Site Notices
Page / 161
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CT-Shooter:
can anybody give me some pro's/cons of the AVS vs the CPC by Crye? I'm contemplating giving one of the two a try.
thanks.
View Quote

Think of the JPC and CPC as two polar opposite ends of the spectrum. The former intended to be a minimalistic and low profile option compared to the full blown feature set and focus on user comfort of the later. The AVS then is the bridge between them. It's a modular suite of components that can be configured to match either of these roles and every point in-between them. That "adaptive" capability coupled with the current and future potential user base of this system would suggest to me that the AVS product line will be supported and continue to recieve new expansions for quite some time to come. However, that is not to say the CPC and JPC both do not have their place. One could argue that each perform their intended task better than a similarly configured AVS. Those opinions are subjective and remain for the individual to conclude which best fits their needs. The only thing certain is that neither dedicated platform can offer you the flexibility that the AVS will provide.

[pic thread]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Finished setup.....

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Have you tried walking/running for any appreciable distance with that holster like that? Looks like mega chafe city.

Oh yeah: I'm gonna unleash the Serpa hate. Read up on the failures of the Serpa holster and rethink if you really want that around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lew:

Have you tried walking/running for any appreciable distance with that holster like that? Looks like mega chafe city.

Oh yeah: I'm gonna unleash the Serpa hate. Read up on the failures of the Serpa holster and rethink if you really want that around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have, I'm running it high and tight. I have very little movement with the 1911. I understand the related failures with the Serpa. What holster would you recommend with this setup?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reaperatm] [#6]
Originally Posted By Echo574:

I have, I'm running it high and tight. I have very little movement with the 1911. I understand the related failures with the Serpa. What holster would you recommend with this setup?
View All Quotes

Safariland Dog Leg drop, 6038 IIRC, the thumb drive model.  It offers plenty of clearance and rides on the belt.  I'll snap a pic of mine tomorrow when I'm more sober

I hate shit on my legs (and ruins the use of carbo pockets) and when riding in a vehicle it stucks even more
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I believe the G-Code RTI works with that platform, attach it and enjoy different type of holsters, Safariland, G-Code, Etc..
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott-S6] [#9]
Originally Posted By mikelowrey:

I believe the G-Code RTI works with that platform, attach it and enjoy different type of holsters, Safariland, G-Code, Etc..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mikelowrey:

The Serpa platform is the only drop leg platform that I can tolerate for extended wear. It's actually really stable and comfortable even for 12hour+ stretches. I'll still use an extended belt mount in preference to the drop platform unless I just can't clear the gear I need to carry any other way.

The RTI kit lets you use it with a whole bunch of holster brands.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LS6TT:

Specs on how you mounted the peltors to the helmet? I running 6s and I may do that down the road.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By richmyster:
[url=http://i.imgur.com/IwmXw6nh.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/IwmXw6nh.jpgurl]

Specs on how you mounted the peltors to the helmet? I running 6s and I may do that down the road.

They're specifically made for the team Wendy helmet by team Wendy if I remember correctly, for peltors.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]

They're specifically made for the team Wendy helmet by team Wendy if I remember correctly, for peltors.
View All Quotes
[url=http://i.imgur.com/IwmXw6nh.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/IwmXw6nh.jpgurl]

Thank you sir, I'll check team Wendy's site out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
Here you go Augee.

http://s24.postimg.org/tkaz3gsqd/IMG_8522.jpg
View Quote

What is that?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

What is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
Here you go Augee.

http://s24.postimg.org/tkaz3gsqd/IMG_8522.jpg

What is that?

Ferro Concepts Slickster.

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:

Think of the JPC and CPC as two polar opposite ends of the spectrum. The former intended to be a minimalistic and low profile option compared to the full blown feature set and focus on user comfort of the later. The AVS then is the bridge between them. It's a modular suite of components that can be configured to match either of these roles and every point in-between them. That "adaptive" capability coupled with the current and future potential user base of this system would suggest to me that the AVS product line will be supported and continue to recieve new expansions for quite some time to come. However, that is not to say the CPC and JPC both do not have their place. One could argue that each perform their intended task better than a similarly configured AVS. Those opinions are subjective and remain for the individual to conclude which best fits their needs. The only thing certain is that neither dedicated platform can offer you the flexibility that the AVS will provide.

