Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
MP7 will always be cool to me and if HK made a civi one, I would buy it. 4.6x30mm ammo performs better the the 5.7x28mm, but who's need to penetrate CRISAT body armor these days, lol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The people bitching about it not being 4.6 wouldn't buy it in 4.6 as a clone anyways.

5.7 is similar enough and makes way more sense. One small company making 4.6 guns isn't going to drive any ammo manufacturers to tool up for the round.
View Quote
Welcome to every new gun thread on arfcom.  Post this in general discussion and you'll get people who are upset it won't take Glock mags.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Somehow thought title read P7 clone coming..  If only.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in for 2
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the refrain go?  Ahhhh Yes

If one is good, two is better!

I am with you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am in for 2
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather have an MP7 in 5.7 anyway. Better performance and actually available.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of the Tailhook braces could be fitted to this, and still have the same basic stock functions, couldn't it?

I'm talking of just the end of the Tailhook, not the entire thing, by the way.
View Quote
I bet Techsmith could make an adapter for it
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The 5.7 is a better round IMO (that means nothing I know) and I bet the MP7 would have gained more interest if HK had chambered it that way from the get go.

The MP7 has little appeal to me, I already have a bunch of guns with huge mags sticking out the bottom, P90 is master race.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
5.7 is the better round. You get better swept gas volume with the wider projectile, which results in higher velocity per inch of barrel length.

The Elite Protector launches a 40gr @ 1900fps from a 4.7" barrel, whereas the 4.6 launches a 40gr @ 1900fps from a 7" barrel.

The swept gas volume issue is why HK was never able to release their UCP pistol; the 4.6 was unable to get sufficient velocity out of the pistol barrel.

Had HK released the MP7 in 5.7x28, 5.7 would have likely replaced 9x19 in NATO service, and HK would have sold a whole bunch more MP7's, as the MP7 is a better PDW then then P90.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Thread has me rethinking a sbr ps90.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thread has me rethinking a sbr ps90.
View Quote
I bought a ps90 tri rail years ago and never bothered to sbr it. Decided a few months ago that I really wanted one after regretting getting rid of the old ps90. Right now its waiting on the form 4(tsc machine converted mine). Looking forward to getting it back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Hate to say but I would rather have a Umarex clone of the MP7 in .22.  The other H&K .22 models seem to be dead on in 1.1 accuracy.   A "clone" is one thing...to me, a "clone" is an exact duplicate of the original.  Don't call it a clone if it isn't identical to the factory gun.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hate to say but I would rather have a Umarex clone of the MP7 in .22.  The other H&K .22 models seem to be dead on in 1.1 accuracy.   A "clone" is one thing...to me, a "clone" is an exact duplicate of the original.  Don't call it a clone if it isn't identical to the factory gun.  Just my $.02
View Quote
Cosmetic appearance is a clone but operating system and actual parts interchangeability isn't?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  When you shoot it out of a Daisy. Seriously, what's with these designers making rounds smaller and smaller?
View Quote
I know, right?  I'm just not understanding why the Army went to the .45-70, when it was .58 Minie balls that won the Civil War.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
.22 WMR would be pretty cool.........
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: .22 WMR would be pretty cool.........
View Quote
.17 HMR would be pretty zippy, and .17 WSM would probably be pretty close to 4.6mm.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

.17 HMR would be pretty zippy, and .17 WSM would probably be pretty close to 4.6mm.
View Quote
I would gladly buy one in .17wsm
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd be surprised if .17 WSM kept up with the 4.6; .17 is a 33kpsi cartridge, 4.6 is 55kpsi cartridge.

.17 WSM 25gr @ 2600fps from a 18-20"; 4.6x30 "combat" is a 26gr @ 2380fps from a 7"; Elite S4M / Handloads for 5.7x28 is 27gr @ 2400fps from a 4.75" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#21]
So...in regard to "reading between the lines" ....the "new" MP7 is suppose to look EXACTLY like the HK factory one BUT the internals could be (most likely will be) different and the caliber/magazine would be different?

My other $0.02 would be the clone be sold as a pistol BUT with the stock available for the end user to Form 1 SBR it.   I'm kinda getting excited about this....My buddy has a Class 3 and can even get a LE/SOT Letter but the $10K price tag for one is a bit of stretch.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I read it's supposed to be parts compatible with the stock ones with a different barrel, bolt, and magazine. So if you got those parts from HK you could swap it to the right caliber(or swap a real hk to 5.7).

Well other than having some way to block the sear for full auto the real mp7 will have.

