[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Erik_O:

On my example, yes to both.
View Quote

+2 and trigger guard enlarged
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Which Dave's metal works tube works on the black aces pro s4?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Erik_O:

On my example, yes to both.

Just picked mine up, both are aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By seabass25:
View Quote

Not sure about the entire tube, However The KZ Replacement mag extension from Botach fit perfect.  Took just a few minutes to install.

The KZ extension is sort of gray finish so I painted it with Black spray paint.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erik_O] [#5]
View Quote

Part #TUR001 fits the Black Aces Pro S4.   Top right on this page.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I bought and installed this one, quite happy with it.

https://www.davesmetalworks.com/m4.html

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:36:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#7]
CDNN has Riton Red Dot (Reflex) sights with mount for Benelli shotguns with free shipping for the holiday for $99

Not 100% certain it will work with the clones.

Riton Red Dot with Benelli mount $99

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I had an issue pop up with my Panzer M4 that I bought in September.  After a couple hundred shells it started releasing an extra shell from the magazine tube under recoil.  I ordered a Benelli shell stop from Numrich and the spring and pin from Midwest gun works.  When compared side by side the Benelli part has quite a bit more area contacting the rim of the shell.  After installing the Benelli parts the issue seems to be gone.  I shot about 80 shells through it without issue.  I bought a take off part from Numrich so it cost me $50 for the shell stop and $22 for the spring and pin.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By potatoeater:
I had an issue pop up with my Panzer M4 that I bought in September.  After a couple hundred shells it started releasing an extra shell from the magazine tube under recoil.  I ordered a Benelli shell stop from Numrich and the spring and pin from Midwest gun works.  When compared side by side the Benelli part has quite a bit more area contacting the rim of the shell.  After installing the Benelli parts the issue seems to be gone.  I shot about 80 shells through it without issue.  I bought a take off part from Numrich so it cost me $50 for the shell stop and $22 for the spring and pin.
View Quote

Thanks for the info - Its things like this that will help us keep these things going.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 12:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#10]
Update on my S12: it refuses to cycle on low brass loads now. Maybe it needed oíl or blew out the seal on the gas ports or maybe switching to a genuine Benelli spring made it too stiff. And it runs fine on high powered stuff. That seems odd because being broken in and with the genuine spring and trigger group it cycles much smoother. I left it fully loaded for a few months and now the aftermarket magazine spring doesn’t have enough oomph to push the last shell out. It’s still fun and I can’t tell any difference in full power or low recoil shells anyway.

I wouldn’t trust it to survive a torture test but it confirmed I need a real Benelli.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
Update on my S12: it refuses to cycle on low brass loads now. Maybe it needed oíl or blew out the seal on the gas ports or maybe switching to a genuine Benelli spring made it too stiff. And it runs fine on high powered stuff. That seems odd because being broken in and with the genuine spring and trigger group it cycles much smoother. I left it fully loaded for a few months and now the aftermarket magazine spring doesn’t have enough oomph to push the last shell out. It’s still fun and I can’t tell any difference in full power or low recoil shells anyway.

I wouldn’t trust it to survive a torture test but it confirmed I need a real Benelli.
View Quote

Isn't the S12 the saiga clone?
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:58:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BNZ] [#12]
Took my Radikal SAX2 (M4 clone), out this weekend (got it on Clearance from SDS for $240 shipped + $15 FFL fee). It  didn't seem to like the low recoil (1200 FPS) shells- failed to pick up the next shell.  If I went back to the hot stuff (1600 +FPS slugs), it shot / ejected/ loaded with no issue.

Good thing I picked this up, instead of a real $2K plus Benelli.  My range allows Slug shells only and even with Semi-auto Shotgun I don't think my shoulders will be able to handle recoil too much (even with sweater and jacket).  After almost 50 shells of Slug, I realized now that I am not a Shotgun person, I'll hang on to this SAX2 just for fun, along with my Mav88, but give me an AR10 anytime.

