User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 39 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By longsview:
I just picked up a Bren 2 ms carbine last week from Nagels in Tx.  Love it !  Makes the Scar 16 look cheap in comparison.  I like the pistols too but the carbine is too sweet to pass up.  I'm sure the handguards can be swapped out if you don't like.  It feels really good in the hands.  The folding stock is nice and tight unlike the wobbly pistols mount.  It came with a nice three button green pouch full of tools, cleaning rod, oil, cleaning brushes - really nice touch.  I'm a happy camper !!
View Quote

Awesome!  I'm not a fan of the look but have no doubts it is an amazing weapon, definitely a step above the SCAR and ACR.  Can you adjust the comb piece on the stock or no?  Looking at the gun it doesn't look like you'd even need to, but I was just curious.  Would you recommend the new Bren stock or an ACR stock?  I am waiting on the Bren stock for my 14", but am not sure when they'll be available.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have shooting impressions of the carbine compared to the pistols?

Also, does anyone know what the name and size of the washers/screws used to secure the handguard are?  I need to order replacements as my HBI handguard saga continues...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By balthezor:

The barrels would be compatible between the 2S and 2 MS models? Also between 7.62 can use 5.56 barrels?
View Quote

I dont think so
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#4]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I dont think so
View Quote

They are compatible. Just need to keep the 3 s rails with the s receiver and the 3 ms rails wiith the ms receiver.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

They are compatible. Just need to keep the 3 s rails with the s receiver and the 3 ms rails wiith the ms receiver.
View Quote

Glad to hear. Just wanted to know that if CZ ever releases the barrels, I can use a 5.56 one in my 7.62x39 pistol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Glad to hear. Just wanted to know that if CZ ever releases the barrels, I can use a 5.56 one in my 7.62x39 pistol.
View Quote

You can but you will need the 5.56 bolt, magazine insert along with the 5.56 barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]

You can but you will need the 5.56 bolt, magazine insert along with the 5.56 barrel assembly.
View Quote

Which will probably end up being over half the price of the gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: longsview] [#8]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Awesome!  I'm not a fan of the look but have no doubts it is an amazing weapon, definitely a step above the SCAR and ACR.  Can you adjust the comb piece on the stock or no?  Looking at the gun it doesn't look like you'd even need to, but I was just curious.  Would you recommend the new Bren stock or an ACR stock?  I am waiting on the Bren stock for my 14", but am not sure when they'll be available.
View Quote

No adjust comb piece on the stock.  I believe that was reserved for the BR NATO 7.62 version.   (which I'm also waiting for......) I don't have a ACR stock so can't comment - love the bren stock though.  I hope to get out to the range in a couple of weeks.   Yea I was almost ready to purchase an 11" or 14" and then saw a carbine pop up on GB.  Did some searching online and found one in stock at a lower price.  I decided to grab the carbine now because who knows what shortages or delays will come up in this environment we are in now.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By longsview:

No adjust comb piece on the stock.  I believe that was reserved for the BR NATO 7.62 version.   (which I'm also waiting for......) I don't have a ACR stock so can't comment - love the bren stock though.  I hope to get out to the range in a couple of weeks.   Yea I was almost ready to purchase an 11" or 14" and then saw a carbine pop up on GB.  Did some searching online and found one in stock at a lower price.  I decided to grab the carbine now because who knows what shortages or delays will come up in this environment we are in now.   
View Quote

I might be in the minority but my ACR stock sucks.

The cheek riser is always knocked out of position due to recoil.  I'm glad there is no riser on the Bren 2 stock.  Granted, i say that without having tried the rifle with a 1.93 or Unity Fast mount height lol!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
@longsview

Post some pictures of that carbine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Euro-Military has Bren 2 Stocks listed and in stock. Low price with Free Shipping
http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-BR-Folding-Adjustable-Butt-Stock-d785.htm
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Awesome!  I'm not a fan of the look but have no doubts it is an amazing weapon, definitely a step above the SCAR and ACR.  Can you adjust the comb piece on the stock or no?  Looking at the gun it doesn't look like you'd even need to, but I was just curious.  Would you recommend the new Bren stock or an ACR stock?  I am waiting on the Bren stock for my 14", but am not sure when they'll be available.
View Quote

