Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 162
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 9:26:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SleeperShooter] [#1]
Originally Posted By MotherDearest:

The loadout was a joke. Sarcasm. Not realistic. Done.

PM Incoming.  
-SS

ETA:  Page Ownage.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:

I thought i read some where that you were not suppose to put MBUS on gas blocks.

that was my understanding as well..
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By shiky:
Originally Posted By Raizo_Sekai:

I thought i read some where that you were not suppose to put MBUS on gas blocks.

that was my understanding as well..

It's definitely not good for the sight. I love magpul but their MBUS don't meet my standards for a combat sight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Took my new Maxpedition Vulture II on an overnight hike with my buddy the other day. It did very well and held all my gear with room to spare. I highly suggest it for a 3 day pack.

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
would it make a difference that its a piston instead of a DI gas block?
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:28:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Raizo_Sekai] [#6]
Originally Posted By lucksthename:
would it make a difference that its a piston instead of a DI gas block?

It is my understanding that the pistons gas block gets hotter than a DI.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:36:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#7]
Hi, my name is Nape, and i have a problem.

all of the packs and footlockers are filled with more gear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You seem normal to me
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
man that is some problem just ship some stuff to me, BANG problem solved :P
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TimJ:
Nape, were you going to post a pic or description of the problem?

haha, my problem is im running out of room for new gear i acquire.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:40:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Maguzi308] [#12]
Let's try this again.

Need a problem Child post for this addiction.  With all this gear Nape, I hope your not playing with yourself.

This is what happens with no spell check.

Link Posted: 8/17/2011 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#13]
No problem here folks, just move on along, smile and wave boys, smile and way.

SMSP
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Originally Posted By TimJ:
Nape, were you going to post a pic or description of the problem?

haha, my problem is im running out of room for new gear i acquire.

I volunteer my closet to help you with your problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170009.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170010.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170011.jpg

I dont see a problem
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
im glad im in such a safe place here
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#17]

im glad im in such a safe place here

Your with Friends Now...

CXS

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Maguzi308:

Need a problem Chid post for this and at lest your not playing with yourself.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z205/mfo88/047-2.jpg

What?

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By EightySecond:

What?

"Need a problem child post for this. And you might have an obsession with buying lots of gear, but hey, at least you're not obsessively playing with yourself.".

That's what I got out of it
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Plissken:
Originally Posted By EightySecond:

What?

"Need a problem child post for this. And you might have an obsession with buying lots of gear, but hey, at least you're not obsessively playing with yourself.".

That's what I got out of it

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Need a problem Child post for this addiction. With all this gear Nape, I hope your not playing with yourself.

This is what happens with no spell check.

Thanks guy's I do need help from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Carbonman556] [#22]
Originally Posted By ARJJ:
Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:
Originally Posted By MotherDearest:
Edited-joker581

Gosh darn it, I had a great post regarding your "Gear", but I hit page backwards and it got deleted.  Guess it's a good thing for you... here's a brief recap of what I had laid out.
Curahee might not be feeling like it, but I am feeling a little froggy and argumentative.

What in the high holy hell are you talking about??  Being AD doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever.  I've seen and trained my fair share of AD .Mil-types that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.  The same principle applies to some LEO's as well.  On the other hand, I've very much enjoyed training with .Mil / USG / LEO's that have been very squared away.  

Lemme give you a little help on a few things:
1.  There's a metric butt-load of Active Duty, Reserve, and Veterans on this site.  Those tank icons are what we call a "Clue".
2.  I honestly think I see more ChiCom crap than American made gear.  You're carrying IR Chem's, but you don't have any NOD's, and what the hell is with all the rifle ammo??  You going to invade Canada or something??  
3.  Your planning needs some serious adjusting.  I'd start out be deleting your current plan, and then re-evaluating everything.  The whole "LeJune is a few miles away" aspect is WTF x 87.  So you're going to hit up LeJune, get resupplied with food that you think may still be there...  yeah that's just
4.  Finally, your gear is borderline substandard, and its waaaayyy to friggen clean to have been used anywhere else besides a basement.  Go take a few classes with that gear and see what happens.  I doubt your gear would stand up to a four day class over at EAG, Thunder Ranch, or most other top notch schools.  
5.  "One MRE is a two day supply"????    Holy Crap.... really???  Best of luck with that one.  

Try the BS somewhere else... like over on SOCNET or PS.  I'd love to see that happen.  There's enough men & women here who have BTDT to smell BS when we see it.

Now, since I'm not all about being an ass, I'd like to say a few positive things about your gear.
1.  You gear is very clean.  
2.  You gear looks good for Bugging IN and hunkering down in a single location.
3.  You have nice wood floors.
4.  None of your pictures have your toes in them.  
-SS

ETA:  Since you're claiming you're Active Duty... how about you post a few pictures of you *working*???  I'm so friggen tempted to call Shenanigans and BS.

Ok, you love ammo. Do you also love fantasizing about invading Camp Lejeune's pantry Commando style? A skinny (5-9 and 130 certainly qualifies) one-man army going on a non-stop, glorious shooting spree cross-country?

All right. Enough hyperbole. Brother, regardless of if you're AD military or not, you're fooling NO ONE if you honestly expect anyone here to believe you can hump all that shit even the 5-10 miles you claim. (and I have serious doubts you've ever done that. There's no sweat stains in all that shiny black gear.) Take the above poster's advice.

Scrap any plans to raid or invade any military base––it ain't happening. While you're at it, scrap any plans to engage in any lengthy firefight as an individual. If you want to survive for any length of time while making it to your BOL, stealth, speed, and conflict avoidance are key.

