Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
TFB just posted a video about this...

A Sci-Fi Bullpup Battle Rifle from Black Rain Ordnance?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
2 things after watching the video. I want one and that length of pull seems pretty substantial when it's held low. If these are prototypes then hopefully the grip can move rearward because lop seems on the long side compared to other bullpups.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Kfelten, looks like Odin beat you to the punch in this thread!

But ya, it seems to check my boxes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't watch YT here, but based on the pictures and the MSRP, if I can get a basic model for a grand, hell yes, I will buy my first bullpup, that looks very cool indeed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Whoever writes TFBTV Show Times comments said that the system is a trilug rotating bolt with "an impingement assisted gas piston". They couldn't add the section where it was said due to excessive background noise.

This is definitely a gun I'm gonna hold off till its been well vetted before I pick one up. Seen some iffy rifles from BRO before.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Optics rail bolted to the barrel..Sounds like the Rfb :p
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Optics rail bolted to the barrel..Sounds like the Rfb :p
View Quote

Or the Tavor family... or the rdb...  Someone spring Will from prison: NEVAH BEEN DONE BEFO

I'm interested in this gun, but they shouldn't have let him talk in that interview.  Snake oil vibes.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
i just noticed that the handguard screws into the rail, so it's not free float ??

also can we collectively stop this crap with QD barrels? it fucks everything up. the AR has it's issues but the method of barrel attachment is NOT one of them. just make a good bullpup, period. no gimmicks. i'm back on the senex train
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't have to worry about a 'brace on that one!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I do wish bullpup manufacturers would start with a short LOP. It's always easier to add length if needed. Spacers exist. Buttpads exist.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want one.

But I want everything
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Only thing I don't like about it, is the length of pull. That sucker looks long.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Well. It’s only righty friendly so they haven’t fixed it fully.

However I think it is a neat design…but dang. Sawyer was on something the dude was heavy breathing like he just got out of a fight…yikes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
This looks really cool.  I truly hope this doesn't go the was of the Masada.  Great design, great intentions, flop in application and production.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
That LOP does look a mile long. Wow.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That LOP does look a mile long. Wow.
View Quote

Right?! Once you really look at it, it states back at you from 3 kilometers away!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I've mentioned this a few times, but length of pull doesn't really matter with a bullpup the way it does with a conventional rifle.

A conventional rifle, LOP directly effects everything because the pistol grip is fixed to the receiver.

With a bullpup, the LOP is just where they stick the grip. It has no effect on overall weapons length, where the optic sits, distance the rest of the controls are from the shooters hand, etc.

Grab an AUG or X95, and 'shorten the LOP' by gripping the magazine like it was the pistol grip. Nothing else (optic placement, weapons controls, overall length) changes. Then grab the front of the cutlas handguard like it was the pistol grip, simulating an increase in LOP. Nothing changes.

Conventional rifle: LOP changes everything:

Bullup LOP change - only effects where the pistol grip is, has no effect on sight placement, weapon length, distance to other controls:

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
That gun is made for shooting prone, in my opinion. I shoot prone a lot and if I bought that gun, that's pretty much the only position I'd shoot it. Length of pull seemingly increases its effects when prone (i.e., it feels longer than it actually is). For myself, I prefer a shorter length when shooting prone. This is to say, that for me the length of pull could be a problematic if it's as long as it looks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That gun is made for shooting prone, in my opinion. I shoot prone a lot and if I bought that gun, that's pretty much the only position I'd shoot it. Length of pull seemingly increases its effects when prone (i.e., it feels longer than it actually is). For myself, I prefer a shorter length when shooting prone. This is to say, that for me the length of pull could be a problematic if it's as long as it looks.
View Quote

Yep.   The gun was intended for snipers,  not room clearing.  Snipers shoot prone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This fellow 'Sawman' seems to be the inventor or spokesman:

https://i.ibb.co/NKVgFHR/Screen-Shot-2023-01-21-at-11-52-17-PM.png

Super long bullpup configuration looks awesome:

https://i.ibb.co/hgsDDm2/Screen-Shot-2023-01-21-at-11-51-25-PM.png
View Quote

That’s Craig “Sawman” Sawyer. He is a real deal former SEAL sniper. Seems to be a good dude.

As far as the rifle goes, I’m interested in seeing the operating system and how it shoots. I’d be more interested if it were 5.56 or 6.5G though. Not really interested in a bullpup precision rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying, I’m the opposite. I use a shorter length of pull for standing/kneeling than for prone. Not a lot more, but if I have time I’ll adjust my stock out another notch or two for prone,
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That’s Craig “Sawman” Sawyer. He is a real deal former SEAL sniper. Seems to be a good dude.

As far as the rifle goes, I’m interested in seeing the operating system and how it shoots. I’d be more interested if it were 5.56 or 6.5G though. Not really interested in a bullpup precision rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This fellow 'Sawman' seems to be the inventor or spokesman:

https://i.ibb.co/NKVgFHR/Screen-Shot-2023-01-21-at-11-52-17-PM.png

Super long bullpup configuration looks awesome:

https://i.ibb.co/hgsDDm2/Screen-Shot-2023-01-21-at-11-51-25-PM.png

A lightweight 6.5 Grendel (or 6.8)  is the single biggest gaping gap in the gun industry.  Grendel is a performance optimized round that delivers excpetion performance for its size and fits in a small frame rifle.  The bullpup is a size optimized rifle configuration that delivers exceptional ballistic performance (BBL length) for its size.  It's an absolutely optimized concept to pair those two, and yet - nobody has.  

These new BRO look great, but imagine what they could do if they tried to go small and weight optimized for 5.56/6.5 Grendel frame.

I'm excited by this rifle regardless.  It also very much reminds me of the amazing MDR announcement, back under the Bush (?) administration
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top