The riser on the stock can be raised. There is a pin that pushes out so you can raise the riser up and then you push the pin back in to secure it in place.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Euro-Military has Bren 2 Stocks listed and in stock. Low price with Free Shipping
http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-BR-Folding-Adjustable-Butt-Stock-d785.htm
View Quote

Thanks for posting that, just made my shooting buddies whole day!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Euro-Military has Bren 2 Stocks listed and in stock. Low price with Free Shipping
View Quote

Thank you. Have been dying to get the stock and rails for my 2s. You made my day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

In for a stock.  Now for the hardest part, the wait...
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Anyone have experience with this vendor?  Are they legit?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
Euro-Military has Bren 2 Stocks listed and in stock. Low price with Free Shipping

I've ordered from Petr and CZ-USA on the same day before, and got my stuff from Prague long before
I got my stuff from Kansas City. Yes, he is legit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Anyone have experience with this vendor?  Are they legit?
View Quote

They're legit. I worked with them to bring in the 2s rails, when I ordered I had them 3 days later from the Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I might be in the minority but my ACR stock sucks.

The cheek riser is always knocked out of position due to recoil.  I'm glad there is no riser on the Bren 2 stock.  Granted, i say that without having tried the rifle with a 1.93 or Unity Fast mount height lol!
View Quote

I beg to differ, as my acr braced Bren is solid as a rock In terms of it having 0 play and a solid lock up....the riser is so tight it literally takes allot of effort to adjust, but then it locks up tight.  Been shooting mine 7.62x39 for about  a year now and never had the riser get knocked out due to recoil, if locked in the proper position

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ar671:

I beg to differ, as my acr braced Bren is solid as a rock In terms of it having 0 play and a solid lock up....the riser is so tight it literally takes allot of effort to adjust, but then it locks up tight.  Been shooting mine 7.62x39 for about  a year now and never had the riser get knocked out due to recoil, if locked in the proper position

View Quote

Same for me. The thing is so damn tight I can’t imagine it would ever get so loose that recoil would uncouple it from the locked position.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Dunno what to tell you guys.

I have a recent production ACR stock that is probably three months old now.  The riser is constantly moving out of its locked position.  Sample size of one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalMike] [#22]
Dunno what to tell you guys.

I have a recent production ACR stock that is probably three months old now.  The riser is constantly moving out of its locked position.  Sample size of one.
View Quote

Same experience with my older production ACR stock.  The riser doesnt stay put at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lordboogie:

They're legit. I worked with them to bring in the 2s rails, when I ordered I had them 3 days later from the Czech Republic.
View Quote

Can I request a pic of your 2 S with the rail? Wondering if I should spend $120 to get them
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have both the Br stock and OEM Stock that Czech military uses? Im wondering which is the best for 11" sbr. I see that the French Spec Ops use the Br Stock with the 9" 762x39.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]
In for a few as well. Thank's for the link!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh my... Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Man those BR stocks sold out quick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
Man those BR stocks sold out quick.
View Quote

I know
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#29]
We'll see how the BR stock compares to the ACR when it gets here.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#30]

The riser on the stock can be raised. There is a pin that pushes out so you can raise the riser up and then you push the pin back in to secure it in place.
View Quote

Na, comb on the br stock (same stock as that found on the carbine) is a non-adjustable affair. It is however easily swapped out should other heights become available. (Essentially think like a replaceable backstrap on a pistol)
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#31]
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:
Anyone have both the Br stock and OEM Stock that Czech military uses? Im wondering which is the best for 11" sbr. I see that the French Spec Ops use the Br Stock with the 9" 762x39.
View Quote

If you are wanting a slightly smaller package fully collapsed, the old style stock will be a little short and is about an ounce lighter. The br stock has more rigid adjustments and greater adjustment range.  I would also say the old style stock gives a little more of heads up style shooting configuration with the cheek rest being a little lower and narrower at the top which may be beneficial if you are a big fan of shooting ar15s with 1.7+ height mounts as it will give you a similarish feeling. For optics that require a more solid cheekweld I'd give the edge to br stock.