[pic thread]
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/566/20329496090_0c7b48956b_o.jpg
View All Quotes
can anybody give me some pro's/cons of the AVS vs the CPC by Crye? I'm contemplating giving one of the two a try.
thanks.

[pic thread]

Damn, great loadout!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Why not post it here, too

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/11in.jpg
View Quote

Needs more patches.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
[potato pic]

BFG Plateminus
Crye JPC

Untitled12 by j c., on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ATarmor:

Brad how much does your rig weigh as pictured?
View All Quotes

[url=http://i290.photobucket]

I'd say over 25 pounds. My banshee with 10x12 ceramics,4 mags and an IFAK is around 21/22. Not sure what else he has in the pouches...
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

What all do you run in your admin pouches? Anything on your back other than just the water bladder?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#21]

View All Quotes

A fuck ton.

I could get on the scale tonight.

It's built as a heavy, bug in type rig.
level 4 lightweight triple curve plates from BPM
Admin pouch on the chest is a spare streamlight, spare batteries, protactor and compass, pens, chem lights, etc
Admin pouch at my 2 oclock is survival type stuff.
Other pouch up high on the chest is empty but for a GPS (iphone 4 fits as well in an otterbox)
On my back is a 2L bladder
Hidden behind the IFAK is an empty pouch in case I every take the suppressor off.

Originally Posted By jd0509:

What all do you run in your admin pouches? Anything on your back other than just the water bladder?

Another TQ and then clips to attach an assault pack

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#22]

[pic thread]
View All Quotes
thanks.

[pic thread]

I know this is a plate carrier thread but...what shirt is this???
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:

Thanks in advance.
View All Quotes
thanks.

[pic thread]

Thanks in advance.

Looks like an Arcteryx Chimera
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By night9:

View All Quotes
Thanks in advance.

It is indeed a Chimera. Awesome username by the way.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Mayflower APC, plates are coming.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#26]

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/320/19166919096_5ef738590e_o.jpg
View All Quotes
Thanks in advance.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/320/19166919096_5ef738590e_o.jpg

Looks like an airsofter given how clean everything is
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cone256:
View Quote

Seal Team 9 only uses the freshest, cleanest gear, with a slight hint of febreze for that pleasant feel when operating operationally and stuntin' on those wearing ragged hand-me-downs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Seal Team 9 only uses the freshest, cleanest gear, with a slight hint of febreze for that pleasant feel when operating operationally and stuntin' on those wearing ragged hand-me-downs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

Yeah see I'm not tactical or operator enough to know that.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]

I posted this once before. I changed some stuff around since then.

Tyr Pico w/ Point Blank plates (from Tyr).

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Just got a JPC today
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
How do you like the Pico?

Originally Posted By Truegrave:

<a href="http://s177.photobucket.com/user/innocentdevil1/media/ARFCOM/35BE95EE-B3C3-4B93-B939-78D9C3EAF284_zps5bed7tum.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/ARFCOM/35BE95EE-B3C3-4B93-B939-78D9C3EAF284_zps5bed7tum.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s177.photobucket.com/user/innocentdevil1/media/ARFCOM/9FB1E983-FBE6-4155-8A98-94642D94F8C8_zpsffzcoqbu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/ARFCOM/9FB1E983-FBE6-4155-8A98-94642D94F8C8_zpsffzcoqbu.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Jesus that's a pig sticker. Doesn't get in the way? Love the setup.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
It's doesn't get in the way during movement. I can see that it would cause problems with weak side shooting though. I'll have to find another place for it; maybe I'll take it off completely.

