Page / 37
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
same dimensions as what?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:56:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themissinglink] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Blackfood_7 - that's a good catch and thanks for the heads up!

I wonder where the hell they dug those up. Guess they found a bunch in the warehouse somewhere at Leupold or some distributor.
View Quote

Indeed. I needed one for a project.

Anything’s possible as to the origin of them, maybe a overrun that was being held onto. Or maybe a advance replacement for fielded ones.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#3]
Originally Posted By TheBrokePilot:
same dimensions as what?
View Quote

Sorry, I meant to say an M110 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:

Damn you.
View Quote

Sorry.

Blackfood_7 - that's a good catch and thanks for the heads up!

I wonder where the hell they dug those up. Guess they found a bunch in the warehouse somewhere at Leupold or some distributor.
View Quote

Apparently Midway gets them from time to time. Contract overruns supposedly. I wish I had some extra loot to spend right now because I'd get one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:

Sorry.

Apparently Midway gets them from time to time. Contract overruns supposedly. I wish I had some extra loot to spend right now because I'd get one.
View Quote

I almost want to pick one up and sell the used one that I have.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Not a bad price at all. I don't need a 4th Mk4 but that would be killer for the Mod H.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#8]

FYI, unlike the commercial version these do have the correct M110 elevation knob marked "7.62M118 LR 20" BARREL", and "X 100 M" rather than yards. They are not GOV marked. The serial number has the AF suffix, so it was made in 2019.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Goofing around with a m110c carbine setup.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
Goofing around with a m110c carbine setup.

https://i.imgur.com/cQro1Ro.jpg
View Quote

Oh my.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I am toying with the idea of an M110 build since I have some spare cash from selling part of my HK collection. I want an M110 clone, however I am not concerned with it being 100% correct. My basic idea is to buy a SR25 PR, buy a M110 gas block, buy a URX rail and the m110 silencer and have it cerakoted. Would this get me to ~90% accuracy of a M110?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 545superiority:
I am toying with the idea of an M110 build since I have some spare cash from selling part of my HK collection. I want an M110 clone, however I am not concerned with it being 100% correct. My basic idea is to buy a SR25 PR, buy a M110 gas block, buy a URX rail and the m110 silencer and have it cerakoted. Would this get me to ~90% accuracy of a M110?
View Quote

The PR uses a Mod 2 Gas Block, not sure that would be replaceable with the Double Picatinny Gas Block.

PR would probably be a better M110A2
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#14]
View Quote
You'd have to turn down the gas block seat area on the barrel to get rid of the threads for the Mod 2 gas system before you can drill pin the M110 gas block. I don't know if that's possible/if there's enough material. There's also a notch in the barrel at 12 oclock rear of the gas block seat to time the Mod 2 gas block but that shouldn't affect function and is covered up by the rail for the most part. I'm waiting for the barrel to come back but I'm hoping the barrel is dimensionally the same otherwise. I'm basically trying to do the same thing you're doing and I'm stuck on the barrel (few people sell the right profile and none of them seem willing to sell one to me at this moment). I'm either going to mod the PR barrel or infer dimensions from it and turn a new one.

The profile needs to be within KAC spec gas block seat to muzzle otherwise the suppressor will not fit.

I'd say it'd be a 90% clone, you'll have everything except for the exact right barrel and a lower that reads M110. I'm kind of in the same boat I have a K1-ish (without all the Magpul stuff) and want to round it out with an M110-ish. I have no real interest in guns with post-URX3 KAC tubes. I do think the Mod2 gas system is superior in terms of serviceability but cloning is not about what is functionally better.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Slu54:

You'd have to turn down the gas block seat area on the barrel to get rid of the threads for the Mod 2 gas system before you can drill pin the M110 gas block. I don't know if that's possible/if there's enough material. There's also a notch in the barrel at 12 oclock rear of the gas block seat to time the Mod 2 gas block but that shouldn't affect function and is covered up by the rail for the most part. I'm waiting for the barrel to come back but I'm hoping the barrel is dimensionally the same otherwise. I'm basically trying to do the same thing you're doing and I'm stuck on the barrel (few people sell the right profile and none of them seem willing to sell one to me at this moment). I'm either going to mod the PR barrel or infer dimensions from it and turn a new one.

The profile needs to be within KAC spec gas block seat to muzzle otherwise the suppressor will not fit.

