Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You can always make more money, you cant always reorder a 1300$ laser made in russia. Get the + model, and even if it wasn't really worth it, you won't know, so you can't really regret it. Like the other dude said, you can take sweet pics of it better than you can with the standard green model. When in doubt, get the better model. Always.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can always make more money, you cant always reorder a 1300$ laser made in russia. Get the + model, and even if it wasn't really worth it, you won't know, so you can't really regret it.
View Quote

This is basically why I did it. I feel like there's limited downside to it being too bright, but I don't have a whole bunch of experience with lasers. I can easily see how one could be disappointed with it not being bright enough. I doubt that's the case for any of these, but better to be safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Perst 4 red and green+, and I would say it's worth the extra money.  The green was much easier to see in the bright Nevada sun
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://imgur.com/a/0ckfCz1

Just a showcase. The setup with the gkr10ms from a year ago.
View Quote

What light are you running here?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Perst 4 red and green+, and I would say it's worth the extra money.  The green was much easier to see in the bright Nevada sun
View Quote

It’s the brightest green laser I’ve ever seen in my life. If the 4 is similar to the 3.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I am biased, as I used to love playing with 100mW green lasers that could light matches etc... so 5mW barely visible in sunlight lasers always seemed pointless and be easily visible in the day.

But a decent IR/vis pointer with an actual usable daylight laser is pretty cool and worth the extra $150 for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sold. I got the Perst-3 green+ . Thanks for the .....uh....encouragement.

It's gonna look great running it on that Thordsen stock......
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can always make more money, you cant always reorder a 1300$ laser made in russia. Get the + model, and even if it wasn't really worth it, you won't know, so you can't really regret it. Like the other dude said, you can take sweet pics of it better than you can with the standard green model. When in doubt, get the better model. Always.
View Quote

You, sir, have apparently mastered the art of remorselessness. Indeed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://imgur.com/a/0ckfCz1

Just a showcase. The setup with the gkr10ms from a year ago.

Surefire M600DF on an Arisaka scout mount.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
So, I’ve logged a few nights behind my 3+ now, and find myself wanting to create a nd filter for it, even at the lowest possible setting I’m getting bloom inside of ~75 yards when running just the laser. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems the laser is just too powerful for close in work without bloom. Obviously going to illum/laser mode cures it as well, but I don’t see a reason not to dim the laser a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, I’ve logged a few nights behind my 3+ now, and find myself wanting to create a nd filter for it, even at the lowest possible setting I’m getting bloom inside of ~75 yards when running just the laser. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems the laser is just too powerful for close in work without bloom. Obviously going to illum/laser mode cures it as well, but I don’t see a reason not to dim the laser a little bit.
View Quote

I can see that. It's intense.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#12]
My understanding is that it's supposed to come with a diffuser, have you tried that?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My understanding is that it's supposed to come with a diffuser, have you tried that?
View Quote

The diffuser is for close quarters use. It works great for close range/indoors but has a very limited range.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The diffuser is for the illuminater, not the laser.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The diffuser is for the illuminater, not the laser.
View Quote

Oh, sorry. My bad. I thought he was talking about the illuminator.

Carry on :)
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone though of a good idea for fabricating a cover for the Perst-3 visible/IR laser lense? I saw someone had made one from a milk jug (?) back in this post.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Neat idea. I probably wouldn't use it - since I use the remote switch, there are already 2 safety mechanisms - Rotary Switch, and Remote Safety. But protecting the glass during daytime *is* a good idea I guess. Thanks for bringing it up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Between the 1st Gen plug and the 2nd Gen plug which do y'all think is better? I'm inclined to think the 1st gen is better just from what I can see plus I only had a 2nd gen and it broke off. It was also pretty wobbly when connected.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#19]
You referring to a blackout cover or a diffusing cover?

I'm hoping to get a Perst-3 in the next week or so and I'm looking to 3d print a few upgrades for it: A remote cable brace, and a blackout cover/cap.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm hoping to get a Perst-3 in the next week or so and I'm looking to 3d print a few upgrades for it: A remote cable brace, and a blackout cover/cap.
View Quote

Would be interested in a blackout cover/cap.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, a blackout cover. Let us know how your covers work.....you may have a few customers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#22]
So is there any way to grab a 4 without rolling the dice on a Russian order? Any domestic stockists?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So is there any way to grab a 4 without rolling the dice on a Russian order? Any domestic stockists?
View Quote

Black Phase Tactical used to carry them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch the EE. They go quick
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Black Phase Tactical used to carry them.
View Quote

I contacted them and he said they have a few en-route from Russia but if he ordered them within the last month they’re going to be on the slow boat since Russia has a work stop order in place. I ordered a zenitco rail at the beginning of March and still haven’t seen any update in my tracking since March 10. I just ordered a Perst-3 and Ivan is saying it’s all going slowly since they have fewer aircraft available. But estimate at least 30 days or more to get your order.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#26]
He didn’t say how soon they’d be in though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was hesitant at first about ordering from Russia.  I had no issues when I finally decided to give them a try.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
View Quote

Forgive the ignorance, which dealer is the "from Russia"?
Is the only dealer on eBay legit? I usually avoid there like the plague, but I don't see many perst 3+ in stock elsewhere
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought my perst 3 on eBay. No issue receiving it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#31]
OK, just made it through all 31 pages here.  Just dropped the hammer on a -3 from BPT.  From Russia with love, no doubt.  Never saw this coming.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Also I heard that the Zenitco factory is shut down. So any stock that's left is it for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah that's what BPT said.  He has a shipment inbound (who knows where) that he managed to get out before the shut down.  He said my unit was in there.  

