BCM
User Panel

Page / 162
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By sspicher:
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

VERY NICE!

i havent seen many pics of people wearing the JPC...geez that is low pro!

Agreed, the JPC looks like the knees of bees. For Crye stuff its actually sorta affordable too.

ETA:

It looks as though you're using Safariland MLS for your sidearm, does the amount it sticks out from your thigh bother you at all?

I'm using a 1.5" drop mounted to a Blackhawk molle adapter so it works with the blast belt and it sticks out enough to allow me to clear my belt and vest.

Link Posted: 6/30/2011 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Eagle pc with ciras pads
Triple TT pistol
BFG triple ten speed
BFG modular vest sling
TAG admin pouch with flap
P30 in serpa on gcode rti molle mount
ESAPIs
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Originally Posted By azratt:
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Rough draft of web page with my gear layout

Got the same Dewalt bag...lol....

Do you guys have any concerns of someone stealing that bag thinking it is full of DeWalt tools?

Well I don't much leave it lying around unsecured... but I would have more concern with people stealing it thinking it was full of guns and enough shit to fight the zombie apocalypse.  IOW the goal is not to secure it from theft but to not look like guns and gear.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

Originally Posted By markfall:

Originally Posted By markfall:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo212/markfall/gear/SDC10601.jpg

If memory serves me right its:

1 eagle industries quad mag pouch

1 eagle industries double mag pouch

1maxpedition rolly polly dump pouch

1 USMC issue IFAC

1SOG multitool in pouch

1 Tactical Tailor universal pistol w/mounted light holster

2 Tactical Tailor single pistol mag pouches

1 Tactical Tailor inner pistol belt

1 ATS battle belt

1 set ATS suspenders.

man we really think alike  my belt is almost identical set up
Keeps it simple. If it work, it just works.

here is mine

cant see the suspenders in my pic though

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/shawnm4a1/009-5.jpg
Yeah, that is pretty close.

Link Posted: 7/2/2011 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Do you guys have any concerns of someone stealing that bag thinking it is full of DeWalt tools?

Well I don't much leave it lying around unsecured... but I would have more concern with people stealing it thinking it was full of guns and enough shit to fight the zombie apocalypse.  IOW the goal is not to secure it from theft but to not look like guns and gear.

OK.

I am looking for something I could use to carry my stuff with me on a daily basis, but I am in and out of my truck all the time.  Sometimes it is in relatively nice areas, sometimes not.  I want something that will tend to "disappear" if someone were to glance into the cab of my truck.

Either that, or I will break down and get one of the locking tool boxes to mount in the bed.  Just takes money I do not have at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]

OK.

I am looking for something I could use to carry my stuff with me on a daily basis, but I am in and out of my truck all the time.  Sometimes it is in relatively nice areas, sometimes not.  I want something that will tend to "disappear" if someone were to glance into the cab of my truck.

Either that, or I will break down and get one of the locking tool boxes to mount in the bed.  Just takes money I do not have at the moment.

There was a member here who made a lockable rack that sat behind the seat in the cab of his truck, seat flopped forward and there was an AR and chest rig.  Probably cost him less than $20.  Wouldn't work of you had a back seat though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]

OK.

There was a member here who made a lockable rack that sat behind the seat in the cab of his truck, seat flopped forward and there was an AR and chest rig.  Probably cost him less than $20.  Wouldn't work of you had a back seat though.

Extended cab.

I could make something that would look like a speaker box out of plywood, but it would be removable.

Thinking maybe a tennis racket case, and just have the AR broken down inside.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]

OK.

Extended cab.

I could make something that would look like a speaker box out of plywood, but it would be removable.

Thinking maybe a tennis racket case, and just have the AR broken down inside.  Thoughts?

How about the foldable chair bag that somebody had posted a little while back... he put a 4" pvc end cap in the bottom to keep the rifle barrel from poking out of the end of it. Looked pretty cool, and I think most thugs would probably pass on it at first glance.

Link Posted: 7/3/2011 2:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alphajaguars] [#9]
SNIP

Extended cab.

