BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 161
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dj1975232:
Finally got my mess sorted out and initially started out with Spiritus Mk4 on a Slickster.  I still have the MK4 an use it but I threw an Esstac Daedon Front panel.  Much more low profile and I feel like I just kept adding junk to the MK4.  I still use it but it's too much for a slick carrier IMO.  Loving the Slickster though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403917/Loadout001_jpg-1230374.JPG
View Quote
How do you have your gloves attached to your belt?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I need one of these. Shits overwhelming. Esstac looks simple enough, but there's a lot of brands and options. What's the practical difference, is there a breakdown comparing all the major designs right now?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:57:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dj1975232] [#3]
Originally Posted By vjf915:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Finally got my mess sorted out and initially started out with Spiritus Mk4 on a Slickster.  I still have the MK4 an use it but I threw an Esstac Daedon Front panel.  Much more low profile and I feel like I just kept adding junk to the MK4.  I still use it but it's too much for a slick carrier IMO.  Loving the Slickster though.

httpswww.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403917/Loadout001_jpg-1230374.JPG
@vjf915  Here is a link to the HK clip.  Originally I used a nylon Blackhawk belt keeper and a S-Biner.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
Needs to be hit with the weedeater.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
Needs to be hit with the weedeater.  
All my tier one high speed deep woods sniping and operating leaves no time for weeding
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]

@vjf915  Here is a link to the HK clip.  Originally I used a nylon Blackhawk belt keeper and a S-Biner.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/403917/Hangar001_jpg-1230658.JPG
View Quote
Ordered. Thank you, I have been looking for something like this for a while.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Heineken:

I have been going back and forth...could keep the flatpack or hydro on it amd when want to run covert just swap to slick back...no jeed to undo molle etc.

I also rigged up a quick doff strap for the shoulder...did some testing it works perfect.  Just fold the shoulder strap on the inside so the end is coming back out (but still in the carrier)...added a nylon strap that runs flat under the shoulder pads with a D ring or similar on the end to grab.  A quick hard jerk peels the shoulder stap out and peels away from the velcro releasing the entire shoulder strap from rear plate.   It works similar to on the jpc2. I can get the entire set up off in seconds with a helmet on.  debating on doing a perminant mod or not, which would just be a tappered end with a loop so i could add remove the strap as nessissary.  Ferro could just make them that way for no addiction cost and sell a "quick doff kit" with a strap and - ring... i should call and tell them
View Quote
I’d like to see a couple of large Velcro panels on the back of the Slickster, coupled with strips of Velcro MOLLE webbing on the back of the Flatpack.

That would be the quickest on/off method if it was engineered to manage the weight of the contents without peeling off during movement.

Maybe add Velcro tabs at the top and sides to help anchor the pack but still keep the quick detach feature.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

I’d like to see a couple of large Velcro panels on the back of the Slickster, coupled with strips of Velcro MOLLE webbing on the back of the Flatpack.

That would be the quickest on/off method if it was engineered to manage the weight of the contents without peeling off during movement.

Maybe add Velcro tabs at the top and sides to help anchor the pack but still keep the quick detach feature.
View Quote
Do you mean like their Molle rear plate pocket but all loop?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Do you mean like their Molle rear plate pocket but all loop?
View Quote
Yes, or strategically placed MOLLE loop panels situated to hold up the flatpack when loaded.

Not sure how it would work, but it’d be quicker than threading/unthreading the MOLLE when you wanted to downgrade the carrier back to slick configuration.

I would add Velcro MOLLE webbing to the back of the flatpack so you could go either way - thread it onto a MOLLE rig or stick in on the Velcro panel, depending on which type of carrier you have to work with.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Ferro is coming out with zip on back panels as well as an accessory mounting system for the slickster MOLLE back panel
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sold on the zipper back panels as you need someone to access or remove the carrier. Does anyone have experience with this?
FirstSpear VEP, Vertical Envelopment Pack
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lead-slinger:
I'm not sold on the zipper back panels as you need someone to access or remove the carrier.
View Quote
Keep in mind that Shoot-and-Get-Shot-At isn't really meant to be a single-player game.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
They're not meant to store immediate-action stuff.  When you're doing a day-long foot patrol and the weather is unpredictable, you use them to stuff ponchos, lickies and chewies, and other assorted crap you might need for an 8-12 hour day outside the wire so that it doesn't get in your way in the off chance you make contact that day.

