Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 206 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:36:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HTHF] [#1]
I put another 200 rounds of Blazer 115 gr fmj through my Scorpion. I received the replacement extractor, extractor spring and extractor base from CZ for free. So at least they are supporting the platform. The original parts did not appear to have anything wrong. It was my starting point to diagnose the FTE/FTF problem which was at 1% of all rounds fired. So far so good, first time ever with no FTF/FTE. Someone said earlier in the thread that they had the same problem and it smoothed out around the 1000 round count. I am at 1100 rounds through the gun. All the shooting was unsurpressed, we will put the can on next time as some of the failures prior were during suppressed operation.

I will keep sending lead through it and see what happens. If it was simply a case of break in, that is just poor CQ or manufacturing. I like the gun, but have never owned anything that was fickle like this. I am very curious to know what if anything the redesigned factory mags would do. I see the feed lips and follower are different. I applaud CZ for making revisions all the time. Would be nice to see them get it right from the get go.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbl23:

More info on this please.  Just a magpul qd or what?
View Quote
It's a Grovtec QD base which is threaded on the outside.

Took a Gen 1 Scorpion stock (no magnet on the Gen 1s) and drilled a half inch hole in it. Tapped the hole for the proper thread pitch and epoxied it in. Works great and is solid as a rock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
CZ has made a can that threads on about 1/3 of the way in, with a back blast chamber the envelopes around the barrel, allowing
the can to sit deeper into the hand guard.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/17z_CZScorpionS2SuppressorCutaway-676497.JPG
View Quote
Would be pretty amazing if the gun wasn't straight blowback. If CZ is working on an EVO4 with some sort of delayed system and keeps their current direction of listening to customers - holy hell it would be all over.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
Weak side...

https://ck5.com/forums/media/evo-side.29854/full 

Strong side...

https://ck5.com/forums/media/evo-side-2.29860/full 

Business side.... (Good view of the mp5 sight drum large apeture and the mods to the rail covers that allow the charging handle to move freely in / out of the locked-back position.)

https://ck5.com/forums/media/evo-front-2.29856/full 

The booty...

https://ck5.com/forums/media/evo-headstand.29859/full 

Funny thing I noticed during taking these pics: with an unloaded mag it can "stand"/balance on it's "feet" (mag down), "head" (muzzle down), and on it's butt too. Kinda weird, but handy for pic taking!
View Quote
What muzzle device is this?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
Not mine. Saw this on the Scorpion owners Facebook page. NFI. Just thought it was cool.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22973/FB_IMG_1537994455399-683933.jpg
View Quote
I usually don't like things like this but that's bad ass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm finally done, sans a can. I'll be leaving it a pistol as it's easier to take around. The only thing I may change is the offset M300 mount. I would like to find something that pulls the light in a little closer.

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bw77:What muzzle device is this?
View Quote
Rousch Sports, they make several vortex clones, the short ones are awesome for builds like this. Very attractive price point to. I spend a lot of money on guns, but I have a hard time spending over $50 on a muzzle device that isn't a silencer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Got to test fit my reflex can today (Which is still in jail).
Coulda gone a couple inches shorter with the barrel, but it will do for now. Very well balanced and fits perfect in the Ridgid case. Can't wait to shoot it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Coulda gone a couple inches shorter with the barrel, but it will do for now. Very well balanced and fits perfect in the Ridgid case. Can't wait to shoot it!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/20181011_143632_jpg-701799.JPG
View Quote
That’s cool
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/20181011_143632_jpg-701799.JPG
View Quote
Very nice. That's with a 5.5" barrel, correct?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#12]
Originally Posted By jsha22lr:

