User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Any tips on getting the sight base welded on straight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any tips on getting the sight base welded on straight?

3D print this works good to tack with.  

Rail alignment

Sight Weld

Or get real fancy

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kells81:

Or get real fancy[/url]

https://weapon-builder.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/RSBA_cvr_img.jpg
View Quote

That looks really good. Is it me or does the front of the rear sight base look like it’s not fully contacting the receiver?
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That jig looks very nice. As do the other jigs on their site. I really want a mandrel and rail alignment jig, would need G3 and MP5 sizes, dang that's a spicy meatball.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:40:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#4]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie_84:
That jig looks very nice. As do the other jigs on their site. I really want a mandrel and rail alignment jig, would need G3 and MP5 sizes, dang that's a spicy meatball.
View Quote

They plan on doing a rental service.  I have one of the mandrel setups from the guy in LA that was poorly executed and ordered a G3 and MP5 version from this company.  

This also looks really neat and would be an asset in building a 21 due to all the welding.  

Copper welding mandrel
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kells81:

They plan on doing a rental service.  I have one of the mandrel setups from the guy in LA that was poorly executed and ordered a G3 and MP5 version from this company.  

This also looks really neat and would be an asset in building a 21 due to all the welding.  

Copper welding mandrel
View Quote

Oh man that's sweet! I made a small backer for doing brass deflectors out of a sheet of copper. I've thought a flat made of copper would be a good product; could cut it up into smaller sections for individual backers, it'd be perfect size unlike the one I smashed into shape using a carrier with hammer and chisel.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Gun Jesus posted a motivational video this morning.  

HK21 or Portuguese m/968: The H&K G3 Grows into a Light Machine Gun
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If a guy was going to buy a kit today who should I get it from? I see they are still available from a few different out fits ranging from 1500-1700

I think I maybe moving my RPD to try and get into one of these
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#10]
Originally Posted By chase45:
If a guy was going to buy a kit today who should I get it from? I see they are still available from a few different out fits ranging from 1500-1700

I think I maybe moving my RPD to try and get into one of these
View Quote

I have one coming from centerfire.  I think essentially they all come from the same source though.  The Apex cut v2.0 looks interesting because I think a person could do a graft but I don’t think the welds would hold up to the beating.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Kit in from Centerfire-  

Pretty nice unit-  sorry about the roosters.
HK21 kit from Centerfire systems 9-24
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone have tips to strip and clean/inspect the feed mechanism? There are a few videos on how it works, but I would like to take mine apart and clean it while I wait on my parts to come in.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mrf2:
Does anyone have tips to strip and clean/inspect the feed mechanism? There are a few videos on how it works, but I would like to take mine apart and clean it while I wait on my parts to come in.

Thanks!
View Quote

lol I was looking at mine to take apart just to see what makes it work and then put it back in the shelf.  Not today satan!

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mrf2:

Thanks!
View Quote

I did mine, its a pain in the ass and I dont recommend it unless you really need to take it apart. It comes apart easy but getting it back together sucks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Jeff at PCS has been building and messing with 21s for 20ish years. He absolutely recommends to NOT take apart the feed mechanism. I don't plan on taking mine apart. It's tempting, but after reading a bit more, nah. Just air compressor blow out dust and dirt, light oil and that's it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#17]
2nd kit from Centerfire motivation.  It’s as nice or nice than the first kit.  

Also- on the trigger pack conversion be prepared!  The cages in these things are as hard as woodpecker lips!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#18]
Put the entire feed mech in a sonic cleaner with dawn dish soap or other degreasing soap.  Rinse it good after, blow it out, saturate it with rem oil, blow it out with compressed air.  Then oil it.  Clean like new.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
As far as PTR recievers will any of their models do ?

Markings wont be a problem when being converted with the run of the mill PTR receivers like Atlantic sells ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#20]
A PTR91 receiver will work.

No issues with the markings. The serial number is on the top. The manufacturer name and model is on the mag well which will be cut off, but that doesn't matter. Just need the serial number for Title I firearms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Type7SOT:
A PTR91 receiver will work.

No issues with the markings. The serial number is on the top. The manufacturer name and model is on the mag well which will be cut off, but that doesn't matter. Just need the serial number for Title I firearms.
View Quote

Thanks Type7SOT !

- I may have asked this before somewhere in this thread but could not remember,  thanks again for clarifying.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barbcue] [#22]

Yeah but he still needs the hk21 buffer.
View Quote

I might be able to help with the 91 buffer,, i still have the old stock, buffer and spring set up that came broken and Atlantic replaced just in time before they ran out of spare parts.

all of the buffers 3 that i have received where all 91 buffers not 21

He really needs to find an HK21 stock ferrule and spring set that isnt broken if thats the case.

