Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anybody have a measurement for the height of the laser (Perst-4) from the rail(offset?)? I’m wanting to see if I’ll have clearance issues with my white light pressure pad.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol - delivered today!

I have to say - highly impressed with the performance - was just out playing with it in the backyard with the nods... the IR needs to get dialed way back
View Quote

You win!  Cool beans! Thanks for your initial performance impression.

Mine is in customs. I can't wait to go out and play with mine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How are you tracking these?
I ordered mine March 27th
Russian tracking shows it cleared Russian customs
on April 2, but no updates since then.
View Quote

enter the eBay tracking number in the USPS Tracking site
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

enter the eBay tracking number in the USPS Tracking site
View Quote

Yep, been doing that.

USPS says:
“Origin Post is Preparing Shipment”

This was the last update:

April 2, 2020
3:52 pm
Processed through facility,
MOSKVA PCI-21, RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Is this what what you guys have seen? No further info and then it arrives in New York after a while?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, been doing that.

USPS says:

April 2, 2020

Is this what what you guys have seen? No further info and then it arrives in New York after a while?
View Quote

Mine said:
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2020 5:16 AMMOSKVA PCI-8 EMSProcessed Through Facility
Tuesday, Apr 14, 2020 2:50 AM  MOSKVA PCI 7Processed Through Facility
Wednesday, Apr 15, 2020 10:01 AMISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)Processed Through Facility

Now mine says "Handed over to US Customs"
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, been doing that.

USPS says:
"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

April 2, 2020

View Quote
Mine showed there for quite a long time, then New York, then here in Arizona the next day.

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anybody have a measurement for the height of the laser (Perst-4) from the rail(offset?)? I'm wanting to see if I'll have clearance issues with my white light pressure pad.
View Quote
The lens where the Vis laser comes out is ~0.3" above the rail.  That appears to be the lowest of the lenses.
It's ~0.6" to the side as measured from the center of the top rail.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what i see also; mine has read “Origin Post is Preparing Shipment” since 3/21 and nothing since.

Quoted:

Yep, been doing that.

USPS says:

April 2, 2020

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is what i see also; mine has read "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" since 3/21 and nothing since.

View Quote
Use both USPS tracking and the other site that was posted earlier.
They show different things and I noticed on mine, there was some time lag between them, where one updated sooner than the other.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone use a PERST-4 and Streamlight HLX? If so, is there room to mount the HLX on the right side with an Arisaka offset mount and the PERST-4 at 12 o clock?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
They will fit in those positions but that may not be the best mount with that light.  See discussion on page 32 of this thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They will fit in those positions but that may not be the best mount with that light.  See discussion on page 32 of this thread.
View Quote

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I typed out offset, but I meant side mount. I'll just wait and see in 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#13]
That's why I went with the new M640 pro series.  You can adjust the mount to any angle required, to get as close to LAM as possible, whatever that may be.  Pricey but the ultimate solution to that problem.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
The Desert Tan PERST-3's do exist. An Alpha Group AK on the wall at Zenitco, Russia:

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice.  I plan on having a couple myself.  Well actually "Magpul tan" of the DIY variety.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#16]
That's pretty sic.

Love the tan.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone selling the new PERST4 in usa?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah check with Black Phase Tactical.  He has the new green + plus -4's and -3's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I emailed, but the website says 3 + weeks shipping from russia.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone have experience taking a perst 4 apart?  The IR-off-green selector came off.  It looks like it is a screw that goes into the selector from inside the body but its tough to tell for sure.  If its an easy fix, i would like to just fix it vs sending it back to Zenitco and having to wait and it possibly getting stuck in the mail somewhere along the way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#21]
How long did you have it before it popped off? That's been one of my concerns with these is the knob. Won't lie I've yet to field mine thoroughly and for now it just sits in the case and I occasionally play with it, but I also baby the hell out of it when I go to turn it on being all extra careful and then putting it away.

On a side note has anyone seen this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEWEST-Pointer-Target-Designator-Perst-4P-Green-PLUS-Dual-IR-Laser-Mega-Gen-2/233528978710?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D5aacbb10c93d4c88a02501a8fbdd9859%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D233025742208%26itm%3D233528978710%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I have had ita few months and used it a handful of times.  I have shot with it on 2-3 times and have switched between modes maybe 50-100 times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#23]
What's the battery life on a Perst 4?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess some units or some individuals are probably more rough than others.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience yet with that one I linked to on ebay. Looks rather nice, slim an low profile. Says completely brand new which might explain the lack of Google images to see how it looks other than with the provided side view.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone have experience taking a perst 4 apart?  The IR-off-green selector came off.  It looks like it is a screw that goes into the selector from inside the body but its tough to tell for sure.  If its an easy fix, i would like to just fix it vs sending it back to Zenitco and having to wait and it possibly getting stuck in the mail somewhere along the way.
View Quote
oh god, I just ordered one, might cancel. $500 for a laser that falls apart?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even the $2700 MAWL can and has had issues. They're all man made..
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Eh.

Washington state may feel like a whole different country sometimes, but it's sure closer than Russia.

::shrug::

~Augee
View Quote

For sure.

Weapon Outfitters shipping makes it feel close than it is for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Even the $2700 MAWL can and has had issues. They're all man made..
View Quote
for its intended use and for its price it REALLY shouldnt. almost 3K for a light and laser and it doesnt even have QC?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oooooooh pics pics when it arrives pretty please....and of the laser. I'm wondering just HOW much more powerful the vis is in comparison to the 2nd gen perst4 where the battery now screws in from the front (I'm sure what most of us in here have) as well as the body itself. It just looks even MORE compact and.......detachable rear/plug??? Based off the pic.....

