Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one from Zenitco on April 4, and on April 8 it was processed thru Russian post.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered on March 13th and mine's been sitting in Russia since then.  Flights, shipments or whatever are shutdown or extra slow now so be prepared to wait.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Brand new Zenitco site in English:

Zenitco In English Website

New PERST-3 vid from Anastasia on the English YouTube channel too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my perst4 March 10th. Tracking showed it was in Russia until April 10th when it made it to NYC....
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think this is her best video yet.
View Quote

Yea, it's really good :thumbsup:
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah just saw both of those.  Now the wait to find out if I got the new alum box, and if I got the new thumbscrews.  Box, meh, whatever, but thumbscrews are definitely better.  Will be interesting to see if BPT's shipment has the new updates or not.  Since it's the newer high power green model, I'm hoping.

Yes interesting to watch Anastasia's English get better, along with her products.    

Has anybody had issues with the mounting screw?  I guess it's on par with the PEQ-15.  Blue loctite and a witness mark?  Anybody thought about swapping that out for a hex head?  

Someone ask about coating them.  I'm definitely planning on it.  Dura coat "Magpul tan" has been my go-to coating lately.  Works pretty good on anodized allum.  Will definitely post up.  In a month or so.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shelter in place orders have me kinda bored and swapping stuff around just to see what fits where. Perst-3 with Modbutton on a 10" ALG rail.

https://i.imgur.com/p0egylTl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bw2jWDal.jpg

I guess one question I have though is how far away from a muzzle device do you want that illuminator? This is a Griffin Armament Hammer comp.

https://i.imgur.com/NesVtCml.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zvb5oXOl.jpg
View Quote

I’d rock it at that distance from the comp.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On distances from optics to un-covered comp/FS, I think you need at least an inch back, or covers.  Preferably covers.  Shooting with the illum and white light that close will definitely "coke" up the lenses.  Glass will clean up, but plastic will score as someone showed us a few pages back.  A Unity Tactical button in the wild.  Huh.    

On switches, yeah I'd like both short and long.  Dunno where this -3 will find a home; my 14.5" LVPO rifle would love something like this to reach out a few hundred meters.  But my 10.5" RDS rifle would also love something like this for CQB.  Might have to sell the PEQ-15 and get another one, if this one works out.

View Quote

Coincidentally, I've got 2 of the ModButtons and had one of the Hot Buttons recently too. None of them were in the same order. I think the vaporware reputation for Unity stuff is a little overblown. You just gotta pay attention and be ready.

I did have this all setup to go on a 14.5, but moved it to the shorter gun thinking the balance would be better. I dunno what I think yet. Need to get out and run it some.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, I've logged a few nights behind my 3+ now, and find myself wanting to create a nd filter for it, even at the lowest possible setting I'm getting bloom inside of ~75 yards when running just the laser. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems the laser is just too powerful for close in work without bloom. Obviously going to illum/laser mode cures it as well, but I don't see a reason not to dim the laser a little bit.
View Quote
@redtruck90

I have seen this as well on Perst 2 and 4. All the Perst series are supposed to use the same IR laser and yes, it's very intense even past 100 meters on low power. I can't really use my Perst 4 for varmint hunting on the 9mm because of the bloom, I had to add an IR illuminator to cut the laser down to a manageable level of bloom

In general I use my illuminator and the laser together on all my rifles because while Perst is definitely the bloomiest, all lasers have some level of bloom without a neutral density filter. For me it's easier to use both at the same time to cut the bloom
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, Comrades, here is dilemma.  I sold the PEQ-15 and want to get another Perst.  But.  I am torn as to which way to jump.  Options:

1) Get -4 and Klesh 2 with dual switch.

2) Get another -3 and Klesh 1 and new switch they say is coming out.

3) Just say fuggit and get the -4.

Option 1).  Might be more modular fit on a SBR, instead of mother ship sitting on top rail.  I have low pro rails, which I like, but really emphasizes out-sized accessories.  Not to mention defeating purpose of slim rails.  Looks like Klesh 2 might need to sit at 6 o' clock so it can be manipulated.  