How about the foldable chair bag that somebody had posted a little while back... he put a 4" pvc end cap in the bottom to keep the rifle barrel from poking out of the end of it. Looked pretty cool, and I think most thugs would probably pass on it at first glance.  

I tried a baseball bat bag, but the AR with a 30 round mag and the Aimpoint are a little too tall to sit properly in one.  I think the folding chair bag may have the same issue.  That is why I was thinking a tennis racket bag, as I have seen folks with SBR's or side folding AK's use them.  I figure if I can get a 6 racket style, it should fit the AR broken down and a chest rig decently well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 9:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fla556guy] [#10]
Some of you have some sweet setups.  I am jealous.  If I had the funds to play large, I would, but sadly my budget does not allow.

Yes, I know, the colors don't match, but sometimes when deals are good, and you are poor you will put black, woodland camo, and tan together because having a setup that works is all that I am concerned with.

A older military lbe/lbv (not quite sure which is appropriate)

Pistol belt (not of a significant maker)
Surplus 3 AR mag holder
Safariland holster
G17
5.11 dual mag pouch (i know..but it was priced right and it works for what I need)
Gerber knife (again, priced right, and its a full tang.  may not be the best, but it is better than throwing things)
AR-15 (eotech 553, knights foregrip, magpul moe foregrip, and poor-boy light setup (works well with the grip).  Single point sling.

The good thing about this setup is that you can still wear a pack pretty comfortably to carry your other crap.  

To come:  another pistol mag pouch, canteen, and if you all have some suggestions please put forth.

Was setup tonight, so placement is subject to change, but the other pistol mag holder would likely go in front of the knife on the left side, and ideally of a more flap-less design for faster reloads.  (I would remove the grenade pouch)

Link Posted: 7/5/2011 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Some of you have some sweet setups.  I am jealous.  If I had the funds to play large, I would, but sadly my budget does not allow.

Yes, I know, the colors don't match, but sometimes when deals are good, and you are poor you will put black, woodland camo, and tan together because having a setup that works is all that I am concerned with.

Surplus 3 AR mag holder
Safariland holster
G17
5.11 dual mag pouch (i know..but it was priced right and it works for what I need)
Gerber knife (again, priced right, and its a full tang.  may not be the best, but it is better than throwing things)
AR-15 (eotech 553, knights foregrip, magpul moe foregrip, and poor-boy light setup (works well with the grip).  Single point sling.

The good thing about this setup is that you can still wear a pack pretty comfortably to carry your other crap.  

To come:  another pistol mag pouch, canteen, and if you all have some suggestions please put forth.

Was setup tonight, so placement is subject to change, but the other pistol mag holder would likely go in front of the knife on the left side, and ideally of a more flap-less design for faster reloads.  (I would remove the grenade pouch)

There's nothing wrong with using old-skool gear, as long as it's in good shape, functional and you understand both strong and weak points, same as any other gear. I've got an old lbv in my gear pile too. The main thing is get out and use it to find out what works and more importantly, what doesn't and when the means become available, upgrade to something you can tailor to what your needs are.
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 11:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#12]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:

Surplus 3 AR mag holder
Safariland holster
G17

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vwuvxg.jpg

Were it me and I would lose the grenade holders on the mag pouch (unless they re filled with grenades they get caught on shit)  I would mod the Safariland to ride higher and add a BOK, tape off the excess straps and string... then get out and train with it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Right on about the grenade pouches, I was thinking that myself.  

The strings are obviously going to get secured, but don't want to create more work till I figure out how I like the setup (at least in the house).

The holster looks low because I'm tall and have a longer torso.  Although that does spark the idea of what if I took off the top band......

Will have to try that.

Thanks for the suggestions, have been most helpful.
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 8:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YWHIC] [#14]

Very basic and learning.. 6 - 20 Round 556/223 mags, 4 - 20 Round 308/762 mags.. & 2 - 9mm mags..

Also got a regular 'duty-belt' for my pistol, cuffs, mace, & baton..

