Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for making you spend money OP.

The closest gun you are going to get to a MP7 today is a SBR Kel-Tec CMR30, or a semi-auto Mac 11/9.

Pictures are worth more then words so let me show you.

11149375_832197203534083_5559953196422928988_n by Michael Stroup, on Flickr" />

If you want to have it be almost exactly like the MP7, instead of getting Lages side-folding buttstock, get their collapsible buttstock.

MAX-11C-StockClosed by Michael Stroup, on Flickr" />

MAX-11C-Stock by Michael Stroup, on Flickr" />

www.max-11.com has the upper receiver and buttstock, the iron sights are CZ scorpion/Bren iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/browning43/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgrppmv2l.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a623/browning43/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgrppmv2l.jpg</a>
View Quote

I stand corrected!

This is the most MP7 gun you can get!
I am going to have to get one of these now!
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]

That is pretty sick. Throw a .22 can on there and you've got a real winner.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Check of availability of 22 win mag before going down that road.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check of availability of 22 win mag before going down that road.
View Quote

I'm under the impression that when I see people asking about PDWs that they don't get shot anyhow ;)
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Op here is a link to an mp7 video YouTube it should give you the real idea of the mp7.
http://youtu.be/HY_lPyHyqLUmp7
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Op here is a link to an mp7 video YouTube it should give you the real idea of the mp7.
http://youtu.be/HY_lPyHyqLUmp7
View Quote

The video does a really great job at showing the actual size, showing the recoil which is a ton considering it's pistol operated albeit flat / low muzzle rise in auto, the dumb charging handle, and basically how it's only good in a fashion that no one can own.

The main guy in the video has pretty decent trigger habits, that's nice to see. the ammo seems good but no different than 5.7x28 which is actually available.... all in all, yea, it's KIND OF a cool gun in full auto... But in semi-auto, actaully released in the USA, it would be a turd. Straight back to back, the PS90 still seems like the more legit gun.

The unavailability is the coolest thing this gun has going for it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]
My Lage max11 mk2k, chamber it in 22tcm and you are pretty close.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/jtb8269/PVS4/C6FB6D85-89BB-4F86-99B7-5677095CABA7_zpsgfle9mzx.jpg
View Quote

See!

This guy gets it!

Or 22TCM 9r so you can use 9mm brass instead of 223.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have to agree. Legit answers to this thread are

PS90 and Max11

I would never do it, but a Max11 in 22Tcm is the absolute closest anyone could get to an MP7.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/jtb8269/PVS4/C6FB6D85-89BB-4F86-99B7-5677095CABA7_zpsgfle9mzx.jpg
View Quote

JT - what does that monster weigh?  My mind has been blown regarding the stuff Lage is producing!  are you able to convert an existing 9 MM mac to run as as closed bolt semi-auto with all of the Lage goodies?  so many cool possibilities...
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

JT - what does that monster weigh?  My mind has been blown regarding the stuff Lage is producing!  are you able to convert an existing 9 MM mac to run as as closed bolt semi-auto with all of the Lage goodies?  so many cool possibilities...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unloaded 5.9lbs w/o can 6.6lbs with can, so probably around a pound more than the mp7 taking into account the sight, light and mount. It's hardly a monster. I'm not quite done with this iteration, need to finish the mount and probably cerakote the whole thing. Also need to find the damn rsa-s rubber armor for the z-point.

Lage sells his uppers for semi-auto, so you could sbr a $290 m11/9 and spend about $1200 bucks and get something similar to mine in semi. Pretty damn pricey without the fun switch.

Here is a pic with a p228 on top for scale. It is pretty small. Sig is set so that the web of the thumb is in the same position.

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just buy one of the semi auto MAC clones and a semi-auto Lage upper.
BOOM!
You have a gun that will last forever, be accurate, and look awesome.

If you want it in 22TCM or 5.7x28, just buy the barrel and swap it in.

Shockwave technologies makes the best mags for the MAC guns. They are
30 and 50 rounders.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Where would you buy those barrels?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#15]
you cant put the collapsible stock on the semi auto version can you??
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It depends on the clone, some need you to cut the openings for it and others are strictly folders like the mpa dmg guns.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a good point, there is a sear plate riding where the stock would collapse on the semi auto closed bolt m11/9 version, so a side folder would be probably all you could do. If you went with an m10 open bolt semi, you could sbr it, cut the holes and set it up for a collapsible stock and use the m10 version of the lage upper.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 5.7x28 barrel you would get from Masterpiece arms. They have MAC clones already in 5.7x28.
But if you want to use the lage upper that have been shown, i would call lage just to double check that
masterpiece arms barrels would work in their upper.

