Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 46 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the torx tool that comes in the cleaning tool kit to remove. Its very high quality and wont strip the bolts like some cheap torx bits you find at harbor freight and walmart.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#2]
Well. My optic finally arrived. I'll have to shoot her a bit to figure out the position of best relief. Where I have it now seems to be good. However I think it will need to be moved up a bit. First time I'm trying the RMR on the side. I'm digging it just playing around with it. Also, first time I'm trying this type of optic. Man I'm liking that as well!! Not the brand, the type. I've used Lucid for years.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Maybe it needs a heavier spring?
View Quote

Quite possibly.  However, I'm not about to start messing with that as I have no clue what the current spring diameter, rate, gauge etc is.  I'd prefer to have CZ look at it and go from there in case its something else in the system, like say a bum extractor claw or something. ( I doubt it)
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
Well. My optic finally arrived. I'll have to shoot her a bit to figure out the position of best relief. Where I have it now seems to be good. However I think it will need to be moved up a bit. First time I'm trying the RMR on the side. I'm digging it just playing around with it. Also, first time I'm trying this type of optic. Man I'm liking that as well!! Not the brand, the type. I've used Lucid for years.

https://i.imgur.com/uKsAudp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZHQt7qO.jpg
View Quote

Scope, offset red dot, and top mounted iron sights.

That's an...interesting...combo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

http://www.euro-military.com/  keep an eye out he gets them in stock
View Quote
Anyone have any idea what the factory stock goes for as far as price?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:
Anyone have any idea what the factory stock goes for as far as price?
View Quote

200 bucks
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

Scope, offset red dot, and top mounted iron sights.

That's an...interesting...combo.
View Quote

Just never removed the front iron yet
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Lingle industries is coming out with a lower for x39 guns that accepts AR15 triggers and grips, and AK mags
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Lingle industries is coming out with a lower for x39 guns that accepts AR15 triggers and grips, and AK mags
View Quote

Is it aluminum or composite?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Is it aluminum or composite?
View Quote

3d printed, unfortunately
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Isnt there some 3d Printers that work with aluminum? Id love to have an aluminum lower
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

It's like they don't want my hard earned money...
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
If you guys are looking for actual alumnimum  products for the Bren 2 I think you will be very happy with some of the upcoming Manticore Arms products in the next few months

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Aluminum Lowers for Bren 2? What else?  :)
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#15]
If you guys are looking for actual alumnimum  products for the Bren 2 I think you will be very happy with some of the upcoming Manticore Arms products in the next few months

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Hope they turn out better than that Scorpion bull pup kit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Who the heck is Lingle industries? lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#18]
CZ Bren 2 Carbine gas system explained: Running a silencer

This video explains the carbine’s gas piston. I may go ahead and pick one up assuming I see an accuracy test. I’d expect 2-3 MOA with M855, but 77 gr SMKs should be 1.5-2 moa I would hope
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:48:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beanz2] [#19]
View Quote

Let's see if the pics work...

Link Posted: 6/6/2020 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#20]
The only thing about the 7x62x39mm BREN 2 MS is the magazines, but I am learning to live with them - love this firearm. Better would be a lower that takes vz-58 mags so the bolt hold open/release is still useful.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:32:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#22]
Originally Posted By ronin556:

they state the lower will be 3D printed. How strong are 3D printed lowers?
View Quote

Depends on the material used. 3d printing encompasses a huge range of material selection. Though even the high performance 3d printable thermoplastics available I'm aware of are no where near as strong as the material used in the original lower. Milling one from aluminum would be more comparable. Though there are some composite material printers available that can get a bit closer.

Then again, if you only used cassette style trigger units, it would probably hold up alright. (Though whether those units will properly move the firing pin block out of the way and will withstand the bolt velocity difference between an ar and a bren 2 during unlock is a completely other matter.)

Eta. How much heat the material can withstand will also be important here given it sits against the barrel extension where the take down pin goes through and will be under pressure from the magazine. A low heat material could possibly elongate at the takedown pin hole if you do a lot of high round count shooting/mag dumps which obviously wouldnt be good for reliability.

It's certainly exciting to see all the new options people are coming up with though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:23:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#23]

also it looks like 2 of the pics are of a lower for AK mags and AR FCG. the last 2 are Bren or AR mags with AR FCG.
View Quote

The bottom one is what Dan haga is working on. He says it will be aluminum.

I have a dan haga 3d printed lower on my bren 805. It felt so cheap and flimsy when I got it that I tried to return it. Here convinced me that it would be fine. So far it has been,  but I also never shoot it either
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Depends on the material used. 3d printing encompasses a huge range of material selection. Though even the high performance 3d printable thermoplastics available I'm aware of are no where near as strong as the material used in the original lower. Milling one from aluminum would be more comparable. Though there are some composite material printers available that can get a bit closer.