I think the idea is actually pretty cool including the ammo change, I just wish someone that isn't as shady as Todd Bailey was doing it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I read it's supposed to be parts compatible with the stock ones with a different barrel, bolt, and magazine. So if you got those parts from HK you could swap it to the right caliber(or swap a real hk to 5.7).

Well other than having some way to block the sear for full auto the real mp7 will have.

I think the idea is actually pretty cool including the ammo change, I just wish someone that isn't as shady as Todd Bailey was doing it.
View Quote
Todd Bailey has nothing to do with it from what ive been told. And the grip portion of the frame is being lengthened to take the 5.7 round. 5.7 is slightly longer than 4.6. So no, you can't convert it to 4.6.

I'm happy with it being on 5.7. It's quieter suppressed and yes I'll buy a micro 5.56 can to suppress it as soon as so can get one. It'll be another year or 2 before we see this project. But I'm all on board with after talking to those involved.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Todd Bailey has nothing to do with it from what ive been told. And the grip portion of the frame is being lengthened to take the 5.7 round. 5.7 is slightly longer than 4.6. So no, you can't convert it to 4.6.

I'm happy with it being on 5.7. It's quieter suppressed and yes I'll buy a micro 5.56 can to suppress it as soon as so can get one. It'll be another year or 2 before we see this project. But I'm all on board with after talking to those involved.
View Quote
I keep hearing that he is getting out of the game and then another company pops up with his name on it. He is listed on the gsg9 corporation paperwork and they are at the same location as his independence parts which he wrote a letter in November of last year to the judge in the Adam Webber of hkparts case saying they were selling him all of the parts.

My point is that lie of him being out of it or not involved has been told multiple times before. Is it a lie this time? Maybe, maybe not. I personally wouldn't trust them due to their past.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would make me interested in a civi MP7.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would also have preferred to see it in a 9/40/357 configuration.

Although, to be fair, 5.7 is more in line with the original purpose of the MP7 and more available than 4.6
View Quote
i dunno, i bought some 4.6 at academy.... kinda weird

i would prefer it in the 9mm/22tcm, those are a bit more usable/cheap
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered the GSG9US G36C "pistol" kit and receiver so we shall see how it turns out. If all is well and it holds up just fine and I don't need to swap american parts for German than I will be in for buying the MP7. I was told they are a year out, but Im curious if a 5.7 will fit into a MP7 4.6 magazine? According to their website it says real MP7 parts are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Really hoping they stick with the original caliber, the MP7 seems like it was built around the cartridge.  Overall I think there are far less potential issues staying with the 4.6x30.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Really hoping they stick with the original caliber, the MP7 seems like it was built around the cartridge.  Overall I think there are far less potential issues staying with the 4.6x30.
View Quote
Knowing no more than I know, I tend to agree.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I try not to knowingly support Todd Bailey so I'm passing regardless of caliber.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m enjoying the few people right now that realize the size of this thing isn’t what they thought it was - but will REALLY enjoy when the first few people buy it and figure that out.

Lost 100% of interest in MP7 after holding one, firing it did nothing to change that.

Effective size, stock deployed, large magazine, I think it’s larger than a P90. Probdvly larger than an MP5K, the pic on the first page already shows larger than an APC9.

For years I’ve seen “but makes civ model HK!” knowing full damn well you people won’t buy one. Because if you truely wanted a tight PDW, you would have been all over the better P90 already, and sales of those have never been exceptional.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  Really hoping they stick with the original caliber, the MP7 seems like it was built around the cartridge.  Overall I think there are far less potential issues staying with the 4.6x30.
View Quote
Didn't the Germans walk away from the NATO trials throwing a hissy fit b/c their caliber didn't win, and claimed they couldn't make the MP7 chamber the Belgian round?  So if you CAN make an MP7 in 5.7x28mm, you're one up on HK.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I ordered the GSG9US G36C "pistol" kit and receiver so we shall see how it turns out. If all is well and it holds up just fine and I don't need to swap american parts for German than I will be in for buying the MP7. I was told they are a year out, but Im curious if a 5.7 will fit into a MP7 4.6 magazine? According to their website it says real MP7 parts are interchangeable.
View Quote
Looks like they already had issues with the recoil springs in their kits being too long. Considering they are making almost every part that is a little dis-concerning. Time will tell how they handle it.

