Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Save some pussy for the rest of us, chucklefuck. It was a joke.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Save some pussy for the rest of us, chucklefuck. It was a joke.

Quoted:
The only Griffin products I own is the camlock piston and mount for my 9mm pistols and I have a Dead Air Nomad waiting for approval, so when I say that you need to chill the fuck out, I hope you don't think I am being biased.

No, there's joking and then there's trolling. Your response to me shows you just want to pick petty fights. Both of your posts fell under the latter category by calling somebody out and making fun of them. I have no issues with that in GD and that's where I spend most of my time, but keep that shit there. Conduct yourself like an adult in the technical forums.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I’m trolling Green0 by giving that rat fuck more of my money.

Also, Alien, feel free to technically Ligma.

Quoted:

No, there's joking and then there's trolling. Your response to me shows you just want to pick petty fights. Both of your posts fell under the latter category by calling somebody out and making fun of them. I have no issues with that in GD and that's where I spend most of my time, but keep that shit there. Conduct yourself like an adult in the technical forums.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The baffle upgrades are great on both if you shoot .300blk subsonic. If you don’t, the recce 5 is the only one worth the money.  

Its like a new can for closer to the cost of the stamp. Thanks for your business and for the kind words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some seriously wadded up panties around here. Y'all need to chill. Go outside and enjoy life.

I appreciate the info Green0 provides to the forum, and their continued innovation at Griffin. I currently have a recce 5, recce 7, revo 9, and happy with all of them. Looking seriously at the explorr taper mount 224 or 300, and also upgrading the baffles on my recce 5. Not because it needs it, just because why not. I'm interested in the newer generation of suppressors.

The baffle upgrades are great on both if you shoot .300blk subsonic. If you don’t, the recce 5 is the only one worth the money.  

Its like a new can for closer to the cost of the stamp. Thanks for your business and for the kind words.

A bit of a hijack, but I got the Eco-Flow baffle upgrade on my Recce 5 Mod 3, and was thinking about it on my .30 Paladin (when the service comes back in stock).  Worth it?  I’m planning to mostly use it for 7.62.  Also, are you planning Eco-Flow upgrades for the Gen 1 Explorr?  I have a .30 cal G1 Explorr EX3 that I use mainly for .300 BO.  TIA.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A bit of a hijack, but I got the Eco-Flow baffle upgrade on my Recce 5 Mod 3, and was thinking about it on my .30 Paladin (when the service comes back in stock).  Worth it?  I’m planning to mostly use it for 7.62.  Also, are you planning Eco-Flow upgrades for the Gen 1 Explorr?  I have a .30 cal G1 Explorr EX3 that I use mainly for .300 BO.  TIA.
View Quote

How big of a difference did you notice on the Recce 5?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just got it back a couple of days ago and haven’t had a chance to take it out yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

My neighbor got his Recce 5 m 3 back recently from the upgrade

We have two similar 16” rifles and two similar 10.5”s.  My Mod 3 isn’t upgraded…we are trying to organize a rudimentary sound comparison but he said it sounds really good (which is nice considering it’s already a high performing can)
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I have. a gen2, gen3, and gen4 (Mod4) M4SD series.  The Mod4 is significantly better in gas with a great tone/sound.  Worth the upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ive been working on a white paper for an entity, and for that we picked three different company competing products we expect to be in contention for that (the best cans from the companies most likely to be considered).  We sound tested 7 cans.  4 of ours, with the other market leading cans for this type of work.  

One of our 4 cans took leading muzzle and another took leading left ear spl. One of the three competitors took right ear by 0.3db.

The mod 4 m4sdk wasn’t leading anything on the 11” hk 416 platform, but it was within one db of the market leading product in the test on left and right ear.  It also beat one of three competitors muzzle. It was the shortest can of the seven tested. From that perspective it really performed pretty well and put down a balanced, competitive performance.
View Quote

Can you tell us which of your products led at muzzle and left ear?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought you blamed that issue on a disgruntled employee and not the production method?

