Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 37
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
I started a little backwards and decided to get all of the M110 specific stuff before I bought a SR25 so far I have

Marvin Pitts M110 profile barrel
URX 2 handguard
double railed gasblock

And I have on the way

Muzzle device
KAC adjustable stock

I think once those last two get in I will have all of the weird M110 specific parts (outside of the silencer obvisouly) and can start looking for a good donor SR25 rifle. I was surprised it only took a month or so to source these M110 specific parts.

https://u.cubeupload.com/himmelfrhat/1626102353426.jpg
View Quote

hell of a start!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Glad to see it finally finished! Fantastic.
View Quote

@Outrider Word.

Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:
Thread bump

https://i.imgur.com/RVsO4rn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6gsOfVD.jpg
View Quote

@Teufelhunden1 That's what's up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mra4523] [#5]
I've got a couple of money pits as well.

My Mk11 Mod 0 is a factory upper with a vero beach rail sitting on a vero beach lower. Waiting on an optic but can't decide on whether or not to use a Leupold or Nightforce. I generally favor Nightforce, but it would be nice to have some diversity, optic wise, in the safe.

My Mk11 Mod 2/M110 was a bit more complicated. Originally I wanted to go with a factory M110 upper and sit it on a modern SR25 lower. Things just didn't turn out, so I went with a more deconstructed and difficult path. Bought the SR-25 lower from Big Tex along with the M110 can and played the patient game with Operation Parts and NS Defense on all the lower parts for the M110 stock. Picked up a donor ACC upper, M110/Mk11 gas block, older URX consistent with the Navy Mk11 Mod 2, and barrel spun up by Marvin Pitts. Still holding out hope for a factory M110 barrel to pop up someday, but the Nefarious barrel is solid and should serve me well until such a time comes around. The kit is headed to PSD this week.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mra4523:

That M110 is looking A1. I've got one headed your way this week!
View Quote

Eric does great work - he's done a few of my rifles.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Trying to resist painting my Mk11, but pictures like this don't help:

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Trying to resist painting my Mk11, but pictures like this don't help:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/e8/ce/85e8cec747c1e240d273796571a323de.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Well..just bought a SR25 lower to start a M110 build

I was wondering though, has there been any use of collapsible stocks on a full length M110? Like a SOPMOD or Magpul ACS-L? Also, are there any commercially available uppers that have the M110 Enhanced marking or would I need to get that engraved?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Inside the Marine Corps' New Recon Sniper Course | Pt. 1
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally got the upper re-barreled today. Taking apart an almost 30yr old factory upper was not fun. I’ll post some pics of the whole rifle up once I can get it all reassembled.

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Finally got the upper re-barreled today. Taking apart an almost 30yr old factory upper was not fun. I'll post some pics of the whole rifle up once I can get it all reassembled.

https://i.imgur.com/YDcVjJL.jpg
View Quote

Dude that's awesome.

What barrel did you go with?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Dude that's awesome.

What barrel did you go with?
View Quote

I had a turn in barrel lined up and it fell through last minute. So I grabbed one of Marvin’s barrels and sent him my turn in block to be fit to the barrel. Supper happy with it so far. Hoping I can take it out in the next couple weeks to shoot it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]

I had a turn in barrel lined up and it fell through last minute. So I grabbed one of Marvin’s barrels and sent him my turn in block to be fit to the barrel. Supper happy with it so far. Hoping I can take it out in the next couple weeks to shoot it.
View Quote

ETA - Got it all together

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#15]

https://i.imgur.com/ry1IMhu.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks man! Wish I recorded taking the upper apart.... I was hanging off the breaker bar at one point!
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
That's one clean looking Mk11!

If only I could actually get ahold of Nefarious Arms for an M110 barrel - I've emailed them 3 times over the past week and a half and still no response.

Guess I'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#18]
That's one clean looking Mk11!

If only I could actually get ahold of Nefarious Arms for an M110 barrel - I've emailed them 3 times over the past week and a half and still no response.

Guess I'll keep trying.
View Quote

They’re the best option out there right now IMO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally scored a Simrad cap.

Looks like I need some extra screws (as it didn't come with any) to mount it to my 30mm KAC rings on my Mk11 - any idea which specific screws will work and where to get them?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks like I need some extra screws (as it didn't come with any) to mount it to my 30mm KAC rings on my Mk11 - any idea which specific screws will work and where to get them?
View Quote

McMaster Carr

Not sure what size they are. Probably a 10-32 socket head cap screw.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Swing down to the shop and I’ll get you squared away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks dudes.