Still money well spent for what it is. Glad I didn't get the 2nd one, this is just too brutal to shot regulary, kinda reminding me of shooting Mosin M44 with t-shirt and steel butt stock, but worse.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BNZ:
Took my Radikal SAX2 (M4 clone), out this weekend (got it on Clearance from SDS for $240 shipped + $15 FFL fee). It  didn't seem to like the low recoil (1200 FPS) shells- failed to pick up the next shell.  If I went back to the hot stuff (1600 +FPS slugs), it shot / ejected/ loaded with no issue.

Good thing I picked this up, instead of a real $2K plus Benelli.  My range allows Slug shells only and even with Semi-auto Shotgun I don't think my shoulders will be able to handle recoil too much (even with sweater and jacket).  After almost 50 shells of Slug, I realized now that I am not a Shotgun person, I'll hang on to this SAX2 just for fun, along with my Mav88, but give me an AR10 anytime.

Still money well spent for what it is. Glad I didn't get the 2nd one, this is just too brutal to shot regulary, kinda reminding me of shooting Mosin M44 with t-shirt and steel butt stock, but worse.
View Quote

That's weird.  My Panzer M4 is one of the softest shooting shotguns I've ever shot.  I agree with you, though, that shooting slugs for very long is not fun, with any shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By twistid1:

Isn't the S12 the saiga clone?
View Quote

Yeah, I meant SDS Tac-12.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone here got their hands on the Panzer M4 marine version?
What is the thoughts on the Panzer M4?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Theres a daves metal works extended round tube in the EE if anyone needs one
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 3:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: potatoeater] [#18]
You just need the panzer adjustable stock.  My panzer m4 came with it for free from buds.  I think classic has the stock too. The m4s with the fixed skeleton stock have the notched tube under the stock.

If you have an older panzer m4 that didn't come with the notched tube, you can buy it from panzer.  Just have to email them.

Edit:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/m4-tactical-adjustable-telescopic-stock-for-benelli-m4-style-shotguns/
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#19]
If the stock uses the standard Benelli recoil tube then I would suggest this 6 position tube made by a guy in Canada -

https://rxarms.com/products/benelli-m4-parts-and-accessories/benelli-m4-6-position-recoil-tube/
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there a general consensus on which one is the best for the money?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
View Quote

If you intend to shoot it much, Mossberg 940 or Beretta 1301.

The metal or hardening quality just isn't there on my SDS. It handles great, looks cool and functions but I've replaced the soft trigger group and crappy springs. The bolt and extractor are also said to be deforming on other reviews. Mine have slight wear already with little use. If tinkering isn't fun for you look elsewhere.

This works 100% for me and was like $169. I put a little glow paint on the sight for the ultimate poverty class home defense gun. I suspect it will also fail if shot much.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]

The metal or hardening quality just isn't there on my SDS. It handles great, looks cool and functions but I've replaced the soft trigger group and crappy springs. The bolt and extractor are also said to be deforming on other reviews. Mine have slight wear already with little use. If tinkering isn't fun for you look elsewhere.

This works 100% for me and was like $169. I put a little glow paint on the sight for the ultimate poverty class home defense gun. I suspect it will also fail if shot much.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I do want a 1301.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By magnumdeke:
View Quote

Ordered this on Christmas. Finally came in. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks good
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Unless you are getting a Turknelli really cheap I would say this would be the way to go -

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
Unless you are getting a Turknelli really cheap I would say this would be the way to go -

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195283/a300_bereli_png-2676106.JPG
View Quote

I was going back and forth on what to go with until I saw your post and just decided to pre-order one these. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

I was going back and forth on what to go with until I saw your post and just decided to pre-order one these. Thanks
View Quote

The Turknelli clone makers will have to lower the price to keep up the demand for M4 copies.

If they hit $199 - that will keep them moving.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#28]
If they hit $199 - that will keep them moving.
View Quote

IDK if the good ones will get that low.