Option 2).  Have the same unit on both rifles, common batts, muscle memory, etc.  Get a Klesh 1 to work with new dual switch, or run a SF with it's own switch.

Option 3).  Get the mother ship.  All 4 modes in one unit, single button for all modes.  Best way to switch up from IR point/illum, to viz point and illum.  Rechargeable 18650's.  But needs 110v adapter for charger.  Nyet dobsha.

Man you know, finally having a unit with all 4, and being able to switch up IR to viz, with both laser and illum.  At 1600 bucks vs 2600+.  Talk to me TxZen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Everybody has their own "optimal" - my thought process was: If I have a PERST-3, I only need a White Light, and I want my WL to be "The Sun", not something lower power like on the PERST-2.

So I went with the PERST-3 and an Olight Warrior-X Pro. I have a Fandy 940nm on my helmet. But I have 9" Aero Rails...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah that's a good consideration.  The new -2 is listed at 740 lums.  Which is decent, but yeah 1,000+ is more optimal.  That's really the only serious draw-back to going that way.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]
been sitting in Russia since 21MAR... PERST-4 green. I will pair it with a surefire... when it gets here...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
been sitting in Russia since 21MAR... PERST-4 green. I will pair it with a surefire... when it gets here...
View Quote

Did you order from Ivan or eBay Zenitco?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Zenit...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OK, Comrades, here is dilemma.  I sold the PEQ-15 and want to get another Perst.  But.  I am torn as to which way to jump.  Options:

1) Get -4 and Klesh 2 with dual switch.

2) Get another -3 and Klesh 1 and new switch they say is coming out.

3) Just say fuggit and get the -4.

Option 1).  Might be more modular fit on a SBR, instead of mother ship sitting on top rail.  I have low pro rails, which I like, but really emphasizes out-sized accessories.  Not to mention defeating purpose of slim rails.  Looks like Klesh 2 might need to sit at 6 o' clock so it can be manipulated.  

Option 2).  Have the same unit on both rifles, common batts, muscle memory, etc.  Get a Klesh 1 to work with new dual switch, or run a SF with it's own switch.

Option 3).  Get the mother ship.  All 4 modes in one unit, single button for all modes.  Best way to switch up from IR point/illum, to viz point and illum.  Rechargeable 18650's.  But needs 110v adapter for charger.  Nyet dobsha.

Man you know, finally having a unit with all 4, and being able to switch up IR to viz, with both laser and illum.  At 1600 bucks vs 2600+.  Talk to me TxZen.
View Quote

For me, I can’t see too many scenarios I’d want white light plus laser.

I’m good with a -3 and a surefire.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

For me, I can’t see too many scenarios I’d want white light plus laser.

I’m good with a -3 and a surefire.
View Quote

My bump-in-the-night rifle has a CQBL and Scout 300 V/IR. In a nominal HD situation, white light and laser a quite useful. In a weird HD situation, being able to switch to IR is also quite handy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah leaning towards option 2) at this point.  While it would really be nice to have all 4 on one push, the lack of 1K lum light, and the times you'd use viz laser with it, versus RDS, argue against-2.  The -3 gives you an awesome LAM for IR laser and illum.  The visual laser allows you to re-check/zero IR laser during daylight before night missions.  Nice to have with promask as well.  The question now would be the switchology.  On a 14.5 you have room for switch behind LAM, on 10.5 it's getting tight.  Without M-lok capability you have to add more rail sections for side mount.  Or, mod switch to sit on M-lok rail.  That's the only drawback really is that these units are AK-centric, which usually only have rail mounts.  Either make a switch with m-lok capability (like TAPS) or use a Crane std plug so we can use other switches as required.  Adjusting intensity on the fly via switch looks interesting, so I'd prefer a new switch with M-lok capability.  