@bleaman225 - will hit you up - thanks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#23]
this may be a touchy subject so forgive me if it is, is there anyone out there who remarks SR25 lowers to "M110"?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
this may be a touchy subject so forgive me if it is, is there anyone out there who remarks SR25 lowers to "M110"?
View Quote

Something about additional markings being legal, and removing required markings to replace with others being a solid no no.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:

Something about additional markings being legal, and removing required markings to replace with others being a solid no no.
View Quote

Changing the model is not a problem. HK guys remark 94s all the time to MP5, SD etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:27:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 545superiority] [#27]

View All Quotes

I had the most reputable builder in the HK community remark my SP5 to MP5SD with no questions asked, he even advertises the service. Its just I know it seems as though people in the KAC community are a little more touchy on these things than what I am use to in the HK and AK world.

Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
There are people out there that do, but it's still wrong and not accurate. So you're basically voiding your warranty to have the wrong markings on your gun.

I am sure the warranty will be voided when I have the barrel swapped out for one that didnt come on it lol, plus KAC is supposed to be the best in the game so I shouldnt need a warranty should I?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#28]

I had the most reputable builder in the HK community remark my SP5 to MP5SD with no questions asked, he even advertises the service. Its just I know it seems as though people in the KAC community are a little more touchy on these things than what I am use to in the HK and AK world.

I am sure the warranty will be voided when I have the barrel swapped out for one that didnt come on it lol, plus KAC is supposed to be the best in the game so I shouldnt need a warranty should I?
View Quote

If you are somewhat close to Charlotte give Tarheel State Firearms a shout. Great people to work with. They’ve done all my laser engravings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#29]
There are people out there that do, but it's still wrong and not accurate. So you're basically voiding your warranty to have the wrong markings on your gun.

View Quote

To go along with your point, you can remark the SR-25 to read M110 but I haven't seen anyone offer the Knights Manufacturing Company remarked to Knights Armament Company service. So yeah, its still not correct and the M110 mark is close to $500.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#31]

I've seen warranty work done on things that the end user had happen that wasn't KAC's fault, but now you're just opening the door to them not even looking at it.

It's a fair point, but my counter point is why when the markings are still wrong?
View Quote

I agree that if nobody can get it to match 100% its a useless endeavor. The markings on my MP5SD and MP5k done by TSC are identical to factory HK markings and I assumed there was someone out there who could replicate KAC markings with the same accuracy. If not then its a moot point.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:04:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#32]

View Quote

@Dobs013 You own the most beautiful project MK11 MOD 0 on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:18:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#33]
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:

View Quote

Thanks man! It’s been an obsession for 2 years and I had my moments where I wondered if I would finish it or not bc of parts. Now that it’s done tho, it was worth it all!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks man! It’s been an obsession for 2 years and I had my moments where I wondered if I would finish it or not bc of parts. Now that it’s done tho, it was worth it all!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:

Now you need to paint it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Can’t do it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Can’t do it!
View All Quotes

Can’t do it!

I can do it for you.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#38]

I can do it for you.
View Quote

The gun I used as an example is black so I gotta keep mine black...that’s the excuse I’m using
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#39]

The gun I used as an example is black so I gotta keep mine black...that’s the excuse I’m using
View All Quotes

I can do it for you.

I was going to reply to your post in the GWOT thread about the other member cloning the one in the Vickers Guide that all the Mk11 examples in there are painted to some extent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Mk11s and Mk12s look so good in black. Must be a FF RAS thing…
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Purple RAS FTW.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Mk11s and Mk12s look so good in black. Must be a FF RAS thing…
View Quote

Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
Purple RAS FTW.  

Cheers
View Quote

Agreed on both counts! Plus you can’t cover blurple with paint...it’s just wrong.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#43]
One more piece of the puzzle (simrad cap) has arrived - just need to find four (4) KAC scope ring screws to finish it off. Anyone know if KAC sells those?

If not, will any particular brand work if they're the correct size?

I saw mention of McMaster-Carr above?

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#44]
If they use the same screws as the one piece mounts then Operation Parts has some in stock.

https://www.operationparts.com/knights-armament-one-piece-scope-mount-clamp-screw/
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#45]
@wayfaerer320

Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Does this count?

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#47]
The wait for my SR25 lower to be refinished is killing me...

Does anyone have pics of collapsible stocks on a full length M110? I was planning on using an ACS.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
The wait for my SR25 lower to be refinished is killing me...

https://i.ibb.co/nfZLMg2/20210726-175016.jpg

Does anyone have pics of collapsible stocks on a full length M110? I was planning on using an ACS.
View Quote

@Blanco_Diablo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#49]

That is not bad at all...I think I'll be happy. Thank you!

ETA: another question. I know my Mark 4 is calibrated for 168gr ammo, of which I have a little bit for zeroing when my lower gets done. But do you guys exclusively shoot 168gr out of your guns? Can I still expect good accuracy out to 800yd with considerably less expensive M80 spec ammo?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#50]
If I had to spitball I’d say 15-20” groups at 800 with M80. I have never tried it though.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top