Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 903 of 1572)
Page / 1572
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That sums it up pretty well. I try to type but just end up speechless.

A lot of mix match paddywhack going on there
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

That sums it up pretty well. I try to type but just end up speechless.

A lot of mix match paddywhack going on there
View Quote
We are in the same boat on that one
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody here have info about DD mk18 uppers changing to .70 gas ports. Is this on all new production going forward? Anyway to know before buying what I am getting? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So the new logo eotech's are the best red dot/holographic in the game apparently

https://youtu.be/x8qympAk-HA

Who would've guessed

Anyone want to trade one for a MRO in a larue mount?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't seen this posted before.
A SOF Marine Fires an MK18 on Full-Auto
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shogek] [#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#8]
MK18 circa 2014 deployment
had posted a pic of this previously photobucket made it go the way of the DoDo

Yes I did try a FERFRANS CRD down range

Good luck cloning it!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:24:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Real nice shot of the HK416 clone I got the other night 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Show us the left side

Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
https://i.imgur.com/KBU8A8C.png
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
This turned out great. Love it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Someone needs to write a book called "50 Shades of FDE". I'd probably go see the movie adaptation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:
Show us the left side

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:
Show us the left side

As requested 

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
As requested 

https://i.imgur.com/MyRid8l.jpg
View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
That's awesome. Makes me really regret getting the RAHG... and regret having to sell the whole thing even more haha. Where's the PEQ15??
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TNW:
That's awesome. Makes me really regret getting the RAHG... and regret having to sell the whole thing even more haha. Where's the PEQ15??
View All Quotes
Thanks man - and thanks Tiny. PEQ15 is missing  ...I'll hopefully pick up a laser for it before too long. I've got a few other things higher on the priority list at the moment, but I'll get one for it eventually.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that cerakote or anodizing? Curious about replicating it...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Anodizing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Very nice

Anodizing.
View All Quotes
Anodizing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Good week for the clone game.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204916/IMG_5135-283825.JPG
View Quote
I have some of those surefires... anybody have pics of the in the wild? I only have a couple but want to see more!
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys, tossing around the idea of doing a block 2 build, is this the right light, and if not, is it close enough?

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mister_Donut:
Hey guys, tossing around the idea of doing a block 2 build, is this the right light, and if not, is it close enough?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-__KlYO3WZJQ/WaBBjmg3fjI/AAAAAAAApoI/Ekgvd9GRuTkv8H2H-3G-bWgS1KhPM9V9gCKgBGAs/s1600/Insight%2BM3X.JPG
View Quote
Its the LED version of the right light. The issued one was incandescent. Close enough tho, the output is already bad enough on the LED, let alone on the incan.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#27]

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-__KlYO3WZJQ/WaBBjmg3fjI/AAAAAAAApoI/Ekgvd9GRuTkv8H2H-3G-bWgS1KhPM9V9gCKgBGAs/s1600/Insight%2BM3X.JPG
View Quote
Not the correct light, no, but close enough, yes. The early Block II had the SU-233 light which was the same light you have there except for the older incandescent head (and marked differently). You can tell the difference in the head by the knurling on the incandescent and the ridges on the LED (what you have there).

The SU-233s can be hard to find, and even if you do find one they absolutely suck as a light because it's super old bulb technology. So many people will use the LED version as a "close enough" substitute. Looks good enough from 25ft away sorta thing.

The real solution is to go with the more modern Insight WMX-200 in bronze which is what replaced the SU-233. But those are hard to find and typically run $800+ when you do.

Here's a good look at an SU-233:

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks you guys, that's why I love this forum, always full of information, and not mean to the noobs :)

I'll grab it if the guy still has it.  $200 CAD which is about $160 USD.

That newer light......holy, don't think I could live with myself to cough up that kind of coin for illumination, lol!
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#29]
Thanks you guys, that's why I love this forum, always full of information, and not mean to the noobs :)

I'll grab it if the guy still has it.  $200 CAD which is about $160 USD.

That newer light......holy, don't think I could live with myself to cough up that kind of coin for illumination, lol!
View Quote
Famous last words.....

then promptly cannot stop thinking about ridiculously expensive clone-correct item and takes out a personal loan to purchase it.

Welcome to the club. You're soo boned.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Famous last words.....

then promptly cannot stop thinking about ridiculously expensive clone-correct item and takes out a personal loan to purchase it.