It starts raining and your battle buddy can grab your poncho while you wait.  When you've secured an area or maybe conducting an LP/OP and you've got a minute to remove the PC and grab a quick snack.  There's a hundreds reasons why having lightweight, organized storage on your back, close to your body, is a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ChrisM516:
They're not meant to store immediate-action stuff.  When you're doing a day-long foot patrol and the weather is unpredictable, you use them to stuff ponchos, lickies and chewies, and other assorted crap you might need for an 8-12 hour day outside the wire so that it doesn't get in your way in the off chance you make contact that day.

It starts raining and your battle buddy can grab your poncho while you wait.  When you've secured an area or maybe conducting an LP/OP and you've got a minute to remove the PC and grab a quick snack.  There's a hundreds reasons why having lightweight, organized storage on your back, close to your body, is a good idea.
View Quote
This..they are the modern day butt pack.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Thats one of the reasons i never connected stuff to my armor. I hate relying on guys to find what i want, or put it back where i want it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Thats one of the reasons i never connected stuff to my armor. I hate relying on guys to find what i want, or put it back where i want it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

That's why I'm thinking the vep pack is a better option.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgunner0210] [#18]
Making decent headway with my 6094. I'm packing Level 4 swimmer cuts from Hoplite, and wound up having to pick up a set of shoulder strap covers to keep the straps from chaffing my neck while LARPing. Front flap was cut off in anticipation of chest rig integration, and reducing bulk. Also picked up a BaoFeng and some neat upgrades from Disco32 (VMAS and amplified PTT). Still playing around with the antenna routing. Also need a solution to help tidy up the rear of the cummerbund and keep it from sliding around since the 6094 just uses a pass through channel with no hook and loop to secure anything. Any suggestions would be great because the paracord pictured is just not cutting it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Update: they cancelled my order 3 days later because they apparently had none in stock, and now you can't access their website. Just a little fishy...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Update: they cancelled my order 3 days later because they apparently had none in stock, and now you can't access their website. Just a little fishy...
View All Quotes

there is a guy with one of those for sale right now in the EE.  the guy is me :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
That’s screwy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#22]
Night time gear and deep woods gear. I need to upgrade some things but I feel reasonably prepared for SHTF now. Yea, I like breaking up shapes with 3D camo.

Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
We use them for hot swapping mission specific kit. Your armor is set up for general use, the rear panel can be set up for breaching (mechanical tool or charges), commo (2590's, 2nd and 3rd radios for JTAC, Rovers), CBRN (JCAD, air quality monitors, HRM/LRM), medical (MAS CAS or specific tools like extraction ropes and pulleys), or as an assaulter kit (flashbangs, frags, smoke) for guys in a stack.   There are plenty of reasons why a zip on panel would be preferable to a pack, CQB, confined space, subterranean would be big ones.

I generally need a pack for my equipment, so I tend to use them for extra hydration that I can take off depending on the type of pack i'm carrying.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally can make my first contribution to the thread.

Work in progress but gotta start somewhere

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

https://i.imgur.com/G8fFcIF.jpg
View Quote
What carrier/setup are you running?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DefconFrat:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DefconFrat:
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

https://i.imgur.com/G8fFcIF.jpg
Right now the carrier is an AR500 Veritas with Cummerbund kit with RMA lvl4 plates and the Haley D3CR rig and a LBT hydration pouch on the rear.

Need to get a bladder and figure out what to add for the side straps on the Haley to hold everything together snug. Also planning to add an IFAK to the cummerbund area since I have the TQ in the placard. Then figure out what I need in the left small pouch too (radio in the right)
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#27]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

We use them for hot swapping mission specific kit. Your armor is set up for general use, the rear panel can be set up for breaching (mechanical tool or charges), commo (2590's, 2nd and 3rd radios for JTAC, Rovers), CBRN (JCAD, air quality monitors, HRM/LRM), medical (MAS CAS or specific tools like extraction ropes and pulleys), or as an assaulter kit (flashbangs, frags, smoke) for guys in a stack.   There are plenty of reasons why a zip on panel would be preferable to a pack, CQB, confined space, subterranean would be big ones.

I generally need a pack for my equipment, so I tend to use them for extra hydration that I can take off depending on the type of pack i'm carrying.
View Quote
@daemon734 - So do you run with zip on packs or regular over armor packs?