Here is the latest from TFB -

A Turkish Shotgun That Doesn't Suck at SHOT 2023?

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#29]

IDK if the good ones will get that low.

Here is the latest from TFB -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3hZdHgh7Ag
View Quote

Why didn't they shoot it in the video??

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Why didn't they shoot it in the video??
View Quote

They flashed to them shooting a few shotguns during the video.

My guess is James is going to shoot a new "part 2" video torture testing an SDS Turkish shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's a question I haven't seen addressed.... Is there one of these importers to stay away from ? I noticed multiple importers distribute the aksa s4.... iFC, black aces and four peaks off the top of my head. Is there any importer that is known to cut corners once these guns are stateside?(refer to century arms with Al's for awhile there).

I've decided the aksa s4 is the one I'm going to get, I've seen the most consistent reviews from that one... Just wanna make sure there isn't a discrepancy I'm unaware of.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:07:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#33]
I'm really fighting the urge to swing by AIM and pick up one of these panzers. One of my buddies recently bit the bullet and picked up a Benelli M4, if it's remotely close to it I kinda wanna F with him because he struggled a little dropping the money on it. Not to say a legit M4 is not worth it, but it'd be fun to grind his gears a little. Haha.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#34]
So, by that logic ithe importer is just as big a factor as the manufacturer.... You could buy an m4 clone, made by the same manufacturer, from 2 different importers and potentially see a quality difference?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TisasUSA:

The biggest issue has been the mfg of the guns there. We are hoping to circumvent that with the MAC M2 and 1014. These new models are built to our specs and hold much closer to the originals than we have gotten from the many vendors we have tried to source these guns from in the past. Like it was stated in the video, SDS/Tisas/Tokarev/MAC and Spandau are not buying whatever models the mfg is trying to sell vendors are selling, but working with vendors to make improvements and align the guns with the features and quality that the US market demands.

View Quote

Is there a ETA on the MAC shotguns? It must be kept under a tight lid, as my searches came up with zero info.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Jaydubya870:

Is there a ETA on the MAC shotguns? It must be kept under a tight lid, as my searches came up with zero info.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaydubya870:
Originally Posted By TisasUSA:

The biggest issue has been the mfg of the guns there. We are hoping to circumvent that with the MAC M2 and 1014. These new models are built to our specs and hold much closer to the originals than we have gotten from the many vendors we have tried to source these guns from in the past. Like it was stated in the video, SDS/Tisas/Tokarev/MAC and Spandau are not buying whatever models the mfg is trying to sell vendors are selling, but working with vendors to make improvements and align the guns with the features and quality that the US market demands.

Based on this question and the post above this - is the issue importer specs and not manufacturer QA?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Turknelli Torture Test: Are Benelli M4 Clones Any Good?

I have never fired one, but this review has me worried about them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DanishM1Garand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY4CWm8XwA

I have never fired one, but this review has me worried about them.
View Quote

I was too, but when the Black Aces Pro S4 with wood went on sale at PSA, I couldn't resist.  Glad I got it.  Its been very reliable - about 300 rounds now with no problems on light or heavy loads.

Time will tell how reliable it is but its far better than TFB's experience.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#39]
It seems to me that the the seal around the gas pistons it iffy at best. My Tac12 came with thick, waxy oil or preservative that helped it seal. Pretty sure the pistons should be dry.

Totally concur with the improper heat treatment theory. The chrome looks so good on the barrel. Maybe it’s on spec at least.

It’s a shame because it shoots hot ammo really softly and makes me look better as a shooter. Mine is running great on hot ammo, Hornady and slugs.  I just don’t think it will last. But I’ve probably spent more on Benelli and aftermarket parts than the shotgun cost in the first place. It will probably serve as my home defense gun.