*googlefu is failing me trying to find more info on this NEW NEW perst4*

*UPDATE: I'm stupid as I realize the P stands for Pistol...but seeing as how it is NEWER, still curious how it would perform in comparison to the peq'y perst4 a lot of us have and performance on a rifle vs say a pistol or even a sub gun. Compact and powerful, I can see this definitely on a PDW platform*
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
for its intended use and for its price it REALLY shouldnt. almost 3K for a light and laser and it doesnt even have QC?
View Quote

I'm sure most don't. I'm just saying ALL man made stuff can fail. Nothing has a 100% track record.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I see the new gen 2 Perst 3 listed on eBay. Looks nice. Hopefully they post better pictures.

I also noticed the shipping on all Zenitco items is now $37
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 2:46:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I guess some units or some individuals are probably more rough than others.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience yet with that one I linked to on ebay. Looks rather nice, slim an low profile. Says completely brand new which might explain the lack of Google images to see how it looks other than with the provided side view.
View Quote

That switch it has it interesting. Two crossbody safeties. One is labeled with Bxxx and that's off/on but the other is 0 / 'and'per google translate. I'm guessing it's a low/high power selector. I like that a lot vs the setup with a knob
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the first loose knob in this thread. Sucks for sure, and yes, repair is a PITA - comes with saving $1500. TX-Zen is probably the heaviest user - owns multiple, and hunts the crap out of hogs, in all weather with them, he can list his problems.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone have experience with the Klesh or Klesh mini?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I originally had the Klesh-2 and Perst-4. The Klesh-2 seemed pretty robust with the exception of the little connector on the back but the klesh-2 comes with an extension mount that puts the light further forward and it also snaps onto the connector/cable and beefs it up to keep it from being broken. It is heavy though. The buttons on the side to switch between IR and Vis white light are pretty stiff. It’s like a cross-block safety style selector. The output is awesome. Very bright and nice combination of focused beam for medium range and spill for close range without whiting out the target too much. I ditched it and went with an Arisaka M600 because I wanted to save some weight. I don’t like the Arisaka quite as much as far as the light performance but it’s way slimmer and much lighter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got my Perst-3 in the mail. I ordered the last Gen-1 style from Ivan Tactical for a great price. I didn’t go for the green+ because I could snag the red visible laser option Gen-1 for under $800 and I only use the visible laser for zeroing the IR. So far I have to say the Gen-1 plug is WAY better than Gen-2. Idk why they switched. The Gen-1 is lower profile and way more robust.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think this is her best video yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuTGtlceC4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New PERST-3 vid from Anastasia on the English YouTube channel too.
I think this is her best video yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuTGtlceC4

If shes not married I have her green card stuck to my fridge.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#39]
To all who have a Perst, I'm thinking about ordering one up. I don't really want the remote switch, trying to keep my rifle as light and low profile as possible. Is this a good move? How do the buttons on the actual unit feel, decent like they'll last?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To all who have a Perst, I'm thinking about ordering one up. I don't really want the remote switch, trying to keep my rifle as light and low profile as possible. Is this a good move? How do the buttons on the actual unit feel, decent like they'll last?
View Quote

I mostly use the switch but the fire buttons feel good and are well made. I like them better than the Dbal i2 lasers which are a pain for a lefty.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I mostly use the switch but the fire buttons feel good and are well made. I like them better than the Dbal i2 lasers which are a pain for a lefty.
View Quote

Same here, I love the "Rheostat" dial. Agree, buttons seem good, but I only have the Holosun to compare to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm sold. I got the Perst-3 green+ . Thanks for the .....uh....encouragement.

It's gonna look great running it on that Thordsen stock......
View Quote

I feel ya
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same here, I love the "Rheostat" dial. Agree, buttons seem good, but I only have the Holosun to compare to.
View Quote

The whole switch design is ingenious IMO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The whole switch design is ingenious IMO.
View Quote

And the SAFETY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still looking for reviews of the "Klesh mini 2KS-IK+laser," a 150 lumens (at 1 W) LED illuminator and a 850 nm (IR) 3mW laser.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Just put a feeler out to the railscales folks. I'm hoping they will bite and take on making a version of the LEAF for the PERST 3.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone know if a 45 degree offset rmr mount will clear a perts 4? Never had a 45 mount and am thinking about throwing my acog on my sbr as well as my rmr.

Current setup is perst at 12 o clock on the end of a mk8 9.5.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just put a feeler out to the railscales folks. I'm hoping they will bite and take on making a version of the LEAF for the PERST 3.

View Quote

They could, just flare the back to pick up the battery door screws.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone know if a 45 degree offset rmr mount will clear a perts 4? Never had a 45 mount and am thinking about throwing my acog on my sbr as well as my rmr.

Current setup is perst at 12 o clock on the end of a mk8 9.5.
View Quote

If this helps:

I have a Holosun 407c on a UTG 45 Degree RMR Mount, and it clears the PERST-3. The tallest "thing" when canted 45 Degrees, is the PERST Windage Adjuster Cover, and there is about 0.5mm of it visible at the bottom - so basically a 100% clear Holosun window. I have my light at 3 O'clock, so it doesn't come into play. On another, I have a light with a 40mm head at 1 O'clock-ish, and that 407c also clears that, 99.x% - you barely see the light head at the bottom, plenty of room.

But all bets are off with any other mount, I only have the UTG Pro's.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't remember seeing these in the thread, so thought I'd share. Offset measurements for Perst-3 on an ALG V3 rail:
0.725" left of bore (looking back at shooter from target)
1.735" over bore

These are approximate and measured via caliper to roughly a midpoint between the IR and Vis laser. I plan on using these when creating targets to properly offset my zero.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top