Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 5:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Thanks

how much weight does the Steyr optic add?

The factory Steyr A3 scope adds  1 pound 4 ounces to the A3 AUG

Pete Athens
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Pete Athens

so a 20" CQC w/optic weighs 10.25 lbs vs the 20" A2 w/integrated optic at 7.75 lbs?  a 32% increase in weight...

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Pete Athens

so a 20" CQC w/optic weighs 10.25 lbs vs the 20" A2 w/integrated optic at 7.75 lbs?  a 32% increase in weight...

Rails are not light.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Rails are not light.

Hence why I have little use for them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
How much weight does just the CQC rail add to an A3 over the stock A3 configuration (i.e. no optic in the mix)

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
what is the barrel threading going to be on these?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what is the barrel threading going to be on these?

Steyr Metric 13 x 1 left hand threads

Tried to get them to change but.....no go yet

Pete Athens
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Are lefty versions going to be available?
I'll order a lefty CQC that can take AR mags (NATO version) the second it's available for order or pre-order.

Was going to hold off since I like my MSAR so much, but this thread has pushed me over the edge.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll order a lefty CQC that can take AR mags (NATO version) the second it's available for order or pre-order.

Was going to hold off since I like my MSAR so much, but this thread has pushed me over the edge.

Ratworx has lefty AUG bolts for $125, so it would be easy to swap the bolt and sell the original (or keep in the stock of the gun if you ever want to sell it to a righty!)
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lefty's will be available on the standard A3s and standard CQC A3s but not on the NATO versions.

Current AUG NATO stocks don't have a left hand ejection port.  We looked at modifying some but the right ejection port is larger then normal therefore a ejection port cover will not work in it.  To make a cover for the right side and mill out the left ejection slot would not be cost effective nor look great.

I have inquired with Steyr about ordering left hand capable NATO stocks. They have 200 of the non left hand capable ones in stock, once those get sold they might do a run of 500 of them. We are talking months here, not weeks.

Pete Athens
www.pjs-steyraug.com

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lefty's will be available on the standard A3s and standard CQC A3s but not on the NATO versions.

Current AUG NATO stocks don't have a left hand ejection port.  We looked at modifying some but the right ejection port is larger then normal therefore a ejection port cover will not work in it.  To make a cover for the right side and mill out the left ejection slot would not be cost effective nor look great.

I have inquired with Steyr about ordering left hand capable NATO stocks. They have 200 of the non left hand capable ones in stock, once those get sold they might do a run of 500 of them. We are talking months here, not weeks.

Pete Athens
www.pjs-steyraug.com

Ah well. You get used to disappointment when you're a lefty in the shooting world.
I'll check in later this year and see if they do any. Thanks for the info Pete.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pete, what is the estimated price difference between the CQC and the regular A3 coming out?

I like the CQC a lot but like others if there's a big difference in price I'd go with the regular A3

Steyr's MSRP on the standard A3 AUG is $2099 , as we are well  know in the Steyr AUG market for bringing great deals to our AUG clients we will be bringing the CQC A3s to market at $2200.

Including the VLTOR QD Sling Swivel the CQC rail system is a 6 piece rail system. 100% Mil Spec. Nothing complicated or difficult to install or remove.    

Back in 06 when these were shown at Shot Show the projected price was over $2999

Pete Athens

http://www.steyrauga3cqc.com/auga3cqc1.jpg

I think I'm going to toss my hat in the ring for a 20" CQC.  Is it possible to remove the CQC rail kit and put on the standard A3 rail?  Also, and I'm sure this is somewhere in the archives but my search fu is limited, how does the different height rail effect using an ACOG or Elcan?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
is the standard aug a3 with the CHF barrel ready to buy ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Couple of weeks out, being the 18th today couple of weeks out makes it the 1st week of September   .

FN barrel delays, never fails in this type of business! Delay after delay.......

Pete Athens / Pja Company

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couple of weeks out, being the 18th today couple of weeks out makes it the 1st week of September   .

FN barrel delays, never fails in this type of business! Delay after delay.......

Pete Athens / Pja Company

Ug FN Y U NO make barrels fast enough
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Besides having great friends there I have always worked closely with Steyr Arms on all U.S. market AUG related items.  Working hard with them to bring to market new and exciting AUG related products!

I'm assuming your are referring to MSAR, I was never a co-owner.