I'd say it'd be a 90% clone, you'll have everything except for the exact right barrel and a lower that reads M110. I'm kind of in the same boat I have a K1-ish (without all the Magpul stuff) and want to round it out with an M110-ish. I have no real interest in guns with post-URX3 KAC tubes. I do think the Mod2 gas system is superior in terms of serviceability but cloning is not about what is functionally better.
View Quote

Hmmm, I did not realize the current barrels were threaded. What are the best places to get a barrel? I would like to keep it all KAC, but if turning down the gas block will not be a viable option I may have to look somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#16]

Hmmm, I did not realize the current barrels were threaded. What are the best places to get a barrel? I would like to keep it all KAC, but if turning down the gas block will not be a viable option I may have to look somewhere else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ranier Arms makes one:
https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-mod2-20-m110-profile-1-10-twist-3-4x24-barrel-308/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#17]
View All Quotes
I got the stripped PR barrel back I'll take some measurements.

But based on cursory inspection the gas port on the PR is about 1.1" farther forward than on the ECR/M110 and the gas port is about 0.1" farther off the shoulder than on the ECR/M110 (so the shoulder is 1" farther forward on the PR than on an ECR/M110), so the odds of an easy conversion are basically none -- you'd have to reprofile and plug up a gas port and drill a new one.

Ranier Arms makes one:
https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-mod2-20-m110-profile-1-10-twist-3-4x24-barrel-308/
I'd buy one of they were in stock, it looks about right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:31:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackfoot_7] [#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#20]
View All Quotes
Appreciate the heads up, that makes things much easier for me.

ETA:
But based on cursory inspection the gas port on the PR is about 1.1" farther forward than on the ECR/M110 and the gas port is about 0.1" farther off the shoulder than on the ECR/M110 (so the shoulder is 1" farther forward on the PR than on an ECR/M110), so the odds of an easy conversion are basically none -- you'd have to reprofile and plug up a gas port and drill a new one.
Here's PR versus ECR/M110 (PR on top), so my earlier comments can be visualized.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]
MARSOC K1 CRS kit

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Fuck - that is cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Very cool. Related question: on the UID tags, for the "1P" line, "-M" indicates USMC gun right? "-R" for Army and "-N" for Navy?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Next level sex.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Smoke show
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Repeating question on M110 UID tags.

What goes on the UID tags, for the "1P" line of the UID tag for M110/M110K1, etc? Does "-M" indicates USMC? "-R" for Army and "-N" for Navy?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Repeating question on M110 UID tags.

What goes on the UID tags, for the "1P" line of the UID tag for M110/M110K1, etc? Does "-M" indicates USMC? "-R" for Army and "-N" for Navy?
View Quote

I don’t have anything to reference M110 UID tags, sorry chief
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I am in the infancy of building a M110 clone (I plan on using all KAC other than the barrel). So far all I have is a barrel and gas block. My question is, which why is more efficient in terms of building. Sourcing all of the parts individually and sending them to the builder, or buying a complete SR25, stripping off the unneeded parts and selling them and sending the stripped down rifle and M110 parts to the builder for assembly.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I am in the infancy of building a M110 clone (I plan on using all KAC other than the barrel). So far all I have is a barrel and gas block. My question is, which why is more efficient in terms of building. Sourcing all of the parts individually and sending them to the builder, or buying a complete SR25, stripping off the unneeded parts and selling them and sending the stripped down rifle and M110 parts to the builder for assembly.

View Quote

I'm in the process of building an M110K1 clone myself. I ended up buying a complete upper and lower. I bought a barrel from Nefarious Arms and sent him my gas block to get pinned, so the rifle is essentially just getting assembled instead of built whenever I drop it off for Cerakote. Looking around at previous sales and how infrequently stripped uppers appear, I believe it was more cost effective to buy complete and sell the unneeded parts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Lujohns68:
I'm in the process of building an M110K1 clone myself. I ended up buying a complete upper and lower. I bought a barrel from Nefarious Arms and sent him my gas block to get pinned, so the rifle is essentially just getting assembled instead of built whenever I drop it off for Cerakote. Looking around at previous sales and how infrequently stripped uppers appear, I believe it was more cost effective to buy complete and sell the unneeded parts.

Yeah, right now it's fastest is to buy a rifle or complete upper and lower, buy a Nefarious barrel, piece together the other parts, and send to builder. If you go with a clone barrel the hardest parts to find are the stripped upper, BCG, and stock - when they do come up they are priced even more ridiculous than all the other parts. I don't like the M110 stock so the upper and BCG is solved with a complete upper or gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, right now it's fastest is to buy a rifle or complete upper and lower, buy a Nefarious barrel, piece together the other parts, and send to builder. If you go with a clone barrel the hardest parts to find are the stripped upper, BCG, and stock - when they do come up they are priced even more ridiculous than all the other parts. I don't like the M110 stock so the upper and BCG is solved with a complete upper or gun.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Lujohns68:

A receiver from a new SR-25 upper wouldn't technically be to spec, right?