Interesting how stories can change over time.

Which way should they point their “collectible” silencer again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There never was self baffle "removal"- that's a gross misrepresentation of the issue- no cans ever came apart- but I get what you mean on the rattle issue, we went to laser welding for the Recce core, so it's a better welding process and is automated now. The Laser welding is superior to tig.

I thought you blamed that issue on a disgruntled employee and not the production method?

Interesting how stories can change over time.

Which way should they point their “collectible” silencer again?

Just goooooo away. Your being a snarky little annoyance.
Unless you have something ‘technical’ to contribute.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only Griffin products I own is the camlock piston and mount for my 9mm pistols and I have a Dead Air Nomad waiting for approval, so when I say that you need to chill the fuck out, I hope you don't think I am being biased.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I guess tech forums went the way of GD.

*note- I’m a self admitted Griffin fan and always so so up front. My cans are about 50% Griffin so I do realize certain cans match certain applications. To my point. For those who love to throw hate on GD, that’s why it exists. Many enjoy the technical forums. This vendor bashing (of any sponsored) vendor is BS.

There is a ‘line’ and you snarky little ankle biter’s have crossed it.
Don’t shit in our tech forums.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess tech forums went the way of GD.

*note- I’m a self admitted Griffin fan and always so so up front. My cans are about 50% Griffin so I do realize certain cans match certain applications. To my point. For those who love to throw hate on GD, that’s why it exists. Many enjoy the technical forums. This vendor bashing (of any sponsored) vendor is BS.

There is a ‘line’ and you snarky little ankle biter’s have crossed it.
Don’t shit in our tech forums.
View Quote

Thank you for your contribution

I've been as guilty as anyone, pushing back against the pretentiousness of a certain industry partner that I find even more bothersome than the "ankle biters" you're attempting to chide. But, to your point, this not the place to debate character flaws of people we (likely) have never even met in person.

This really is one of the best (if not the best) places for silencer discussion. I'll do my part to stop defecating where I consume to help keep it that way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This really is one of the best (if not the best) places for silencer discussion. I'll do my part to stop defecating where I consume to help keep it that way.
View Quote

Amen. I also have increased appreciation for manufacturers doing comparison testing given that at least one manufacturer threatens retailers for publishing their own comparison content.

@Green0

Has GA ever pressured a retailer (such as by threatening to end a business relationship) to stop publishing comparison videos?

@Mageever

Has DA ever pressured a retailer (such as by threatening to end a business relationship) to stop publishing comparison videos?

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the response and glad to hear it. I like to know what kind of companies I’m sending my money to.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@Mageever

Has DA ever pressured a retailer (such as by threatening to end a business relationship) to stop publishing comparison videos?

View Quote

Not that I'm aware of.  We don't have time for drama an it's not in our nature.  

If someone's doing comparison videos we'll typically ask to be involved to help them with test methodology.  For example, burn-down testing can be really dumb or really enlightening.  The guys that did the beltfed stuff a while back didn't really have a defined test method and no real definition on what a failure even meant.  Does the tube have to rupture? Baffles become too erroded? Guts spill out?  In that series, they were shooting a lightweight 17-4 can and it was obviously completely cored out lonnnnng before a weld failed, but that was when they called the test.  Anyway, that's the type of stuff we like to help with if someone's going to do it.   For Otter Creek's glory hole testing, I offered to send him a can but he had a friend that volunteered his.  

The only time I know of that we've had a strong request was related to some bad data that Silencer Shop wanted to release.  They had their new Pulse system and the data was all over the place.  It had real issues.  The difference is we offered to help to correct the issue.  They did find that their system wasn't working right and so they stopped using it until things got corrected.  Back when they were using their old B&K meter, we brought ours to them to correlate the systems and to ensure we both were getting good data.  I love working with Tyler and the gang.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the response and glad to hear it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When we first had it made, the sales guys were thinking that the can would mean more to LE customers if it was special product, only available to law enforcement.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
When we first had it made, the sales guys were thinking that the can would mean more to LE customers if it was special product, only available to law enforcement.  

