User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 38 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

Most of extra gas is vented out the muzzle end of the gas regulator. It is drilled out, if you've noticed. There is no gas to the face. It's quite awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

How's the gas to face?  Given that its a pretty sealed system it should be quite pleasant.  Thoughts?

Most of extra gas is vented out the muzzle end of the gas regulator. It is drilled out, if you've noticed. There is no gas to the face. It's quite awesome.

The gun is basically a G36's internal organs wearing the husk of an aluminum SCAR receiver

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Would you guys trade a AUG for a Bren 2?  I love my AUG but am going back and forth on whether or not I want the 14" Bren 2 in 5.56, then I can pin/weld a flash hider on it to get it over 16", throw an ACR stock on it, and get some US made parts for 922r without going the tax stamp route.

So to comply with 922r I am thinking HBI trigger/sear, HBI handguard, ACR stock, U.S. made mags and I should be good, if I were to go this route?  That magazines count as 3 parts of I am not mistaken?
View Quote

I'd argue it's a more practical all around gun than the AUG...but practicality has little bearing for these sorts of 'less common' guns.  The Bren is an improvement over the SCAR in my opinion, which puts it at or next to the top of piston-5.56 guns.  The AUG is considered the best of the bullpups (though I personally think the homely RDB could easily nip at its heels) and is the most iconic bullpup behind maybe the P90.

I'm not one for 'serious business' guns since I don't shoot seriously, but the Bren 2 seems to scream 'serious' to my hearing.  So far it appears the gun is gaining rapid adoption wherever nations aren't being strong-armed into AR clones.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

I cant imagine a better weapon than the Bren 2 so i would for sure.
View All Quotes
Would you guys trade a AUG for a Bren 2?  I love my AUG but am going back and forth on whether or not I want the 14" Bren 2 in 5.56, then I can pin/weld a flash hider on it to get it over 16", throw an ACR stock on it, and get some US made parts for 922r without going the tax stamp route.

So to comply with 922r I am thinking HBI trigger/sear, HBI handguard, ACR stock, U.S. made mags and I should be good, if I were to go this route?  That magazines count as 3 parts of I am not mistaken?

I cant imagine a better weapon than the Bren 2 so i would for sure.

Agreed; it's everything all the modern small arms expert couch-commandos & door-kickers both say is good in a rifle.  The 805 was damn impressive for a company/country that hadn't done much in that area since Warsaw days, but the II fixed literally every complaint anyone had about the 805.  My only gripes with it are the receiver endcap, which I think could be installed and latched in a way that 1) is self-tensioning so it doesn't wobble, 2) doesn't have a takedown pin backup to keep the latch from working loose under recoil.  3) I think the charging handle could be done different to result in a stronger part, but doesn't seem to be an issue so far. 4) The front end of the MS needed to be either longer like the II S guns we got originally, or shorter for a PDW-size front end (and attach in a more efficient manner than 12 screws or whatever it is).  Real petty stuff that doesn't appreciably impact form, fit, or function, if I'm honest.

I can't wait to see some custom, subsonic, PDW size builds; I'll take a wild guess that Daniel/Halcyon has one on the docket, since he makes BO versions of everything (that, or Wolverine )
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lordboogie:
I worked with euro-military.com to help bring in Bren 2s rails for those of use who have and want them since CZ-USA was unwilling to help. I'm still trying to get them to source the bottom pic rail, but the side rails are available for purchase.

http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-S-Side-Weaver-Rails-Set-2pcs-d801.htm
View Quote
Brother, you're a saint!
It says "no stock", but I placed an order anyway. Petr is a good dude, so we'll see.
Now if I can just get a stock!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By balthezor:
Cross post:

I have a Bren 2 MS 11" in 5.56. My friend has a brand new, never fired Bren 2 S version in 9 inch and 7.62x39. Do you guys think its worth to spend $1700 for it? I am very happy with my Bren 2MS, but since the S version is all sold out, was wondering if I should pull the trigger and add to the collection. Are the S version pretty valuable now?
View Quote

No one can tell you what the gun is worth.

That is determined by you.  If you're a collector then you can speculate on what the gun COULD be worth down the road.  That's up to you.