Very nice. That's with a 5.5" barrel, correct?
View Quote
Correct.
I should have gone right back to the shoulder, where the barrel gets bigger, but at the time was going off very loose dimensions about the can.
Didn't want to take off too much material! Maybe someday I'll get it shorter but not worried about it for now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Swapped the Magpul offset Scout mount for the Arisaka offset Scout mount. This combination is absolutely perfect for the HBI handguards and I don't believe any other mount can bring a Scout light closer. I modified an old MOE Surefire pressure pad switch holder for the other side and I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I just grabbed a Romeo for mine... what mount did you use to get it so low..?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
I just grabbed a Romeo for mine... what mount did you use to get it so low..?
View Quote
I used the low mount that came in the box. Did yours come with both low and high mounts?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Very cool - what light and mount is that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I am looking at the HBI rail and the aluminum charging handles but HBI warns of potential problems running a Aluminum CH with a aluminum rail.  Anyone here have experience with that set up? Have you had any problems?  I know HBI also offers a polymer CH but I like the look of the red one!
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
I am looking at the HBI rail and the aluminum charging handles but HBI warns of potential problems running a Aluminum CH with a aluminum rail.  Anyone here have experience with that set up? Have you had any problems?  I know HBI also offers a polymer CH but I like the look of the red one!
View Quote
Yes. Don't do it.
(Aluminum does not like sliding on Aluminum) Use their alloy CH with the stock plastic handguard, or the plastic one with an alloy handguard.
(I already made that mistake. )
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Can confirm, the Innovative Arms IA-SC9 suppressor is a pretty slick mod.  If you go that route, you may want to buy a separate barrel and HB Industries handguard.  Let that combo sit in jail while you continue to shoot your Scorpion then change the front end once you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked up an Evo carbine with the pencil barrel tonight. I like it, but I hate how the handguard looks.

Is it possible to mount a pistol handguard on the carbine while retaining the 16" barrel? Make it look something like an old school HK 94?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#21]
^^ Yes to both ^^
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
^^ Yes to both ^^
View Quote
What will I need aside from the Pistol front handguard assembly and the Rifle barrel nut socket?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Nothing in can think of.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MONGO45] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

Put things together tonight...

HBI safety, trigger spring, duck bill mag release.

Also added grip, brace, Romeo 5 and Surefire.

Took the pic before doing the internal work.

YouTube and 20 minutes made the installation a snap.

Ready for the range.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#25]
Originally Posted By joesrcool:
Swapped the Magpul offset Scout mount for the Arisaka offset Scout mount. This combination is absolutely perfect for the HBI handguards and I don't believe any other mount can bring a Scout light closer. I modified an old MOE Surefire pressure pad switch holder for the other side and I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1944/30363499327_7a34743bfe_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1975/45302743981_08e62543c2_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1916/30363498917_6b5a0af550_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1950/31429139468_020a1b04bb_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1973/30363498567_9ec5168113_h.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1914/45302743781_c6dff76e39_h.jpg
View Quote
Damn that's one of coolest looking guns I've seen in awhile....and again gives me headaches as I really want a K version like yours, but who knows when that will be.   The older I get, the more I prefer factory guns over custom ones when possible.

Awesome job on that one brother, bet it's a blast to shoot...no pun intended

eta....just noticed your avatar, no wonder I like style.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

Damn that's one of coolest looking guns I've seen in awhile....and again gives me headaches as I really want a K version like yours, but who knows when that will be.   The older I get, the more I prefer factory guns over custom ones when possible.

Awesome job on that one brother, bet it's a blast to shoot...no pun intended

eta....just noticed your avatar, no wonder I like style.
View Quote
Thanks Brother!

This little CZ is quickly becoming my new favorite blaster. That said, I'll never get rid of my LMT's!

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I finally broke down and ordered an HBI K kit yesterday.  Interestingly I’ve found I actually like the stock CZ pistol grip when I shoot with the Tailhook - the angle works out fine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#28]
For anyone that's pulled the barrel, do you need to remove the barrel nut/rail or can you just split the receiver and the handguard will fall off?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I've seen it done both ways.

Some cut the handguard off.

That barrel nut can be tough.
View Quote
I purchased the barrel nut tool just to be safe, but it looks like the receiver halves are slightly keyed into the hanguard. Other than that, on the surface at least, there doesn't seem to be anything the secures the handguard to the rest of the gun apart from the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:

I purchased the barrel nut tool just to be safe, but it looks like the receiver halves are slightly keyed into the hanguard. Other than that, on the surface at least, there doesn't seem to be anything the secures the handguard to the rest of the gun apart from the barrel nut.
View Quote
IIRC, the receiver halves lock into the barrel trunion and do not attach to the handguard in any way. I was able to get my barrel nut off without any heat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By joesrcool:

Thanks Brother!

This little CZ is quickly becoming my new favorite blaster. That said, I'll never get rid of my LMT's!

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1940/30498402817_9fce1a9f47_h.jpg
View Quote
Fantastic brother, love that picture!  Thanks for sharing it with us
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#34]
This really makes me want the K conversion

Some questions for you folks

Is the OAL of a scorpion with brace measured with the brace folded or unfolded?

Specifically the tailhook, (which is adjustable) would this be measured all the way out or in? Or would it depend on the relative configuration?