Al
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By YWHIC:
http://www.executiveprotectionservice.us/forums/SetUpA-1.jpg

Very basic and learning.. 6 - 20 Round 556/223 mags, 4 - 20 Round 308/762 mags.. & 2 - 9mm mags..

Al

You plan on carrying a 556 and 762 rifle at the same time?
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 12:21:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shawnmt6601] [#16]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Al

apparently he does from his other thread.

had anyone found a good use for those flash bang pouches?   I mena if you dont have a flashbang that is.    they look like a decent knife pouch maybe
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Custom ZULU Nylon IFAK in ATACS (Next to the custom ATACS CAOS).  I have had it for a while now, bit figured I would post it for the ATACS fans.

Link Posted: 7/9/2011 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Al

apparently he does from his other thread.

had anyone found a good use for those flash bang pouches?   I mena if you dont have a flashbang that is.    they look like a decent knife pouch maybe

It'll hold a small item, strobe, light, knife, but it isn't the best pouch out there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 1:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wh0] [#19]
Originally Posted By jinx667:
Custom ZULU Nylon IFAK in ATACS (Next to the custom ATACS CAOS).  I have had it for a while now, bit figured I would post it for the ATACS fans.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/jinx667/DSC00322.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/jinx667/DSC00325.jpg

How does ATACS fare as a pattern? I wanted to do some testing between ATACS and MultiCam before I decided, but nobody carried ATACS and so I was kinda forced to buy MC.

But now that more people are getting it, I'm curious again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#20]
A-TACS works great in rocky/desert/dirty urban environments.  If there is more green MC is a better choice.
Link Posted: 7/10/2011 8:58:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plissken] [#21]
ETA: I have no idea what I was meaning to say here, I must've jumped on arfcom half asleep and made that post. Sorry guys
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Same...yellow & black  make great camo  
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't go anywhere near Tacoma without having to detour to Tactical Tailor and Surplus Ammo.  Here are pics of my updated kit.

Camelbak Delta V Vest
4 HSGI Taco Rifle/Pistol mag pouches
Tactical Tailor triple mag ouch
Tactical Tailor utility pouch with basic 2-day kit/first aid
Tactical Tailor dump pouch
Tactical Tailor duty belt
Tactical Tailor 1911 drop leg holster
Leatherman MUT with MOLLE pouch (actually, the MUT goes clipped in my left front pocket, the pouch contains a Surefire 6P Pro)
SOG SEAL Pup with MOLLE sheath
Gear Sector rig mounted single point sling

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I can't go anywhere near Tacoma without having to detour to Tactical Tailor and Surplus Ammo.  Here are pics of my updated kit.

Camelbak Delta V Vest
4 HSGI Taco Rifle/Pistol mag pouches
Tactical Tailor triple mag ouch
Tactical Tailor utility pouch with basic 2-day kit/first aid
Tactical Tailor dump pouch
Tactical Tailor duty belt
Tactical Tailor 1911 drop leg holster
Leatherman MUT with MOLLE pouch (actually, the MUT goes clipped in my left front pocket, the pouch contains a Surefire 6P Pro)
SOG SEAL Pup with MOLLE sheath
Gear Sector rig mounted single point sling

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7110379.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7090375.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7090374-1.jpg
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/Will816/P7090373.jpg

Phew for a minute I thought I was f'd up......mirror shot will do that. Nice gear BTW.

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#26]
THIS thread delivers!

I can't believe I never saw it until today!
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 2:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Plissken] [#27]
Just took a whole load of pics of my rig for show and tell/comments and criticism:

Used my girlfriend's dress making mannequin to hold everything up.

Breakdown:

BDS Tactical Enhanced Stacker Assault Vest, Ranger Green
- Holds 8 mags, pouches modified from hook and loop/snap closure to bungee closure for easier access
- 6"x6" General Purpose/Utility pouches sewn onto each side
- Front Panels on each side include concealed admin pockets, accessible by pulling apart the velcro closure securing the two layers of fabric; good for papers and such.
- Still gotta get elastic loop fasteners or tape to secure the excess slack in the straps

BDS Tactical Triple Pistol mag pouch, Ranger Green
 - Thinking of getting an alternative to this since it's got long pouch covers that could slow down a pistol reload.