Pete Athens

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/auga3cqc14.jpg

This has been bugging the hell out of me. What kind of scope is on that AUG and where can I get one?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#17]
This may not belong here but:
Are the mags being offered by cdnn the real thing or a knock-off?
I figured I'd snag some in preparation of ordering my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides having great friends there I have always worked closely with Steyr Arms on all U.S. market AUG related items.  Working hard with them to bring to market new and exciting AUG related products!

Pete Athens

This has been bugging the hell out of me. What kind of scope is on that AUG and where can I get one?

That is a Steyr AUG A3 prototype scope. Standard 1.5 power, only a hand full of them were made.

I personally love the scope and very pleased I was  able to acquire one of the prototypes. I love the looks of it.

If enough interest we certainly can entertain the idea of having them made?

Getting the scope tubes and knobs from Steyr might be the tricky part  

Pete Athens /Pjs

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pete Athens

A prototype scope *and* a clear magazine- Pete you rascal!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A prototype scope *and* a clear magazine- Pete you rascal!

The clear mags are cool looking on the AUGs!

I guess it's been 10-12 years ago I got Steyr to do a run of 250 clear mags for us.

I only kept 4 for my collection, 2 green & 2 black. None for sale. I wish I had kept more of them. 1 for each of my AUGs!

The clear resin polymers are not as strong as the tinted resins,  that's why Steyr and others mags are tinted or amber colored.

Pete Athens  /Pjs

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is a Steyr AUG A3 prototype scope. Standard 1.5 power, only a hand full of them were made.

I personally love the scope and very pleased I was  able to acquire one of the prototypes. I love the looks of it.

Pete Athens /Pjs

Do you know anything about the illuminated Steyr scope tubes? I recall seeing an advertisement from Europe regarding illuminating Steyr 1.5 AUG scope tubes.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pete Athens /Pjs

Do you know anything about the illuminated Steyr scope tubes? I recall seeing an advertisement from Europe regarding illuminating Steyr 1.5 AUG scope tubes.

I do know they would be very expensive.

We looked at that a while back, 2 different scope companies wanted over $75,000 up front just for research and development fees.

I'm not aware of Steyr ever coming out with one themselves.

Pete Athens / Pjs
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought I read that the new AUG would only be available in black (at first).  On the first page of the thread, it looks like there are both black and green stocks on the table...so will green be available at the beginning of sales?

Do you lose the bolt release (above the mag release on the left side of the stock) if you decide on the NATO models?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]
what is the nut behind the new tulips?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I thought I read that the new AUG would only be available in black (at first).  On the first page of the thread, it looks like there are both black and green stocks on the table...so will green be available at the beginning of sales?

Do you lose the bolt release (above the mag release on the left side of the stock) if you decide on the NATO models?

You are correct, for now  the A3s will only be available in Black.

We talked about doing 500 green A3s down the road. That all depends on many factors, Sales, Election & Steyr being able to produce them. Recently Steyr got a Military contract for 10,000 AUGs & 500 SSG 08 338 Lapul sniper rifles. That will keep them busy for 6 months or longer

Yes you do lose the last round bolt release with the NATO stock plus no left hand ejection.

Pete Athens

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
what is the nut behind the new tulips?

It's a check nut, the new tulip flash hider also has 2 flats for easier removal and installing.

Pete Athens / Pjs
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#27]
So is the A3 CQC a reconized Steyr weapon by Steyr or is this a modified Steyr by PJA?

Your website states "Steyr brought us the A3, PJA brought us the CQC rail".....

Can the CQC be ordered by other Steyr dealers?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes you do lose the last round bolt release with the NATO stock plus no left hand ejection.

Pete Athens[/span]

You could use an MSAR E4 or Gen 5 stock if you wanted AR mag compatibility in different colors (tan or green), have left side ejection, and retain the bolt release.  That's what I think I'm going to do when I get an A3.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm liking both the AUG SF and the CQC.  Actually I'm liking anything marked AUG!!!

Just curious....with something like the SF, what is the expected change in point of impact when one changes to a longer barrel?  I wonder due to the height of the scope above the bore.  Also, if one were to zero an AUG A3 with a 16" barrel installed (for instance an FN barrel), then you swapped it out for another 16"  barrel of the same manufacturer, how close to original POI would one expect?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Pete ! Will 14" barrels be available to have brakes pinned to them. I love the look of a 14" barrel with the sabre a3 muzzle brake pinned to it! I would definitley buy one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Pete,

I would want a 9mm kit and OD Green stock!!!

