Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 178 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear about the springs. Is there any prototype pics of the polymer charging handle? Will more than likely pick one up when they hit the market.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HBI:
Right on, thank you for the kind words! We are really close to releasing extended polymer charge handles. We would like to post something in this PCC section here shortly, but first need to understand all of the rules/regulations as they apply to vendors/manufacturers.
View Quote
Very excited about this as well, can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Do any of yall know the thread pitch or any place that makes a muzzle device that will fit over these outer diameter thread? I have a 2016 model evo, so I know these are not metric threads pattern.

I looked at manticore, but their offerings are only in 18mm, unless the larger threads are 18mm?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Munzy:
Do any of yall know the thread pitch or any place that makes a muzzle device that will fit over these outer diameter thread? I have a 2016 model evo, so I know these are not metric threads pattern.
http://i.imgur.com/qbOKJOF.jpg?1

I looked at manticore, but their offerings are only in 18mm, unless the larger threads are 18mm?
View Quote
Yes. That's the euro thread size 18x1RH and this manticore muzzle device will Work. They also make a tri lug adapter that fits the euro threads. The smaller threads are the American 1/2x28. There's other companies out there as well that make 18x1RH adapters and muzzle devices also, for example the dead air ghost m suppressor has a direct thread mount in that size.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:

Yes. That's the euro thread size 18x1RH and this manticore muzzle device will Work. They also make a tri lug adapter that fits the euro threads. The smaller threads are the American 1/2x28. There's other companies out there as well that make 18x1RH adapters and muzzle devices also, for example the dead air ghost m suppressor has a direct thread mount in that size.
View Quote
Thank you, now I'm wishing I hadn't bought this 1/2x28 flash hider.

In other news, anyone want a 1/2x28 flashhider, I might have one for sale
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#6]
why not just use a 1/2x28 muzzle device that will pass a 9mm bullet? Like a Rousch? On guns like this that don't actually need much in the way of flash suppression, I usually go with their Rampage 4 Prong XS when I don't have a silencer attached.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
why not just use a 1/2x28 muzzle device that will pass a 9mm bullet? Like a Rousch? On guns like this that don't actually need much in the way of flash suppression, I usually go with their Rampage 4 Prong XS when I don't have a silencer attached.
View Quote
Thanks for the link, I had never heard about these guys and needed something for running PCC matches where I cant use my silencer that is otherwise on my Evo 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
That actually the same one I bought, I just think it looks weird with the exposed 18mm threads. I've got a couple other builds going I can put it on though. I do plan on picking up a 3 lug can, but I'm waiting for the pre 41f surge to be over with.

And my last 922r part came in yesterday, so I finally was able to piece together my first SBR and subgun. Now Ive got subgun fever in addition to BRD

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Can anyone tell me how to (without taking the gun apart) tell if a EVO is before or after the "World-Legal" late 2015 changes?  Is there a serial number cutoff, or something really obvious on the outside of the gun or the box?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My Scorpion is currently being engraved and I was thinking of having them chop and rethread the barrel while they have it instead of buying a thread adapter for my suppressor. Is there a certain length I should go for reliability or anything? Seeing as I don't have it on hand to check does anyone know if my TiRant will fit inside the stock pistol handguard?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By p3590:
Can anyone tell me how to (without taking the gun apart) tell if a EVO is before or after the "World-Legal" late 2015 changes?  Is there a serial number cutoff, or something really obvious on the outside of the gun or the box?
View Quote
Pull off the lower receiver, look down under the ejector to see if you trigger housing screw is welded in. Should look something like this
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
No, you have to take the lower off to check. Having said that, I just got the newer pistol flash can model (pistol w carbine handguard)and it doesn't have the welded screw. The shop I work at got two of these flash can models, mine and the other one didn't have the weld. Someone on here also got one without the weld so it seems the flash can models at least don't have the welded screws.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:

No, you have to take the lower off to check. Having said that, I just got the newer pistol flash can model (pistol w carbine handguard)and it doesn't have the welded screw. The shop I work at got two of these flash can models, mine and the other one didn't have the weld. Someone on here also got one without the weld so it seems the flash can models at least don't have the welded screws.
View Quote
What about the "blocking bar" in the reciever, is it true that its visible from the outside, and therefore an indicator of the "world legal" vs older US models? 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]

What about the "blocking bar" in the reciever, is it true that its visible from the outside, and therefore an indicator of the "world legal" vs older US models? 
View Quote
You can see the blocking bar right in front of the rear sight and it's right behind the first screw on the right side of the frame as seen in the pic.

It's basically a piece of metal that sits flush from the outside, on the inside it sticks out slightly to get in the way of the bolt. Since this occurs the bolt has the top right corner machined out to not interfere with the blocking bar. This is done so you can't use a full auto bolt and in reality I don't see the point because even if you had a full auto trigger pack, you should be able to run full auto regardless of the bolt. It would prob just have a slightly higher cyclic rate since there is slightly less mass in the bolt afaik.

The early 2015 scorpion pistols didn't have the blocking bar as they basically took the full auto guns and slapped a semi auto trigger group in it. 2016 and forward models had the blocking bars and I don't see why they'd go back to not having them as these are civilian guns which don't have a need for the full auto bolt. From 2016 to sometime around now it seems the evo' no longer have the world trigger welds. I have yet to get a new production carbine in the shop so I can't confirm it's on every model.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#15]
The pistol I bought a month ago from buds didn't have a welded trigger pack.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I finally got to shoot my Scorpion SBR the other day.  I sighted in the red dot that I put on top and then was able to shoot it suppressed, too.  Such a blast!

I did have a few issues with the trigger resetting with the new spring I put in.  It seemed to get better the more I shot it but was a little worrying that it wasn't 100%.  I remember reading some suggestions on how to fix that so I might have to go back through the thread to find them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Punkface:
The pistol I bought a month ago from buds didn't have a welded trigger pack.
View Quote
Got my pistol in Feb from local shop and no weld just some blue loctite.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a pistol last month.  No weld.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
I did have a few issues with the trigger resetting with the new spring I put in.  It seemed to get better the more I shot it but was a little worrying that it wasn't 100%.  I remember reading some suggestions on how to fix that so I might have to go back through the thread to find them.
View Quote
Which spring were you using?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Which spring were you using?
View Quote
I put in the HBI reduced weight trigger spring kit along with their Delta trigger.  I like the trigger pull and the feel of the trigger.  The reset issue seemed to get better the more I shot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#21]
SEI's extended mag release :D

Shooters Element Extended Magazine Release CZ Scorpion EVO 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Who has a lage stock, and how do you like it? I like how the offer a left side folder.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
Who has a lage stock, and how do you like it? I like how the offer a left side folder.
View Quote
I have the 5 degree right side folder. I like it a lot.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
I have the Lage K-stock, and its pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#25]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
I finally got to shoot my Scorpion SBR the other day.  I sighted in the red dot that I put on top and then was able to shoot it suppressed, too.  Such a blast!

View Quote
I had the same problem after installing the HBI springs last week.  The small spring leg should be up against the trigger housing wall when looking from the rear. There is a large enough of a gap in the spot where the spring resides that it can kind of lay over and the large leg won't push up against the bar like it should causing poor resets.

When looking from the rear of the trigger housing you can see the small spring leg.  If it's not against the wall take a small screwdriver or punch and slide it over to the right so that it is.  This will get the spring to stand up properly and the large leg to shift slightly to the left instead of being wedged between the bar and the wall.  

It's hard to describe and I didn't do a very good job but you'll know when you see it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#26]

http://i.imgur.com/8kL9Q0V.jpg?1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How does quality compare to cz stocks and/or the side projects stock?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:23:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I've always heard that these Scorpions prefer heavier ammo. Yesterday I found out that was definitely the case.