I am definitely in for both a black out and diffuser cap for laser.  Also plug brace.  Possibly even one for illum diffuser, for pro when firing un-suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was hesitant at first about ordering from Russia.  I had no issues when I finally decided to give them a try.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
View Quote

I've orderd crap from Russia several times from several places and never had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone know if the new gen II KV-1P switch will work on a new gen II Perst-2/3/4?  It's listed at Ivan's as a switch for Klesh lights, but then he says it will work on "all Klesh and Perst devices".  Just wanted to double-check that because other switches are listed as Klesh only.  I know it will be nice to have power adjustment on the KV-5Pswitch, but, I'm thinking I'd like to have the option of a smaller foot print on a 9.5" rail.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the new gen II KV-1P switch will work on a new gen II Perst-2/3/4?  It's listed at Ivan's as a switch for Klesh lights, but then he says it will work on "all Klesh and Perst devices".  Just wanted to double-check that because other switches are listed as Klesh only.  I know it will be nice to have power adjustment on the KV-5Pswitch, but, I'm thinking I'd like to have the option of a smaller foot print on a 9.5" rail.
View Quote
There are 3 sizes of switches that work with Perst.  As long as the switch generation matches the laser generation.
Here's confirmation from the manufacturer: Link

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It works.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Any of you guys have one with the thumb screws on the battery compartment?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuTGtlceC4

Any of you guys have one with the thumb screws on the battery compartment?
View Quote

Mine came with the optional thumb screws. I ditched the panhead screws.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome. I have been looking to pick up another laser/illuminator without having to buy outside of the US. The civy stuff sucks and the MAWL is about $1k overpriced with a pathetic 1 year warranty.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#41]
A little update on their shipments and trackings from Russia. I ordered a Perst4+ on March 27, immediately after they got them back in stock. I heard that ZenitCo shut down production just prior to this due to COVID-19. My package was brought to the post office early March 28th, and according to Ivan himself: "it was released by the customs on 1st of April and now is awaiting export" but there is "less aircrafts available due to pandemic." The online tracker does not work for me — the post offices must not be able to update much, because my last update is "arrived at post office 3/28" while Ivan personally assured me it was beyond this stage, and I recall my last order informed me once it was accepted past customs (I messaged him on facebook because I was worried that my item was stuck at the post office, he has some russian tracking info we don't get i guess).

so basically, if you order now, from anywhere, you are going to wait for production, then everything else.

If you ordered recently while items were in stock, you are going to wait for Russian postage and Customs (which will be delayed), international shipment flights (which will be terribly delayed), US Customs (I believe in NYC, so yeah, delayed), then local postage times (YMMV but mine is actually good).

I'm expecting it'll be here by the very end of April or early May. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it gets here before the 25th, and not shocked in the least if it takes until May 14th.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#42]
OK cool thanks for the up-date.  BPT just said a shipment got out before the shut-down, but as you described, there's a whole lot of handling between here and there.  I ordered this week but all that did was put me in the Que.  I think your estimates sound about right.  

The Zenit website says they are still accepting orders, and their mail system is still accepting packages.  So they will be happy to still take your money.  But the factory is closed to walk-in orders, and I'm assuming they are working a skeleton crew if at all.  But if so, then I assume there is some stock, or enough components still in the system for at least a few units to be made.  So it might be one of these made to order kind of things, with lead men and supervisors building them instead of Ivan the assembly worker.  But this is all just conjecture based on my experiences in mfg.  I could be full of govno.

I also saw that the -2 comes with two switches, which TxZen might have mentioned awhile back but I forgot.  So that second, smaller switch, the KV-9P I think, which gives you reduced length and power adjustment might also be a good way of going.  Be nice if we could pick that shit on a drop down menu.  Americantsy, always wanting more.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

My P-3 Came with Thumb Screws as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I also saw that the -2 comes with two switches, which TxZen might have mentioned awhile back but I forgot.  So that second, smaller switch, the KV-9P I think, which gives you reduced length and power adjustment might also be a good way of going.  Be nice if we could pick that shit on a drop down menu.  Americantsy, always wanting more.
View Quote

With my Perst 4 and Perst 2 I ended up with two short switches and one long switch. I don't recall which came with which laser but I am betting the Perst 2 came with both the long and short and Perst 4 just the long

Actually now that I think about it I think the Perst 2 came with the long and the Perst 4 came with the short, but I had to RMA the first Perst 2. I think I ended up with a second long switch because they sent that back with the new Perst 2
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Both of my -2s came with the long and short switches.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Brought my -3 green+ for some morel hunting today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks to @Synyster06Gates for pioneering the wire splicing, I was easly able to get my TAPS rewired for the Perst 4 today.
Easy to do and works great!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Shelter in place orders have me kinda bored and swapping stuff around just to see what fits where. Perst-3 with Modbutton on a 10" ALG rail.

I guess one question I have though is how far away from a muzzle device do you want that illuminator? This is a Griffin Armament Hammer comp.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Zenitco being shut down would explain the lack of response from them when I asked about replacing the adjustment screw I stripped on my klesh-2.

I'm probably just going to give it a go. It doesn't look like too much stuff will have to come apart.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, with the distances and bullshit involved, I'd say swapping out a stripped screw is something you'd want to do on your end.  At least until this bug thing is over.    

On distances from optics to un-covered comp/FS, I think you need at least an inch back, or covers.  Preferably covers.  Shooting with the illum and white light that close will definitely "coke" up the lenses.  Glass will clean up, but plastic will score as someone showed us a few pages back.  A Unity Tactical button in the wild.  Huh.    

On switches, yeah I'd like both short and long.  Dunno where this -3 will find a home; my 14.5" LVPO rifle would love something like this to reach out a few hundred meters.  But my 10.5" RDS rifle would also love something like this for CQB.  Might have to sell the PEQ-15 and get another one, if this one works out.

Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top