Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
On the top rifle, were not sure yet how to classify it yet. What I mean by that is that is it an AR variant or something new as it uses AR15 barrels, bolts, recoil system, trigger groups and mags. Nearly everything inside is AR, so its basically an AR just repackaged in something completely different looking.  

This size is in the .223, so any caliber that works in that size AR will also work in this.

It does use HK style pins for take down and bipods can be attached directly to the top or side of the scope rail.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That top one has a very WA2000 look to it.

Obviously not gonna be the same, but looks enough alike it that I'm mighty interested in that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Holding on for an OG Uzi magwell.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
That 9mm looks like it needs iron sights. Maybe a KAC folding rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the latest short version of the Fg9 with all walnut wood, we have made a couple changes and still have a couple more cosmetic changes left but nothing major. Also in the photo is the other rifle we have been working on, its a multi cal for those who like something different.

https://www.troupsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/main-rfg-combo.jpg
View Quote

That looks great!
Are all the guts proprietary besides the trigger group & safety?
Will there be a provision for adding a front sight?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If you make a 556 version of the fg9 I'm in on day one!

(I know it goes against the concept, but a bottom feed fg9 in 556 would be too cool.)
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That looks great!
Are all the guts proprietary besides the trigger group & safety?
Will there be a provision for adding a front sight?
View Quote

The firing pin is AR15, we use our own ejector and extractor. First ones are made of something called AR500-rather tough stuff.

We were at Shot and did have a request for 22 TCM, if we can get the ammo to work in the current mag it will be very easy addition. We dont have this ammo on hand currently but do have 22 barrel blanks on hand.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Dunno how I'm just now seeing this, but I'm definitely interested in both the FG42 and R2000
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got the 22TCM ammo in, its going to require a different magazine/mag well so we will put that one on the slow burner.

A real bummer as the ammo is really neat looking and pretty low cost.

We will be running new tools next week for the FG9.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just got the 22TCM ammo in, its going to require a different magazine/mag well so we will put that one on the slow burner.

A real bummer as the ammo is really neat looking and pretty low cost.

We will be running new tools next week for the FG9.
View Quote

I got on the waiting list today for both Looking forward to them!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Those are really cool. I wish I had more funds to get one of those. Good luck with the venture.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the FG9 still on schedule for release sometime this month?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like we will only get enough for media and distributors this month.

The flow of some of the raw material we need is taking longer than we thought. Were expecting March to be the month for full production.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
In this FJB world, a 1 month delay is actually pretty good.
We need an "eager anticipation" emoji
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In this FJB world, a 1 month delay is actually pretty good.
We need an "eager anticipation" emoji
View Quote

I'm out of the country anyway so it's not really affecting me

> Eager anticipation emoji

ETA: It's been a loooong time since I've actually been excited about a gun
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#16]
When you have some production rifles built, please share some more photos with us.
Are you still planning on the first rifles to not have an integrated rail?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like all the first ones will have scope rails integral. Only a couple prototypes will not have them.

The original extrusion we made several years ago-without the rail, was not very square so we ditched all of it. I am hoping to have pics up next week of part of the mfg process. Efficient machining has come a very long ways in the last 4 years or so with some very neat 4th axis tooling as they call it.  Its very neat stuff for the machining crowd. In between the crap weather and colds the shop is behind a couple weeks.

We actually had to revert back to the WW2 method for making some of the wood. We had an idea on how to do it, but somebody here posted a video  on making the BAR rifle. That confirmed what we were thinking.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We actually had to revert back to the WW2 method for making some of the wood. We had an idea on how to do it, but somebody here posted a video on making the BAR rifle. That confirmed what we were thinking.
View Quote

Baby BAR in 5.56 next please?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Baby BAR in 5.56 next please?
View Quote

We actually have a Baby BAR in 5.7 we did over a decade ago.  I have soured on that caliber though. One in 5.56 would be interesting, we are playing with a new rifle now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We actually have a Baby BAR in 5.7 we did over a decade ago.  I have soured on that caliber though. One in 5.56 would be interesting, we are playing with a new rifle now.
View Quote

There's a rumor of a new 5.7 upper.  The Lyndon rides again!
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Any updates on the FG42-9mm?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally, we are running parts. Will try to get pics up late today of the development process.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Here are a couple pics of a test mule.  The barrel on this does not have the final profile, just a spare we had around the shop.  We will be adding wood to this over the next week along with the final barrel profile.  On the barrels, we have a new supplier making great barrels and a really nice 11 degree crown.  Machining has a long way to go on what you see in the pics and the cocking handle is missing.

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet! Can't wait for more updates.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any chance of you picking the AR57 up again now that they're defunct?
View Quote

Please do this one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Any updates on FG9 production (please)?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Were running way behind schedule on certain parts...