Are VFGs still good to go on pistols? (So long as the OAL is 26” or greater and has a LOP of 13” or more)

OR should I just bypass the BS and get a “foregrip” similar to the one in picture below?

Attachment Attached File

I hate having to keep up with the ATF antics, sorry for what are probably stupid questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide answers
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I think if it’s a pistol (using a brace) you can’t use a vertical foregrip...

Someone more up on the regulations will be along shortly
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Finally picked it up from the FFL.   Now I need some HBI goodies and a tax stamp

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
I think if it’s a pistol (using a brace) you can’t use a vertical foregrip...

Someone more up on the regulations will be along shortly
View Quote
Technically, if you can get the OAL over 26 inches you fall into the "firearm" category and can stick a VFG on there.  After all the crap with the ATF and firearms in Connecticut I'm a bit leery of it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Nice!
What barrel and suppressor is that using?

Monk
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#41]
The CZ reflex suppressor I believe
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Any feedback on the following brace adapters?

Don't really like the look of the SB tactical offerings, and the CZ Custom, and factory + tailhook is $$$

I already have the fixed adapter, tube and brace. The UTG folder was junk so I took it off.

Sylvan Titan folding brace adapter @ $130

Lage @ $150

Hera @ $120

Anything out there I should consider?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I've got a Lage folding stock on mine. It's a well built adapter. No slop when it's locked open.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:04:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestRookie] [#44]
Full tailhook kit back in stock at YetiWurks. Just an FYI...
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By pc299:
The CZ reflex suppressor I believe
View Quote
Thank you.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestRookie] [#47]
Picked up my Evo on Thursday. Installed the tailhook as soon as I got home. Got the HBI Pro-Stock charging handle and AK lever installed this morning. Took it out to the range to zero the Romeo in and I gotta say, this is easily my favorite gun to shoot now. Absolutely love this thing, so much fun. Put 90 rounds through it, 40 dirty ass rounds of 115gr American Eagle and 60 rounds of Blazer Aluminum, not a single issue.

Only things left to do to it are install the HBI duck bill mag release and send the trigger pack off to ShootersElement to install their flat trigger, HBI reduced weight springs and do their full polish job. Trigger isn't that bad, but having SE work some magic on it seems like a no-brainer. Still can't decide what grip I want to try out.. probably gonna go with the YetiWurks Switchback.

Decided to sight in at 25 yards...this won't be a long range gun. I'm gonna look into some 124gr NATO from PSA and maybe some 147gr too, as I'm sure it can do a little better than this. I'll have to get it back out after the trigger work. I'm still happy with the results, all things considered.

Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:
Picked up my Evo on Thursday. Installed the tailhook as soon as I got home. Got the HBI Pro-Stock charging handle and AK lever installed this morning. Took it out to the range to zero the Romeo in and I gotta say, this is easily my favorite gun to shoot now. Absolutely love this thing, so much fun. Put 90 rounds through it, 40 dirty ass rounds of 115gr American Eagle and 60 rounds of Blazer Aluminum, not a single issue.

Only things left to do to it are install the HBI duck bill mag release and send the trigger pack off to ShootersElement to install their flat trigger, HBI reduced weight springs and do their full polish job. Trigger isn't that bad, but having SE work some magic on it seems like a no-brainer. Still can't decide what grip I want to try out.. probably gonna go with the YetiWurks Switchback.

Decided to sight in at 25 yards...this won't be a long range gun. I'm gonna look into some 124gr NATO from PSA and maybe some 147gr too, as I'm sure it can do a little better than this. I'll have to get it back out after the trigger work. I'm still happy with the results, all things considered.
View Quote
What is the co-witness like on the Romeo5?

I tried on on an MP5 at the range and was surprised it was not too bad with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestRookie] [#49]
Originally Posted By rcbif:

What is the co-witness like on the Romeo5?

I tried on on an MP5 at the range and was surprised it was not too bad with my astigmatism.
View Quote
The dot sits maybe a quarter inch (at most) above the front post. I didn't even shoot it without the Romeo on, but I definitely felt like I had to crunch my neck to get down to the iron sights, I much prefer the height the red dot sits. A lot more comfortable.

I don't know if I have an astigmatism, but this is probably the cleanest red dot I've used. I have an MRO that doesn't seem quite as crisp even. Really impressed with the Romeo so far.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I cannot find a stock folding setup at all. I can get individual pieces but it adds up. Does anyone have a lead on a folder/cheek rest in FDE with the tailhook adapter?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 206 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top