Obviously the cheekweld comments will depend on face size and personnel preference but those are my overall impressions having used both quite a bit.

ETA. You are gaining an additional qd pocket with the br stock if that matters and I would say follow ups are quicker with it of the two.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#32]

They are compatible. Just need to keep the 3 s rails with the s receiver and the 3 ms rails wiith the ms receiver.
View Quote

I just re-read this - I was thinking the bren 1.

I have a bren 1 and they are not, afaik compatible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

If you are wanting a slightly smaller package fully collapsed, the old style stock will be a little short and is about an ounce lighter. The br stock has more rigid adjustments and greater adjustment range.  I would also say the old style stock gives a little more of heads up style shooting configuration with the cheek rest being a little lower and narrower at the top which may be beneficial if you are a big fan of shooting ar15s with 1.7+ height mounts as it will give you a similarish feeling. For optics that require a more solid cheekweld I'd give the edge to br stock. 

Obviously the cheekweld comments will depend on face size and personnel preference but those are my overall impressions having used both quite a bit.

ETA. You are gaining an additional qd pocket with the br stock if that matters and I would say follow ups are quicker with it of the two.
View Quote

I just want to make sure im following:

The old style has a LOWER comb height than the newer style?

I tend to user taller mounts and much prefer a more erect head position on the gun.

Also, the carbines are coming with which stock?  Old or BR style?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#34]

I just want to make sure im following:

The old style has a LOWER comb height than the newer style?

I tend to user taller mounts and much prefer a more erect head position on the gun.

Also, the carbines are coming with which stock?  Old or BR style?
View Quote

Carbines come with the br stock.

The old style/807 stock has a lower comb height over most of the stock (height at the receiver is essentially the same between br and 807 stock.) As well as the old/807 stock being narrower at the top. Which is essentially the long way of me saying the old/807 stock will have a lower cheekweld compared to the br stock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Carbines come with the br stock. 

The old style/807 stock has a lower comb height over most of the stock (height at the receiver is essentially the same between br and 807 stock.) As well as the old/807 stock being narrower at the top. Which is essentially the long way of me saying the old/807 stock will have a lower cheekweld compared to the br stock. 
View Quote

Beautiful.

Thank you!  Great info as usual.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#36]
KAC SR-15 11.5"CQB Pistol or Cz Bren 2s 11" 5.56 Pistol? Which is Superior Weapon? Thanks for your opinions in advance
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ormandj] [#37]
Anybody get one of the carbines out to the range with good quality ammunition and shoot some 5-shot groups at 100m/y or more? My SCAR 17 is just at or under an MOA with high quality ammunition (and significantly better with reloads), and I'm curious how the Bren 2 Carbine is fairing now that people have them in their hands. I'd like to convert one to 6.5G (My SCAR 17 is 6.5 CM), but don't want to invest in one if the accuracy potential isn't there. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 29212:
KAC SR-15 11.5"CQB Pistol or Cz Bren 2s 11" 5.56 Pistol? Which is Superior Weapon? Thanks for your opinions in advance
View Quote

If I remember correctly, someone here actually sold an SR15 to buy a Bren 2? I sold a daniel defense Mk18 pistol to buy a bren 2. Only thing I like about the Mk18 over the Bren 2 is the ris 2 handguard with lots of room for accessories. Ive just watched some youtube videos of the sr15 and looks amazing with next to no recoil at all and very reliable. Looks like this could be my next purchase to replacemy DD MK18.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
HBI hand guards and Dan Haga ACR adapters in stock on subsequent days, it's been a good week.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 4:08:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: balthezor] [#40]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:
HBI hand guards and Dan Haga ACR adapters in stock on subsequent days, it's been a good week.
View Quote

Not for my wallet...