But while important, this is a minor niggle, compared to what you're getting here, in terms of laser performance.  Might even learn to run without a switch, just have tape switch for SF at 10:30 and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah leaning towards option 2) at this point.  While it would really be nice to have all 4 on one push, the lack of 1K lum light, and the times you'd use viz laser with it, versus RDS, argue against-2.  The -3 gives you an awesome LAM for IR laser and illum.  The visual laser allows you to re-check/zero IR laser during daylight before night missions.  Nice to have with promask as well.  The question now would be the switchology.  On a 14.5 you have room for switch behind LAM, on 10.5 it's getting tight.  Without M-lok capability you have to add more rail sections for side mount.  Or, mod switch to sit on M-lok rail.  That's the only drawback really is that these units are AK-centric, which usually only have rail mounts.  Either make a switch with m-lok capability (like TAPS) or use a Crane std plug so we can use other switches as required.  Adjusting intensity on the fly via switch looks interesting, so I'd prefer a new switch with M-lok capability.  

But while important, this is a minor niggle, compared to what you're getting here, in terms of laser performance.  Might even learn to run without a switch, just have tape switch for SF at 10:30 and call it a day.
View Quote

On all my rifles, I run my lights, Perst 3 and 4 without switchrs. I just have them positioned where I can just activate them with my thumb without moving my hand. I've never been a big fan of switches though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#21]
The PERST-3 is pretty user friendly for righties, using the buttons - it has TWO "Fire" buttons, Top and Back, and the Brightness buttons are back-left too. It's also fairly low on the rail, way lower than my LS-321G, which I use sans remote on a 10.5"...but I have big hands.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The PERST-3 is pretty user friendly for righties, using the buttons - it has TWO "Fire" buttons, Top and Back, and the Brightness buttons are back-left too. It's also fairly low on the rail, way lower than my LS-321G, which I use sans remote on a 10.5"...but I have big hands.
View Quote

Yep. Even though the 3 is decent amount bigger than my Dbal i2 it sits tighter to the rail so the highest point is the same.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]
That makes sense, thanks guys.  Even with my little bitch hands I might be able to pull that off.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered my perst 4 green + laser this morning via Ebay.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

ha! just arrived in NY?C last night...
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, I just ordered a Perst-4... as far as the wait goes, I'm used to waiting for NFA items, so this should be easy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets hope that the only US Gov agency actually named in the Constitution, gets it to you fast!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Perst-3 did too! That's 11 days from order to NYC. Wanna race?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Botach has the ls321g for under $600 on their site.

I decided to roll the dice on that vs. risk the long trip from Russia with the shipping routes being so precarious at the moment.

Now all of you guys are going to get your Russian lasers and my dang holosun hasn’t even shipped.

I may have chosen poorly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I decided to roll the dice on that vs. risk the long trip from Russia with the shipping routes being so precarious at the moment.

Now all of you guys are going to get your Russian lasers and my dang holosun hasn’t even shipped.

View Quote

Under $600....Dealer cost was upper $500's - nice snag. Its a good unit unless you really need long range illumination. I like it, stuck it on my .300BLK when I got the PERST. A bit taller, but manageble - or just use the tape switch. Crane connector, too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you share a link? It's $800 when I look.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can you share a link? It's $800 when I look.
View Quote

If you sign in, the price drops to $585ish I think it was.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Under $600....Dealer cost was upper $500's - nice snag. Its a good unit unless you really need long range illumination. I like it, stuck it on my .300BLK when I got the PERST. A bit taller, but manageble - or just use the tape switch. Crane connector, too.
View Quote

Nice! Hoping to pair it with my forthcoming surefire mini scout pro and dual switch.

I can see that the sucker is hugely tall, but the rifle it will go on has a unity fast riser so hopefully no issues there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice! Hoping to pair it with my forthcoming surefire mini scout pro and dual switch.

I can see that the sucker is hugely tall, but the rifle it will go on has a unity fast riser so hopefully no issues there.
View Quote

Wasn't an issue with my Holosun 503G-ACSS at Lower 1/3. You can see it, but it's well away from the aiming point. Zero probs with a Unity for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Just ordered a SF M640U, ST-07, and Cloud Defense LCS.  Gonna see if that will tuck under -3 at 10:30 on M-Lok rail.  If not, then 9 o'clock for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Am I SOL in being able to continue running my streamlight hlx in the 1 o' clock position now that I am putting the perst at 12 o clock? I would imagine I need a 3 o clock mount but cannot find one designed for the HLX. (BCM KMR)

If funds were limitless today I would solve the problem with the arisaka mount and compatible m300v but funds are tight and I would like to keep the hlx for a little while.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Am I SOL in being able to continue running my streamlight hlx in the 1 o' clock position now that I am putting the perst at 12 o clock? I would imagine I need a 3 o clock mount but cannot find one designed for the HLX. (BCM KMR)

If funds were limitless today I would solve the problem with the arisaka mount and compatible m300v but funds are tight and I would like to keep the hlx for a little while.
View Quote

I’m not tracking, my HLX fits on any Scout mount.

