BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k31user:
M24 is long as a hoe handle but really cuts down the bark from a .308 or .300 WM.
View Quote

with how I have the LOP set, the whole rig is 51.5" long
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I'm going to be making another batch of M24's and M4(Gordon) suppressors as soon as I
finish the batch of AEM5's I am working on.
RonA
View Quote
That's great news! I just sent you an email on a two year old chain
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. I'm going to be making another batch of M24's and M4(Gordon) suppressors as soon as I
RonA
View Quote

I will call the shop after the holiday. I hate to call because as in both my shops if I’m on the phone I’m not working so I understand the time phone calls take up. But my emails must not be getting through. I’d really like to put in an order for m24 cans for a batch of A2’s that were built. Thanks. Talk to you next week.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

I will call the shop after the holiday. I hate to call because as in both my shops if I’m on the phone I’m not working so I understand the time phone calls take up. But my emails must not be getting through. I’d really like to put in an order for m24 cans for a batch of A2’s that were built. Thanks. Talk to you next week.
View Quote

details on this?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shlouf:

details on this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shlouf:
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

I will call the shop after the holiday. I hate to call because as in both my shops if I'm on the phone I'm not working so I understand the time phone calls take up. But my emails must not be getting through. I'd really like to put in an order for m24 cans for a batch of A2's that were built. Thanks. Talk to you next week.

details on this?
Seriously! Can't just slide that in without pics or something
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
7.62 NATO marked BA. G636 action. There were 5-6 I believe.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bChau] [#8]
Here's mine, which is one from that batch that @Samson-Dogg mentioned. Still needs a few things before I call it done, but i'm loving it so far.

Luckily was able to snag an M24 (11/16x24) can from the most recent batch.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It may be a broomstick, but the M24A2 has to be the single best looking rifle issued by the US. Perfect mix of classic and modern there!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ehtacs:
It may be a broomstick, but the M24A2 has to be the single best looking rifle issued by the US. Perfect mix of classic and modern there!
View Quote

agreed. a suppressed a2 had been a grail item for me for a long time
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#11]
RonA
View Quote

All this m24 talk got googling and found this from an old GB auction…anyone’s in here?
Attachment Attached File

More pics
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

All this m24 talk got googling and found this from an old GB auction…anyone’s in here?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/0D387EC8-DE43-40C7-9736-2A45DCB508C4_jpe-2435864.JPG
View Quote

A member bought it, aye.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

A member bought it, aye.
View Quote

Just noticed it ended last week with no bids.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/0D387EC8-DE43-40C7-9736-2A45DCB508C4_jpe-2435864.JPG

More pics
View Quote

Looks like a Geno photo.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Just noticed it ended last week with no bids.
View Quote

And you won’t see it relisted.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

And you won’t see it relisted.
View Quote

I want it! I just happen to have an armalite lower, a kac ff ras and double pic gas block laying around waiting for a build….
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been looking through this thread for a few days, and there are just so many pages so I apologize in advance if this has been answered previously.

I love how these suppressors look. I was going for a Blood Diamond inspired build with my C7 upper that I have (just got my 10.5 barrel). Now I'm debating whether I want to do that, or add a suppressor instead. I know for the AEM5 it's a 12.5 barrel. What would my options be for a Ballistic Advantage Modern series 10.5 government profile barrel. I would ideally like to keep my A2 post if I can (even if I have to shave the bayo lugs a little).

I was looking at the adapters on the AE website, but I'm new to this idea and was getting lost easily.

Thanks again,

Lige
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LigeMitch:
I've been looking through this thread for a few days, and there are just so many pages so I apologize in advance if this has been answered previously.

I love how these suppressors look. I was going for a Blood Diamond inspired build with my C7 upper that I have (just got my 10.5 barrel). Now I'm debating whether I want to do that, or add a suppressor instead. I know for the AEM5 it's a 12.5 barrel. What would my options be for a Ballistic Advantage Modern series 10.5 government profile barrel. I would ideally like to keep my A2 post if I can (even if I have to shave the bayo lugs a little).

I was looking at the adapters on the AE website, but I'm new to this idea and was getting lost easily.

Thanks again,

Lige
View Quote

Welcome to the forums.

Your best bet would be to buy a longer carbine length barrel. Preferably longer than 12.5” if you can, but I believe shops like ADCO and D Wilson can make a 12.5” work for the correct profiling. ADCO profiled and built my NSW clone and did an awesome job. But that’s not your only option. There is a company that makes an adapter but I certainly won’t recommend them in this thread because of the owner’s attitude towards Ron. Seriously, even though this is an option, it’s best to get the longer barrel and have it done right. You’re playing with too many variables there especially with a Ballistic Advantage barrel. Nothing wrong with BA, but I wouldn’t trust the threads being concentric from the factory.

