Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/14/2021 1:42:51 PM EDT
This is a project we shelved several years ago, but its back on now with several upgrades. Here is a pic of the long barrel version that is about 1 generation from production units. We still have lots to do so I expect slight changes here and there. One of several upgrades includes a switch to HK style take down pins for easy disassembly a better handguard and rear stock. There is still work to be done on that rear stock.

We have a short barrel version on the way, I think I might like it more, but will not have pics for another week or so.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for doing this....

good luck with it and looking forward for when it comes out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That is awesome. Are you guys making it in rifle calibers too?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty damn cool. What mags is it feeding from?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
We think it can be done in larger calibers, possibly anything that can feed from an AR mag. Cant scale up to 308.

These first ones are using the AR15 9mm magazines and standard mag catch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Takes AR-15 triggers and safety?

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Takes AR-15 triggers and safety?

View Quote

Yes, it is using the AR trigger group and safety. Drop in packs should work fine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
What do you mean by 9mm ar15 mags? Like colt smg mags?

Any idea what the msrp will be?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.troupsystems.com/product/fg-9-carbine/

$875 according to website.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are the SMG types. We have all the popular ones on hand too and they all seem pretty good. Most appear to be made by a company called ASC and are rebranded.  The tan ones are my favorite, but the paint scratches off pretty easily, thats what it in the pics above.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in as a repeat customer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!
Will make a good companion for this one and the forthcoming Type 1.
I like the FG42
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Waiting list? Or can I just send you an envelope full of cash. If we can’t trust you guys, then there is nobody left.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
We are making a list only, still months out but we do expect around late FEB to start shipping. Thats how long we have to wait for barrels these days.

Someday I will get one of those Repro FG42s..... I may have to splurge regardless if they come out with the Type 1 and probably easier than trying to get one of those Airsoft ones.

The short barrel version should be ready for pics later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are making a list only, still months out but we do expect around late FEB to start shipping. Thats how long we have to wait for barrels these days.

Someday I will get one of those Repro FG42s..... I may have to splurge regardless if they come out with the Type 1 and probably easier than trying to get one of those Airsoft ones.

The short barrel version should be ready for pics later today or tomorrow.
View Quote

The 7.92x57 Type 1s are already in production; I'm just waiting for the .308 Type 1, to go with my .308 Type 2. M-14 mags are a whole lot more readily available and cheaper than ZB-30 mags.
But I'm definitely in for your version. I assume the the magazine choice is firm, so I'm off to start finding Colt 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#15]
We are locked in for production with the ar15 9mm mags for now.

However the entire mag well can be removed and other mags be used. If we adapt to a pistol mag, we can swap feed ramps too, as those require a different profile.  The feed ramp is attached to the receiver, not the adapter.

Initially we had HK Mp5 mags and Sterling mags but like the look and availability of the AR15s.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#16]
pretty cool. How much of this is steel vs plastic. Kinda hard to tell by the photo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
pretty cool. How much of this is steel vs plastic. Kinda hard to tell by the photo.
View Quote

Every black part you see in the photo is 3d printed plastic.... just for the NASGW show(except the pistol grip and rear stock). However there is no plastic on the real deal, its old school wood and metal.

The receiver and bottom rail are already in production, but I think we are going to revise some of the tooling for the Gen 2s( no real cosmetic change, just a bit more rigid receiver)
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Every black part you see in the photo is 3d printed plastic.... just for the NASGW show(except the pistol grip and rear stock). However there is no plastic on the real deal, its old school wood and metal.

The receiver and bottom rail are already in production, but I think we are going to revise some of the tooling for the Gen 2s( no real cosmetic change, just a bit more rigid receiver)
View Quote

Cool.

So will the possible caliber / mag conversions be user swappable or will this have to go back to yall?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The mag well can be swapped in the field.

Barrels are threaded in with a 3/4-17 standard thread but barrels are usually in tight and need a barrel/receiver vise.  I wish we could use a Savage lock nut system but there is no room.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The mag well can be swapped in the field.

Barrels are threaded in with a 3/4-17 standard thread but barrels are usually in tight and need a barrel/receiver vise.  I wish we could use a Savage lock nut system but there is no room.
View Quote

10-4 I find what y’all are doing very interesting.

For some reason think I’d want a 556 version that takes nato mags
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I find the idea of an FG in 5.56 very neat and its not a problem putting a mag well for an AR15 mag on this. Its going to take a good bit more design work, but I already know how to make it work. Will play with it after we get settled in with the FG and something else we are working on.  

If your a fan of classic military style firearms, we do have something in 5.56(multi caliber) coming out very soon too. Sorry no pics on that one for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I find the idea of an FG in 5.56 very neat and its not a problem putting a mag well for an AR15 mag on this. Its going to take a good bit more design work, but I already know how to make it work. Will play with it after we get settled in with the FG and something else we are working on.  

If your a fan of classic military style firearms, we do have something in 5.56(multi caliber) coming out very soon too. Sorry no pics on that one for awhile.
View Quote

Sounds fantastic!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#23]
8mm FG42 is my grail gun.

Can you even get those anymore?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cool will be glad to see it. Keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#26]
That is absolutely badass.

