Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 179 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, gonna have to buy another CZ because I'll have a leftover HBI charging handle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else's lower/trigger housing/magwell unit getting loose? Mine is noticeably wiggly like a loose AR upper/lower fit. I don't notice it too much since the grip is still solid, but when manipulating the safety or changing mags I feel the wiggle. Pretty high round count, close to if not past 7k rounds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#4]
Bought a Scorpion with kak tube and brace today, should have it in hand later this week. I already purchased a primary arms Micro dot (just the cheap one for this go around), HBI trigger spring and right hand safety delete.

I am tempted to get a sidefolder but I am having a tough time convincing myself the thrust is worth the squeeze. I might buy one of those shitty $15 UTG ones and hope i win the Chinese parts roulette and get a decent one. If I really like the gun I will buy a hera sfu or similar.

Looks like a fun gun. I am excited to get it.

Eta: the more I ponder it the more I want to just get an SBT folding brace instead.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting ready to send in the form 1 for my scorpion and debating on whether to keep the barrel length as is or go the k route.  I prefer the looks of the k, but was wondering if I will lose much accuracy with the shorter barrel?  If it matters I have an obsidian in jail that will live on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blip864:
Getting ready to send in the form 1 for my scorpion and debating on whether to keep the barrel length as is or go the k route.  I prefer the looks of the k, but was wondering if I will lose much accuracy with the shorter barrel?  If it matters I have an obsidian in jail that will live on it.
View Quote
why would you accuracy? In theory, shorter barrels will be more accurate
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#7]
View Quote
You can lose velocity with a shorter barrel which can have a negative effect on range and accuracy vs a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
My thought was that if I'm shooting subs then shortening the barrel would cause me to lose some velocity making the bullet start to drop faster making it harder for longer shots.  I should have said effective range instead of accuracy in my original question.  I don't plan on shooting 100 yards a lot but wanted to make sure I wasnt gonna be limited to 25-50 yards before I sent the barrel off to be cut down.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the badly worded question.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The K variant is cool, but I didn't have much interest in doing it myself, mainly because I already have a Glock 34 SBR. Seems silly to go shorter with the cz than the threaded bbl on the 34. I mean, the 34 is already lighter, more reliable, higher capacity, more concealable etc. Might as well let the evo have something! (Velocity?)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]

My thought was that if I'm shooting subs then shortening the barrel would cause me to lose some velocity making the bullet start to drop faster making it harder for longer shots.  I should have said effective range instead of accuracy in my original question.  I don't plan on shooting 100 yards a lot but wanted to make sure I wasnt gonna be limited to 25-50 yards before I sent the barrel off to be cut down.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the badly worded question.
View Quote
You will loose velocity not accuracy. I take my glock 17 back to 100 yards frequently, you won't limit your range that much by going the K route.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#11]
HBI responded to my email to look for the polymer Charging handles in a couple weeks as well as having the handguards back in stock around the same time.
Am looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the replies.  I will go ahead and send my barrel off to be cut down.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#13]
Went ahead and ordered a Hera SFU for my scorpion. Preppers gun shop shows it in stock. It makes me sick to pay that much for a chintzy little adapter but whatever. I would rather pay the money and be happy with it, and I don't have plans to SBR it.

Never ordered from them before, and i was surprised to see it in stock. Looks like they generated a shipping label within an hour or so so I guess they are g2g.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#14]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
I had the same problem after installing the HBI springs last week.  The small spring leg should be up against the trigger housing wall when looking from the rear. There is a large enough of a gap in the spot where the spring resides that it can kind of lay over and the large leg won't push up against the bar like it should causing poor resets.

When looking from the rear of the trigger housing you can see the small spring leg.  If it's not against the wall take a small screwdriver or punch and slide it over to the right so that it is.  This will get the spring to stand up properly and the large leg to shift slightly to the left instead of being wedged between the bar and the wall.  

It's hard to describe and I didn't do a very good job but you'll know when you see it.
View Quote
Hey IA, just wanted to say "thanks" for posting the details above. I was upgrading my springs / trigger shoe tonight and everything seemed to be functioning ok...the short leg was up against the side, but the long was was wedged towards the side as well, exactly as you describe above. Tiny amount of pressure with a flat screw driver and it 'popped' into it's proper position further away from the wall. Thanks amigo, you saved me from having to take everything apart again to fiddle with it when I got the 'reset issue'.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#15]
Awesome. That's what we're all here for. Well, most of us. 

Another tip I read later that can also prevent the trigger from resetting is that if you replace the trigger shoe but don't get the roll pin centered just right it can hang up in the slot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:28:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hero] [#16]
Anyone have a set of the factory fixed sights they're not using and want to sell me?

