BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 45 of 103)
Page / 103
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Yes, the barrel is retained via the 4 mounting screws, this is true regardless of bren 2 version. (On the ms pistols the additional 2 retain the rear U block for the pistol handguard rather than the barrel, in the 2s the forward 2 screws retain the front U block for the bottom rail)

This retention method is similar to that used on a variety of models such as the SCAR models, the original 805, the B&T APC, the recently adopted by Japan Howa type 20, and the MSBS Grot off the top of my head. Some of these add an additional screw, but overall it's the same concept. With guns like the grot, acr, mcx, etc. typically there isnt much of a difference in the practical nature of attachment, rather their barrel extension could simply be considered to have been separated into 2 pieces with a trunion being pressed, screwed, and/or pinned into the receiver and the barrel assembly then being clamped into this trunion.

Headspace is determined by the barrel extension which is fixed to the barrel as part of the barrel assembly, these 2 components are never disassembled from each other during any level of take down and could be considered all but permanently affixed. so there is no worry of it going out of headspace.

Location is based on precision drilled holes, a very close fitting internal mounting channel and quite a large amount of clamping force provided by the barrel screws pulling the mounting plates against the receiver and then in turn the receiver against the barrel.

Screws are prevented from backing out on the bren2 design by the use of nordlock washers under the mounting screws. These washers are extremely effective as far as solutions go for resisting loosening due to vibration and thermal cycling. Though if removing a barrel assembly multiple times, I would certainly recommend inspecting the teeth of the washer to insure they have not warn down to an unsuitable degree as they are not infinite use. The underside of the barrel mounting screws can also become exceedingly warn after multiple installations and removals and both screws and washers should be replaced when this occurs.

View Quote

This is informative and reassuring.  Thanks for the information.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello,

I’ve been lurking on this thread for awhile. I am getting ready to purchase a Bren 2. I wanted everyone’s opinion on which route I should go. I was originally thinking of getting a 14 inch pistol and pin and welding it with a NOX so I can run an ACR stock. Should I just look around for the carbine and purchase that instead?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
the pistol does not come with a supressor setting, the carbine does. Guess it comes down to what you like the looks of more.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know any gunsmiths who will drill an extra hole in the gas selector for a suppressor setting
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ronin556:
Anyone know any gunsmiths who will drill an extra hole in the gas selector for a suppressor setting
View Quote

Precision Rifle Works in PA is what I used for my 9" 7.62x39. You have to tell him what size you want. But he did a great job and shipped it back to me fast. Google him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erwinp] [#6]
Picked the 14" 5.56 and have the ACR stock with the Strong Arm Brace.  Still need to install the ACR buttons into the brace adapter.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Question.

I'm away from my rifles so I cant physically check.

Are gas piston plugs the same size between all guns and calibers?  IF so, could an 11 inch 5.56 gas plug with the smaller port holes be utilized on a 7.62X39 gun so as to not have to drill a suppressor setting?

Speaking of.  Has anyone measured the 14 inch 11 inch and 9 inch 7.62X39 gas port holes?  Same for the 5.56 guns?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

Still not exactly sure why a heavier, less rigid, more complex, and less modular version that gets hotter much quicker would be considered more desirable than the US version, but I guess people like what they like.

View Quote

The HG is different because 922r.  If the US variant truly is the better mousetrap, then why is it not the standard?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Question.

I'm away from my rifles so I cant physically check.

Are gas piston plugs the same size between all guns and calibers?  IF so, could an 11 inch 5.56 gas plug with the smaller port holes be utilized on a 7.62X39 gun so as to not have to drill a suppressor setting?

Speaking of.  Has anyone measured the 14 inch 11 inch and 9 inch 7.62X39 gas port holes?  Same for the 5.56 guns?
View Quote

Yes and no or more precisely. It depends.

There are 7 different gas tubes/regulators found on the various models that are commercially available in the US and 3 different piston heads.

Regulators/tubes are
14 inch 5.56
11 inch 5.56
8 inch 5.56
14 inch 7.62x39
11inch 7.62x39
9 inch 7.62x 39
And
16 inch 5.56 for carbine

Pistons are
8"-9" head (larger diameter, no relief port blocking stem)
11"-14" head (smaller diameter, relief port blocking stem present)
16" carbine head (larger diameter, relief port blocking stem present)

So a gas tube for an 14" gun could be placed on an 11" gun, but neither a 14 or 11 inch gas tube would work with an 8 or 9 inch gun or vice versa without also replacing the piston head (though that combination wouldnt work from a functional stand point in either direction anyhow)

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

The HG is different because 922r.  If the US variant truly is the better mousetrap, then why is it not the standard?
View Quote

Anyone who could answer that question certainly wouldnt do so on a public forum.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Smurgeon] [#11]
2S pic rails are available for you lucky bastards that got the first 300.