Then again, if you only used cassette style trigger units, it would probably hold up alright. (Though whether those units will properly move the firing pin block out of the way and will withstand the bolt velocity difference between an ar and a bren 2 during unlock is a completely other matter.)

Eta. How much heat the material can withstand will also be important here given it sits against the barrel extension where the take down pin goes through and will be under pressure from the magazine. A low heat material could possibly elongate at the takedown pin hole if you do a lot of high round count shooting/mag dumps which obviously wouldnt be good for reliability.

It's certainly exciting to see all the new options people are coming up with though.
View Quote
The fiber re-enforced polymer that CZ uses is tough as a rail road track.
But the machinery and tooling to mold that stuff has got to be crazy expensive. I'd think for low production
runs, CNC billet Al is the way to go. I wouldn't even mess with anything 3d printed, regardless of the material, unless
it was just as a proof of concept.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
The fiber re-enforced polymer that CZ uses is tough as a rail road track.
But the machinery and tooling to mold that stuff has got to be crazy expensive. I'd think for low production
runs, CNC billet Al is the way to go. I wouldn't even mess with anything 3d printed, regardless of the material, unless
it was just as a proof of concept.
View Quote

Intimately aware

Just wanted to answer the question of "how strong a 3d printed lower can be"

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Maybe everyone here knows already, but AT3 Tactical has a Bren 2 adapter for the SBT B&T brace: https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/collections/cz-bren-2-collection/products/b-t-stock-brace-adapter-bren-2

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1161/7622/products/IMG_1678copy_1024x1024.jpg
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1161/7622/products/IMG_1675copy_1024x1024.jpg
View Quote

Ok bought the adapter and sidefolding brace. But having problems. the adapter keeps slipping down off the firearm when shooting. The website states you need to modify the adapter. But I cannot find directions on how to do it. anyone have pictures or a video link on how to modify the adaptor.

btw. the comb height of the brace does but you a little lower than you would expect with like an AR15.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#27]

The kits work just fine and plenty of satisfied customers own them.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I didn’t say they didn’t work but the Pacer worked too....
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#28]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#29]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#30]
+2 for a VZ58 magazine compatible lower.  VZ 58 mags are light, aluminum, and hold the bolt open.

I also really liked the original 805 design with changeable mag wells but nothing productive ever came of it.  I'd have no problem buying multiple lowers for different mag options in this platform.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

I didn’t say they didn’t work but the Pacer worked too....
View Quote

So did the Pinto...as long as you didn't tap it in the rear...
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Ok bought the adapter and sidefolding brace. But having problems. the adapter keeps slipping down off the firearm when shooting. The website states you need to modify the adapter. But I cannot find directions on how to do it. anyone have pictures or a video link on how to modify the adaptor.

btw. the comb height of the brace does but you a little lower than you would expect with like an AR15.
View Quote

Did you secure the brace adapter WITH the included screw?  Once that's screwed in the adapter has no way of coming off of the firearm.  Mine is rock solid.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]
A factory folding Bren 2 stock sold on gunbroker today for $617.00. Surely someone is cloning this or CZ will manufacture them here for 922r?  I basically NEED this stock.  Sven!!!?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronin556] [#35]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Did you secure the brace adapter WITH the included screw?  Once that's screwed in the adapter has no way of coming off of the firearm.  Mine is rock solid.
View Quote

Found out my adapter shipped with no screw and the hole for the screw was not drilled out. They are sending me a screw and drilling shouldn't be a problem. Kind of wished I didn't buy this brace.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#36]

also it looks like 2 of the pics are of a lower for AK mags and AR FCG. the last 2 are Bren or AR mags with AR FCG.
View Quote

Depends on the printer and the material used. The kind of 3d printer you could buy for your home would probably pretty weak. Industrial grade 3d printers can be surprisingly strong.

It's plastic, there's cheap flimsy toy plastic and sturdy Pelican case plastic.

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:

My 9" has also started doing this on its last range trip. I had also just installed the hbi handguard but didnt torque it to the recommended values. Hoping to test it out again soon. The ammo I used was wolf fmj, hp and golden tiger fmj. I was also able to get a video of it happening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Anyone else having issues with their bren 2 in 7.62X39?

Mine is proving to be a lemon as its an unreliable piece of shit.  I ran it today with the black, newer production mags and the gun continues to experience stovepipes/failures to eject.  I am running 122 grain wolf/tula/red army standard.  No hollow points, all full metal jacket.  I've been saying it since day one but this gun is horrifically over gassed.  That kind of malfunction looks like the bolt doesnt have enough time to really clear the damned case.  Check out the attached pic.

