Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
@Green0

Is there a way you can quantify the back pressure of the Explorr series? For example is the

- E-300 less back pressure than Nomad 30 which I understand is one of the lower back pressure cans. If less is perhaps a percentage drop available?
- How is the back pressure of the E-224 in comparison to Huxwrz or CGS helios

Yhm turbo and Nomad 30 are the only ones I’ve been exposed to and have read a great deal about the zero back pressure of Huxwrx

If you have different examples, that works also

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quantifying is tough we don't have metrology to test it.  I can watch signs in video on the same platform and see that the Nomad and the Explorr 300 have near identical backpressure- AKA low backpressure.

I don't have a CGS helios.  The OSS can has what almost seems to be negative backpressure in that there is a reduction of bolt speed with the OSS Helix HX QD that can induce malfs for some end users.  That is coupled with pretty horrible sound and flash characteristics in the only one I have experience with which is the one without the flash suppressor cap.  In my experience the flash caps don't do all the work either so I don't expect the cap itself to have totally cured the flash issues, and after seeing an end user here with the flow 556K at dusk vs the promo video on night vision, I wouldn't personally trust an OSS promo video to understand where muzzle flash is.  I don't personally think the loud sound is worth the low backpressure.  I would never want to shoot an OSS Helix HX QD without ear pro, based only on how it sounds under ear protection.  Chris in inside sales here owns one from his time at a Texas gun shop and as a range instructor.  He got some kind of deal on the OSS can.  He told me the sound is awful in his opinion, and he believes the can contributes to malfunctions from slowing the bolt speed down on his rifle.  He has multiple times said he regrets purchasing the OSS 556 can.  

He is pretty happy with his RAD 22 though.  I've heard the Rad 22 at a weekend shoot at our outdoor range, and it sounded pretty good to me.  He was shooting it on a .22WMR so its a little harder to say anything but it sounded pretty good since I don't shoot suppressed 22WMR at all.  

I wouldn't pick a Nomad vs Explorr on backpressure. That characteristic is too close to call. I would pick that on weight, size, and durability.
View Quote

The Nomad to E-300 back pressure comparison is helpful and tks
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top