Isn't the ejection port longer on current SR-25s vs the M110 and K1 receivers?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:10:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#36]

View Quote

You're probably right about the M110 - someone more informed than me probably knows. But fortunately for me that's around the level of "clone-correctness" where I stop caring, same kinda thing where I wouldn't really worry about changing the SR-25 on the lower to read M110. Maybe you can just call it a Mk11 Mod 1 clone (maybe those had long dustcovers?) -- then you just need to get one of those front sight nuts.

I think K1 is ECC/ECR era? Those had the long dustcovers -- I'm looking at mine now it has a long one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Oh that's great ... oddly the lower rail on mine is not marked at all. I like the markings.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]

You're probably right about the M110 - someone more informed than me probably knows. But fortunately for me that's around the level of "clone-correctness" where I stop caring, same kinda thing where I wouldn't really worry about changing the SR-25 on the lower to read M110. Maybe you can just call it a Mk11 Mod 1 clone (maybe those had long dustcovers?) -- then you just need to get one of those front sight nuts.

I think K1 is ECC/ECR era? Those had the long dustcovers -- I'm looking at mine now it has a long one.
View All Quotes

Yeah I definitely wasn't knocking anything - my Mk11 Mod0 is on an LMT lower, so I'm far from clone correct myself.

Was just curious really as I've thought about doing an M110 build myself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Yeah I definitely wasn't knocking anything - my Mk11 Mod0 is on an LMT lower, so I'm far from clone correct myself.

View Quote

Spoke to KAC on this topic earlier today. As it was explained to me today that the M110 was in the recent past switched over to utilizing the same long ejection port as all the standard SR-25s and K series M110. I’m only speculating, but I can imagine this would streamline the production process.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:17:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#40]
Originally Posted By mra4523:

Spoke to KAC on this topic earlier today. As it was explained to me today that the M110 was in the recent past switched over to utilizing the same long ejection port as all the standard SR-25s and K series M110. I'm only speculating, but I can imagine this would streamline the production process.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mra4523:

Spoke to KAC on this topic earlier today. As it was explained to me today that the M110 was in the recent past switched over to utilizing the same long ejection port as all the standard SR-25s and K series M110. I'm only speculating, but I can imagine this would streamline the production process.

Interesting.

I think I always assumed the ejection port sizes were different given that I had always read KAC recommended the government make a large number of improvements (the larger ejection port being one of them) on the initial design, but that they refused.

Unless they finally came to their senses and now agreed to those improvements?

I'm referring specifically to the M110 - not the M110K models.

And yes - you're absolutely right about it streamlining the process, but I was still under the impression that the government didn't make any of the changes KAC said they should on the M110.

I hope that's true (that the upper receiver on the current commercial SR-25s are the same as the .mil M110s) for the clone nerd in me.

Perhaps @Jack_L can shed some light on this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Embittered] [#41]
Considering one the FDE Brownells SR-25 rifles came with an M110 marked upper receiver, I’d bet the ejection port is likely the same nowadays.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

https://i.imgur.com/pBjbDJi.jpg
View Quote

Like button.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Thread bump

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:
Thread bump

https://i.imgur.com/RVsO4rn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6gsOfVD.jpg
View Quote

Holeee fuck nuts....
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

https://i.imgur.com/pBjbDJi.jpg
View Quote

Love it!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Holeee fuck nuts....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Thread bump

Holeee fuck nuts....

Yep. An SR-25 upper collection that eclipses many gun collectors total collections.

Well done!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Thread bump

View Quote

Lemme borrow one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Waiting on tools and a spring pin to show up then I can finally get a correct barrel in. Once I tie up a couple more loose ends I can start hunting down a can.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#50]
I started a little backwards and decided to get all of the M110 specific stuff before I bought a SR25 so far I have

Marvin Pitts M110 profile barrel
URX 2 handguard
double railed gasblock

And I have on the way

Muzzle device
KAC adjustable stock

I think once those last two get in I will have all of the weird M110 specific parts (outside of the silencer obvisouly) and can start looking for a good donor SR25 rifle. I was surprised it only took a month or so to source these M110 specific parts.

Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top