Gatewood Supply has them but they want $400 and change for the damn things

If someone was real good and i mean real fuggin GOOD !  at welding very tiny small clean welds my spare broken set could be repaired but its far beyond my skills.
(i still have the tiny little broken off section ! i found it at the bottom of the shipping box)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By barbcue:

I might be able to help with the 91 buffer,, i still have the old stock, buffer and spring set up that came broken and Atlantic replaced just in time before they ran out of spare parts.

all of the buffers 3 that i have received where all 91 buffers not 21

He really needs to find an HK21 stock ferrule and spring set that isnt broken if thats the case.

Gatewood Supply has them but they want $400 and change for the damn things

If someone was real good and i mean real fuggin GOOD !  at welding very tiny small clean welds my spare broken set could be repaired but its far beyond my skills.
(i still have the tiny little broken off section ! i found it at the bottom of the shipping box)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/16380/450120034_788189580131096_12063353457669-3322545.JPG
View Quote

That’s a good candidate for a HK21E rod conversion (21 spring on the 21E rod…)
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barbcue] [#24]

That’s a good candidate for a HK21E rod conversion (21 spring on the 21E rod…)
View Quote

Im looking for someone to de burr and fix and clean up a couple 21 shrouds ill throw some money at you - if you are up to it

One needs a double tree swap and the sling mount replaced the other just needs the front 2-3 inches of the cocking tube slot straightend out a little. BOTH need the cocking tube slots smoothed/sanded

want clean smooth cocking tube slots before i send these off.

Have all the parts including the rivits for the sling mount.. Id send this spare stock set up and see if you want to mess with it as well.

Message me if either of you guys Type7 or CMS are up for it.

Im a night shift truck driver and have zero time to deal with this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Im looking for someone to de burr and fix and clean up a couple 21 shrouds ill throw some money at you - if you are up to it

One needs a double tree swap and the sling mount replaced the other just needs the front 2-3 inches of the cocking tube slot straightend out a little. BOTH need the cocking tube slots smoothed/sanded

want clean smooth cocking tube slots before i send these off.

Have all the parts including the rivits for the sling mount.. Id send this spare stock set up and see if you want to mess with it as well.

Message me if either of you guys Type7 or CMS are up for it.

Im a night shift truck driver and have zero time to deal with this.
View Quote

I'm flattered but I'm a hack when it comes to sheetmetal guns lol! At this point I only feel comfortable tinkering with my own stuff. There are definitely more experienced guys out there who you'd be better off giving your money to, maybe someone can make a recomendation?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm flattered but I'm a hack when it comes to sheetmetal guns lol! At this point I only feel comfortable tinkering with my own stuff. There are definitely more experienced guys out there who you'd be better off giving your money to, maybe someone can make a recomendation?
View Quote

That would be very appreciated.

I have 3 shrouds for 2 kits and the spare stock,ferrule and recoil spring assembly

I want to fix the spare shroud at my expense and if possible the stock assembly "correctly" in case someone gets screwed on their kit with damaged or missing parts and needs them.

These parts are too rare and expensive to not do what we can to fix them and "pay it forward" so to speak

- Once these parts are gone they are GONE save every part as online vendors want RAPE prices for these old parts from what ive seen so far.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Cryostructure has their 21 reinforcing rails on Gunbroker. They look a little too short at the back.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1066100273
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I think they look short because that’s not a standard cut stock.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah that is cut a bit different than the normal stocks isn’t it? I looked at a bunch of photos of the FMP guns before I cut my teardrop rails to size and they have a larger gap than I would have thought. I figure the things are mostly there to mitigate roller dents so they probably just need to extend aft of the bolt head to do their job. They do stiffen up the receiver considerably once stitched on though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BASE:
Yeah that is cut a bit different than the normal stocks isn’t it? I looked at a bunch of photos of the FMP guns before I cut my teardrop rails to size and they have a larger gap than I would have thought. I figure the things are mostly there to mitigate roller dents so they probably just need to extend aft of the bolt head to do their job. They do stiffen up the receiver considerably once stitched on though.
View Quote

Cetme stock. I stand corrected, I bet the rails are plenty long at the back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys waiting on RCM barrels might want to check your inbox (and maybe spam folders). I finally got the email from them this morning, sounds like they are shipping out next week.
Link Posted: Today 5:22:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: barbcue] [#32]
Those "Cryo RAILS"

Do i have to buy them from GB ? or is there another way to purchase them ?
i need 2 sets
Link Posted: Today 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Those "Cryo RAILS"

Do i have to buy them from GB ? or is there another way to purchase them ?
i need 2 sets
View Quote

I think there is some fuckery abound on that whole deal but you can buy direct from their website.  The GB person appears to be in a different state.  

https://www.cryostructure.com/product/hk21-reinforcement-rails/
Link Posted: Today 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys waiting on RCM barrels might want to check your inbox (and maybe spam folders). I finally got the email from them this morning, sounds like they are shipping out next week.
View Quote

How the heck do you buy one?

Link Posted: Today 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

View Quote

Send an email to: [email protected]

I emailed him quite a while back and made it into the first batch. There is another (hopefully larger) batch in the works already.
Link Posted: Today 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#36]

I emailed him quite a while back and made it into the first batch. There is another (hopefully larger) batch in the works already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

Done!

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top