BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:

Nordic Components Beretta 1301 Tactical Kit works for the A300. It is IMO the best extension for the 1301/A300. This is the full kit that comes with the sling mount, rail and clamp. You do want to replace the spring that comes with it to a Wolff extra power mag spring. The extension will be flush with the end of your barrel. There are cheaper versions but that part is a buy once, cry once kind of deal. If you scroll up, you can see what it looks like installed on my 1301.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/magazines/shotgun-magazines/mxt-complete-extension-package-for-beretta-1301a300-tactical/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAP:
So I put the word out to several shops I do business with to let me know if they got one in.  I found one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it.

One of the shops called me and told me the A300UP I ordered came in.  Oops.  So as to not screw the guy, I picked it up yesterday.

The second one has the grey receiver, which is fine, and the 5-round mag vs the 7-round one, which is not ideal for me.  Crap, didn't even know that was an option to specify.

Is there a recommended quality, simple way to swap the mag capacity up to 7 on this one?

Nordic Components Beretta 1301 Tactical Kit works for the A300. It is IMO the best extension for the 1301/A300. This is the full kit that comes with the sling mount, rail and clamp. You do want to replace the spring that comes with it to a Wolff extra power mag spring. The extension will be flush with the end of your barrel. There are cheaper versions but that part is a buy once, cry once kind of deal. If you scroll up, you can see what it looks like installed on my 1301.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/magazines/shotgun-magazines/mxt-complete-extension-package-for-beretta-1301a300-tactical/

Thank you. Their website says it will not work on an A300 that already came with the 7rd tube. I was thinking of bumping my stock 7rd extension onto the second, spare shotgun and putting this upgrade on the first, primary one. Not sure why that wouldn't work, but they explicitly say it wont.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:05:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#2]

Thank you. Their website says it will not work on an A300 that already came with the 7rd tube. I was thinking of bumping my stock 7rd extension onto the second, spare shotgun and putting this upgrade on the first, primary one. Not sure why that wouldn't work, but they explicitly say it wont.
View All Quotes
So I put the word out to several shops I do business with to let me know if they got one in.  I found one a couple of months ago, and am quite happy with it.

One of the shops called me and told me the A300UP I ordered came in.  Oops.  So as to not screw the guy, I picked it up yesterday.

The second one has the grey receiver, which is fine, and the 5-round mag vs the 7-round one, which is not ideal for me.  Crap, didn't even know that was an option to specify.

Is there a recommended quality, simple way to swap the mag capacity up to 7 on this one?

Because the 7rnd gun isn’t really an extension, it is a full length tube with a plastic cover over it. I have seen where someone cut the tube cover and then modified the tube to take extensions I’m not sure I’d go down that road. Personally I’d keep the 5 round gun and add the extension over the full length tube. I like the modularity of being able to expand the tube or if somehow the tube gets damaged it is easier to replace but that is a personal choice. I didn’t even know you could get the A300UP with a five round tube. That is going to be the option I’m going to look for when I buy one.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?60582-Nordic-Extension-on-A300UP

https://www.scopelist.com/Beretta-A300-Ultima-Patrol-12ga-191-Bbl-Black-MC-IC-5-1-Semi-Auto-Shotgun-J32CT5.aspx

Not my pic but here is an A300 with the Nordic extension installed.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Backordered one through eurooptic.

I guess we will see how long it takes!
View Quote

Hope it comes quick for you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Who has the best deal on the A300 patrol?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jagdterrier:
View Quote

Arms Unlimited had them for $869 last week, which is the cheapest I've seen them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Arms Unlimited had them for $869 last week, which is the cheapest I've seen them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:
Originally Posted By jagdterrier:

Damn that's a good price. Think I was $950 shipped in Jan.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn’t even know you could get the A300UP with a five round tube. That is going to be the option I’m going to look for when I buy one.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

SKU:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a front sight replacement? That dark ruby red is not very bright. Even a white dot would be better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a GG&G RMR mount on the way and I keep reading their screws are  trash. Will the screws for the original pic rail work with the RMR mount?
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4585_jpeg-3239689.JPG
View Quote

If I'm not going to mount a light or anything on the end, is there any reason to put the clamp/rail/swivel attachment on there?  It sure doesn't seem like it needs it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#11]

If I'm not going to mount a light or anything on the end, is there any reason to put the clamp/rail/swivel attachment on there?  It sure doesn't seem like it needs it.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4585_jpeg-3239689.JPG