Good catch by the way. I haven't practiced weak side shooting with this setup yet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Reaperatm:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Reaperatm:

<a href="http://s177.photobucket.com/user/innocentdevil1/media/ARFCOM/35BE95EE-B3C3-4B93-B939-78D9C3EAF284_zps5bed7tum.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/ARFCOM/35BE95EE-B3C3-4B93-B939-78D9C3EAF284_zps5bed7tum.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s177.photobucket.com/user/innocentdevil1/media/ARFCOM/9FB1E983-FBE6-4155-8A98-94642D94F8C8_zpsffzcoqbu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/ARFCOM/9FB1E983-FBE6-4155-8A98-94642D94F8C8_zpsffzcoqbu.jpg</a>

I don't have much to compare it to. It is my only PC. The only other armor I have is my Army IBA. The Pico is lighter and cooler than the IBA.

-The Pico in general is good quality. All of the stitching is top notch (and there is a lot of it!)

-One of the things that sold me on it over other carriers was the mesh lining and vented padding. I didn't see that on very many other carriers.

-The PC is very scalable. You can add soft armor attachments (shoulder, arms, stomach) and additional features (QR ripcord, different cummerbund, and Tyr's X-frame system) without buying another PC.

-They use a proprietary nylon which is supposed to be very abrasion resistant. Time will tell.

-Both my Army SAPI and civilian SAPI plates fit in the pockets with zero slop.

The cons:

-The soft armor is sewn into the carrier, so there is no option to upgrade or change it out. (I got the lv2, IOTV spec, but maybe I should have dropped the extra coin for the lv 3A.)

-The X-frame system is a PITA to install and doesn't like to hold its adjustment after I move around for a bit.

If I were to do it again, I would start with the PICO Pro. I ended up buying most of the accessories after the fact, and could have saved a little bit of money.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Stick it on the belt behind the dump pouch. That would be a good spot for it and still reachable, if you want to carry it always of course.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:18:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#36]

View Quote

Thats not a "Pig Sticker" thats an out-right Sword!

And no this is not me...... I have cut myself with every knife I have ever owned. I tend to keep mine small.
cp
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Obviously not including the rifle, 23.0# - no water, 3 loaded rifle mags, no assault pack
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Shellback Banshee (Ranger Green)
HSGI Pouches (A-TACS FG)
HSGI Shoulder Pads (OD Green)
Warrior Assault Systems Admin Pouch (Ranger Green)
Warrior Assault Systems Mag pouch (Ranger Green)
TAG Multi Tool Pouch (Ranger Green)
TAG Hydration Carrier (Ranger Green)
MSM Small Patch Pouch (Ranger Green)
Level III-A Soft Armor Inserts
Level III-A Cummerbund Inserts

Ares Armor Aspis Plate Carrier (A-TACS FG)
HSGI Mag Pouches (A-TACS FG)
Warrior Assault Systems Admin Pouch (A-TACS FG)
Warrior Assault Systems Mag Pouch (A-TACS FG)
Warrior Assault Systems Multi Tool Pouch (A-TACS FG)
Ares Armor Hydration Carrier (A-TACS FG)
Source Hydration Bladder
Ares Armor Shoulder Pads (A-TACS FG)
Level III-A Soft Armor Inserts
Velocity Systems Level III-A Cummerbund Inserts
TYR Closeout Level IV Stand Alone Small ESAPI Plates

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arson8Ball] [#39]
After some time running my set up, I've finalized on this one:
</a>" />
</a>" />

Crye JPC, Lvl IV plates, Leatherman MUT, Tactical Tailor Fight Light mag pouch, Tactical Tailor magnetic pistol mag pouch, TQ Holders

Crye MRB, Tactical Tailor double magnetic pistol pouch, Esstac mag pouch, Mayflower IFAK, Safariland QLS  leg rig w/ M45 holster

Setup works great for two gun shooting so far, comfortable, light and easy to use.