Khest
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Another vote for 14" Commando barrels I have one of the originals you imported Pete, but considering their scarcity it's in storage. I'd really like a new-made one that's less expensive and that I wouldn't feel bad about engraving. (I'm planning on SBRing my AUG, and the best place to engrave the required info would probably be on the gas block or the barrel...and I don't want to mark up an Austrian barrel that way )
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pete ! Will 14" barrels be available to have brakes pinned to them. I love the look of a 14" barrel with the sabre a3 muzzle brake pinned to it! I would definitley buy one.

They have plans on making  14" barrels with flash hider and check nuts machined on the barrel profile. That means it will be a one piece barrel, nothing pinned on. Overall length 16 1/2".

I did place a order for 100 NFA 14" barrels, hope to have those in a few months.

Pete Athens
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another vote for 14" Commando barrels I have one of the originals you imported Pete, but considering their scarcity it's in storage. I'd really like a new-made one that's less expensive and that I wouldn't feel bad about engraving. (I'm planning on SBRing my AUG, and the best place to engrave the required info would probably be on the gas block or the barrel...and I don't want to mark up an Austrian barrel that way )

Isn't it crazy what the original 14" barrels are bringing now days! Over $2200 on Gun Broker and other sites if you can find one.

That's insane!!

When I imported those we sold them for $699 each!

Wish I tucked a few away!

I do have 14" barrels on order, I'm sure it will be a few months out.

Should be less then $600 eachl

Pete Athens

Link Posted: 8/22/2012 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pete,

I would want a 9mm kit and OD Green stock!!!

Khest

Green A3 stocks will be available first.

9mm kits will be months down the road, 6 months or longer.

Pete Athens

Link Posted: 8/22/2012 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it crazy what the original 14" barrels are bringing now days! Over $2200 on Gun Broker and other sites if you can find one.

That's insane!!

When I imported those we sold them for $699 each!

Wish I tucked a few away!

I do have 14" barrels on order, I'm sure it will be a few months out.

Should be less then $600 each.l

Pete Athens

That is awesome news! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Great news!  

Got word from Steyr yesterday our 1st shipment of AUG A3s are on the way to us.

FN had a delay getting the flash hiders and check nuts made so the 1st batch of A3 AUGs will have original Austrian tulip flash hiders and check nuts.

We will post some pics of the new AUG A3s  tomorrow or Friday when we get them.

Pete Athens
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Pete,  Sorry if I missed it.  Did you say when the CQC rail will be available for us with the Saber A3 rifles?
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pete,  Sorry if I missed it.  Did you say when the QCQ rais will be available for us with the Saber A3 rifles?

CQC Rail production began 2 weeks ago, we should have 1st sample articles tomorrow or Friday for approval. If those are in "spec" and approved we should have CQC rail kits and CQC AUG A3s within 3 to 4 weeks at the latest.

Will keep you guys posted!

Pete Athens
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Grrrr it's going to be mid November before I can get enough money scrapped together for the A3 CQC.  I hope I can get one before the panic buying will commence.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Pete are there any pre-orders to sort through or is it first come first serve?
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Green A3 stocks will be available first.

9mm kits will be months down the road, 6 months or longer.

Pete Athens

Pete - when will the green A3 stocks be available?  At release?

Link Posted: 8/22/2012 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Pete, any update on Steyr doing 1:7 twist barrels? Will the 24 inch barrels still be 1:7?
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Does the CQC have bolt hold on the last rd? Very interested
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Does the CQC have bolt hold on the last rd? Very interested

NATO CQC that is?
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have plans on making  14" barrels with flash hider and check nuts machined on the barrel profile. That means it will be a one piece barrel, nothing pinned on. Overall length 16 1/2".

I did place a order for 100 NFA 14" barrels, hope to have those in a few months.

Pete Athens

I call dibs on one !!!! Ive been needing one for a while and refuse to pay 2000 bucks for what's on the market .
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Pete can you post more pics of all the different barrel length models side by side including the 16" barreled model?
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Great news!  

Got word from Steyr yesterday our 1st shipment of AUG A3s are on the way to us.

FN had a delay getting the flash hiders and check nuts made so the 1st batch of A3 AUGs will have original Austrian tulip flash hiders and check nuts.

We will post some pics of the new AUG A3s  tomorrow or Friday when we get them.

Pete Athens

I really want one of these with the old style I really need to call you guys
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pete Athens

That is a crazy to machine the flash hiders integrally, but a neat idea at the same time!
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pete Athens

That is a crazy to machine the flash hiders integrally, but a neat idea at the same time!

Like rugers new E series rifle. I spent a while looking for the seam before I realized it was part of the barrel
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top