At 1700 bucks, its on par with what these are going for retail wise so I would say at 1700, yeah, its a "good deal".

If you want a shooter, just get an MS.  If you want something unique that may prove to be valuable down the road, get that S.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eichornchen] [#6]
I worked with euro-military.com to help bring in Bren 2s rails for those of use who have and want them since CZ-USA was unwilling to help. I'm still trying to get them to source the bottom pic rail, but the side rails are available for purchase.

http://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-S-Side-Weaver-Rails-Set-2pcs-d801.htm
View Quote

Awesome! I would also like to have pic rails all around like the military rifle if possible.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Why would you need to worry about 922r if it's not going on a form 1?

For the cost of doing all the 922r stuff, you could probably go with the Dan Haga ACR brace route and still get to rock the short barrel and get most of the functionality of a standard ACR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Apec:

Why would you need to worry about 922r if it's not going on a form 1?

For the cost of doing all the 922r stuff, you could probably go with the Dan Haga ACR brace route and still get to rock the short barrel and get most of the functionality of a standard ACR.
View Quote

Don't you always need to follow 922r when converting a pistol to a rifle if it doesn't already have the parts in it?  I've never done an SBR or anything, but I always thought you needed to have so many US made parts in a imported rifle?  I know my Arsenal SAM7 had to have so many US parts on it, along with some other guns I've had.  The Galil ACE in 7.62x39 has to use pmags or American made mags to be 922r compliant.

I also don't have the patience to wait for a tax stamp, especially now I can't do my prints or anything for at least another 15 days due to everything being shut down from Covid.  Local PD doesn't do them, and the only state PD near me that does do it is closed to the public for however long.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
All I know is I am going to go "socially distance" myself with my BREN 2 MS tomorrow or Tuesday at the private range. So neener.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys,

Go back a few pages.

We just had a discussion on 922R.

This is why we need a Bren 2 forum....Anyone here listening? lol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Eichornchen:

Awesome! I would also like to have pic rails all around like the military rifle if possible.

Thanks for the heads up.
View Quote

No problem. I'm also working with Preston Precision to get some rails developed for the  Bren 2s as well. I sent him the M-LOK rails so he can get measurements and develop some renderings. I'll post when they are available as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: balthezor] [#12]

Don't you always need to follow 922r when converting a pistol to a rifle if it doesn't already have the parts in it?  I've never done an SBR or anything, but I always thought you needed to have so many US made parts in a imported rifle?  I know my Arsenal SAM7 had to have so many US parts on it, along with some other guns I've had.  The Galil ACE in 7.62x39 has to use pmags or American made mags to be 922r compliant.

I also don't have the patience to wait for a tax stamp, especially now I can't do my prints or anything for at least another 15 days due to everything being shut down from Covid.  Local PD doesn't do them, and the only state PD near me that does do it is closed to the public for however long.
View Quote

Roll your own prints. Seriously, I was wasting so much time before going to my local PD, or paying money. Youtube esilencers video. I did it for the last 6 Form 1s/4s. From November 2019 and they all got approved in March, way faster than any other Form 4s I've ever done. No issues at all and the prints I did were better than the PDs. It's not hard and why wait for prints when you can wait for the stamp now.

My only regret is that I didn't listen to people saying roll your own prints sooner.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys,

Go back a few pages.

We just had a discussion on 922R.

View Quote

The CZ Scorpion thread is up to 231 pages, wonder how many times 922R has been covered in that one

Sighted in and shot a few mags this weekend, had one light primer strike on the first shot of a mag but other than that it ran flawless. Second time around it went bang. Shot sub 2 MOA group at 50 yards prone resting off mag with 55 grain reloads so I’m happy with its accuracy.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]
In case anyone has a Gemtech Halo, it works with the stock muzzle device.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, forgot to ask!

M3 Pmags compatible with the 5.56 guns?  Any issues with the over travel stop on the magazine and the polymer insert?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#16]

That's what I did wrt 922r. Never ran an AUG, so no help there.
View Quote

@rustyboy

Just had my FFL order me a 14" Bren 2 (keeping the AUG as well, not selling it).