Emdom MM-CM Belt, Sewer/Ranger Green
 - Mated to vest via belt loops

Emdom H2O Hydration Carrier, Sewer/Ranger Green
 - Houses a CamelBak OMEGA Water Beast 100oz Bladder
 - Thinking of grabbing the TAG Combat Sustainment Pack in Ranger Green as an alternative option since it will carry the 100oz bladder and offer additional load bearing capacity.
 - Affixed to vest loop straps with OD green zip ties, since I had to fasten the MOLLE straps about two rows figher to compensate for how low the hydration carrier hangs.

ATS Medical Pouch, Small, Ranger Green
 - Attached to Emdom MM-CM Belt. Blood Type/Medical Patches by Milspec Monkey, "Forest" color scheme.

Mayflower Low-Profile Armor Carrier, Ranger Green.
 - To be worn under whatever shirt/jacket is worn under the LBV rig, rather than directly under the rig itself as pictured. Took the picture to show how well it fits/works under the LBV rig.

BDS Tactical Patrol Sub Load Thigh Rig, Black
 - I rarely wear this, since I only keep 4 mags in it anyway (fully loaded to six mags it's like a cinder block tied to my leg), and 12 mags plus one in the rifle is a bit overkill anyway, but I keep it around for the option. Might replace with Talon Drop Leg Pouch by Shellback Tactical since the bungees make for faster deployment of mags. But, like I said, I never wear the thigh rig anyway, but it's there for special occassions.

Specter Gear Univeral Thigh Holster, Black
 - I love this thing. Rock solid, and can be adjusted to fit whatever pistol I might be using, between my G19 or my 2011. Can't go wrong with that one.

The knife's a black gripped full length KABAR with the partially serrated edge. Haven't thought of a better location or method to carry it. Might have to find a MOLLE-compatible sheath, or switch to a Gerber LMF II, and mount it to the PALS webbing on the side of my left-most rifle mag pouch. If you've got an idea, feel free to mention.

Still trying to figure out what to put here on this blank spot on my belt at the 4/5:00 position, opposite the ATS med pouch:

What should I put there? A secondary/backup pistol? My radio pouch (or should I mount that elsewhere, like on the side of the Hydration Carrier)? I've got utility/GP pouches covered, got the med pouch covered, got hydration taken care of. SOMETHING's gotta go there, I just can't figure out what I missed or what might also be useful. Make some suggestions here.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 2:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Plissken] [#29]
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 11:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UncleTupelo] [#30]
Originally Posted By Plissken:
What should I put there?

Watertight case for cigarettes? Never know when you'll run into a security camera

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/universalhardcase50.aspx

I throw one of these on my belt from time to time, esp. if I'm hiking and want to bring smokes or a GPS. However if everything is working for you and you don't need anything else, don't try to "fill in" empty spots on a rig like that. If you've got what you need, ignore the negative space. You don't want to throw on shit just for the sake of it. That said, I like how it all looks.

edit

Oh, and you might want to consider these: http://www.itwmilitaryproducts.com/content/web-dominator . Beats routing the hydro tube through the MOLLE. I dig mine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By UncleTupelo:
Oh, and you might want to consider these: http://www.itwmilitaryproducts.com/content/web-dominator . Beats routing the hydro tube through the MOLLE. I dig mine.

Got any pictures of it in use/in action? I'm having trouble picturing how they work. Thanks for the advice though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Just took a whole load of pics of my rig for show and tell/comments and criticism:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_134920.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_134933.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_134956.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135025.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135036.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_140931.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135419.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135057.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_140943.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_141548.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_141439.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_141503.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135834.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135438.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_135357.jpg

Used my girlfriend's dress making mannequin to hold everything up.