Side rails

Bottom rail
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By balthezor:

Precision Rifle Works in PA is what I used for my 9" 7.62x39. You have to tell him what size you want. But he did a great job and shipped it back to me fast. Google him.
View Quote

did you go w/ 0.6 or 0.7 or something else?
& do you like the results so far?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:42:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: balthezor] [#13]
Originally Posted By d13s3l:

did you go w/ 0.6 or 0.7 or something else?
& do you like the results so far?
View Quote

No, the port sizes on the 9" 7.62 is much bigger. I went with 1.3mm. It's going fine, no failures of any kind, probably 400 rounds now suppressed. Less recoil and less gas. But if I could do it again, I'd start smaller. 1.0mm or 1.1mm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By balthezor:

No, the port sizes on the 9" 7.62 is much bigger. I went with 1.3mm. It's going fine, no failures of any kind, probably 400 rounds now suppressed. Less recoil and less gas. But if I could do it again, I'd start smaller. 1.0mm or 1.1mm.
View Quote

I'm sure you've probably mentioned this but I dont recall.

What can are you running?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm sure you've probably mentioned this but I dont recall.

What can are you running?
View Quote

He's using Dead Air's Wolfman, Wolverine, and Nomad.

HBI has inserts available for the x39 guns to enable the use of AR15 x39 mags. I wonder if its simply the oe CZ insert that's on all the 5.56 guns?
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-ms-7-62x39-ar-magwell-conversion/
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Preston Precision rail set came today. They look great!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#17]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

He's using Dead Air's Wolfman, Wolverine, and Nomad.

HBI has inserts available for the x39 guns to enable the use of AR15 x39 mags. I wonder if its simply the oe CZ insert that's on all the 5.56 guns?
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-bren-2-ms-7-62x39-ar-magwell-conversion/
View Quote

That is definitely the factory insert.  Looks exactly like it and the description says it is.

I'm probably going to test this out as im curious.  Some of the newer 7.62X39 AR15 pattern mags suck less than they used to.  Could be a nice option to have, especially for 19 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Preston Precision rail set came today. They look great!
View Quote

Did you get a set for both of yours? Pics? How much weight difference?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Can someone point me towards a supplier for the barrel assemblies?  Looking to get an 11" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By erwinp:
Picked the 14" 5.56 and have the ACR stock with the Strong Arm Brace.  Still need to install the ACR buttons into the brace adapter.

https://i.imgur.com/oitaYOV.jpg
View Quote
Bren noob here...Question, I picked up the 11" Bren2 pistol in 7.62x39.  Liked the look of the ACR Brace.  I went out to DH designs and picked up the adapter and a "strongarm" brace.  I can see I still need the "brace" part, either tailhook or etc., but what I fail to see is how I connect the strongarm piece to the adapter I bought from Dan Haga. I think I still need another part. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:07:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#21]
Originally Posted By Wittakoski:
Bren noob here...Question, I picked up the 11" Bren2 pistol in 7.62x39.  Liked the look of the ACR Brace.  I went out to DH designs and picked up the adapter and a "strongarm" brace.  I can see I still need the "brace" part, either tailhook or etc., but what I fail to see is how I connect the strongarm piece to the adapter I bought from Dan Haga. I think I still need another part. What am I missing?
View Quote

You need

a bren2 acr stock adapter
An acr stock
An acr strongarm brace adapter
A strongarm brace

Yea, it's cheaper to buy an oem stock and a stamp
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Well sh*t..... I got all excited and ordered stuff without think this through! In for a penny I guess...thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#23]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Did you get a set for both of yours? Pics? How much weight difference?
View Quote

Started with 1 set to see how I liked them.

CZ side plate - .8oz
PP side plate - 1.9oz

CZ bottom plate - .8oz
PP bottom plate 1.6oz

I dont really like pic rails, but these are super nice! They've been nicely deburred and are not sharp at all.

