User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does that even make sense? And do they not remember the backlash over the recoil article on the MP7 saying it was too high speed for civilians to own?
View Quote
Nothing to do with that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You only think you want an MP7 because you're not allowed to have it. You can have the better gun, and aren't buying it.

But that's just like my opinion man...
View Quote
Yea, I'm gonna disagree with you here. The P90 platform in inferior in several ways. The main one being it is a blowback system which had weight the the weapon. Next it is taller, and while it is shorter than a stock extended mp7, the mp7 can be stowed and shot with stock collapsed  making it over all more compact.

Due to the gas tapper system over the blowback system,  the mp7 also suppresses better.

The MP7a1 is more reliable as well. I've personally had a legit p90 stock split in half and the upper receiver and mag go flying. The p90 mags are also more fragile.

I have significant time on both weapon systems. Both are fun little angry bee throwers. But the MP7 is superior in almost every way except maintenance and caliber. And caliber depends on load.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LOL at all the "but I wanted a 5.7mm PDW" now I'll buy a 22 from Keltec!

You can buy the superior gun the MP7 right now, it's a PS90, they're cheap, they work, it's smaller than an MP7 extended, holds more rounds, and you are supporting FN who makes guns people want and then sells them, not some shady af engineer who has been running the same scam for years.

You only think you want an MP7 because you're not allowed to have it. You can have the better gun, and aren't buying it.

View Quote
Yeah.
Lol

I'll get a PS90 since I have 1000 rnds of 5.7 and no gun for it

And I'll get a KelTec for my SEAL larping.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  I'll get a PS90 since I have 1000 rnds of 5.7 and no gun for it
View Quote
Get an AR 57 upper.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Get an AR 57 upper.
View Quote
I wanted to get a shorty upper. But they aren't making anything currently

From their site.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get an AR 57 upper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'll get a PS90 since I have 1000 rnds of 5.7 and no gun for it
Get an AR 57 upper.
I got an email this morning from CMMG, announcing their new Mk57 Guard Pistols and SBRs in 5.7x28mm.

It is one of of CMMG's radially delayed blowback AR15 platforms and feeds from 5.7 Pistol magazines.

MrGunsandGear has a video review of it up already.

CMMG Mk57 Banshee 5.7x28 AR-15 Pistol: Ultimate PDW or Truck Gun?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:. I got an email this morning from CMMG, announcing their new Mk57 Guard Pistols and SBRs in 5.7x28mm.

It is one of of CMMG's radially delayed blowback AR15 platforms and feeds from 5.7 Pistol magazines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJgYvtKNgoA
View Quote
That's awesome.  I will probably have to go down the FN 5.7 pistol rabbit hole at some point now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Was not expecting that from CMMG.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got an email this morning from CMMG, announcing their new Mk57 Guard Pistols and SBRs in 5.7x28mm.

View Quote
Saw this. Delayed blowback is a big deal in my opinion. I think I will be getting the pistol. Depends on if their industry pricing is reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I want a radial delayed blowback that uses P90 mags
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  I want a radial delayed blowback that uses P90 mags
View Quote
My question is why?  There's practically no recoil in the AR 57 upper as it is.  You'll get slightly less port noise but you're shooting a supersonic bullet anyway, so I don't see the suppression gain.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:41:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My question is why?  There's practically no recoil in the AR 57 upper as it is.  You'll get slightly less port noise but you're shooting a supersonic bullet anyway, so I don't see the suppression gain.
View Quote
Because i want more things that can possibly break
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Subsonics are available....but everything will be quieter than blowback

Less bolt mass, less reciprocating mass.  Lighter gun.

... and I think it might be possible to load the rounds a little hotter with delayed blowback.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
lol

Pass.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for cliff notes.. I FELT something was OFF when I read atlantic defending them in forums ..
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
That has me intrigued. Good video review.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
On one hand beats the MP7 in a LOT of areas. Including not as stupid of a round, cheap, available, and no HK tax. On the other hand, they basically tell you the 30 round promags aren't going to be reliable, and that it won't run subsonic suppressed without a different buffer. That said, its 55gr subsonic... so you really might as well shoot 22lr or set a gun up for those 60gr 22 subs. I can't see a reason to shoot subsonic other than trying to be kewl. The suppressed shots did look a little gassy in that video.

All said though... Much better options over the MP7 when you consider the P90, Fiveseven, and/or CMMG Banshee.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On one hand beats the MP7 in a LOT of areas. Including not as stupid of a round, cheap, available, and no HK tax. On the other hand, they basically tell you the 30 round promags aren't going to be reliable, and that it won't run subsonic suppressed without a different buffer. That said, its 55gr subsonic... so you really might as well shoot 22lr or set a gun up for those 60gr 22 subs. I can't see a reason to shoot subsonic other than trying to be kewl. The suppressed shots did look a little gassy in that video.