EDIT: Wow sold out already.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#41]
KAC SR-15 11.5"CQB Pistol or Cz Bren 2s 11" 5.56 Pistol? Which is Superior Weapon? Thanks for your opinions in advance
View Quote

As someone who owns a SR15E3 mod 1 16" and a 8.5" Bren 2 pistol, I'm going to say it honestly depends, with the KAC slightly favored on a practical basis. The KAC has most of the modularity of the AR platform for customization. The Bren is slightly more ambidextrous, granted I'm not a fan of the bolt hold controls in the trigger guard. The Bren's OEM handguard doesn't have much space for mounting accessories, especially if you keep the factory BUIS. The Bren's charging handle can be problematic if you have a wide optic or protruding mount levers/knobs. The Bren might be easier to service from an armorer's perspective, as KAC discourages DIY work (proprietary wrenches/etc are needed) and the Bren has a "quick" change barrel, assuming you have the right parts on hand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Apec:

As someone who owns a SR15E3 mod 1 16" and a 8.5" Bren 2 pistol, I'm going to say it honestly depends, with the KAC slightly favored on a practical basis. The KAC has most of the modularity of the AR platform for customization. The Bren is slightly more ambidextrous, granted I'm not a fan of the bolt hold controls in the trigger guard. The Bren's OEM handguard doesn't have much space for mounting accessories, especially if you keep the factory BUIS. The Bren's charging handle can be problematic if you have a wide optic or protruding mount levers/knobs. The Bren might be easier to service from an armorer's perspective, as KAC discourages DIY work (proprietary wrenches/etc are needed) and the Bren has a "quick" change barrel, assuming you have the right parts on hand.
View Quote

So which would you grab if you could have only 1 weapon platform? Sr15 16” and 11.5” cqb or Bren 2 16” carbine and your 8” pistol?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody get a tracking number for their BR stock from Euro Military yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#44]

So which would you grab if you could have only 1 weapon platform? Sr15 16” and 11.5” cqb or Bren 2 16” carbine and your 8” pistol?
View Quote

SR15.

Better accuracy, awesome bolt and barrel life.  Better ergos although the CZ is not far behind.  There really isn't anything quite like an AR15 that is properly set up.

I say this with a pretty healthy bias having used AR15's personally and professional for many years now.

Either way, you cant lose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Sugar_Weasel] [#45]
Random scar 16 vs bren 2s data

This has to do with available top rail space. I came about this because i noticed my Bren 2s couldn't really comfortably rock my Cloud defense OWL and getting a C clamp grip is hard. Flat out the scar 16 is easier on the non dominant hand.

This set of measurements is the extra top rail length the scar 16 has over the Bren 2s. These arent exact but within .25 inches for sure.
2.5 inch front sight up
3.5 inch front sight down
1.0 inch no front sight

The front sight on the scar doesn't take up rail space since its mounted to the gasblock.

Cz Bren 2s top rail length from rear of receiver to the front.
14.75 inches
6.25  inches from front of magwell to last TOP rail section

Scar 16 top rail length 15.75 inches
7.75 inches from the front of the magwell to last Top rail section
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone know the overall length for a Bren 2 with an ACR stock? I want to SBR mine. Apologies if this was asked somewhere in this thread but I couldn’t find it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Picked up my NIB Bren 2 S today. I was planning on getting the 11" 5.56 Bren 2 MS, but I can't ignore getting the rare S version for less than $1650. When I heard about the Bren 2 last year, I did wanted the 9" 7.62, but after watching reviews, reading about it, I changed my mind to the 5.56. I'll probably get the 11" 5.56 Bren 2 MS down the road if I end up loving it. Very happy to finally join the club.https://i.imgur.com/Hzvyhjp.jpg
View Quote

Nice find!

Do the caliber conversions kits that hopefully eventually be available for the MS version also work for the 2S version? I can't remember if the barrel lockup is the same on both versions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cashewnut:
Does anyone know the overall length for a Bren 2 with an ACR stock? I want to SBR mine. Apologies if this was asked somewhere in this thread but I couldn’t find it.
View Quote

8 or 11 or 14" barrel?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

8 or 11 or 14" barrel?
View Quote

Also need this for 9" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I have found that 0.041" works as a suppressor setting for a 14" carbine with a Sandman S. Works 100% with cheap AE 55gr. Works about 80% with wolf steel.

I took a buddy to the range who isn't really into shooting and he complained about the HBI handguard being so big around. He much preferred the skinny B5 guards on my AR. He still preferred the Bren overall. Kind of an interesting anecdote.
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 39 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top