If I had it to do over again I’d pass on the SDS but that wood version looks cool. Now Reeves’ theory about different names and importers has merit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By magnumdeke:
View Quote

I picked one up before Christmas and love it. Eats everything I feed it and than some. The finish is really nice and probably better than my SDS-Tac12.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurbineJunkie] [#41]
Figured I'd throw in my .02¢ since I went on a clone kick and picked up three different versions at the end of 2022.

They were purchased in order as:

SDS Tac-12
Black Aces Tactical S4 (Aksa S4)
Panzer Arms M4 Marine grade

Since that time I've put several hundred shells through each of them and think I would take the Panzer Arms M4 over anything else if I were to have only 1 option.

Overall, they are pretty much the same and all have their quirks with parts seeming to be 99% cross compatible. They each required a complete and thorough strip, clean and lube. By complete I mean removing every single part that is able to come apart. Especially the gas tubes as all 3 guns had grease packed up in the top of the tubes.

Fit and finish on them are pretty much the same with the Panzer beating out the others slightly. The SDS Tac-12 was annoying before replacing the mag tube with a one piece because the barrel would catch on the false extension and require that to be removed to get the barrel off. The other 2 function as they should and clear the false extension only requiring the nut to be removed.

*Continued in next post*
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Continued from previous post:

The Tac-12 ran phenomenal until I swapped the fixed stock and tube for the collapsible stock and tube. Now I'm getting a FTF/light primer strike pretty much every other round. I think I had the buffer tube set too far back and the tail of the bolt was striking it 50% of the time and slowing the bolt down enough to not go completely into battery. Not sure if I fixed the problem cause I haven't taken it back out since I fixed it last week.

The Black Aces S4 will be getting the fixed stock from the Tac-12. I like the aesthetics of the wood but it's not nearly as comfortable as a pistol grip. This shotgun runs amazingly well.

The Panzer M4 is my favorite of the 3. Runs just as good if not slightly better than the Black Aces S4 because the bolt feels way smoother. Even out of the box it just felt like it was ready to run.

The only noticeable difference at least for my examples is the trigger guards. The Tac-12 has the metal guard while the BA S4 and PA M4 both have the plastic guards. All three guns have metal sights and rails.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bgjlrpv
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
I can help you with that, yes, they will get that low. Picked up an AKSA variant this morning at a gun show for $199. It has a name with too many vowels, but is a very close M4 clone, came in black with a nice plastic case, metal sites and trigger guard. Pistol grip with solid stock.

Had a bottle of oil and a couple of chokes in the case.

I have not been aware of these clones until this morning, I won a gift certificate for the vendor as a door prize, and figured for less than $100 out of pocket it would be hard to disappoint me. I am not a shotgun guy, I have had a few Mossberg 500s over the years, and have had a Beretta Silver Pigeon for decades, that I bought ancient 30 years ago. For some reason I have hundreds of various birdshot shells, and a couple hundred 00 Buck, if it lasts long enough to go through those I am happy.
View Quote

I see your in GA.  Where in GA was the show?  Most shows around ATL the last few years pickings have been slim for bargains.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Prices on the Turkish shotguns have come down. If you are near ATL - the RK Show at Jonesboro Road in May is decent. The dealer I help out has some under $200.

There is a Lawrenceville show also coming up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:45:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROMAD-556] [#47]
If the stock uses the standard Benelli recoil tube then I would suggest this 6 position tube made by a guy in Canada -

https://rxarms.com/products/benelli-m4-parts-and-accessories/benelli-m4-6-position-recoil-tube/
View Quote

Just had one of these delivered, thanks for the tip!
The Panzer M4 stock does indeed appear to fit this tube just fine. I havent installed it on the shotgun just yet but a quick trial with the Panzer stock on the tube seems like it should work.
Hopefully get it mounted up this next weekend - the install instructions are 35 pages long! (lotsa pics)