All said though... Much better options over the MP7 when you consider the P90, Fiveseven, and/or CMMG Banshee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, does the MP7 even have subsonic as an option?  As 'quieter' as it allegedly is suppressed over the P90, I imagine the difference between sub & super projectiles drowns that out and then some.  Not to mention a sub-sonic .17cal would be a mere pellet rifle to the P90s 22LR, lol.

As far as mags...well, there's always FN, assuming they get their act together on the supply.  But that's what we said about the ammo itself not too long ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yea, I'm gonna disagree with you here. The P90 platform in inferior in several ways. The main one being it is a blowback system which had weight the the weapon. Next it is taller, and while it is shorter than a stock extended mp7, the mp7 can be stowed and shot with stock collapsed  making it over all more compact.

Due to the gas tapper system over the blowback system,  the mp7 also suppresses better.

The MP7a1 is more reliable as well. I've personally had a legit p90 stock split in half and the upper receiver and mag go flying. The p90 mags are also more fragile.

I have significant time on both weapon systems. Both are fun little angry bee throwers. But the MP7 is superior in almost every way except maintenance and caliber. And caliber depends on load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP7 was a lot of fun to shoot, but I managed to weasel my hands onto something that bends the MP7 over a barrel.

B&T MP9 loaded with 6.5 CBJ. Recoil is ever so slightly greater than that of the 4.6 or 5.7, but less than that of 9mm. The tungsten sabots are outstanding for armor and tissue damage, but the drawback is that they are most probably unusable with suppressors due to the plastic/poly shell. I'd like to see a jacketed design to be used with a suppressor, but doubt it'll ever happen unless someone big adopts the caliber.

Their subsonic AP rounds are a bit odd, but they're quiet, they shred kevlar, and still leave nasty wound tracks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
They never explained how the 500 round maintenance was supposed to be done by the end user.

How many company names are the Bailey's on?  
How many 'smiths will work on a Special Weapons receiver?
Always thought it was a shame he was the only show in town for awhile.
I'm not going to buy from anyone who got served with a lawsuit at SHOT SHOW.  Just saying.  
They probably got a good laugh out of all this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
MP7 was a lot of fun to shoot, but I managed to weasel my hands onto something that bends the MP7 over a barrel.

B&T MP9 loaded with 6.5 CBJ. Recoil is ever so slightly greater than that of the 4.6 or 5.7, but less than that of 9mm. The tungsten sabots are outstanding for armor and tissue damage, but the drawback is that they are most probably unusable with suppressors due to the plastic/poly shell. I'd like to see a jacketed design to be used with a suppressor, but doubt it'll ever happen unless someone big adopts the caliber.

Their subsonic AP rounds are a bit odd, but they're quiet, they shred kevlar, and still leave nasty wound tracks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You actually shot one?  I thought the CBJ was just theoretical, or maybe prototype.  Saboted projectiles have been made to work with silencers, see the big 12ga salvo setup.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
That sounds rad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You actually shot one?  I thought the CBJ was just theoretical, or maybe prototype.  Saboted projectiles have been made to work with silencers, see the big 12ga salvo setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=625

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#24]
None of you will ever shoot a P90 or MP7 at anything other than paper so who cares about which is the most deadly caliber?  They are both a ton of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
None of you will ever shoot a P90 or MP7 at anything other than paper so who cares about which is the most deadly caliber?  They are both a ton of fun to shoot.
View Quote
Eh... because it's fun to debate stuff. And I'd actually use one on small game like coyotes. That'd be fun at night with NOD and IR lasers.

But yes, both are fun as hell regardless.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
None of you will ever shoot a P90 or MP7 at anything other than paper so who cares about which is the most deadly caliber?
View Quote
I just might. Don't act like you know what I do!
In any case, there's nothing wrong with discussing the technical merits of each.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Knew a fella who kept a PS90 behind the gun counter.  He was opposite eye dominant, so it was perfect for him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I actually know someone who has taken a few coyotes with his ps90 sbr. If anyone ever broke into his house with him in it they would be face to face with it as well.

Now will mine ever shoot more than steel and paper? Chances are no although I guess it could take a coyote if I was out in the sticks with friends and had it with me. Honestly I would use something else if I was going out with the idea of hunting. Could be a good home defense gun although for me that would most likely be a pistol.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top