There are guys over on Pistol Forum with thousands of rounds through their 1301s without the clamp. Additionally I think a few here also don’t use their clamp. I don’t think it is needed and if there was any sort of negative impact on the threads of the tube it would have been discovered by now. The clamps slide down the tube under recoil if they are not clamped down properly or if you have any sort of weight mounted on them. I keep my clamp because I use it as a sling point and because I like the additional weight at the muzzle but otherwise it is not needed. Nordic tubes do have a small lip that the clamp can index off of to mitigate the clamp sliding forward but even then it can still slide forward if you mount something like a light to the clamp.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#12]

I saw your post/pic on pg3 also. I'm trying to determine if an AP Micro/ Holosun503 (ACSS) on an Aridus CROM will cowitness with A300UP front sight. Or 1/3 height. Any updates or post-range experiences?

Currently have a HS503 Paralow (with ACSS) on a Skalarworks Sync02, which requires removal of the rear sight. GREAT design and form. But I'm finding I need to either remove the front fiber-tube attachment OR add a rear ghost ring. Wasn't expecting that. Looks like this Skalarworks Sync02 with a micro/HS503 (scroll down to the "Roomy" heading). I'm sure I could "train away" any issues with needing a complete iron sight reference but this is a hobby, for now.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Beretta a300 ultima patrol gas piston housing cleaning.
How ? Does spring come off . Is it necessary?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I just received the GG&G RMR mount today and had to do a little work to get it to install correctly.  I tried to use the screws that came with my Holosun 508T but they were not the correct size.  The screws that come with the mount are for the RMR only and will protrude into the top of the receiver if you use them with Holosun.  The threads were very tight with the included screws so I had to chase the 6-32 threads and then I had to remove 0.04" from the screws.  After all of that it installed fine, but by no means "plug and play."
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoomToob:

It’s worthwhile if you can get it at a reasonable price. The tips of my gloves get worn out after shooting and loading a bunch. Probably 1 pair every 8-12 months. Once they start getting chewed up in the thumbs, the elevator starts to grab them. This happens the worst on the 870, with the beretta being close behind it. With the pro lifter it’s a non issue. I say that this is the biggest benefit.

Back in stock at Beretta. Just ordered one. They seem to go fast.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:46:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fokkfess] [#16]
Originally Posted By Wags:

Back in stock at Beretta. Just ordered one. They seem to go fast.
View Quote

Is this the correct one for the A300 UP?

I just ordered the one linked so hopefully it is correct.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#17]
Hello fellas, I must have missed this thread. I got one for Father’s Day this year.
Attachment Attached File

It’s the new multicam version. I haven’t shot it yet unfortunately.

There are a few things on it, that make go hmmm….

Like this area:
Attachment Attached File

Weird pattern there, or is it?

The other side is perfect.
Attachment Attached File

And this thing. What the heck?
Attachment Attached File

Not sure what’s going on there. A bulge in the camo.

But I still love it. Can’t wait to take it out to the range.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dangermouse78:
Hello fellas, I must have missed this thread. I got one for Father’s Day this year.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4004_jpeg-3252829.JPG

Like this area:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4018_jpeg-3252832.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4020_jpeg-3252835.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4019_jpeg-3252836.JPG

View Quote

Was it used?
Looks like someone used some harsh cleaning agents and it had a reaction with the coating.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#19]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

Was it used?
Looks like someone used some harsh cleaning agents and it had a reaction with the coating.
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4004_jpeg-3252829.JPG

Like this area:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4018_jpeg-3252832.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4020_jpeg-3252835.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/IMG_4019_jpeg-3252836.JPG

Was it used?

New. Display model.

They took $60 off because of that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#20]

New. Display model.

View Quote

Weird, but hey $60 is $60.
I'm digging the camo btw.
Congrats
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Congrats
View All Quotes

New. Display model.

Congrats

I hear ya. I figure if I actually use it, it’s going to get some scratches anyway. I plan of Turkey hunting with it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fokkfess:

Is this the correct one for the A300 UP?

I just ordered the one linked so hopefully it is correct.  
View Quote

It's the right one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like hydro dipping. That happens sometimes in the transfer process. The weird swirling of the pattern. I’ve never seen them not coat the serial number though. The nice thing about hydro dipped finishes is that they are relatively tough. I have a Remington 870 Desert Tactical that is about 15 years old that the hydro finish still looks pretty good on.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greyeyezz] [#24]
Well I put the first hundred rounds through since getting back from Beretta, it ran like a scalded dog, like it should. That previous trigger assembly was really messed up, it wouldn't flip rounds out of the mag tube up fast enough causing jams. And the trigger was abysmal, gritty and creepy. This one is nice and smooth.

