com/colt-carry-handle/

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I dealt with Chris from SAC was about 2 years ago when he had the NOS KAC 99167 rails as surplus. The 2 I bought in hindsight seems like a good purchase considering the current state of affairs. Not sure on his sources of product but it seems to be declining from the days of colt NOS c marked keyhole uppers with colt bcg for ~250-270, which is when I started buying clone parts.

The salad days.

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

After what I've learned I do feel like I lucked out. I did not pay 90 bucks for this though. I got a discounted price as part of the "first time customer" thing. I definitely would not feel so lucky if I'd paid $90.00 and this showed up. I probably still paid a little more than what it's worth but yes, I'm definitely chalking this up as a learning experience.

Here's my handle (bottom) vs. a milspec one my buddy lent me for irons shooting at the range (top) till I got my own. He paid $50.00 for from a guy on another forum and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like recent production Colt. It's definitely in far better condition. Only reason I didn't get one from the same guy he did is they were long gone.

https://i.imgur.com/6uKX7vZ.jpeg
View Quote

He's got them listed as " Colt surplus carry handles, just in, @ $75+ship".

Judging by his pics, you got exactly what he's advertising....in this case.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He's got them listed as " Colt surplus carry handles, just in, @ $75+ship".

Judging by his pics, you got exactly what he's advertising....in this case.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20221018-042359_Samsung_Inter-2567130.JPG

View Quote

Hmmm. They were $90.00 shipped last week.

In any case judging by your pic yes, I got exactly what he described to me and whats in your pic.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Top notch company
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m glad you got what you ordered and in the condition advertised. Hopefully threads like this keep his feet to the fire to do right by the people who take the risk of ordering from him.

As for the wear on the sight itself, that isn’t uncommon. Especially the elevation knob. Those get dented, scuffed and worn really fast on duty rifles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad you didn't get SACd ??
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Seeing as how this thread seems to be coming to a close I figured I'd show the carry handle after cleaning, lubricating and touching it up with some cold blue and aluminum black.

It actually looks pretty good for its age. I am 99% sure it's Colt. It's an exact match to a numbered Cerro Forge handle that came on my friends mid 2000s Colt Law Enforcement Carbine. The UP and DN spacing, font of the numbers,  forge flash on the inside of the handle, the rounded slope of the rear below the sight assembly, etc.

I guess when I factor in the discounted price and 2 day delivery I am satisfied with this purchase. Had I paid $90.00 as advertised I would not feel the same.

My verdict after this experience and seeing what others have gone through is I agree with many who have replied here, I lucked out.

Right now I would probably buy small inexpensive parts from SAC but would not roll the dice on something expensive like a receiver or barrel or a "FN" buttstock assembly, etc.

It seems like SAC used to be top notch but has gone downhill the past years. I feel like if they were just honest about condition and took care of customers when there was an issue they could still be as great as I felt they were after my interaction with them. If they are selling parts that are worn they should just say so. People will still buy worn Colt and USGI parts. If something arrives broken just swap it out. Don't sell questionable items like the "FN" buttstocks.

Well that's it for me. I hope this thread has helped others. I also hope SAC gets their shite together because they treated me great but it seems that's not how it goes every time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#18]
https://sharkarms.com/f/colt-parts-new-policies-and-more

This is where the shit show started to gain momentum.....

Now let me bring this up tho I don't want to IM going to, we had some confusion with some of our ads on the Colt BCGS and Bolts which some customers said hey I was expecting this in better shape or I was expecting it to be different and its not for me refund me and my shipping/ So first off guys if your our customer for awhile you know I will do my best for you 1000% I try to make myself ALWAYS available for a call, email or text hands down, but if there is nothing wrong with the parts, say your expectations were different or whatever the case, I need to come up with a better system that works best for both parties involved, I don't want you having a part from us you don't want or don't need so excuse some of the changes ILL be making here in the future its a trial period to see if it works and if I like it.

Right after THIS

NOS that was not. Many pics of the far from New bolts  posted here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Screw Shark Arms. I had bought a few small items from there in the past (a carry handle, and a few of the NSN blueforce slings) but he screwed me on an m4 side swivel a month or so ago. He advertised these things as USGI military units and the photo on his website shows the real deal with military cage codes clearly visible on them - I paid him $50 for that thing thinking it was what he advertised. When I received it, the piece came in a plastic bag with an RRA sticker on it and the part had a number on it corresponding to RRA. This is a commercial unit - not USGI - and I could have just bought it from RRA directly for less than $30 here:

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1572

When I brought this up to him, he did not respond. Furthermore, when he shipped it out, he actually only sent half of the thing to me - no "outer" bar was included - and it took him a good while to send the missing piece to me after a lot of back and forth emailing. Even though I have a functional unit now, it is still a commercial piece and not what I paid for.