Didn’t you guys have a 5.56 bullpup you were working on years ago?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is absolutely badass.

Didn’t you guys have a 5.56 bullpup you were working on years ago?
View Quote

Its funny you bring that up, I cant say more for about a month or two.

We had a rather good showing at NASGW and it looks like different distributors will get different mag platforms.   Were not sure on all the different types yet.  Were also getting much better support in place for the new rifles, so things happen smoother and faster.

We also met the folks who run UTG and they have some new fantastic bipods that for whatever reason seem to have been designed for this rifle. Those will be a direct option with the carbines.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is the new shorty version. The bottom rail does get shortened on it, overall its shorter than an AR15 shorty with the stock extended. The handguards are  not the true color-problem with the camera. We are going to change the handguards to walnut and the profile of the rear stock a bit, should have that done next week along with slight changes to the trigger pack-then off to production.

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here is the new shorty version. The bottom rail does get shortened on it, overall its shorter than an AR15 shorty with the stock extended. The handguards are  not the true color-problem with the camera.

https://www.troupsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/IMG_E4253-768x355.jpg
View Quote

That's cool.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Visions of Binary or FR danced in my head.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#32]
What is this, why haven't I seen anything about this before, and when and where can I get one? I didn't even know I wanted something like this.

Also, can it be made to accept other types of 9mm magazines, like CZ scorpion mags?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]
CZ mags should not be a problem, I think we have some and will double check. The mag well and separate feed ramp are removable, to allow just about any mag to be used.  HK Ump mags are the exception, they are just too wide.

Were just about ready to move it from R&D to pre-production samples.  Running into delays with some items.

Pushing for a Feb 2022 release date on the first gen... full tooling will not be ready until March
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this the same company that build the RhinelandArms R22?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is this the same company that build the RhinelandArms R22?
View Quote

Sort of, the R22 like the AR57 we designed to a point then sub or licensed  out. The FG9 will stay in house, we can now make most of the parts.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Any chance of you picking the AR57 up again now that they're defunct?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#37]
This is awesome in a completely impractical way which means I need one.

I’ll be watching for updates.  I’d love to see a .223 version someday too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
CZ mags should not be a problem, I think we have some and will double check. The mag well and separate feed ramp are removable, to allow just about any mag to be used.  HK Ump mags are the exception, they are just too wide.

Were just about ready to move it from R&D to pre-production samples.  Running into delays with some items.

Pushing for a Feb 2022 release date on the first gen... full tooling will not be ready until March
View Quote

Do you forsee any difference in the first Gen ones vs the ones made with full tooling?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Do you forsee any difference in the first Gen ones vs the ones made with full tooling?
View Quote

The only major difference will be the ones with full tooling will have the scope rail integral to the receiver( non-removable). The pro is it makes for a more rigid receiver and lowers production cost-in theory. The con-you cant put a custom scope mount on it.  We do plan on putting the model info on the top of the receiver like they do the old Mausers, so aftermarket rails might not be viable anyways.

Sorry on the AR57, we are super swamped with the FG9 and another rifle right behind it.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#40]
We should have some updated pics later this week or early next.

Of all the darnedest things, it looks like we will switch the wood on the pistol grip and rear stock to Cherry. It takes the best black finish and is not that expensive.  This may open the door to some sub variant colors. Working to get the cherry wood sets run this week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#42]
How is the bolt configuration is it compatible with a dias?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We should have some updated pics later this week or early next.

Of all the darnedest things, it looks like we will switch the wood on the pistol grip and rear stock to Cherry. It takes the best black finish and is not that expensive.  This may open the door to some sub variant colors. Working to get the cherry wood sets run this week.
View Quote

I'll take mine without the black finish, please
A Type 1 FG with all-wood furniture is the best of all worlds.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its funny you bring that [bullpup in 5.56] up, I cant say more for about a month or two.

We had a rather good showing at NASGW and it looks like different distributors will get different mag platforms.   Were not sure on all the different types yet.  Were also getting much better support in place for the new rifles, so things happen smoother and faster.

We also met the folks who run UTG and they have some new fantastic bipods that for whatever reason seem to have been designed for this rifle. Those will be a direct option with the carbines.
View Quote

It has been a month or two (technically).
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It has been a month or two (technically).
View Quote

My fault on that, been running behind dealing with the legal/patent stuff on the other rifle. Its got to be soon as its going to SHOTSHOW. Working towards next week.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is the latest short version of the Fg9 with all walnut wood, we have made a couple changes and still have a couple more cosmetic changes left but nothing major. Also in the photo is the other rifle we have been working on, its a multi cal for those who like something different.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Are we at the "shut up and take my money" stage yet? Please?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep, if you have a list, I still want on it. Cool.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Are we at the "shut up and take my money" stage yet? Please?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here is the latest short version of the Fg9 with all walnut wood, we have made a couple changes and still have a couple more cosmetic changes left but nothing major. Also in the photo is the other rifle we have been working on, its a multi cal for those who like something different.

https://www.troupsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/main-rfg-combo.jpg
View Quote

Both are cool.

Can you give us some more details on the multi cal rifle?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top