Breakdown:

BDS Tactical Enhanced Stacker Assault Vest, Ranger Green
- Holds 8 mags, pouches modified from hook and loop/snap closure to bungee closure for easier access
- 6"x6" General Purpose/Utility pouches sewn onto each side
- Front Panels on each side include concealed admin pockets, accessible by pulling apart the velcro closure securing the two layers of fabric; good for papers and such.
- Still gotta get elastic loop fasteners or tape to secure the excess slack in the straps

BDS Tactical Triple Pistol mag pouch, Ranger Green
 - Thinking of getting an alternative to this since it's got long pouch covers that could slow down a pistol reload.

Emdom MM-CM Belt, Sewer/Ranger Green
 - Mated to vest via belt loops

Emdom H2O Hydration Carrier, Sewer/Ranger Green
 - Houses a CamelBak OMEGA Water Beast 100oz Bladder
 - Thinking of grabbing the TAG Combat Sustainment Pack in Ranger Green as an alternative option since it will carry the 100oz bladder and offer additional load bearing capacity.
 - Affixed to vest loop straps with OD green zip ties, since I had to fasten the MOLLE straps about two rows figher to compensate for how low the hydration carrier hangs.

ATS Medical Pouch, Small, Ranger Green
 - Attached to Emdom MM-CM Belt. Blood Type/Medical Patches by Milspec Monkey, "Forest" color scheme.

Mayflower Low-Profile Armor Carrier, Ranger Green.
 - To be worn under whatever shirt/jacket is worn under the LBV rig, rather than directly under the rig itself as pictured. Took the picture to show how well it fits/works under the LBV rig.

BDS Tactical Patrol Sub Load Thigh Rig, Black
 - I rarely wear this, since I only keep 4 mags in it anyway (fully loaded to six mags it's like a cinder block tied to my leg), and 12 mags plus one in the rifle is a bit overkill anyway, but I keep it around for the option. Might replace with Talon Drop Leg Pouch by Shellback Tactical since the bungees make for faster deployment of mags. But, like I said, I never wear the thigh rig anyway, but it's there for special occassions.

Specter Gear Univeral Thigh Holster, Black
 - I love this thing. Rock solid, and can be adjusted to fit whatever pistol I might be using, between my G19 or my 2011. Can't go wrong with that one.

The knife's a black gripped full length KABAR with the partially serrated edge. Haven't thought of a better location or method to carry it. Might have to find a MOLLE-compatible sheath, or switch to a Gerber LMF II, and mount it to the PALS webbing on the side of my left-most rifle mag pouch. If you've got an idea, feel free to mention.

Still trying to figure out what to put here on this blank spot on my belt at the 4/5:00 position, opposite the ATS med pouch:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/SnakeMGS4/IMG_20110712_140943.jpg

What should I put there? A secondary/backup pistol? My radio pouch (or should I mount that elsewhere, like on the side of the Hydration Carrier)? I've got utility/GP pouches covered, got the med pouch covered, got hydration taken care of. SOMETHING's gotta go there, I just can't figure out what I missed or what might also be useful. Make some suggestions here.

Awesome setup!  Where did you get the "Foxhound" patch?  My gear could definitely use one of those!

~ISherman
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:11:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plissken] [#33]
Thanks! Got the patch here:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_54&products_id=1271

I colored in the white areas with a tan sharpie and it hasn't faded out or anything like that, looks better IMO. They've got three different versions of it too, and a bunch of other cool/nerdy patches
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Anymore comments/criticism on my rig? Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Couple of questions...

What is the longest you've worn it at one time?  How far have you ran it?  Have you tried shooting from different positions, changing magazines and clearing malfunctions in it?

I ask because, well what you think after doing these things is more important than what ARFCOM thinks.

I will say I'm glad you don't were the subload often, I would suggest you move the pistol to a belt that isn't attached to the vest, maybe one of your utility pouches (E&E kit) or BOK kit too.

Once you get the shit adjusted you should tape all the strap excess down.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 11:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plissken] [#36]

Couple of questions...

What is the longest you've worn it at one time?  How far have you ran it?  Have you tried shooting from different positions, changing magazines and clearing malfunctions in it?

I ask because, well what you think after doing these things is more important than what ARFCOM thinks.

I will say I'm glad you don't were the subload often, I would suggest you move the pistol to a belt that isn't attached to the vest, maybe one of your utility pouches (E&E kit) or BOK kit too.