I will never buy from Shark Arms again no matter how nice the stuff he is advertising seems to be. If he is willing to screw people on a part as small as a side swivel mount to make a quick buck then I do not feel comfortable placing a more significant order.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Screw Shark Arms. I had bought a few small items from there in the past (a carry handle, and a few of the NSN blueforce slings) but he screwed me on an m4 side swivel a month or so ago. He advertised these things as USGI military units and the photo on his website shows the real deal with military cage codes clearly visible on them - I paid him $50 for that thing thinking it was what he advertised. When I received it, the piece came in a plastic bag with an RRA sticker on it and the part had a number on it corresponding to RRA. This is a commercial unit - not USGI - and I could have just bought it from RRA directly for less than $30 here:

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1572

When I brought this up to him, he did not respond. Furthermore, when he shipped it out, he actually only sent half of the thing to me - no "outer" bar was included - and it took him a good while to send the missing piece to me after a lot of back and forth emailing. Even though I have a functional unit now, it is still a commercial piece and not what I paid for.

I will never buy from Shark Arms again no matter how nice the stuff he is advertising seems to be. If he is willing to screw people on a part as small as a side swivel mount to make a quick buck then I do not feel comfortable placing a more significant order.
View Quote

sounds familiar
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

sounds familiar
View Quote

Unfortunate turn of events. Once upon a time things were so much better.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Screw Shark Arms. I had bought a few small items from there in the past (a carry handle, and a few of the NSN blueforce slings) but he screwed me on an m4 side swivel a month or so ago. He advertised these things as USGI military units and the photo on his website shows the real deal with military cage codes clearly visible on them - I paid him $50 for that thing thinking it was what he advertised. When I received it, the piece came in a plastic bag with an RRA sticker on it and the part had a number on it corresponding to RRA. This is a commercial unit - not USGI - and I could have just bought it from RRA directly for less
View Quote

I only see 2 pics:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Advertised as "new in bag".
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought one of those RRA side sling swivels for $20.00 on sale. New in the bag. I don't know what the deal is but no one who sells these types of parts could mistake an RRA side sling swivel for a genuine USGI unit.

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
They are TOTAL scumbags and did me REALLY dirty on exchange of some USGI A2 parts for a surplus M16A4 upper. What he had agreed to would be a NOS complete upper with KAC M5 Rail and the whole works. What he shipped was a used upper with a Blackhawk rail on it of some sort. Told me it was better than the KAC. By the time it was all said and done, he had all my piles of retro parts, and I had a POS. Trust is not a useful trait.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They are TOTAL scumbags and did me REALLY dirty on exchange of some USGI A2 parts for a surplus M16A4 upper. What he had agreed to would be a NOS complete upper with KAC M5 Rail and the whole works. What he shipped was a used upper with a Blackhawk rail on it of some sort. Told me it was better than the KAC. By the time it was all said and done, he had all my piles of retro parts, and I had a POS. Trust is not a useful trait.
View Quote

man that sucks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is terrible, wtf.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Not surprised in the slightest unfortunately. I’m looking for a couple of aluminum trapdoors for some A2 stocks. His site is the only one that lists that they have them available. I’d rather dip my junk in gasoline and set it on fire before I order from him though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not surprised in the slightest unfortunately. I’m looking for a couple of aluminum trapdoors for some A2 stocks. His site is the only one that lists that they have them available. I’d rather dip my junk in gasoline and set it on fire before I order from him though.
View Quote

@MK318

Save your junk, look here:

https://ar15sport.com/product/gi-take-off-aluminum-replacement-trap-door-butt-altd/

Vendor has been GTG for me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll second that recommendation, Ar15sport has been 100% GTG
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@MK318

https://ar15sport.com/product/gi-take-off-aluminum-replacement-trap-door-butt-altd/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MK318

AR15Sport is good to go, but those haven't been in stock for a long time unfortunately... And they were A1 trap doors.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

AR15Sport is good to go, but those haven't been in stock for a long time unfortunately... And they were A1 trap doors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MK318

Well shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, thanks for looking out though. I’ve been all over trying to find some trap doors for an M16A1 and A2 build.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having just gotten my Colt 6920, I ordered a few items from Shark Arms, before seeing all the negative.  I ordered a USGI Side Sling Swivel, A Colt trigger guard, and a used Matech rear Sight.

I have received all items.

The Matech is as described and completely functional.