What flash hider did you pin to the barrel?  Wondering how long one has to be to get it to 16"?

I assume a 2.5" FH should be long enough.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]

@rustyboy

Just had my FFL order me a 14" Bren 2 (keeping the AUG as well, not selling it).

What flash hider did you pin to the barrel?  Wondering how long one has to be to get it to 16"?

I assume a 2.5" FH should be long enough.
View Quote

I have a Sandman, so NOX comp.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh, forgot to ask!

M3 Pmags compatible with the 5.56 guns?  Any issues with the over travel stop on the magazine and the polymer insert?
View Quote

No issues. Good half my mags are m3 mags.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

No issues. Good half my mags are m3 mags.
View Quote

Excellent!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
In case anyone has a Gemtech Halo, it works with the stock muzzle device.  

https://i.imgur.com/acb6jfp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P9sRpMi.jpg
View Quote
Cool. I've been trying to decide on a can.
Was going to go with a saker, but I do like the stock FH. Decision, decisions ...
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: balthezor] [#21]
What part from Dan Haga do I need to attach the Tailhook to the ACR stock? I can't find it on his website

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By balthezor:
What part from Dan Haga do I need to attach the Tailhook to the ACR stock? I can't find it on his website

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-2fcw2pv1dn/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/114/525/Bren201__60072.1557542299.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on
View Quote

https://danhagadesigns.com/tailhook-adapter-for-acr-stock/
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Here you go:

https://danhagadesigns.com/tailhook-adapter-for-acr-stock/
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#24]
anyone heard from CZ on stocks or barrel kits? I'd like an 11" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally finished my fixed acr stock adapter to my bren 2 ms. Also pinned the flash hider to the barrel. All I need now is a longer handguard! What do u guys think?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
anyone heard from CZ on stocks or barrel kits? I'd like an 11" barrel.
View Quote

The barrels would be compatible between the 2S and 2 MS models? Also between 7.62 can use 5.56 barrels?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Finally finished my fixed acr stock adapter to my bren 2 ms. Also pinned the flash hider to the barrel. All I need now is a longer handguard! What do u guys think?https://i.imgur.com/IiAqbTp.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/NLTqciG.jpg
View Quote

That is some LOP.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lordboogie] [#28]
Hello, I've been working with Harry Preston of Preston Precision to develop picatinny rails for the Bren 2s platform. He sent me the first renderings today, and I'm looking to gauge interest to see how many he should machine for the first run. He's looking to set pricing at $100 for all three rails with free shipping. Please see below the first renderings, also if there is interest he has to ability to machine in QD mounts if people wanted to see something like that, I asked for the OEM style Picatinny rails for the first run. Please check out his website and sign up for the waitlist if interested, he will be adding additional renderings tonight: https://www.prestonprecision.net/misc/cz-bren-2s-picatinny-rails-set

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
I've always thought we should convert the vz.58 forum to just "Czech Arms" or something like that.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Hello, I've been working with Harry Preston of Preston Precision to develop picatinny rails for the Bren 2s platform. He sent me the first renderings today, and I'm looking to gauge interest to see how many he should machine for the first run. He's looking to set pricing at $100 for all three rails with free shipping. Please see below the first renderings, also if there is interest he has to ability to machine in QD mounts if people wanted to see something like that, I asked for the OEM style Picatinny rails for the first run. Please check out his website and sign up for the waitlist if interested, he will be adding additional renderings tonight: https://www.prestonprecision.net/misc/cz-bren-2s-picatinny-rails-set

https://i.imgur.com/T2oXO16.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SvMpN3q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/taUbgEV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wkzJRPJ.jpg
View Quote

I need several of these piccatini rail sets. Are they aluminum or polymer?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]

https://i.imgur.com/T2oXO16.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SvMpN3q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/taUbgEV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wkzJRPJ.jpg
View Quote

I'm interested in a set as well.  Like gonnasellstuff asked, though, what material are they?  If they are aluminum then I am most definitely in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#32]

I'm interested in a set as well.  Like gonnasellstuff asked, though, what material are they?  If they are aluminum then I am most definitely in.
View Quote

These will be made out of aluminum and anodized black.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Hi this is Harry with Preston Precision. These will be CNC machined out of 6061-t6 Aluminum and then Mil-Spec Type 3 Hard coat anodized black.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By notserp13:
Hi this is Harry with Preston Precision. These will be CNC machined out of 6061-t6 Aluminum and then Mil-Spec Type 3 Hard coat anodized black.
View Quote

Hi Harry thanks for making these.  I would love to have these with a qd mount. Also, would you look at making a front handguard replacement for the ms to give it a more military s model look that could use your pic rails?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I will take a set for my 2s, much appreciated guys for doing this.