Welcome to the club. You're soo boned.
View Quote
Lol, tell me about it.  I was posting my Mk18 Mod 0 progress a couple of hundred pages back (this thread, holy fuck.....so....many.....pages!!!!), and that one I went to the ends of the earth to source parts for (a lot are unobtainium in Canada) and I just wrapped up an attempt at a Mk12 Mod 1 build.  I limited myself to that one being “close enough”, but if I continued down that path it would have ended in divorce.  The Mark 4 was not in the cards - not for $1,900 CAD, and my barrel was completely wrong, but it’s a good shooter and I didn’t want to chop it down from 20” to 18”, and I didn’t want to start a whole new build around the correct Douglas barrel.  

Anyway, I told myself no more clones, yet here I am taking a step towards the path of a Block II build.  I think I’ll probably pass on the PEQ15 though, since it would absolutely have no use to me.  There aren’t any local ranges that have night shoots, the AR can only be used at ranges in Canada, and I all kidding aside, my wife would definitely leave me if I shelled out for night vision to go with the PEQ15.

Was already taking a huge chance buying this without her noticing...

Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a question. What trigger are most guys using on their Mk18 Mod 0 or CQBR? I have a standard mil-spec type trigger in it right now along with a M16 selector (modified to SP1 specs). I know that the Mk18 CQBR originally used a standard M16A1 lower and FCG.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
I have a question. What trigger are most guys using on their Mk18 Mod 0 or CQBR? I have a standard mil-spec type trigger in it right now along with a M16 selector (modified to SP1 specs). I know that the Mk18 CQBR originally used a standard M16A1 lower and FCG.
View Quote
Throw a Geissele SSA in there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#34]
finally got around to spray painting the eotech. and while at it, i touched up the entire rifle for the most part.

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Lol, tell me about it.  I was posting my Mk18 Mod 0 progress a couple of hundred pages back (this thread, holy fuck.....so....many.....pages!!!!), and that one I went to the ends of the earth to source parts for (a lot are unobtainium in Canada) and I just wrapped up an attempt at a Mk12 Mod 1 build.  I limited myself to that one being “close enough”, but if I continued down that path it would have ended in divorce.  The Mark 4 was not in the cards - not for $1,900 CAD, and my barrel was completely wrong, but it’s a good shooter and I didn’t want to chop it down from 20” to 18”, and I didn’t want to start a whole new build around the correct Douglas barrel.  

Anyway, I told myself no more clones, yet here I am taking a step towards the path of a Block II build.  I think I’ll probably pass on the PEQ15 though, since it would absolutely have no use to me.  There aren’t any local ranges that have night shoots, the AR can only be used at ranges in Canada, and I all kidding aside, my wife would definitely leave me if I shelled out for night vision to go with the PEQ15.

Was already taking a huge chance buying this without her noticing...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TXPd9_5c_z4/WZOBiINbZmI/AAAAAAAApUw/rt7xitxoJIMx0QwtfbqtsOmg3uKEoo50ACKgBGAs/s1600/P8141215.JPG

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VZdPcjAJweY/WZOBiEq7RjI/AAAAAAAApUw/sTKJOOK_pEcOqXU_e_IExCa8NBW2-7cUwCKgBGAs/s1600/P8141229.JPG

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLO-y01eep4/WZOBiOGnhAI/AAAAAAAApUw/12Oc_C1myN8z4nURwUJpHIxA06G7RR3FQCKgBGAs/s1600/P8141221.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5ozVF0S_uaU/WZOBiHNS2UI/AAAAAAAApUw/VUH7vXwL_Ngy97jXrVeVL2whPaEFemNGQCKgBGAs/s1600/P8141225.JPG
View Quote
I see you got the newer CR2032 model... I almost bought one, but got lucky and found a nice deal on the original 3N battery version.  It was funny, I was talking to Kerif who really couldn't understand why I would want the older battery version, as the 2032 is obviously a better setup than the old 3N battery in every way - I finally got him on board with the cloning mentality and while they don't have them anymore, they can special order one with the older battery from the manf, just adds cost and wait time, though.

