BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 135
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: havoc] [#1]
Not as sexy as what you guys are posting - but the lower was given to me by John Noveske after I helped him out with a favor many years ago.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

What's the flip mount thing with nothing in it?
View Quote
Pretty sure it's a Tacom Tarac , not sure which model. It's basically a prism that shifts your point blank zero up a certain amount of MOA for easier holds at long range, you can have it custom made for your specific setup.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Looks pretty similar to the Mega MML Upper/Handguard design. I'm assuming ZEV/Mega is the OEM then? I know SMOS used to be the OEM for Gen 3 parts, but that relationship broke down.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:31:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fordtough25] [#4]
Originally Posted By havoc:
Not as sexy as what you guys are posting - but the lower was given to me by John Noveske after I helped him out with a favor many years ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1054/IMG_3860-3270723.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1054/image-3270725.jpg
View Quote

Not as sexy?! Bro that is badass even without the story!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
Originally Posted By havoc:

My thoughts as well. Very cool build!
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That's a nice rig! I've been seeing a few more guys at the Quantified Performance matches running 6 Arc with good results. What's your experience been with that cartridge and setup so far?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there anything special about the Noveske BCG that’s any different from a Microbest?  Looking to order a replacement and was wondering regarding the MOD 0 chamber.  TIA
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone in here know where I can find a Gen 3 NSR 9"? I just picked up a Noveske mur and I'm wanting to build a 300blk upper around it
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Three0h8:
Anyone in here know where I can find a Gen 3 NSR 9"? I just picked up a Noveske mur and I'm wanting to build a 300blk upper around it
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Mocked up before paint. Thanks to @officerx for hooking me up with a few parts and loaning me the wrench
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 9:07:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#12]
Gen 3, 20" 6.5 creed switchblock, factory built rifle. All I changed was the grip to a KAC M110, and the safety.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#13]
Quick question, does anyone know if a gen 4 NSR is compatible with a gen 3 barrel nut?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Quick question, does anyone know if a gen 4 NSR is compatible with a gen 3 barrel nut?
View Quote

It’s not.   Gen 4 uses a bigger nut.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By officerX:

It's not.   Gen 4 uses a bigger nut.
View Quote
Makes sense, jw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone have any info on a factory built 8” 300blk upper where they used a noveske marked monolithic rail? Ive been offered one in a trade but cant seem to find any info on them. Everything on it is marked Noveske so im pretty sure its not a garage build.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dbaird:
Does anyone have any info on a factory built 8” 300blk upper where they used a noveske marked monolithic rail? Ive been offered one in a trade but cant seem to find any info on them. Everything on it is marked Noveske so im pretty sure its not a garage build.
View Quote

Got pics?  If it’s a mono upper it’s probably a VLTOR VIS.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Got pics?  If it’s a mono upper it’s probably a VLTOR VIS.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 3:36:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thatARMSguy] [#20]

https://i.imgur.com/8jkIKpd.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, that's an VLTOR VIS. It's technically not a monolithic upper, it's a handguard welded onto an upper. No idea if they did that to cut down on forging costs and machining complexity, or if it was an attempt to get around LMT's patents. They were pretty cool, wish they didn't discontinue them
Link Posted: Today 8:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#21]

View Quote

That’s pretty cool.  I’ve never seen one that length before.  Is it a Noveske barrel?
Link Posted: Today 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#22]

That’s pretty cool.  I’ve never seen one that length before.  Is it a Noveske barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yup! And bcg and charging handle. The person said they bought it new from Noveske a long time ago. They are valuing it at $1800 so not sure if il pass or not.
Link Posted: Today 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Yup! And bcg and charging handle. The person said they bought it new from Noveske a long time ago. They are valuing it at $1800 so not sure if il pass or not.
View Quote

Seems kinda high to me.  I’d think maybe $1,200.  But others can chime in.
Link Posted: Today 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Ended up trading mostly for curiousity since I cant find any info on these uppers. Will email noveske and see if they can share anything. Seems like its an older upper. Its in amazing shape.

Omega 9k sits very close to the rail with the direct mount. Still need to decide if il keep it or sale it.

Page / 135
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top