Couple of hours at the range at most while practicing speed reloads, I have yet to run it through a proper carbine course, but I plan to. Hard to find the time/opportunity with work, so the most I get to do is dry fire exercises at home. I have shot and changed mags/cleared malfunctions in it though.

Why move the pistol? I haven't had any problems doing a conversion, except for choosing the best way to drop the rifle (either drop it completely, or lead it down with my support hand while I go for the pistol itself)

Could you go into more detail about the E&E/BOK kit?
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Couple of questions...

Couple of hours at the range at most while practicing speed reloads, I have yet to run it through a proper carbine course, but I plan to. Hard to find the time/opportunity with work, so the most I get to do is dry fire exercises at home. I have shot and changed mags/cleared malfunctions in it though.

Why move the pistol? I haven't had any problems doing a conversion, except for choosing the best way to drop the rifle (either drop it completely, or lead it down with my support hand while I go for the pistol itself)

So that in a pinch you can just grab a smaller load that still has the essentials instead of the whole vest, like a first line. Less time, less bulky, less weight

At least I think that's what he's getting at...

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By UncleTupelo:

Got any pictures of it in use/in action? I'm having trouble picturing how they work. Thanks for the advice though.

I do not; there is some info/pics on militarymorons.com.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Couple of questions...

You move the pistol because if you drop the other stuff you still have it (same with E&E kit and BOK.)  I would also raise the pistol as much as possible, lose the quick release an the top strap.  The bottom strap should be  high as you can get it.  If not it is going to tire that leg out.  You would probably have to move the pouch from above it but it would end up being MUCH more comfortable for real use.

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Those GP pouches don't move; they're sewn to the vest as is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#41]

You move the pistol because if you drop the other stuff you still have it (same with E&E kit and BOK.)  I would also raise the pistol as much as possible, lose the quick release an the top strap.  The bottom strap should be  high as you can get it.  If not it is going to tire that leg out.  You would probably have to move the pouch from above it but it would end up being MUCH more comfortable for real use.

QFT

Even here:

My pistol is too low and was causing issues. You want that top strap to be sitting right on the base of your ball-sack.

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

QFT

Even here:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6Vu5-r69lBU/Th437hulQwI/AAAAAAAAItg/1Ous3clQ0Ro/s800/Screenshot-VID00016.MP4-3.jpg

My pistol is too low and was causing issues. You want that top strap to be sitting right on the base of your ball-sack.

Here is the same holster rigged more comfortably.

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#43]
What sort of discomfort issues are you talking about? I've yet to experience any with mine as is.

Currahee, you keep mentioning E&E and BOK kits. Are you seeing/perceiving something on my rig as such, or are you recommending I carry the associated items in either of my GP pouches, or as an additional pouch in the blank spot on my belt? I'm a little confused in regards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 10:18:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#44]
What sort of discomfort issues are you talking about? I've yet to experience any with mine as is.

Currahee, you keep mentioning E&E and BOK kits. Are you seeing/perceiving something on my rig as such, or are you recommending I carry the associated items in either of my GP pouches, or as an additional pouch in the blank spot on my belt? I'm a little confused in regards.

A) That's why I asked how long you had worn your rig before and how far you had run (or walked) in it.  You wear it all day while moving you'll probably notice it.  After a day of shooting with noobs I tend to see drop legs disappear, or get adjusted way higher.

B) A BOK (blow out kit) is a trauma oriented first aid pack.  What is in the pouch marked with your blood type and the cross?  We need to see inside that.  I would probably move that stuff to the right hand GP pouch, or directly to a belt NOT attached to your vest (in case you lose the vest.)  Where it is picture yourself trying to reach around and get what you need out with blood spraying in your face.  An E&E kit would be some very basic survival stuff. (Not everyone has this, in a suburban environment it is not necessary IMO)

C) I would probably lose the belt attached to the vest entirely and then try it out, because it is going to really prevent range of motion.  Every time you make a change go in the backyard and do some grass drills with your rifle. Get in every shooting position you know, climb in and out of your car etc etc. Combat kit should have as few things hanging off of it as possible, but you're asking for new things just because you have a blank space.
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#45]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/100619-16.jpg

Wuss.