I have no plans to purchase any of your cans, this isn't helping or a good look.

Good to see where the company's intentions are.  Avoid giving your latest technology to honest citizens in the hopes of positioning your product as more "elite" when pitching it to a gov agency.  So foot in mouth that you would even admit this.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Good to see where the company's intentions are.  Avoid giving your latest technology to honest citizens in the hopes of positioning your product as more "elite" when pitching it to a gov agency.  So foot in mouth that you would even admit this.
View Quote

LOL it’s not super secret baffle tech they don’t want potential insurrectionists to have
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#27]
My explorr taper mount. 224 was approved last week. I went to the range with my 11.3 inch rifle and tried the rifle with the explorr, my Nomad, and my turbok.

The nomad and the explorr sounded very similar. The nomad could have been a hair quieter, but it was too close to tell. As far as back pressure, goes the explorr seems to be pretty nice. My rifle ejected to the 1 o'clock position with the turbo k, the 3 o'clock position with the explorr, and the 4 o'clock with the nomad.

On my scale I got the following weights:

Explorr 9.5 ounces
Turbo K with plan A mount 11.1 ounces
Nomad with Plan A mount 15.4 ounces.

The turbo k and the nomad have a decent amount if rounds through them, so there could be some carbon build up in them.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the explorr. It's lightweight, it sounds nice, and it doesn't appear to have too much backpressure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

@RyanEsstac is that a dual lok 5?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My explorr taper mount. 224 was approved last week. I went to the range with my 11.5 inch rifle and tried the rifle with the explorr, my Nomad, and my turbok.

The nomad and the explorr sounded very similar. The nomad could have been a hair quieter, but it was too close to tell. As far as back pressure, goes the explorr seems to be pretty nice. My rifle ejected to the 1 o'clock position with the turbo k, the 3 o'clock position with the explorr, and the 4 o'clock with the nomad.

Explorr 9.5 ounces

The turbo k and the nomad have a decent amount if rounds through them, so there could be some carbon build up in them.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the explorr. It's lightweight, it sounds nice, and it doesn't appear to have too much backpressure.
View Quote
That was good feedback. Thanks!  

Did you have an AGB on that rifle?  What buffer weight?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I tested the final M4SD-L tune today.  It sounded good to me.  When I looked at the B&K screen it was .4DB lower muzzle than the last tune.  Right ear was down 1DB, left ear was down .3DB of the last tune.   The number isn't the only thing going on- the FRP was down 2DB across the board, to essentially 1DB, but it can be subtle the difference between that feeling of "GOOD" vs "OK".

That first round can throw perception of the 5.  I felt no pressure at all on all 5 rounds.  That was a good run. I retested it and it was consistent.  Over 6 weeks we brought FRP down 6.3DB.  

It was good to be done with that after six weeks of work on final sound of that suppressor model.
View Quote

When you’re working on optimization at this level, do you focus on a particular barrel length vs multiple lengths?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That was good feedback. Thanks!  

Did you have an AGB on that rifle?  What buffer weight?
View Quote

No adjustable gas block.
11.3 inch BA Hanson barrel with pinned gas block.
Bootleg Ind. Selectable bolt carrier set to suppressed.
Geissele super 42 H2 buffer
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone tried the Explorr 224 or 300 on a Tavor x95 556 or non-tunable host and can give feedback on back pressure?  Comparison to Huxwrx or CGS Helios would be great if available.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the Explorr 224 or 300 on a Tavor x95 556 or non-tunable host and can give feedback on back pressure?  Comparison to Huxwrx or CGS Helios would be great if available.