But for a guy who runs a 20" barrel and a VXR scope on a MK12, the 2032 version is probably fine for you though 

Just Kidding, Mr. D.  I know of your sourcing issues :).
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

I see you got the newer CR2032 model... I almost bought one, but got lucky and found a nice deal on the original 3N battery version.  It was funny, I was talking to Kerif who really couldn't understand why I would want the older battery version, as the 2032 is obviously a better setup than the old 3N battery in every way - I finally got him on board with the cloning mentality and while they don't have them anymore, they can special order one with the older battery from the manf, just adds cost and wait time, though.

But for a guy who runs a 20" barrel and a VXR scope on a MK12, the 2032 version is probably fine for you though 

View Quote
Yep, $250 to convert it back to the 3N version.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:13:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanicuss] [#37]
-----
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jormungandr] [#38]
my not even close to clone correct attempt at a mk18 inspired pew pew stick.

waiting on form 1 still

flame suit activated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]
There's a 4 prong Surefire flash hider on Fleabay right now, wonder how much it will end up going for?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

View Quote
Lol, right in the balls, swift kick right in the balls.  Haha, yeah, I'm looking at my "Mk12" attempt and the barrel and Patrol kind of bug me, but I thought to myself, if I'm going to put a $2,000 Elcan on a 10.3", I may as well go full retard and pay $2,000 for a Mark 4.  I thought to myself, fuck it, let's do it!  

Then I had images of my wife holding a bloody kitchen knife in one hand, and my balls in the other.

Want....but must wait, haha!!!

$250 to modify to the original battery compartment...not surprised.  I heard they are offering people with the orignial battery style $250 to update their Elcans to the newer style.

Talking about winnibg either way....probably jist swapping parts over.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#41]

Lol, right in the balls, swift kick right in the balls.  Haha, yeah, I'm looking at my "Mk12" attempt and the barrel and Patrol kind of bug me, but I thought to myself, if I'm going to put a $2,000 Elcan on a 10.3", I may as well go full retard and pay $2,000 for a Mark 4.  I thought to myself, fuck it, let's do it!  

Then I had images of my wife holding a bloody kitchen knife in one hand, and my balls in the other.

Want....but must wait, haha!!!

$250 to modify to the original battery compartment...not surprised.  I heard they are offering people with the orignial battery style $250 to update their Elcans to the newer style.

Talking about winnibg either way....probably jist swapping parts over.
View Quote
LOL yeah for most sane folks the 2032 is the better option all the way.  Just us knucklehead cloners looking for old outdated gear 

Anyway I wouldn't bother converting it, unless every other aspect of your MK18 is dead on - it's such a minor detail.  Plus I'm sure they will start issuing the new battery model at some point anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35427993183_1ed57e841e_b.jpg

Getting to borrow the GL/SSC to join the family for a little vacation.
View Quote
What case is this?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quick question - for you guys with the SF3P's, do they ring like the AAC 51T's? Trying to decide between that and the Closed Tine right now, and for you guys with the Closed Tines, how does the flash suppression compare to the 3P?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quick question - for you guys with the SF3P's, do they ring like the AAC 51T's? Trying to decide between that and the Closed Tine right now, and for you guys with the Closed Tines, how does the flash suppression compare to the 3P?
Thanks
View Quote
My SF3P rings without the silencer on. Same as AAC but not as bad. With the AAC I close the bolt and hear "DING!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah the AAC one is loud haha. Anyone have input on the closed tine flash suppression?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm behind the curve, but have we seen a Geissele SMR on a MK18 yet? I know they are out there on the 416s, just not sure about the SOPMOD gas guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Anybody have any good ideas how Block III and new CQBR's are going to be kitted? I need to get a jump on you guys.  Probably..maybe..hopefully Geissele Mk14 rails...lets hope.    Maybe then DD RIS II rails will come back down to reality.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Picked up a Surefire M600P (Fury) in TAN. What mount do I want for my Mk18 RIS II rail? I run a KAC front sight and I'll have a Warden on there and eventually an RC. I would like it have it off set. Was looking at Gear Sector but wondering what else is kosher?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#49]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#50]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Anybody have any good ideas how Block III and new CQBR's are going to be kitted? I need to get a jump on you guys.  Probably..maybe..hopefully Geissele Mk14 rails...lets hope.    Maybe then DD RIS II rails will come back down to reality.
View Quote
Geissele MK8 MLOK, Warcomp, Vortex Razor 1-6 w Geissele Mount.

And I don't think anyone has seen any on a 10.3", just 14.5" and 10.4"...
Page / 1572
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 903 of 1572)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top