Set up a B27 target at 50 yards and took my Scorpion with an Aimpoint T1, zeroed with 147gr, and proceeded to load up 5 rounds of Perfecta 115gr.

Aimed at the head and fired 5 rounds, suppressed. Went down range and saw no holes on the paper. Checked to make sure the suppressor was not loose. It wasn't.

Went back, loaded 5 rounds of PPU 158gr. 5 aimed shots at the head. Went to check, 5 holes in the face.

It was an interesting lesson
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quality of my version is high. All included hardware is solid as is the mounting bracket and stock itself. I have 1000 rounds through mine with the stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
I've always heard that these Scorpions prefer heavier ammo. Yesterday I found out that was definitely the case.

Set up a B27 target at 50 yards and took my Scorpion with an Aimpoint T1, zeroed with 147gr, and proceeded to load up 5 rounds of Perfecta 115gr.

Aimed at the head and fired 5 rounds, suppressed. Went down range and saw no holes on the paper. Checked to make sure the suppressor was not loose. It wasn't.

Went back, loaded 5 rounds of PPU 158gr. 5 aimed shots at the head. Went to check, 5 holes in the face.

It was an interesting lesson
View Quote
Interesting.
Never tried 115gr.

I zeroed mine with 124g and can use both 124 and 147g without issue.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#30]
115 gr. works fine out of mine.

Also have a Lage stock here but can't offer any reviews due to still waiting on my stamp to come back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#31]
No accuracy or reliability issues with 115 unsuppressed. I will have to try some suppressed. To clarify, I have only shot 147 with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Can someone tell me, when you buy a new Scorpion pistol, does it come with the adapter that mounts to the back of the receiver that accepts AR15 style receiver extensions (for attachment of a Shockwave Blade)? Or is the adapter sold separately?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hero:
Can someone tell me, when you buy a new Scorpion pistol, does it come with the adapter that mounts to the back of the receiver that accepts AR15 style receiver extensions (for attachment of a Shockwave Blade)? Or is the adapter sold separately?
View Quote
Adapter is sold separately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:

Adapter is sold separately.
View Quote
Copy that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By thebomber:
No accuracy or reliability issues with 115 unsuppressed. I will have to try some suppressed. To clarify, I have only shot 147 with the suppressor.
View Quote
Out to what distance? I have no perceivable issues out to 20-25 yards or so.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#36]
I love PDW's.Something about a very small package is super cool to me. Anything bigger than this I just want a full rifle round. (probably the reason I have a 11.5" 5.56 and a 9" 300)
Attachment Attached File

But this thing is super cool. The regular configuration is pretty sweet but the "K" config is where it's at.
That being said, hopefully I'll be able to shoot mine this week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Out of morbid curiosity, does anyone know exactly what 922r parts are used on the carbine Evos? I'm assuming it's the trigger, disconnector, handguard, stock, grip, and muzzle device, allowing it to be used with either CZ-UB or CZ-USA mags.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RedRaptor:
Out of morbid curiosity, does anyone know exactly what 922r parts are used on the carbine Evos? I'm assuming it's the trigger, disconnector, handguard, stock, grip, and muzzle device, allowing it to be used with either CZ-UB or CZ-USA mags.
View Quote
It sucks this old thread got  archived,  but everything you need to know and more is here. 

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/461686_CZ_EVO___Aftermarket_and_OEM_vendors.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
I had the same problem after installing the HBI springs last week.  The small spring leg should be up against the trigger housing wall when looking from the rear. There is a large enough of a gap in the spot where the spring resides that it can kind of lay over and the large leg won't push up against the bar like it should causing poor resets.

When looking from the rear of the trigger housing you can see the small spring leg.  If it's not against the wall take a small screwdriver or punch and slide it over to the right so that it is.  This will get the spring to stand up properly and the large leg to shift slightly to the left instead of being wedged between the bar and the wall.  