The trigger guard is not cage marked, which I already knew, so no way to confirm it is a Colt, but it was a perfect fit on my 6290 with no movement or play after the install.

The Side swivel appears new to me and not like the pictures posted from his website.  I have no sticker saying it is a RRA.  I installed it with no issue and all parts were included.

Is the item number that is listed on RRA website for the Side Sling Swivel, the same number that is on the RRA side swivel itself?  I would like to confirm mine is not a RRA, as I would not happy if that's the case.

I must admit I'm hesitant to order again, after seeing all the negative reviews, and I may have just gotten lucky hopefully.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#34]
My last order from there was for a m5 RAS and some charging handles a few years ago.  

The RAS was as advertised and a very good deal at the time.  Unfortunately there was no charging handles in the package.  The phone call was met with “he personally packed the box and remembered putting them in there”.

It took a while but I did finally get them.  The interaction didn’t really sit well with me and reading reports on here I haven’t been back.  Not sure if I ever will.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm currently at about a year waiting for my money back for a defective barrel I returned that he insisted would be replaced as soon as he got more in stock.

The barrels never materialized and I have had to repeatedly email and hound him about getting it back. As far as excuses go, he's given me plenty.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Having just gotten my Colt 6920, I ordered a few items from Shark Arms, before seeing all the negative.  I ordered a USGI Side Sling Swivel, A Colt trigger guard, and a used Matech rear Sight.

I have received all items.

The Matech is as described and completely functional.

The trigger guard is not cage marked, which I already knew, so no way to confirm it is a Colt, but it was a perfect fit on my 6290 with no movement or play after the install.

The Side swivel appears new to me and not like the pictures posted from his website.  I have no sticker saying it is a RRA.  I installed it with no issue and all parts were included.

Is the item number that is listed on RRA website for the Side Sling Swivel, the same number that is on the RRA side swivel itself?  I would like to confirm mine is not a RRA, as I would not happy if that's the case.

I must admit I'm hesitant to order again, after seeing all the negative reviews, and I may have just gotten lucky hopefully.
View Quote

Colt:

Attachment Attached File

Many USGI subcontracted as well as commercial offerings.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I knew I was not getting a Colt cage code, but I have the same one a pictured in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41EhxLl8pA

I have cage code 83005 mentioned at 3:18 and shown at 7:15.

I am confident what I got from Shark Arms  is a USGI side sling swivel and not a RRA, unless I'm missing something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I knew I was not getting a Colt cage code, but I have the same one a pictured in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41EhxLl8pA

I have cage code 83005 mentioned at 3:18 and shown at 7:15.

I am confident what I got from Shark Arms  is a USGI side sling swivel and not a RRA, unless I'm missing something.
View Quote

You have a USGI Side swivel made by WILSON J G CORP sold by RRA.

Nothing more/Nothing less.

Fwiw, part #s from the TM are:

CLAMP, SYNCHRO (BAR, LOCKING)-12991254
MOUNT, SWIVEL-12598617

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Colt:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/20220902_181033-1_jpg-2582966.JPG

View Quote

I didn’t know Colt was cage code marking them now.
Here’s a pic of an older Colt sling swivel removed from a 6921 upper/barrel

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/1A09A138-49E3-40EE-8FFB-65111B1790C3_jpe-2583055.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/20220902_181033-1_jpg-2582966.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/1A09A138-49E3-40EE-8FFB-65111B1790C3_jpe-2583055.JPG

IIRC, that pic is from ~2017 FONTY.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

MOUNT, SWIVEL-12598617

View Quote

So what I bought is the exact same one from RRA?

Not sure If I should be mad, if RRA's is considered USGI, which is what Sharks Arms advertises.

But I could have saved $20.00 had I known.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not sure If I should be mad, if RRA's is considered USGI, which is what Sharks Arms advertises.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOUNT, SWIVEL-12598617

Yes, yours is USGI. Same part/2 vendors/2 prices.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh shit Tig it’s been a while since I’ve paid attention to Colt sling swivel mounts
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh shit Tig it’s been a while since I’ve paid attention to Colt sling swivel mounts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, for the most part. It was pretty confusing to me when I first started buying them. Colt is strange with the markings, as we all know.

So long as it has a CAGE code to track,  I don't get too concerned personally.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unfortunate turn of events. Once upon a time things were so much better.
View Quote

Yes sir, sure was.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm currently at about a year waiting for my money back for a defective barrel I returned that he insisted would be replaced as soon as he got more in stock.

The barrels never materialized and I have had to repeatedly email and hound him about getting it back. As far as excuses go, he's given me plenty.
View Quote

Man, just sorta hits a little harder when you post once every 4 months!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top