Check your rear sight base screws, mine were barely hand tight.

I had an Esstac shot card with seven rounds brass down the entire time no rounds moved.

Estate buckshot and Armscorp slugs left no fouling by the gas ports like Federal did. My theory is the FC shot cup is melting in the hot barrel leaving that fouling. It was a bitch to remove with a brass brush and my cordless drill.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like hydro dipping. That happens sometimes in the transfer process. The weird swirling of the pattern. I’ve never seen them not coat the serial number though. The nice thing about hydro dipped finishes is that they are relatively tough. I have a Remington 870 Desert Tactical that is about 15 years old that the hydro finish still looks pretty good on.
View Quote

Yeah, I don’t know. Weird huh. & it’s just in that little area & that one little dot near the number. Otherwise it’s perfect.

Still haven’t had a chance to take it out to the range. Hopefully this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By slack_out:

I saw your post/pic on pg3 also. I'm trying to determine if an AP Micro/ Holosun503 (ACSS) on an Aridus CROM will cowitness with A300UP front sight. Or 1/3 height. Any updates or post-range experiences?

Currently have a HS503 Paralow (with ACSS) on a Skalarworks Sync02, which requires removal of the rear sight. GREAT design and form. But I'm finding I need to either remove the front fiber-tube attachment OR add a rear ghost ring. Wasn't expecting that. Looks like this Skalarworks Sync02 with a micro/HS503 (scroll down to the "Roomy" heading). I'm sure I could "train away" any issues with needing a complete iron sight reference but this is a hobby, for now.  Thanks in advance
View Quote

The T1 is a lower 1/3rd cowitness

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Mounted my Surfire light and finally got the right tail cap and tape switch where I wanted it.  Did a ghetto Goon tape job to cover it all and it smoothed out the aggressive texture on the grip for my supple hands.  
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 12:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#29]
Got the pro lifter installed, literally a 5 minute job but the video from the last page was a huge help.

D clip was not a challenge to remove or re-install at all. just rolled the "round" part over and it came right off.  Reversed for the install, super super simple.

Only thing that was tougher was ghost loading.  I found its doable, but you really have to be careful with how far the bolt is retracted and not pushing the shell release button by the lifter all the way....just enough to clear the angled metal piece.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#30]
The Pro Lifter is in stock on Beretta's website.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I don't run my 1301's with the tube extensions with a magazine clamp. But I frequently disassemble my shotguns for cleaning and to demonstrate for clients.

The Nordic extensions do a good job of staying tight as you shoot them...but you should always check that. If you find that your tube extension likes to loosen as you shoot then definitely use the clamp so you don't end up with the barrel yeeting downrange after it pulls the loosened tube off the gun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

I don't run my 1301's with the tube extensions with a magazine clamp. But I frequently disassemble my shotguns for cleaning and to demonstrate for clients.

The Nordic extensions do a good job of staying tight as you shoot them...but you should always check that. If you find that your tube extension likes to loosen as you shoot then definitely use the clamp so you don't end up with the barrel yeeting downrange after it pulls the loosened tube off the gun.
View Quote

The main issue with unclamped mag extensions are that if it bangs anything especially while fully loaded, it comes unscrewed very easily and then if you're in a serious use situation you have a nightmare on your hands (ask me how I know).  There were a lot of aftermarket 2 shot extensions for the 870, etc that didn't have mag clamps which were around the same length as the 1301 tactical.  If you don't impact anything with them, they are usually fine.  Better to be safe than sorry though IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#33]
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
The Pro Lifter is in stock on Beretta's website.
View Quote

It was in stock at MidWest Gun Works last night too. $65. I ordered one.

ETA: Still in stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Skar:

Beretta a300 ultima patrol gas piston housing cleaning.
How ? Does spring come off . Is it necessary?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/272659/IMG_0557_png-3250976.JPG
View Quote

That spring controls the gas valve.

It should not be removed outside the factory.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Big shout out to those of you who suggested going with Bereli…I just ordered a grey A300 today…
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah thanks for the heads up on Bereli.  I ordered a gray A300 UP last night.  They are definitely the best price around.   The Blue Trace version was $150-$250 less than GB.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By evnash:
anyone try the new SI clamp?

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-sg-bcl-1301tac.html
View Quote

For an SI product it doesn’t look bad but at that price point I’m not sure I’d go for it over the Nordic. SI stuff can sometimes look at little gaudy.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Yesterday 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Gray one on the way from Bereli. I have a Gideon Omega to try out on it. Does it come with velcro side saddle? where to buy spares?
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top