It's hard to describe and I didn't do a very good job but you'll know when you see it.
View Quote
HBI said the same thing to me.  I'm going to snap a picture for them so they can make sure I have it installed correctly.  Thank you for the reply!

And thanks, HBI, for the great customer service!  I didn't even reach out to them yet but they were on the ball.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Its incredibly well made, I haven't felt compared it to the factory stock yet though. Once I get my 5320.20 back I'll be able to do a side by side with my buddy who has the factory stock on his sbr.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
It sucks this old thread got  archived,  but everything you need to know and more is here. 

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/461686_CZ_EVO___Aftermarket_and_OEM_vendors.html
View Quote
I checked that page already, but didn't see anything about which factory parts are coming on the carbine that makes it 922r compliant. I'm SBRing mine and will be replacing or have already replaced a couple of 922r-affected parts, so I'm not terribly concerned, but I'm trying to figure out if I've got room to maneuver should I want to drop in a CZ-UB disconnector (which is apparently stronger than the US-made one) or if I'm already riding the 10-part limit as is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#42]

I checked that page already, but didn't see anything about which factory parts are coming on the carbine that makes it 922r compliant. I'm SBRing mine and will be replacing or have already replaced a couple of 922r-affected parts, so I'm not terribly concerned, but I'm trying to figure out if I've got room to maneuver should I want to drop in a CZ-UB disconnector (which is apparently stronger than the US-made one) or if I'm already riding the 10-part limit as is.
View Quote
Sorry, I missed the "carbine" part.

I don't know the answer to your question, although I would think it's the same parts that come in the 922r kit, which includes the disconnector. Another option is the CZ Custom US made disconnector, but sold out at this time.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
I'll imagine the muzzle brake is one, since the faux suppressor is US made on the other version, then 7 or 8 parts from their own 922r kit?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#44]
all these carbine posts appear to be OT...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEIT_APDST] [#45]
Attachment Attached File

I had mine almost three weeks, haven't even fired it yet.
I've added the Lage 5 degree right side folder with a KAK tube and Shockwave brace until the stamp comes back.
HB Industries AK safeties (awesome!), long on the right short on the left, extended mag release, THETA trigger shoe, and lightened trigger springs.
Apex Tactical grip.
The trigger, grip, mag followers and floor plates bring me to four 922r parts.  I'm going to get a US made muzzle device next.

Is there any reason you can't put a charging handle on both sides for true ambidextrous?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HEIT_APDST:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/CZ-Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-189662.JPG

I had mine almost three weeks, haven't even fired it yet.
I've added the Lage 5 degree right side folder with a KAK tube and Shockwave brace until the stamp comes back.
HB Industries AK safeties (awesome!), long on the right short on the left, extended mag release, THETA trigger shoe, and lightened trigger springs.
Apex Tactical grip.
The trigger, grip, mag followers and floor plates bring me to four 922r parts.  I'm going to get a US made muzzle device next.

Is there any reason you can't put a charging handle on both sides for true ambidextrous?
View Quote
Nope. I've seen lots of people do it, but I personally think it just means one more thing to snag on. Besides, it still won't be truly ambi since the bolt release is on the left.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Although not available on website, here is a short video teaser for those waiting.

HBI Extended Polymer Charge Handle Betas
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Although not available on website, here is a short video teaser for those waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRnSU1xBIJ0
View Quote
Awesome. I don't plan on changing my stock handguard but would love a longer factory looking charging handle and this looks like it. I'm sure it'll be a bit cheaper too. What's the eta on release date and msrp?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Charging handle looks about perfect. Although the hb handguard does make the factory ch much easier to grab. I'm sure I'll pick one of these up as well since I have just about every HB upgrade
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully soon! I need a poly charging handle. Aluminum on aluminum violence is a real thing.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 178 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top