I was also hesitant on the HBI charging handle, but it is also very nice. Definitely worth the $30. Will be getting another one soon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#24]

I brought my 11 inch 556 to the range this morning, zeroed @25 yds then on to 50 yds I used the OSS Helix QD 556 ran perfect

I need to get the Steiner 1-4 mounted this week and see results at 100 yds
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Started with 1 set to see how I liked them.

CZ side plate - .8oz
PP side plate - 1.9oz

CZ bottom plate - .8oz
PP bottom plate 1.6oz

https://i.imgur.com/LdWtYPj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X4KJYmN.jpg

I dont really like pic rails, but these are super nice! They've been nicely deburred and are not sharp at all.

I was also hesitant on the HBI charging handle, but it is also very nice. Definitely worth the $30. Will be getting another one soon.
View Quote

Nice

My order should be here from PP, in couple days
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#26]
need pic rails for the 2ms
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Has anyone taken the carbine variant out and done an accuracy test yet? Our Aussie friend above really liked it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By themao:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U86Es3df3rQ

Has anyone taken the carbine variant out and done an accuracy test yet? Our Aussie friend above really liked it.
View Quote

I'm highly interested in that as well. Looks like he had no problems connecting at 500 though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone have a source on Bren 2 Stocks? I want to SBR my 11 inch.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Razorcore:
Does anyone have a source on Bren 2 Stocks? I want to SBR my 11 inch.
View Quote

http://www.euro-military.com/  keep an eye out he gets them in stock
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I received my Preston Precision Bren 2S raols yesterday and they are perfect! I highly recommend them. Harry has great customer service and a great product!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
I received my Preston Precision Bren 2S raols yesterday and they are perfect! I highly recommend them. Harry has great customer service and a great product!!
View Quote
Yup, got the bottom rail since I already had the CZ side rails.
I'm considering getting the receiver cerakote'ed to match the GIGN rifles, but am still torn on if I should do it???

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone else having issues with their bren 2 in 7.62X39?

Mine is proving to be a lemon as its an unreliable piece of shit.  I ran it today with the black, newer production mags and the gun continues to experience stovepipes/failures to eject.  I am running 122 grain wolf/tula/red army standard.  No hollow points, all full metal jacket.  I've been saying it since day one but this gun is horrifically over gassed.  That kind of malfunction looks like the bolt doesnt have enough time to really clear the damned case.  Check out the attached pic.

I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.  Every range session is filled with the same malfunctions.  I dont trust the gun at all but im willing to bet this is a lemon since I appear to be the only person on the internet that is having any issues.  At this point I'm also probably pretty up there in round count as the gun has four thousand rounds through it.  Thoughts guys?

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine has been very reliable, I am able to run supers in std position, also running Brown Bear subs on adverse setting. In fact I have a primary arms 1-6x24 with 7.62 x39/ 300 AAC. The supers are zero'ed to tip of the chevron and the subs are zero'ed at the bottom of the chevron.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Mine is proving to be a lemon as its an unreliable piece of shit.  I ran it today with the black, newer production mags and the gun continues to experience stovepipes/failures to eject.  I am running 122 grain wolf/tula/red army standard.  No hollow points, all full metal jacket.  I've been saying it since day one but this gun is horrifically over gassed.  That kind of malfunction looks like the bolt doesnt have enough time to really clear the damned case.  Check out the attached pic.

I'm not sure what to do about it at this point.  Every range session is filled with the same malfunctions.  I dont trust the gun at all but im willing to bet this is a lemon since I appear to be the only person on the internet that is having any issues.  At this point I'm also probably pretty up there in round count as the gun has four thousand rounds through it.  Thoughts guys?

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/480x320/sjke46.jpg
View Quote

Is it stovepiping with spent case around backwards? My 762x39 11” has been perfect. Ive tried my best to get it to fail with tula, wolf and silver bear and cant get it to fail throwing sand and dirt all over it. I had an sks once that was failing every few rounds and couldnt figure out and took it to gunsmith and he kept telling me it was working perfect. Turned out my whole stash of 500 rounds of wolf ammo had bad primers. I bought new ammo and worked perfect. Id send it in to cz. If not bad ammo you have a lemon
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Return the firearm to CZ-USA. My 11inch CZ BREN 2 MS in 7.62x39mm has been outstanding.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Return the firearm to CZ-USA. My 11inch CZ BREN 2 MS in 7.62x39mm has been outstanding.
View Quote

+1

Well, to return to CZ-USA part, anyway. No Bren 2 here yet.  Lemons happen, let them take care of it.