View Quote

The X95 was one of the intended hosts for my taper mount Explorr 224.  The can did fantastic and gas was basically absent.  That said, I am NOT a mag dumper.  Perhaps the gas would manifest itself with rapid fire, I don't know.  It also disappears on the end of the already short gun.  Unfortunately, the POI shift with EVERY can I've tried with my SAR and X95 has been very large.  From the flyweight Explorr 224 taper to the chonky SDN-6, I see an 8-10 MOA POI shift.  POI shift on my AUG w/ the Explorr is almost completely negligible, not so w/ the X95.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The X95 was one of the intended hosts for my taper mount Explorr 224.  The can did fantastic and gas was basically absent.  That said, I am NOT a mag dumper.  Perhaps the gas would manifest itself with rapid fire, I don't know.  It also disappears on the end of the already short gun.  Unfortunately, the POI shift with EVERY can I've tried with my SAR and X95 has been very large.  From the flyweight Explorr 224 taper to the chonky SDN-6, I see an 8-10 MOA POI shift.  POI shift on my AUG w/ the Explorr is almost completely negligible, not so w/ the X95.  YMMV.
View Quote

I appreciate your response. I had an opportunity to shoot an x95 with and without a YHM TurboK which I understand is a high back pressure can.  The x95 had a Manticore  port cover and rail cover so gas wasn’t bad, that is until the bolt held open after last round. What I did notice was the recoil impulse was much snappier with the TurboK on.  Made getting back on target quickly more challenging.

I’ve read Huxwrx or CGS was the way to go with Tavors but not interested in either because of other considerations. I was wondering if GA’s eco-flow cans would be good enough

Did you notice a difference in recoil impulse with and without the Explorr?

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Griffin needs to send some more HRTs to SS. Mine is backovered . And I didn't realize eform 4s were taking 7 months. I had pipe dreams of getting this before Christmas. Guess not.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I appreciate your response. I had an opportunity to shoot an x95 with and without a YHM TurboK which I understand is a high back pressure can.  The x95 had a Manticore  port cover and rail cover so gas wasn’t bad, that is until the bolt held open after last round. What I did notice was the recoil impulse was much snappier with the TurboK on.  Made getting back on target quickly more challenging.

I’ve read Huxwrx or CGS was the way to go with Tavors but not interested in either because of other considerations. I was wondering if GA’s eco-flow cans would be good enough

Did you notice a difference in recoil impulse with and without the Explorr?

View Quote

I did not notice any difference in recoil impulse w/ the Explorr on my X95.  That said, I wasn't firing it unsuppressed and then suppressed back to back in order to get a real feel for the difference.  I like all of my rifle cans from five different manufacturers, but the Explorr is just about as close to perfect as anything that I've used or even heard of.  

1.  It is lighter AND quieter (assuming the video numbers aren't misrepresented and I have no reason to believe that they are) than many 5.56 cans.  
2.  Any lighter 5.56 can that I'm aware of is considerably louder and flashier (ex. my Turbo K).  I'm talking total system weight, not just can body.
3.  Any quieter 5.56 can that I'm aware of is considerably heavier (Ex. my Recce 5, which I also love).  That said, I really don't notice the sound difference.
4.  It is shorter than many 5.56 cans while still being much quieter than true K cans.  
5.  It can be had with a taper mount or the HUB type interface.  I greatly prefer the taper mount because it is lighter and very solid.  Also, I don't care for HUB stuff.
6.  It has tool features on the mount, can body, AND on the integrated flash-hiding endcap.  They also offer a huge selection of taper muzzle devices.
7.  It is made from stainless steel, not titanium.  I like my titanium cans, but don't love the sparking under night vision and rate of fire considerations.  The latter is rarely important to me, but if I can have a similar performing can for about the same weight in SS vs. Ti then I want the SS.

As long as these things don't start falling apart or exploding months and years down the road, I'm SOLD on them.  My other Griffin cans have held up well so I don't expect any problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't underestimate the number of people who hate me due to what I see on the forums every other week.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't underestimate the number of people who hate me due to what I see on the forums every other week.  