I drill in full plates.

I just sold my blackhawk, and I'm in the market for a either a low belt holster or a high thigh holster.

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:17:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#46]

Wuss.

I drill in full plates.

I just sold my blackhawk, and I'm in the market for a either a low belt holster or a high thigh holster.

That's a buddy not me (but I don't wear armor.)

The guy in that pic recently went to a Bladetech dropped and canted holster.  I have went to  SERPA dropped holster but am thinking of moving my BOK to the chest rig and just using my CCW rig as the first line.

ETA Good view of my holster

Same buddy with his new holster

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Wuss.

I drill in full plates.

That's a buddy not me (but I don't wear armor.)

The guy in that pic recently went to a Bladetech dropped and canted holster.  I have went to  SERPA dropped holster but am thinking of moving my BOK to the chest rig and just using my CCW rig as the first line.

ETA Good view of my holster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/101226me.jpg

Same buddy with his new holster

http://www.everycitizenasoldier.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/newgear2010/.pond/2lexg1b.jpg.w300h369.jpg

I dig the Bladetech. I might have to give that one a try.

My biggest issue is, when I'm in odd positions, or my body is contorted, being able to access the pistol. I also run a three point sling, so chest rig mount is out. All of the ones I tried would get tangled up in my sling.

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#48]

A) That's why I asked how long you had worn your rig before and how far you had run (or walked) in it.  You wear it all day while moving you'll probably notice it.  After a day of shooting with noobs I tend to see drop legs disappear, or get adjusted way higher.

B) A BOK (blow out kit) is a trauma oriented first aid pack.  What is in the pouch marked with your blood type and the cross?  We need to see inside that.  I would probably move that stuff to the right hand GP pouch, or directly to a belt NOT attached to your vest (in case you lose the vest.)  Where it is picture yourself trying to reach around and get what you need out with blood spraying in your face.  An E&E kit would be some very basic survival stuff. (Not everyone has this, in a suburban environment it is not necessary IMO)

C) I would probably lose the belt attached to the vest entirely and then try it out, because it is going to really prevent range of motion.  Every time you make a change go in the backyard and do some grass drills with your rifle. Get in every shooting position you know, climb in and out of your car etc etc. Combat kit should have as few things hanging off of it as possible, but you're asking for new things just because you have a blank space.

A) We'll see, I'll keep you posted in regards.

B) Haven't filled the med pouch yet, still have to get around to that (budget priorities and whatnot.) I can reach that med pouch just fine (made sure many times I could get to it with ease), and if you didn't notice, it detaches from where it's mounted, check out the link I posted for it in the break down. Where it is now, it doesn't restrict my range of movement as far as my legs go.

C) Also, there's no room for a second belt under the one pictured, that one sits right where a normal belt would. I could detach it from the vest if I were so inclined. I'll try all those movements out and see how it all works out. The reason I was asking what I should put in that blank spot on the belt was because I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything I should have on me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Plissken,

Is that the new Emdom belt with the molle in the inside?  If so, how do you like it?  I was thinking about getting one becuase I have such a short torso length I have a hard time running wide/thick belt setups.
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bravo72989:
Plissken,

Is that the new Emdom belt with the molle in the inside?  If so, how do you like it?  I was thinking about getting one becuase I have such a short torso length I have a hard time running wide/thick belt setups.

It sure is. I love it. In a day where MOLLE gear dominates the market, where every new pouch and device that comes out is dependant on PALS webbing, it allows one to utilize said pouches on their belt, as well as a drop leg holster/sub load/thigh rig/etc,, without the need for a big padded war belt, something I'm not a big fan of. It's like a war belt without the giant padded part, and in turn, makes it like a molle version of my gunbelt at work that I'm familiar with, only lighter and not as bulky as a war belt.

Grab one and check it out, you won't regret. And if you turn around and feel like you want one, it's war belt pad compatible.
Page / 162
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top