EDIT - Sadly Its not going to work. I got curious and impatient last night so I dove into attempting to swap out the recoil tube. Some notes for the Panzer M4:
- The original tube doesnt have any loctite on the threaded portion in the receiver
- The lock nut that secures the tube to the receiver has something close to blue locktite on it and removes without heat pretty easy
- The RXA tube fits the M4 receiver perfectly
- The M4 collapsible stock fits the RXA tube and adjusts to all positions

The issue is mounting the pistol grip and the rear locknut:
- The M4 tube has more/longer threaded area for the portion that attaches to the receiver than the RXA tube
- Basically the plastic portion of the grip is front to back longer between the two lock nuts and the there are no threads for the rear lock nut to use when mounted on the RXA tube.
- Possibly a Benellli pistol grip would work fine but almost positive those arent sold separately
- The threads are raised on the tube, there isnt more metal to thread even if I had the right die

I am going to study this a bit more and see if I can come up with something to make this work but it looks like the only chance is modding the back side of the pistol grip where the rear lock nut seats

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ROMAD-556:

The Panzer M4 stock does indeed appear to fit this tube just fine. I havent installed it on the shotgun just yet but a quick trial with the Panzer stock on the tube seems like it should work.
Hopefully get it mounted up this next weekend - the install instructions are 35 pages long! (lotsa pics)

EDIT - Sadly Its not going to work. I got curious and impatient last night so I dove into attempting to swap out the recoil tube. Some notes for the Panzer M4:
- The original tube doesnt have any loctite on the threaded portion in the receiver
- The lock nut that secures the tube to the receiver has something close to blue locktite on it and removes without heat pretty easy

- The M4 tube has more/longer threaded area for the portion that attaches to the receiver than the RXA tube
- Basically the plastic portion of the grip is front to back longer between the two lock nuts and the there are no threads for the rear lock nut to use when mounted on the RXA tube.
- Possibly a Benellli pistol grip would work fine but almost positive those arent sold separately
- The threads are raised on the tube, there isnt more metal to thread even if I had the right die

I am going to study this a bit more and see if I can come up with something to make this work but it looks like the only chance is modding the back side of the pistol grip where the rear lock nut seats

View All Quotes

I think somewhere in these 44 pages this has come up. I may be confusing brands and parts but distinctly recall the 'not enough' problem regarding threads, tubes, and grips. I think someone epoxied the sht out it to get it installed, but I don't know if he subsequently posted an update after a couple 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sendit14:

I think somewhere in these 44 pages this has come up. I may be confusing brands and parts but distinctly recall the 'not enough' problem regarding threads, tubes, and grips. I think someone epoxied the sht out it to get it installed, but I don't know if he subsequently posted an update after a couple 1000 rounds.
View Quote

I wasnt sure, I remembered some issues about trigger housing swaps I thought but didn't remember this one specifically. But like you said...44 pages, read through it all once before buying but keeping track of it all months later is another thing.

I found a Benelli pistol grip in stock and a review specifically mentioned working with this combo of parts so I took easy way out and bought it.

Hopefully someday magpul or someone recognizes these clones could become the shotgun version of a 10/22 or AR15 and start making furniture for them. Now that its an open design and well proven, and quality clones are being made, it seems ripe to be a wildly popular platform.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:10:49 AM EDT
[#50]

I wasnt sure, I remembered some issues about trigger housing swaps I thought but didn't remember this one specifically. But like you said...44 pages, read through it all once before buying but keeping track of it all months later is another thing.

I found a Benelli pistol grip in stock and a review specifically mentioned working with this combo of parts so I took easy way out and bought it.

Hopefully someday magpul or someone recognizes these clones could become the shotgun version of a 10/22 or AR15 and start making furniture for them. Now that its an open design and well proven, and quality clones are being made, it seems ripe to be a wildly popular platform.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sendit14:

I might be confusing the stock tube with the trigger thing. Glad you solved for it.

Agree with the furniture idea. Hey @magpul you likely have your first production run filled by ARF.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top