Edit: GOT ONE, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a set of factory sights, pretty sure they are adjustable though..
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
I have a set of factory sights, pretty sure they are adjustable though..
View Quote
I meant fixed as opposed to flip up, rather than not adjustable. IM inbound!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:45:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dsking85] [#19]
My Micro K scorpion build with Tirant 9 and trijicon MRO

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry if this has been covered previously. Regarding the barrels that are threaded 18x1 and 1/2x28, does anyone make a small thread protector that just covers the 18x1 section? That way, if you have a muzzle device or can threaded onto the 1/2x28 section, the 18x1 threads are not exposed. I'm envisioning something like a collar that threads onto and just covers up that section of threads to clean up the look at the end of the barrel there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:21:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: peligro113] [#21]
it comes with one from the factory

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#22]
This is what I've got going...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#24]
A clip through your special K configured gun a day is part of a balanced range regiment.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got a GM-9 on it at the moment, but this is a better picture.  Comp added simply to move muzzle blast past inside of handguard.  Color is Belgian Brown.  By far my favorite shooter these days.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#26]
mine came with this from the factory

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Done!   For now.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Huh. I bought mine used but unfired. Didn't come with that. Anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on that 18x1 threaded "spacer" as posted by peligro113 above?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#29]
What is the difference between these two versions?

CZ-USA EVO 3 PS1  (MPN:  91350  UPC:   806703913506)
CZ-USA EVO 3 S1   (MPN:  01351  UPC:   806703013510)
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:
What is the difference between these two versions?

CZ-USA EVO 3 PS1  (MPN:  91350  UPC:   806703913506)
CZ-USA EVO 3 S1   (MPN:  01351  UPC:   806703013510)
View Quote
First one comes w 2 20 round mags, second one comes w 2 10 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#31]
The Pakse grip is now in stock at HB Industries.

here
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By kevguillot:

here
View Quote
Damn, I just got a Yetiwurks Switchback in the mail and I like the looks of the pathfinder way better. The pathfinder allows for removal of the lower without taking off the grip too. Bah.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#33]

here
View Quote
I wasn't going to but F it...i'll give it a try. Ordered!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#34]

here
View Quote
that's cool. I'm going to buy one of these, but I'm waiting to combine orders on an impending polymer extended charging handle purchase...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

that's cool. I'm going to buy one of these, but I'm waiting to combine orders on an impending polymer extended charging handle purchase...
View Quote
I was going to do the same but I wasn't gonna chance this being OoS when the PCH's do finally release.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:18:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#36]
You're prolly right, but I need to put the current grip through its paces for an honest comparison anyway, so if it happens it's all good. Besides, might get super lucky with a memorial day / independence day discount code or something...
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
For those of you who have the sb tactical sbtevo brace on you scorpion, how do you like it? Worth the money and time to search for one?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I had one and it was excellent. Unfortunately they're unobtanium right now.

I sold it to buy a Tailhook and related hardware.  Crazy, but due to the extreme shortage of SBTEVO braces I got a boatload for it and payed for my new brace.

William
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#39]
BTW for those that want the Pakse grip in FDE (like me), there's a notification list. Hopefully that means they're not far out if this batch moves...
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:40:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#40]
Originally Posted By Hero:

Huh. I bought mine used but unfired. Didn't come with that. Anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on that 18x1 threaded "spacer" as posted by peligro113 above?

Thanks!
View Quote
I am unaware of anywhere that sells them. Contact cz usa customer service maybe they can help you. It should have came with one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#41]
If you have access to a machine shop just buy an extra FH and have it chopped down
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By akuser-47:

I am unaware of anywhere that sells them. Contact cz usa customer service maybe they can help you. It should have came with one.
View Quote
Yep, called them yesterday. They said they did not have any right now, but expected them in about a month. Told me to call back in a month and they would send me one once they have them in stock.

I bought mine used, but unfired. So the seller must have lost or gotten rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Any word on SB tactical folding brace? I have had one on order at optics planet since april 1st.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mzevenb3596:
Any word on SB tactical folding brace? I have had one on order at optics planet since april 1st.
View Quote
SB Tactical got some in last week but they sold out fast. They said they were shipping more to dealers so they should start showing up. I got a back in stock notification from one palace this morning but missed it and then found another place that had one in stock and I ordered it. It shows sold out now so I hope it actually was in stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Just orders the Pakse grip and their (HBi) polymer mag release from HBi.  I was going to order the Apex grip, but I like the looks of the Pakse much better.  I really wish that someone would make a grip that looks like the stock one but at a more vertical angle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:01:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rzrsedge] [#47]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Just orders the Pakse grip and their (HBi) polymer mag release from HBi.  I was going to order the Apex grip, but I like the looks of the Pakse much better.  I really wish that someone would make a grip that looks like the stock one but at a more vertical angle.
View Quote
My thoughts as well, as much as I hate the price, the Yetiwurkz switchback looks like the best option aesthetically, might just spend the extra for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm pretty shocked that there isn't a magpul grip out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By rzrsedge:

My thoughts as well, as much as I hate the price, the Yetiwurkz switchback looks like the best option aesthetically, might just spend the extra for it.
View Quote
Sent you a PM
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
I'm pretty shocked that there isn't a magpul grip out.
View Quote
Considering what's happening with the UBR2, nothing new from Magpul surprises me anymore.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 179 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top