I have a JPC 2 and was thinking about which way I want to go with a back pack/panel
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I ran out of room on my belt at the rally, (belt loop locations not just lots of gear) so I moved my TQ to attach at the MOLLE on my mag carriers in the front.

HATED it. Got in the way of my rifle, screwed up the sling, everything.

Got some Esstac TQ holders and moved it to the back.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PainKillaX] [#29]

View All Quotes

Turns out they've got a good bit of space too. Stay tuned for more shitposting: https://www.instagram.com/painkillax/

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#30]
My three favorite carriers.
T3 Geronimo quad release on top.
T3 Geronimo (G2S) on the left.
JPC clone on the right.

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Slickster and all the fixins. I usually wear it under the jacket, but laid it out for display over the soft shell.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:44:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaOperator] [#32]
View Quote
All they had was the black Slickster in stock (been watching for the last couple weeks).  Was hoping they'd get some other colors back in stock, but rather than wait and miss the sale, I fo'd.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Old school LBT 6094 carrier. I have a slick side front for it as well.
Belt below.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Ferro Concepts FCPC, Haley chest rig, swimmer cut ceramics, IFAK vacuum sealed with a separate boo boo kit nothing too crazy
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:16:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heineken] [#35]
Originally Posted By Deussne:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/242042/IMG_20200204_202839_jpg-1266829.JPG

Old school LBT 6094 carrier. I have a slick side front for it as well.
Belt below.
View Quote

I need friends like youuuu!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#36]
Have all my med gear for my IFAK in shipping... Still waiting on my Hesco 4401 SAPI Medium Plates to ship... just missing either a G-Code OD Green Softshell Scorpion or BlueForceGear TenSpeed Single Mag Shingle in Ranger Green just off to the front left on the cummerbund then a Crye Precision MBITR Pouch in Ranger Green on the Back Left of the cummerbund... also thinking of grabbing a Crye Precision Frag Pouch for the Front Right of the cummerbund... I may throw another T-Rex Arms Tourniquet Holder off to the Left Side as well just to have a total of 3 Tourniquets on the PC then one in my Belt IFAK.

Set Up:
-Crye Precision JPC 2.0 in Ranger Green
-Spiritus Systems Micro Fight in Ranger Green with Half Flap, Triple AR Shingle, Dual Pistol shingle & Half Flap
-Microbat Systems Candy Micro in Ranger Green
-Haley Strategic MMHv2 in Ranger Green
-Microbat Systems Candy in Ranger Green
-T-Rex Arms Tourniquet Holder in Ranger Green

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:
Have all my med gear for my IFAK in shipping... Still waiting on my Hesco 4401 SAPI Medium Plates to ship... just missing either a G-Code OD Green Softshell Scorpion or BlueForceGear TenSpeed Single Mag Shingle in Ranger Green just off to the front left on the cummerbund then a Crye Precision MBITR Pouch in Ranger Green on the Back Left of the cummerbund... also thinking of grabbing a Crye Precision Frag Pouch for the Front Right of the cummerbund... I may throw another T-Rex Arms Tourniquet Holder off to the Left Side as well just to have a total of 3 Tourniquets on the PC then one in my Belt IFAK.

Set Up:
-Spiritus Systems Micro Fight in Ranger Green with Half Flap, Triple AR Shingle, Dual Pistol shingle & Half Flap

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/C2090FA0-BD9D-452F-AFD4-A302B6C644A0_jpe-1268687.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/D7BE6924-F03B-4F72-9332-BF090C9D6D51_jpe-1268698.JPG
View Quote
I like
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
I like
View Quote
Thanks bro
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
@daemon734 - So do you run with zip on packs or regular over armor packs?

I have a JPC 2 and was thinking about which way I want to go with a back pack/panel
View Quote
I have a couple zip on panels that I may use for training or kit runs, but when im really working I need generally need a lot more equipment and the ability to don/doff at will.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#40]

I have a couple zip on panels that I may use for training or kit runs, but when im really working I need generally need a lot more equipment and the ability to don/doff at will.
View Quote
If you dont mind. Care to post some pics of your panel setups?

Also what packs are you using?
Just trying to get some ideas because I dont have a pack setup for my PC yet and I'm trting to decide which way to go
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's mine. I need to figure out hydration, but this is the setup I plan to do my first combat class Cola Warrior run with.