I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.  Every range session is filled with the same malfunctions.  I dont trust the gun at all but im willing to bet this is a lemon since I appear to be the only person on the internet that is having any issues.  At this point I'm also probably pretty up there in round count as the gun has four thousand rounds through it.  Thoughts guys?

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/480x320/sjke46.jpg

My 9" has also started doing this on its last range trip. I had also just installed the hbi handguard but didnt torque it to the recommended values. Hoping to test it out again soon. The ammo I used was wolf fmj, hp and golden tiger fmj. I was also able to get a video of it happening.

please keep us in the loop!

I am considering my next project to be 7.62x39 with 9 inch barrel (running suppressed).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone seen talk of after market gas plugs with suppressor settings for the CZ Bren 2 pistols?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Found out my adapter shipped with no screw and the hole for the screw was not drilled out. They are sending me a screw and drilling shouldn't be a problem. Kind of wished I didn't buy this brace.
View Quote

A3 is a SUPER responsive company.  They should not be asking you to drill out the hole yourself...

I would strongly suggest asking for a replacement or a refund.  I'm pretty sure that wont be a problem on their end.

I adore my brace setup.  Its really comfy and provides a really nice cheek/chin weld with my 1.93 scalar works out.  Super pleased.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll throw down if they dress it like this:

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/images/produit/normal/1579107593_CZ_BREN_2_MS_16_right.jpg
View Quote

Do want!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/images/produit/normal/1579107593_CZ_BREN_2_MS_16_right.jpg
View Quote

Count me in too. I'd buy that in a second. IMO that's what the US version of the Bren 2 carbine should have looked like.

Not that the version we wound up with isn't nice, but it just doesn't have that something extra that the EU version has. That being said, I will still probably buy the US version eventually, but am hoping that CZ will come out with another model closer to the EU version to be sold in the US. I don't think they will, but I can hope.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Update on my 9" 7.62x39, shot another 160 rounds today, 4 stovepipes. Used both gas valve settings. I sent in a warranty request form to CZ.

Question to you 762 owners, is the front of your ejection port getting chewed up? Mine is scratched all to hell and I am wondering if it is the same for all of you?

I am attaching the video from my last range session from my previous post so you all can get an idea of what I am seeing. https://youtu.be/L-cUi9Aw11g The one thing you will see is my pistols ejection is very erratic, anywhere from 1-5 o clock. This happens with every flavor of 7.62x39 that I have tried, Wolf FMJ and HP and GT FMJ.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 1:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#44]
Weird - the front of my ejection port is pristine, like the day it left the factory, and that's with Wolf, Tula, Red Army, and even cast reloads. Mine has been flawless. I agree - CZ needs to look at that gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Update on my 9" 7.62x39, shot another 160 rounds today, 4 stovepipes. Used both gas valve settings. I sent in a warranty request form to CZ.

Question to you 762 owners, is the front of your ejection port getting chewed up? Mine is scratched all to hell and I am wondering if it is the same for all of you?

I am attaching the video from my last range session from my previous post so you all can get an idea of what I am seeing. https://youtu.be/L-cUi9Aw11g The one thing you will see is my pistols ejection is very erratic, anywhere from 1-5 o clock. This happens with every flavor of 7.62x39 that I have tried, Wolf FMJ and HP and GT FMJ.
View Quote

Same issue ive been having.

Ill check my port when I get home from work.  To the best of my recollection, I dont think there are any wear marks on the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Ill check my port when I get home from work.  To the best of my recollection, I dont think there are any wear marks on the receiver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I noticed both of you are using the aftermarket HBIndustries foreend.
I wonder if you go back to the oem the problems will disappear.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

@tfdarchos Do the scratches around your ejection port look like they could be from the stovepiped cases? The mouth of the case will obviously ride against the inside surface of the receiver just in front of the ejection port, but if you have visible wear/scratches/etc... on the front side of the ejection port that is NOT common (at least in our experience).

That second stovepipe in your video is unique; it looked like your bolt had enough velocity/travel to cycle back and grab another round (left side of magazine maybe) which usually indicates that the gas system is working properly.

You might want to take apart and clean your bolt and carrier really well. Make sure that your ejector and spring are moving freely and not binding or dragging at all. We have noticed that these guns (and CZ's in general) come generously lubricated from the factory. The gas block/key/piston specifically, but again it might be worth looking at your ejector and extractor too.

Last thing could be the magazine/spring/follower? Can you repeat this same stovepiping with other magazines? 762x39 in general is notorious for funky feeding around the banana curve in magazines. It seemed like your feeding issues happened early in the mag and the last 20 rounds or so ran better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone heard when the next round of carbines will be in, or if they'll sell 11" barrel assemblies?
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I have been reading on forums are there any 922r concerns for the Bren 2 if I pin and weld the 14 inch and add an ACR stock? I am noob when it comes to this type of stuff.
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 46 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top