Eta: I'm not active duty any more but I wear my ID patch anyway.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Arson8Ball:
http://<a href=http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag312/Arson8Ball/PC_zpsdkzp2nr1.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag312/Arson8Ball/image2_zpsrk7hbubq.jpg</a>" />

Crye JPC, Lvl IV plates, Leatherman MUT, Tactical Tailor Fight Light mag pouch, Tactical Tailor magnetic pistol mag pouch, TQ Holders

Crye MRB, Tactical Tailor double magnetic pistol pouch, Esstac mag pouch, Mayflower IFAK, Safariland QLS  leg rig w/ M45 holster

Setup works great for two gun shooting so far, comfortable, light and easy to use.

View Quote

Mystery Ranch Ifak ended up being too bulky?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#41]
http://<a href=http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag312/Arson8Ball/PC_zpsdkzp2nr1.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag312/Arson8Ball/image2_zpsrk7hbubq.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

Thats almost like my setup, I'm running HSGI pouches tho and running the PC clean until I get an IFAK setup.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaston4:

It wasn't that it was too bulky, I just wanted to set up a belt to carry my pistol and I figured I might as well throw my IFAK on there as well to keep my draw clear. If I were to keep my IFAK on my PC I'd still go with the Mystery Ranch one!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Thats almost like my setup, I'm running HSGI pouches tho and running the PC clean until I get an IFAK setup.
View All Quotes

Id recommend giving the belt mounted one a shot if you have a belt already! I had to use my IFAK back in May for real and I ditched my carrier so I could switch off carrying someone out of a canyon, it was nice to be able to retain med gear while doing so. Which IFAK are you looking t?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Id recommend giving the belt mounted one a shot if you have a belt already! I had to use my IFAK back in May for real and I ditched my carrier so I could switch off carrying someone out of a canyon, it was nice to be able to retain med gear while doing so. Which IFAK are you looking t?
View All Quotes

I figured everything else is HSGI why not the IFAK, and most likely it would be on my belt since I always where it when I'm doing drills.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#45]

I figured everything else is HSGI why not the IFAK, and most likely it would be on my belt since I always where it when I'm doing drills.
View All Quotes

That doesn't look like a bad piece of gear, Id mount any extra stuff on my PC besides the blow out kit! Also look at ATS's mag pouch insert for a med kit for the PC or anything of similar size.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: haligen] [#46]
Guess I'll add my little bit of kit to the thread.
Rbav-SF pc
TT admin pouch
esstac combo pouch
LB double double mag
ATS ifak tear away
TT dump pouch
Esapi plates
emdom gps pouch

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Not my rig, but found it some time ago. Haven't been able to find any details about the vest or pouches, only thing I can pick out is a Chinook IFAK on the hydration carrier and what I assume are knock-off STUFFIT pouches for the grenade and Baofeng UV-5R.

Any ideas what the rest are?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Renegade3745:
Not my rig, but found it some time ago. Haven't been able to find any details about the vest or pouches, only thing I can pick out is a Chinook IFAK on the hydration carrier and what I assume are knock-off STUFFIT pouches for the grenade and Baofeng UV-5R.

Any ideas what the rest are?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Renegade3745/media/1556289_503520633084184_7941093059373938386_o_zpsdpojtdbl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Renegade3745/1556289_503520633084184_7941093059373938386_o_zpsdpojtdbl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Renegade3745/media/10371328_503520639750850_8478726669969887672_o_zpsqardnqek.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Renegade3745/10371328_503520639750850_8478726669969887672_o_zpsqardnqek.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Renegade3745/media/10603730_503034046466176_3377347762704654269_n_zpsbvpdlw1v.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Renegade3745/10603730_503034046466176_3377347762704654269_n_zpsbvpdlw1v.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Renegade3745/media/10711100_502889769813937_2073577754596606217_n_zpsp1scxlbe.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Renegade3745/10711100_502889769813937_2073577754596606217_n_zpsp1scxlbe.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Renegade3745/media/10440091_502889766480604_1481572245067534000_n_zps9qplpd2r.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Renegade3745/10440091_502889766480604_1481572245067534000_n_zps9qplpd2r.jpg</a>

View Quote

Looks like some Russian shit to me
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Those small Stuff It pouches look cool.  Would be nice to find some of those.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ridewaves] [#50]
Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top