The gsg9 project uses different mags. They said you could swap it to 5.7 using hk parts though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Didn't the Germans walk away from the NATO trials throwing a hissy fit b/c their caliber didn't win, and claimed they couldn't make the MP7 chamber the Belgian round?  So if you CAN make an MP7 in 5.7x28mm, you're one up on HK.
View Quote
I heard a secondhand story similar to that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fuck that, run away, far away
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The company reeks of Todd Bailey down to the dead website and no real contact info. Omega tried to separate themselves from Todd with Wade trying to separate himself from his family. They used hkparts as a intermediate but thanks to Adam from HKparts being a pile of shit we know they didn't buy Todd Bailey's operation like people originally thought. Todd wrote to the judge as independence parts explaining how hk parts buys his entire production from that company. That told us Todd is still in the game and Omega's claims of separation are not as they seem. I just wish the Bailey clan would be open with everyone. By many accounts Wade is making a good product. Looks like gsg9 is making their omega receivers and the parts for the g36 stuff for tommy built. They have said that the coharie arms ca-416 is there predecessor(which everyone knew the tooling was coharie/titan defense).

I'm guessing Todd Bailey is still involved in GSG9 due to everything else. Now this doesn't mean that the parts will be bad, some of the stuff he made was good. It does make me wonder if you will have any support if something does go wrong though. It sucks as I'd be kinda interested in this gun. Hell I even like the idea of it firing 5.7 ammo as it's more common(and I have a ps90).

The questionable background makes a gun that expensive a no go for me. I'd rather not be burned for as much as that will cost when I could buy a really nice gun in the same range.

Edit:

Yep it is a Todd Bailey operation still.

The corp info.
Fuck that, run away, far away
Where's that picture of Todd Bailey getting served at Shot Show?

I won't give a dime to the Baileys after the way he treated folks. Thier MP5 monopoly is over.

HKParts is shady as shit; Adam's case is just what we have seen. They were a fence to keep the Bailey name away so the product was worth more.

All original parts? BS. The weapon needs frequent armored level service.

With a collapsing brace you'll be at damn near $3000 for a questionable clone. They couldn't even get their UMP to the price point an entire weapon could be sold.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

With a collapsing brace you'll be at damn near $3000 for a questionable clone. They couldn't even get their UMP to the price point an entire weapon could be sold.
View Quote
Wade and Atlantic are selling complete braced Gideons for under $1750. Not sure what you're getting at.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Bring on the tears.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, i guess Keltec is getting my money then. I’ll have to SBR a CMR-30 to get the look i wanted.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#39]
sounds like the GSG5. Maybe they can make an MP722 with a retrofit kit for the MP7 parts sold separately.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck. Patent infringement? Trademark infringement?
I'm pretty bummed. Gonna have to build a G36 now and buy a KelTec
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get it. Manufacturing something is tough and I wanted nothing more than to see civi MP7's but honestly I'm not too surprised.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I get it. Manufacturing something is tough and I wanted nothing more than to see civi MP7's but honestly I'm not too surprised.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before they disabled and deleted comment on that IG post, gsg9.us replied clarifying they are still making a MP7 clone in 5.7mm and it will not be for sale it on the US civilian market.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#44]
How does that even make sense? And do they not remember the backlash over the recoil article on the MP7 saying it was too high speed for civilians to own?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
No civilian sales.

Who do they think is going to buy it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Did HK send them a strongly worded letter?

If so I'm sure HK will release one of these a couple years from now with an 18" barrel, ten round mag, and butthole stock for about $4k.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How does that even make sense? And do they not remember the backlash over the recoil article on the MP7 saying it was too high speed for civilians to own?
View Quote
Yea, I'm missing something here.

>Design a Civi MP7
>Don't sell to civis
>Only sell to LE
>LE can already buy HK MP7s.
>????
>Profit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If so I'm sure HK will release one of these a couple years from now with an 18" barrel, ten round mag, and butthole stock for about $4k.
View Quote
If they did I don't think they would be claiming to still work on it for export. Bailey has been a thorn in their side for a while now. I remember reading about how he got info and flats out of MKE in turkey and HK went back to MKE to get it to stop.

I'm guessing it has something to do with them unable to get something working right on it. Right now they are dealing with issues on their g36 parts and they still have the hk416 clone stuff that is kinda iffy. You'd think they would be more interested in dropping that with brownells importing parts that will compete with them there.

I'd really take that comment as them dropping the mp7 project. I don't see anything coming from it if they are not going to sell it in the US.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
And the fan boys panties will be moist while swinging purses at each other to be the first to buy it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#50]
LOL at all the "but I wanted a 5.7mm PDW" now I'll buy a 22 from Keltec!

You can buy the superior gun the MP7 right now, it's a PS90, they're cheap, they work, it's smaller than an MP7 extended, holds more rounds, and you are supporting FN who makes guns people want and then sells them, not some shady af engineer who has been running the same scam for years.

You only think you want an MP7 because you're not allowed to have it. You can have the better gun, and aren't buying it.

But that's just like my opinion man...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top