Mayflower APC
Esstac chest card
HSGI IFAK pouch
ESEE 4

TQ and pistol mags are mounted on my belt.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:

Set Up:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/C2090FA0-BD9D-452F-AFD4-A302B6C644A0_jpe-1268687.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/D7BE6924-F03B-4F72-9332-BF090C9D6D51_jpe-1268698.JPG
View Quote
Your rifle is sex on toast.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Your rifle is sex on toast.
View Quote
Thanks bro, I love her dearly
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:52:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#44]
Why not burn post 5000 on carrier thread?

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NayKid] [#45]
Mostly AR500 armor kit.

This is their Veritas plate carrier, their kangaroo pouch, and their double mag pouches.

I have a cumberbund that I used on the SPCS in Afghanistan. I bought it from Grey Ghost Gear back in 2012, so I don’t know who made it. Doesn’t appear to be available anymore. I like it a lot.

HSGI large admin pouch on the front flap, as I can’t get mags out of the kangaroo. With it up high.

There’s a Gerber pouch with tool.

HSGI glove pouch gifted to me from a delta.

I have an ACU mbitr I don’t use at the 4-5 o’clock.

LBT hydration carrier on the back. No bladder in it at the moment. I might switch out to something a little shorter, as it hangs off the back panel quite a bit.

It seems to be okay. My only real gripe is that the shoulder pads slide on the straps super easily. I might add some rubberized tape between the straps and the pads to hold them in place or use the HSGI pads I have laying around.

The weight of the steel plates isn’t that bad. I can’t tell a noticeable difference between this and a fully army fucked IOTV, as far as weight is concerned.

I have two GGG MPCs I need to work on also.

Edit: cant post the pic direct I guess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Pretty much done messing with the armor setup, though I'd love to find a way to drop another pound or two off of it. Big fan of the FS Tubes.

Now someone buy my old Haley rig on the EE
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Absolutely loving this setup so far. Spiritus Systems LV119 covert, Microfight chassis, and SACK. Arbor Arms battle belt.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Absolutely loving this setup so far. Spiritus Systems LV119 covert, Microfight chassis, and SACK. Arbor Arms battle belt.

https://i.ibb.co/GVNzN2j/20200220-185601.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/KyWZMmT/20200220-185556.jpg
View Quote
MC Tropic looks so good, that's a rad setup. Nicely done keeping it (relatively) slick too, I've been trying to emphasize that with my own kit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By NayKid:
Mostly AR500 armor kit.

This is their Veritas plate carrier, their kangaroo pouch, and their double mag pouches.

I have a cumberbund that I used on the SPCS in Afghanistan. I bought it from Grey Ghost Gear back in 2012, so I don’t know who made it. Doesn’t appear to be available anymore. I like it a lot.

HSGI large admin pouch on the front flap, as I can’t get mags out of the kangaroo. With it up high.

There’s a Gerber pouch with tool.

HSGI glove pouch gifted to me from a delta.

I have an ACU mbitr I don’t use at the 4-5 o’clock.

LBT hydration carrier on the back. No bladder in it at the moment. I might switch out to something a little shorter, as it hangs off the back panel quite a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/iw5jaiP.jpg

It seems to be okay. My only real gripe is that the shoulder pads slide on the straps super easily. I might add some rubberized tape between the straps and the pads to hold them in place or use the HSGI pads I have laying around.

The weight of the steel plates isn’t that bad. I can’t tell a noticeable difference between this and a fully army fucked IOTV, as far as weight is concerned.

I have two GGG MPCs I need to work on also.

Edit: cant post the pic direct I guess.  
View Quote
Keeping the pads in place can be an easy fix. Super glue a piece of Velcro to the strap and do the same thing to the pads. You don't need to hook and loop the entire pad area obviously, just a smallish patch (an inch or so) of Velcro to keep the pads from sliding around.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
MC Tropic looks so good, that's a rad setup. Nicely done keeping it (relatively) slick too, I've been trying to emphasize that with my own kit.
View Quote
Thanks! MC Tropic is the best. Works absolutely great where I live, too. I think I'm pretty done with the PC. Need to add some mag pouches and a dump pouch to my belt, but otherwise, I'm ready to just train with this setup.
Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top