You can either keep the barrel you have and use it for a different upper or try and sell it on the Equipment Exchange on this site.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I've always liked the look of the M24 rifle. Would love to have one in 6.5x.284.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#20]
If im ordering an aem5 but don't have my spr barrel yet, do I need to wait for the barrel before ordering a brake and collar or are they going to be universal for spr barrels?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
If im ordering an aem5 but don't have my spr barrel yet, do I need to wait for the barrel before ordering a brake and collar or are they going to be universal for spr barrels?
View Quote

Do you know what barrel you want to go with? Not all are created equal in terms of holding to the specs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Do you know what barrel you want to go with? Not all are created equal in terms of holding to the specs.
View Quote

Currently looking at the white oak 16in spr barrel. They do claim its cut for brake and collar, but tolerances are a thing so im skeptical
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Currently looking at the white oak 16in spr barrel. They do claim its cut for brake and collar, but tolerances are a thing so im skeptical
View Quote

You should be good to go with a WOA. I’ve run one for years and it’s a tack driver. I know it’s on Adcos approved list as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I've always liked the look of the M24 rifle. Would love to have one in 6.5x.284.
View Quote

what's stopping you? plenty of stripped m24 receivers out in the wild right now
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:29:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#25]

You should be good to go with a WOA. I’ve run one for years and it’s a tack driver. I know it’s on Adcos approved list as well.
View Quote

I’m not super familiar with this.  So, if one buys a WOA SPR barrel is it as simple as installing the collar at a step and tightening the screw?  Then install muzzle device and you can run an AEM5?  No need to send it off for profiling?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

I’m not super familiar with this.  So, if one buys and WOA SPR barrel is it as simple as installing the collar at a step and tightening the screw?  Then install muzzle device and you can run an AEM5?  No need to send it off for profiling?
View Quote

Correct.

You shouldn't have any issues with a quality made SPR barrel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Good info. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Welcome to the forums.

Your best bet would be to buy a longer carbine length barrel. Preferably longer than 12.5” if you can, but I believe shops like ADCO and D Wilson can make a 12.5” work for the correct profiling. ADCO profiled and built my NSW clone and did an awesome job. But that’s not your only option. There is a company that makes an adapter but I certainly won’t recommend them in this thread because of the owner’s attitude towards Ron. Seriously, even though this is an option, it’s best to get the longer barrel and have it done right. You’re playing with too many variables there especially with a Ballistic Advantage barrel. Nothing wrong with BA, but I wouldn’t trust the threads being concentric from the factory.

You can either keep the barrel you have and use it for a different upper or try and sell it on the Equipment Exchange on this site.
View Quote

Are there any methods or adapters to use something like the AEM4 or M3?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

Welcome to the forums.

View Quote

BA barrels are fine. They have the step needed as well. Just need a custom collar from Ron. Ran a 12.5 barrel from BA for good while before I sold the setup.

And I agree about staying away from Otter Creek. No one knows how long his knock off will hold up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]

I’m not super familiar with this.  So, if one buys a WOA SPR barrel is it as simple as installing the collar at a step and tightening the screw?  Then install muzzle device and you can run an AEM5?  No need to send it off for profiling?
View Quote

Haven’t seen a barrel profile to exact specs from them. But they still are within tolerance. If it doesn’t work out to get enough turns, a custom collar is $40.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Saw a Gordon collar on gunbroker for $500. I have 50-60 of them in inventory for about 25% of that price. Some of the dealers advertising AEM5's for 1500 are going to be surprised
when they try to order from me again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw a Gordon collar on gunbroker for $500. I have 50-60 of them in inventory for about 25% of that price. Some of the dealers advertising AEM5's for 1500 are going to be surprised
View Quote

As it should be.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Captain92:

As it should be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Captain92:

As it should be.

You’re retiring. Raise the price $100
But yourself a boat
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Good for you Ron.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Glad to hear it! I had seen some of the pricing and thought there was no way! Still in my research phase and it’s so hard to find info because of all the knock offs. (Imitation is the best form of flattery they say, right?)
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptainMagma] [#38]
Got an email from DSG saying my 17 month old backorder for an AEM5 is available and ready for shipment. Gonna cancel it in case anyone is looking for one. Picked one up last Thanksgiving and I don’t want to start hoarding them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Let’s talk non traditional hosts. Anyone have some budget (Ruger American) bolt guns that can mic the barrel and see if it’s thick enough to profile instead of adding a collar?
Not trying to be like @outrider with a custom 223 bolt gun toy

Ron: is there a specific minimum barrel diameter you’d recommend?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Let’s talk non traditional hosts. Anyone have some budget (Ruger American) bolt guns that can mic the barrel and see if it’s thick enough to profile instead of adding a collar?

View Quote

0.92 according to http://www.aesuppressors.com/images/2230detail.jpg
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I’m wrapping up a .300 BLK American Ranch SBR right now to run the AEM5-30
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK3110:

So no, no way a factory barrel is 0.92 at any place
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#43]

I’m wrapping up a .300 BLK American Ranch SBR right now to run the AEM5-30
View Quote

With a collar I presume…?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Yes.
View All Quotes

Yes.

Damnit
Sounds sweet though
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TIML:

Build details?
View Quote

12.65” medium ff ras, spikes tapered gas block and aem3
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone know the length of that gordon can?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I happen to have a Ruger American in 5.56, 308, and 300 blk.  Which one are you interested in and I need to know where to take the measurement at.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Stolen from page 61.  I think it’s next to an AEM5.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Stolen from page 61.  I think it’s next to an AEM5.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/AC603FB5-B7A2-46C3-8546-8528D370E694-2442795.jpg
View All Quotes

Stolen from page 61.  I think it’s next to an AEM5.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/AC603FB5-B7A2-46C3-8546-8528D370E694-2442795.jpg

9.75"
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top