On others we just entered full blown production and have barrels, springs, wood furniture, small parts etc coming out of our ears. I keep hoping we can get a vid of some of the production soon.

Its going to be real tight getting these to the NRA show
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Were running way behind schedule on certain parts...

On others we just entered full blown production and have barrels, springs, wood furniture, small parts etc coming out of our ears. I keep hoping we can get a vid of some of the production soon.

Its going to be real tight getting these to the NRA show
View Quote

Looking forward to it! I think I'm gonna build a coffee table weapon crate for mine
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Things are starting to come together pretty fast. Working like mad to have something for the NRA show. Should have pics and vids up by Thursday of this week.

Naturally the guns will come together 2 days before the show.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Looking forward to it! I think I'm gonna build a coffee table weapon crate for mine
View Quote

That sounds cool. We are looking for old ammo crates to use as props for our booth. Naturally cant find any in Dallas or Houston.

I have a couple, but not enough for what we need, and the rifle looks great against them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  That sounds cool. We are looking for old ammo crates to use as props for our booth. Naturally cant find any in Dallas or Houston.

I have a couple, but not enough for what we need, and the rifle looks great against them.
View Quote

Tried Omaha's Surplus on White Settlement in Fort Worth?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Tried Omaha's Surplus on White Settlement in Fort Worth?
View Quote

My favorite place of all. I only checked their web site and it showed nothing. I suspect the field out front would have some cool stuff we could use, now that you bring it up.

Edit, well crap they do have something out front. Will swing by this week THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quite welcome.  I just grabbed a plate carrier from them a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Big push today to make the first true samples for the NRA show and dealer sample. Canada and Europe get their samples from this batch too. Hopefully pics inbound tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#36]
We will have these at the NRA show in Houston. Booth #613
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We will have these at the NRA show in Houston. Booth #613
View Quote

@RhinelandArms

Any updates or pics from the show?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#38]
We were able to get a couple preproduction rifles together for the show.  It was a great show for us and we did get a spot on the Classic Firearms Vid updates for day 3.

I will try to get some pics posted, the rifles are coming together-finally.

A big thank you to everyone who stopped by the booth, including the other vendors/suppliers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Neat design. Any updates or release date?  Thoughts on a group buy?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#40]
We are in the middle of ramping production up, which is always a challenge. Its a darn slow process as we make a couple tweaks each day to everything.

The barrel threads have been switched to 1/2-28 and the HK style take down pins have increased in size. The rail below the barrel has been shortened to make room for suppressors(thanks to a recommendation from SilencerCo for that one).

The first ones should be going in for hard anodization late next week.

Its not easy to post pics
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Been getting a lot of trigger time in on the FG9. Just trying to find the right balance on the recoil springs so it fires the broadest range of ammo it can. Weak ammo does not like to eject well with the full power springs.

So far it seems to feed everything we can give it. Mags dont like to seat with an even number of rounds, but an odd number is just fine.

I think we are weeks away from shipping the first ones.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Great, right when I'm about to head back overseas
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Two week update?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Two week update?
View Quote

2 more weeks

Actually, we should be shipping a couple out this week. Were still filling the supply chain up and very low on some parts. Racing like mad to get them flowing nicely but it will always be a limited production rifle.

Another update, were not that great with the red dot. Will be switching to a normal scope soon. Waiting on a Burris or Luepold pistol scope to try out too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

2 more weeks

Actually, we should be shipping a couple out this week. Were still filling the supply chain up and very low on some parts. Racing like mad to get them flowing nicely but it will always be a limited production rifle.

Another update, were not that great with the red dot. Will be switching to a normal scope soon. Waiting on a Burris or Luepold pistol scope to try out too.
View Quote

Have you tried out the primary arms micro prism's? There 1x or 3x are fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Last little details are slowing us down a bit, but expecting a good bit of shipping on the FG-9 next week.

We will also start work on a 5.7*28 version using the Ruger 57 mags. This should be a very simple addition to the FG-9

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Very cool, any idea what the 9mm final pricing would be?

Tagged
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks good. Maybe a 10mm option in the future?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#49]
We are  10mm fans big time, but thats just too powerful for this design.  I was one of the first buyers of the Delta Elite and yes the Norma ammo was HOT!

Pricing should be around $850. For those on the wait list, were trying to firm up $850+SH now, they also get true low SN #s  and first dibs. The distributors get second dibs and higher SN#s for those into that sort of thing. Looks like the distributors will absorb all we can make, which is not many.

The 5.7*28 is a stepping stone to .223, the mock up is pretty hot looking.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the updates, do you have any new photos of the production rifles?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top