View Quote

You should probably check every week for a more accurate number

Jk.  I even drunk ordered a Recce 5 the other week. But, if I don't like it better than my Rugged cans I'm going to smash it with a hammer and send it in for warranty work
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Jk.  I even drunk ordered a Recce 5 the other week. But, if I don't like it better than my Rugged cans I'm going to smash it with a hammer and send it in for warranty work
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love my recce 5, and I think you will too.

But, @green0 if my recce 5 gets smashed, can I send it to you and it come back to life weighing as little as an explorr 224?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My explorr taper mount. 224 was approved last week. I went to the range with my 11.3 inch rifle and tried the rifle with the explorr, my Nomad, and my turbok.

Explorr 9.5 ounces

View Quote

That actually says impressive things about both the nomad as a 30 cal can and the performance of the explorr.   The explorr definitely on my shortlist of cans.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It has to be taken with a grain of salt because conflict is high whenever a group of like minded individuals get together, especially when the people have a fairly high level of experience or are aficionados of a subject matter, or worse aggressive competitors in an similar or identical industry segment.  It also has one other pertinent detail: the majority of the people hating aren't customers, and nearly none of us have actually met / know each other, so its a hatred based in a probable lack of understanding or knowledge.  

If a person does literally smash a can with a hammer or a hydraulic press as pictured above, to intentionally destroy it, the part of our warranty that would still apply would be 30% of MSRP replacement.  So that would be a heavily discounted coverage, but not a free event, and it would require a new tax stamp on the customer side. There wouldn't be any emotion involved in our commission of the warranty.  We would handle it as rapidly as possible.

At that point you could choose the same model or a similar but different model.  The warranty verbiage is "most compatible model" AKA if you have Dual Lok mounts that would be anything we can put on a dual lok mount.

Our products work pretty well.  I just walked back to CS so I'm not talking in the blind, they estimated we've executed the 30% clause ~ less than 10 times in company history [17 years]. I saw one of those pictured on the wall in Jacks office, and it was a customer's Revolution.  The customer moved to a non legal state and thought he needed to crush his silencer [I'm not a lawyer so I don't know whether that was the legal reality or not], (so he crushed it to destroy it per NFA), and then apparently that residence situation changed and he wanted his options for repair.
View Quote

I'm not going to actually smash it with a hammer numbnuts.

Thanks for the write up though
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I believe the initial orders were only a fraction of units on hand, so I'm pretty sure we have inventory to ship, so as soon as they re-order, they should have your unit without delay. If we were short of these, they would be on the production schedule and they are not on the production schedule currently, so that strongly implies healthy inventory.
View Quote

Awesome thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It has to be taken with a grain of salt because conflict is high whenever a group of like minded individuals get together, especially when the people have a fairly high level of experience or are aficionados of a subject matter, or worse aggressive competitors in an similar or identical industry segment.  It also has one other pertinent detail: the majority of the people hating aren't customers, and nearly none of us have actually met / know each other, so its a hatred based in a probable lack of understanding or knowledge.  

If a person does literally smash a can with a hammer or a hydraulic press as pictured above, to intentionally destroy it, the part of our warranty that would still apply would be 30% of MSRP replacement.  So that would be a heavily discounted coverage, but not a free event, and it would require a new tax stamp on the customer side. There wouldn't be any emotion involved in our commission of the warranty.  We would handle it as rapidly as possible.

At that point you could choose the same model or a similar but different model.  The warranty verbiage is "most compatible model" AKA if you have Dual Lok mounts that would be anything we can put on a dual lok mount.

Our products work pretty well.  I just walked back to CS so I'm not talking in the blind, they estimated we've executed the 30% clause ~ less than 10 times in company history [17 years]. I saw one of those pictured on the wall in Jacks office, and it was a customer's Revolution.  The customer moved to a non legal state and thought he needed to crush his silencer [I'm not a lawyer so I don't know whether that was the legal reality or not], (so he crushed it to destroy it per NFA), and then apparently that residence situation changed and he wanted his options for repair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this policy...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top