I emailed CZ last week about getting the list of parts required to upgrade my 15-year-old CZ-97B to the newer barrel design and they offered to handle it as a warranty repair.  They really do have stellar service.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

+1

Well, to return to CZ-USA part, anyway. No Bren 2 here yet.  Lemons happen, let them take care of it.

I emailed CZ last week about getting the list of parts required to upgrade my 15-year-old CZ-97B to the newer barrel design and they offered to handle it as a warranty repair.  They really do have stellar service.
View Quote

CZ's CS is excellent.  Up there with Ruger, IMO, who is considered the gold standard.

A few years ago I got a CZ 527 in 223 that was supposed to have a 1:9" twist based on the listing on the website I bought it from.  When I picked it up at my FFL I forgot to check the twist rate (I assumed 1:9 because that's what was listed on the website).  When I got home I realized it was 1:12".  The place I bought it from wouldn't take it back since I had already done the transfer, so I called CZ.  I told them what happened and gave them the serial number and they sent me a shipping label and had me send it in.  I figured they'd just re-barrel it or something but nope, they sent me a brand new 527 free of charge with a 1:9" twist.  They could have told me I was SOL and charged me for a re-barrel, but instead they sent me a brand new gun no questions asked.  That is great customer service and just one of the reasons I am a obsessive CZ fan.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Like to thank those here who contributed to get the pic rails goin for the Bren 2S from Preston Precision.  Received it yesterday, awesome qua
Ity product.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I HAVE REACHED MY FINAL FORM

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Since no one wants to make a delete for the knuckle crunch

Safe

fire

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
Since no one wants to make a delete for the knuckle crunch

Safe
https://i.imgur.com/D93T6O7.jpg

fire

https://i.imgur.com/SukvkFb.jpg

View Quote

I tried this. You’re going to scratch your upper, you can already see it starting. Might not matter to you.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:48:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#43]

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/480x320/sjke46.jpg
View Quote

My 9" has also started doing this on its last range trip. I had also just installed the hbi handguard but didnt torque it to the recommended values. Hoping to test it out again soon. The ammo I used was wolf fmj, hp and golden tiger fmj. I was also able to get a video of it happening.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eichornchen] [#44]
Originally Posted By ar671:
Like to thank those here who contributed to get the pic rails goin for the Bren 2S from Preston Precision.  Received it yesterday, awesome qua
Ity product.
https://i.ibb.co/jy4VGV4/image.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/16FBPR3/image.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Zcq9hhF/image.jpg
View Quote

NICE, That's the look I need. What did you do to get the torx screws out that hold the factory MLOK rail? I tried and seems like they're really in there. I don't want to booger up anything just trying to take it apart.
Thanks

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Mine took about 60in-lb with the correct torx bit
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine took about 60in-lb with the correct torx bit
View Quote

Thanks for feedback.
T25 right?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#47]
On the phone with CZ USA.

I told the nice fella what was going on and his first response was "sounds like the bolt carrier velocity is too high".  He put me on hold and went to go talk to another tech.  Came back and asked me if I was running the gun suppressed. I told him that I had for approximately a hundred or so rounds but 3900 of the total rounds were unsuppressed.  I'm on hold again.  Ill report back with what they want to do with the gun.

The end result was, send it in.  I'm going to do so and we will see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Eichornchen:

Thanks for feedback.
T25 right?
View Quote

Yessir.  Use a quality steel bit and you wont have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#49]
On the phone with CZ USA.

I told the nice fella what was going on and his first response was "sounds like the bolt carrier velocity is too high".  He put me on hold and went to go talk to another tech.  Came back and asked me if I was running the gun suppressed. I told him that I had for approximately a hundred or so rounds but 3900 of the total rounds were unsuppressed.  I'm on hold again.  Ill report back with what they want to do with the gun.

The end result was, send it in.  I'm going to do so and we will see what they have to say.
View Quote
Maybe it needs a heavier spring?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Eichornchen:

NICE, That's the look I need. What did you do to get the torx screws out that hold the factory MLOK rail? I tried and seems like they're really in there. I don't want to booger up anything just trying to take it apart.
Thanks

View Quote

Thanks, yes as those suggested above how to remove screws.  It was very tight
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 45 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top