For the 22TCM or the 22TCm 9r, i would have to dig around as i dont remember off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The 5.7x28 barrel you would get from Masterpiece arms. They have MAC clones already in 5.7x28.
But if you want to use the lage upper that have been shown, i would call lage just to double check that

For the 22TCM or the 22TCm 9r, i would have to dig around as i dont remember off the top of my head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to derail the thread, but I have an M11/9 pending and suggested a few pages back that a lage mk2 max11k would be a good alternative to an MP7, but how would you feed 5.7x28mm through 9mm magazines (assuming you have a transferable lower)?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:but how would you feed 5.7x28mm through 9mm magazines (assuming you have a transferable lower)?
View Quote

Couldn't be done without significantly hacking up the lower. Dude probably doesn't understand that Masterpiece making a whole new lower for 5.7mm and a registered receiver MAC 11 have nothing in common and never will.  22TCM is a thought though. I don't really know much about the round except the idea. I find it non-convincing that both FN and HK and KAC wanted PDW rounds, and none of them ended up with anything like a 22TCM...
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Couldn't be done without significantly hacking up the lower. Dude probably doesn't understand that Masterpiece making a whole new lower for 5.7mm and a registered receiver MAC 11 have nothing in common and never will.  22TCM is a thought though. I don't really know much about the round except the idea. I find it non-convincing that both FN and HK and KAC wanted PDW rounds, and none of them ended up with anything like a 22TCM...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:but how would you feed 5.7x28mm through 9mm magazines (assuming you have a transferable lower)?

1) I never said anything about a transferable MAC.

2) You are right I didn't know the lower was completely different.
The only experience I have is with talking to several different people with MACs in 5.7x28.
That is how I first found out about Lage mfg. The first one had a lage upper and I thought
it looked different and cool.
Not a one said anything about using a masterpiece arms gun as the base.

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Side folder would be easy on an sbr'd m11/9 though, you could just weld the adapter on there. Lage k-stock here

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#23]
5.9 lb.  holy heavy PDW!  I like the idea of a more modular design, but I think I'll stick with my B&T.  my form 1 hasn't been returned, bu my TP9 with light & MRO is 3 lb 3 oz.  a foregrip and side folder will add some weight, but all in the TP9 under 4 lb unloaded.

though, a MAC in 22 TCM is really, really intriguing...
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
5.9 lb.  holy heavy PDW!  I like the idea of a more modular design, but I think I'll stick with my B&T.  my form 1 hasn't been returned, bu my TP9 with light & MRO is 3 lb 3 oz.  a foregrip and side folder will add some weight, but all in the TP9 under 4 lb unloaded.

View Quote

B+T always touts the MP9s weight by saying three loaded magazines weight more than the weapon.

I wonder if that is with 29 rounds (bad B+T owner joke)

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

B+T always touts the MP9s weight by saying three loaded magazines weight more than the weapon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah - squeezing rounds into the extended B&T mags is a challenge.  I don't think I've ever gotten more than 29.  As for the weight, the TP9 is hard to beat. Makes my Uzi pistol seem like a hog (though I still love my Uzi).
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't think it has a last round hold open. Plus kel-tec.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't Keltec rolling out a carbine to pair with pmr30?

Looks like an MP7 with a long barrel.

I don't think it has a last round hold open. Plus kel-tec.

It does. I own one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How about this, from the following which would be the closest to a MP7.

MPX,
Scorpion Evo
Picky 9mm AR build.
View Quote

None since they are all 9mm. Closest would be a ps90
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#28]
weird.  I've had no issues getting 30 rounds in my mag.  however, the mag loader that B&T sells for the TP9 doesn't work for a darn after the first 1/3 of the magazine in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#29]
I freakin love my B&T TP9 SBR. I bought the b&T rotex suppressor that is built for it back in the day. its worth the money. Handiest gun i own. I have a beater gun that goes everywhere with me and another thats a safe queen (for if i finally use up this other one) but it is really a tough weapon. i have put the combo through more than i should have and it still works great. i'm contemplating selling the safe queen and safe queen silencer. I imagine the silencer is worth well more than the gun these days. i dont think very many were actually made under license by ds arms.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I freakin love my B&T TP9 SBR. I bought the b&T rotex suppressor that is built for it back in the day. its worth the money. Handiest gun i own. I have a beater gun that goes everywhere with me and another thats a safe queen (for if i finally use up this other one) but it is really a tough weapon. i have put the combo through more than i should have and it still works great. i'm contemplating selling the safe queen and safe queen silencer. I imagine the silencer is worth well more than the gun these days. i dont think very many were actually made under license by ds arms.
View Quote

Sounds like a nice setup. Do you have any pics?

Btw, B&T usa is making the suppressor stateside. I ordered one about a month ago, but according to B&T it will probably be another 2 weeks before the form 3 goes out (not B&T's fault, but the shitty dealer who is offering them on hkpro saying they are "in stock" but he doesn't have a single damn thing in hand). B&T customer service has been excellent to work with me on something that is completely the dealer's fault. That alone has be looking at picking up an apc9 from them to go with the tp9.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top