Ironically, it's currently on a surefire mount with the surefire tailcap adapter and a surefire UE07.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#38]
My understanding is that all of the Streamlight ProTac series have standard scout light hole pattern.
I use this thorntail mount, which puts my scout light very close to my perst-4 at 1:00 position.

Look for my photos in this thread so you can see how that looks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Per Arisaka manufacturing's website, the HLX isn't compatible with their scout mount as it covers a mounting screw. So I was just wondering before I bought that mount.

Also your right the 6 o clock option is a viable spot. May not be numero uno but it'll fit the bill. I currently have the BCM dickmod offset mount and I think I could essentially just move it.

Checked and subscribed to the above mentioned thread and yep bad-ass sir your rifle is TITS.

Sorry I don't have everybody specifically quoted. But thanks again and I will post pics of a similar setup when I see the parts somewhere.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have an HLX, so can't test for you.
On the thorntail mount, 2 screws attach the light to one surface of the mount.  2 mlok screws attach to a completely different surface.  You can see in photos of the mount that it is Y shaped.  Hope that helps.
You could always call Haley. The local shop is closed but they are answering the phone and quite helpful about product questions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Per Arisaka manufacturing's website, the HLX isn't compatible with their scout mount as it covers a mounting screw. So I was just wondering before I bought that mount.

Also your right the 6 o clock option is a viable spot. May not be numero uno but it'll fit the bill. I currently have the BCM dickmod offset mount and I think I could essentially just move it.

Checked and subscribed to the above mentioned thread and yep bad-ass sir your rifle is TITS.

Sorry I don't have everybody specifically quoted. But thanks again and I will post pics of a similar setup when I see the parts somewhere.

View Quote

I have an HLX and I’ve used both the arisaka mlok side scout mount and picatinny side scout mount.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have an HLX and I've used both the arisaka mlok side scout mount and picatinny side scout mount.
View Quote
it's the inline Keymod scout mount that has the problem. One of the mounting screws is normally covered by the endcap of a standard scout light, which needs to be removed for installation, but since the hlx is longer on the back end, there's no way to access the mounting screw.

He might want to use the side mount anyway, to get it up closer to the Perst, closer to 1:00 instead of 3:00.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol - delivered today!

I have to say - highly impressed with the performance - was just out playing with it in the backyard with the nods... the IR needs to get dialed way back
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

"rolling the dice" with Botach?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Did you order from Ivan or eBay?  My order from Ivan with standard shipping is still sitting in Russia for over a month.

Quoted:

lol - delivered today!

I have to say - highly impressed with the performance - was just out playing with it in the backyard with the nods... the IR needs to get dialed way back
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

How are you tracking these?
I ordered mine March 27th
Russian tracking shows it cleared Russian customs
on April 2, but no updates since then.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use this, posted by someone earlier. It's worked for China and Russia everytime:

17 Track
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Did you order from Ivan or eBay?  My order from Ivan with standard shipping is still sitting in Russia for over a month.

View Quote

from zenit on eBay...
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Ivan gives you a tracking number it will work in USPS also. Typically has an RU at the end of the number

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#50]
What are the pros and cons of Qakley Torics vs Revision Sawfly's?  I know the Toric lenses are supposed to be for laser pro, but I can't find any mention of which Sawfly lens is supposed to be for laser pro.  I only find the basic Sawfly pkg with clear and tinted, and a 4-pack of different lenses which I can't find anything out about.  I'm assuming one of those lenses is the one that's been talked about here.  The old link in here awhile back doesn't work anymore.  Can anyone update?  Thanks.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top