I checked if the 805 rails will fit and will not, soooo close though
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:

Hi Harry thanks for making these.  I would love to have these with a qd mount. Also, would you look at making a front handguard replacement for the ms to give it a more military s model look that could use your pic rails?
View Quote

Doing some with a QD is possible. Where would you like it and I can come up with a revised Image.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ar671:
I will take a set for my 2s, much appreciated guys for doing this.

I checked if the 805 rails will fit and will not, soooo close though
View Quote

No problem. If you haven't already sign up on the waitlist on my site.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Signed up.
Thanks Harry and lord boogie for making this happen!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Hi Harry.  Signed up on your waitlist.  Thank you to you and @lordboogie for making this happen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:44:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#40]

Doing some with a QD is possible. Where would you like it and I can come up with a revised Image.
View Quote

Hi Harry Id prefer without the qd on rails. I would want exactly same setup as the Czech military models. Thank you for doing these.  Make atleast 300 sets because Im sure everyone that owns these here will want them. :)
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Hi Harry Id prefer without the qd on rails. I would want exactly same setup as the Czech military models. Thank you for doing these.  Make atleast 300 sets because Im sure everyone that owns these here will want them. :)
View All Quotes

Can someone point me in the direction of the waitlist for these? I have a Bren 2 s and would love a set. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
You could probably just add a Arisaka screw on QD socket to one of the screw locations if one was inclined to.
I agree, I think 90%+ of 2S owners would just want normal rails like this:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By thearmschest:

Can someone point me in the direction of the waitlist for these? I have a Bren 2 s and would love a set. Thanks
View Quote

https://www.prestonprecision.net/misc/cz-bren-2s-picatinny-rails-set
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Thanks. I will purchase a set for sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Thanks signed up already

But would like rails without the QD
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Add another one to the list of "want".  Added to the waitlist on the site.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I've always thought we should convert the vz.58 forum to just "Czech Arms" or something like that.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/myCzechGuns_jpg-1392521.JPG
View Quote

Yes, there is an HK forum and an FN forum, there should be a CZ forum
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Picked up my NIB Bren 2 S today. I was planning on getting the 11" 5.56 Bren 2 MS, but I can't ignore getting the rare S version for less than $1650. When I heard about the Bren 2 last year, I did wanted the 9" 7.62, but after watching reviews, reading about it, I changed my mind to the 5.56. I'll probably get the 11" 5.56 Bren 2 MS down the road if I end up loving it. Very happy to finally join the club.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#49]
So I am not a fan of the way the carbine variant of the Bren 2 looks.  The long handguard and gas system just don't look appealing to me.  I much prefer the way the pistols look.  That said, there was a guy on Reddit a long time ago that got made fun of because he wanted to CZ to create a 5.56 version of the Scorpion, and people tried pointing him to the 805 Bren.  He didn't want any part of it and was solely stuck on the idea of a "5.56 Scorpion".

Looking at the carbine variant of the Bren 2MS, it reminds me a lot of the CZ Scorpion carbine.  Looks like he finally got his wish:
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: longsview] [#50]
I just picked up a Bren 2 ms carbine last week from Nagels in Tx.  Love it !  Makes the Scar 16 look cheap in comparison.  I like the pistols too but the carbine is too sweet to pass up.  I'm sure the handguards can be swapped out if you don't like.  It feels really good in the hands.  The folding stock is nice and tight unlike the wobbly pistols mount.  It came with a nice three button green pouch full of tools, cleaning rod, oil, cleaning brushes - really nice touch.  I'm a happy camper !!
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 38 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top