Site Notices
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 21 of 21)
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
We should be getting Johnny Law, Noah and Mobster in soon.
View Quote

@HansohnBrothers any chance of ODB's?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
We should be getting Johnny Law, Noah and Mobster in soon.
View Quote

I have been waiting on a Mobster. Can I preorder or get on a waiting list?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be adding them to the website tonight, then you get on the waiting list.
Thanks!
View Quote

Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Did I make a huge mistake buying inconel alleycats instead of titanium alleycats?

All of the inconel ACs are twice or almost twice the weight of their titanium AC counterparts......sigh
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 9:08:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tug153] [#7]
I was going to go inconel, but after seeing their videos on the WB today, I am going titanium if I can ever find one.

Also, the dirty dave looks interesting. I am curious how it would work on 5.56.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the ti cans seem great UNLESS NV is on the table, as ti cans, and I think in particular 3D printed ones, vomit sparks. Whether that extra bit of signature reduction is worth the weight for you or not is up for you to decide.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lynxpoint:
Did I make a huge mistake buying inconel alleycats instead of titanium alleycats?

All of the inconel ACs are twice or almost twice the weight of their titanium AC counterparts......sigh
View Quote

I don’t know about the Alleycats, but some of their other titanium models hit the temperature limit prescribed by the manual in around 15-20 rounds of 5.56, and then you’re supposed to let them cool.

I personally have no interest in such a limited use suppressor and would go with inconel between the two.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By peachy: I personally have no interest in such a limited use suppressor and would go with inconel between the two.
View Quote
I agree. Seemingly others do to as the Ti versions are easier to find in stock compared to the Inconel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 8:10:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lynxpoint] [#11]
https://modernwarriors.com/product/cat-wb-718-ti-5.56mm-qd-with-1-2x28-spooky-one-mount-black

https://www.bauer-precision.com/cat-wb-ti-5-56mm-suppressor-1-375x24-hub/

@Tug153
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#12]
It may have been said somewhere (or maybe just guesses), did we ever find out who's behind CAT silencers.

The last I knew it was leaning toward Korean.  Not a big deal, just trying to figure out who shot Kennedy, is Bigfoot real, does the Lock Ness Monster exist, and who's behind CAT silencers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#13]
https://modernwarriors.com/product/cat-wb-718-ti-5.56mm-qd-with-1-2x28-spooky-one-mount-black

https://www.bauer-precision.com/cat-wb-ti-5-56mm-suppressor-1-375x24-hub/

@Tug153
View Quote

Thank you! Ordered.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I pick up my ODB 718 tomorrow. Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Creole_Cat:
I pick up my ODB 718 tomorrow. Range report to follow.
View Quote

You should like it mine does great on 308, 6.5cm, and 556. I finally got my hands on an AC308 (mil JL) in 718 so going to shoot that this weekend most likely.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:46:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#16]
CAT is sending HUB MOBs to SS in three weeks. I placed a pre-order earlier this week and was #48 in line. CAT told me that they plan to ship 54 cans, so there may be a few more open spots available for fulfillment on this next shipment if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Cat said they would have AC 9mm but not until 2025 so I think I will just buy a mob or two
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:43:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lynxpoint] [#18]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
CAT is sending HUB MOBs to SS in three weeks. I placed a pre-order earlier this week and was #48 in line. CAT told me that they plan to ship 54 cans, so there may be a few more open spots available for fulfillment on this next shipment if anyone is interested.
View Quote

I'm staring at a mob that's in stock right now but it's QD....if its going to permanently live on my ap5-p, should be fine right? biggest thing with QD is added length and supposedly less accuracy?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm staring at a mob that's in stock right now but it's QD....if its going to permanently live on my ap5-p, should be fine right? biggest thing with QD is added length and supposedly less accuracy?
View Quote

It will be fine. I am not certain on length, but accuracy, especially from 9mm subs, should not be affected to any appreciable degree.  

I want modularity and the ability to run tri lug, so HUB is a must for me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I use the CAT/CGS QD on three 5.56 cans and all are perfectly aligned. I use 3 lug on 9mm cans and they can be so far off depending on host and 3 lug clocking that it's shocking. So, I won't use 3 lug without checking with an alignment rod and using the best of the 3 positions. Also, my Mob is impressive, quieter than my CT9KS, but it's a little long for my taste.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 9:48:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lynxpoint] [#21]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
I use the CAT/CGS QD on three 5.56 cans and all are perfectly aligned. I use 3 lug on 9mm cans and they can be so far off depending on host and 3 lug clocking that it's shocking. So, I won't use 3 lug without checking with an alignment rod and using the best of the 3 positions. Also, my Mob is impressive, quieter than my CT9KS, but it's a little long for my taste.
View Quote

thoughts on mob vs yhm r9?

didnt realize mob only comes in titanium (for now), not sure if it gets sparky under nods. you mentioned its length....7.74" vs 5.2".......tempted to just get some r9s even if the mob is "better" all around
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry, I don’t have a R9. I’ll post some videos in the future, but the Mob is my quietest, followed closely by the CT9KS, with a bigger difference to the Wolfman short, then the Omega 9k. On paper, the R9 is similar to the Wolfman short which I don’t think is very close to the Mob. The CT9KS is totally awesome and I’ve shot it without ear pro on several hosts and it’s comfortable for my sensitive ears, but the Mob is surprisingly quieter still. Lightweight too, but too long IMHO. I’d prefer the same ‘technology’ in a shorter, fatter can like the CT9KS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Shot the AC308(thicc JL) on 300prc bolt gun, 300blackout subs and supers straight pull, 308 dd5, 6.5 cm dd5, and it did very well on all of them. 300 black subs to me were in the suppressed 22lr realm and 300prc and the other gas gun rifle cartridges were very pleasant to shoot.

Across all calibers shot about 200 ish rounds with some friends plinking at 500 yards. Everyone was impressed with the JL and ODB as well.
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 21 of 21)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top