Look through these gear threads, and step back and look at what the intended purpose of each is. Look at the occupation of each poster. Get some professional training, most importantly. I think that would demostrate that some of your gear is lacking in certain areas.

If SHTF is the primary reason for your gear, take a look at Currahee's site, www.everycitizenasoldier.org. He has some EXCELLENT information there, for novices and pros alike.

ETA: PIC THREAD:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af142/jasonpharez/Gear%20Pics/more%20gear/135.jpg
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af142/jasonpharez/Gear%20Pics/more%20gear/004.jpg
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af142/jasonpharez/Gear%20Pics/more%20gear/003.jpg

Hey ARJJ, I would like to know more about your belt...How does that holster attatch? Also, is it common to mount the knife on the week side, opposite of the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 6:29:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brett_Bass] [#23]
God.  Needs MOAR GEAR.

My light rig for .civ training, plinking, etc.
-BCM 03 MSF Chest Harness (with 4x AR mags)
-Camelbak bladder (for motherfucking WATER)
-2x Tactical Tailor Magna-Pistol pouches (with 2x 1911 mags)
-Specter Gear pistol mag pouch (for Surefire G2)
-Tactical Tailor Multi-Purpose pouch (Cav Arms blow-out kit in main compartment, ear plugs, writing gear, small CLP bottle, magazine speed loader in secondary velcro compartment)
-Issued ESS eyepro (so I don't shoot my eye out)

My USMC crap for when MCMAP won't cut it.
-Issued flak (OTV, because I'm not cool and the reserves have no funding)
-Tactical Tailor 2-Piece MAV w/X-Harness & center adapter
-Issued IFAK on tear-away panel
-2x Tactical Tailor Magna-Pistol pouches
-Specter Gear pistol mag pouch (for Surefire G2)

Changes since photo was taken:
-Tactical Tailor Enhanced Admin pouch (way easier to access stuff while standing plus better document organization for maps, rosters, etc.)
-2x double rifle mag pouch and one Tactical Tailor double shingle (the shingle allows for handier "emergency" reloads than a third pouch)

Belt is a padded Tactical Tailor MOLLE affair.
-2x 20-round AR mag shingle (30-round mags interfere with the flak/dug into my side)
-2x Specter Gear pistol mag pouch
-Maxpedition GP pouch (with small Cav Arms blow-out kit)

Changes since photo was taken:
-Ditched the Rolly-poly (it didn't retain worth shit––switched back to the Specter Gear dump pouch)
-Switched to a Specter Gear Universal holster (for a one-size-fits-all holster, it's hands-down the best I've seen and easily adjustable)

EDIT:  Oh, and got promoted, so I had to turn in my lance corporal underground I.D.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#24]

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170009.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170010.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/P8170011.jpg

Yeah, your problem is you need more gear.  Only five packs in one picture.  Geez, I've got more than that in my trunk at home.  At least I hope I do ...unless my wife really did sell it all in a yard sale ..wait a minute, that spray painted ALICE pack looks familiar ...

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Apologies to those who have already seen this in another thread.  

Posting my everyday man-about-town gear or, as I like to call it, my natural habitat:

Eagle FSBE Plate Carrier w/ cummerbund from Eagle CIRAS vest because the plate pockets are bigger
Eagle MLCS 3 x 2 M4 mag pouch w/ MLCS thumb break strap to retain my least favorite combat pistol, the M9.  
(3) Eagle FSBE 1 X 2 M4 mag pouches because I forgot my other triple shingles and it's too damned difficult to talk my wife on target to try to get her to find them in the pile o' gear in my garage
8 total PMAGs.  6 w/ M855A1  and 2 w Mk 262 Mod 1.  
Eagle MLCS Surefire pouch w/ Z2 combat light
Eagle GP/Canteen pouch
Eagle FSBE MBITR pouch
Spectre vertical large GP pouch (combat purse w/ extra batteries, Clif bars/shots, strobe, etc.)
Eagle RCO pouch w/ EO Tech (I switch over to the EO Tech when the sun goes down and the NVDs go on)
SO Tech SOF IFAK
TT vertical E&E pouch used as an admin pouch.  Garmin E-trex GPS, chem lites, note book, pens, sharpie marker
Mystery Ranch Mystery Cinch (great for that Eagle Patrol (FSBE) pack whose straps keep slipping off the shoulders)
BFG tourniquet NOW w/ SOF tourniquet.  I carry one more in my IFAK and one in the lower cargo pocket on my FROG trousers.
(2) Eagle FSBE CQB double stack pistol mag pouches
Eagle FSBE hydration carrier w/ Camelbak 3L bladder
Eagle MLCS shoulder pads

Standard ESAPI/Side SAPI

Standard MICH helmet w/ OpsCore chinstrap and VAS mount, ANVIS battery box and mount w/ homemade retention bungee made from the elastic cord out of the MTAV cummerbund (I knew I'd find a use for that vest!)

And for the RARE times that I wear a gun belt:

BAE Eclipse belt
BFG suspenders
Eagle MLCS leg shingle
(2) Eagle 1 X 2 M4 mag pouches w/ single PMag each.  
Eagle MLCS 1 x 2 flapped double stack pistol mag pouch.  My PC rides too close to use vertical mag pouches and mounting the CQB pouches horizontally has lost me a mag or two.  I also lost the horizontal adapator so I just zip tied the pouch sideways.  
Dump pouch, don't remember what brand.
Safariland 6004 holster with, once again, my least favorite combat pistol.  I miss my SigG and my 1911A1.
No sheath knife, I almost cut my own nuts off with an overly sharpened K-bar that had poked its way through the end of an overly waterlogged lateher sheath. Thus I've not carried a sheath knife for about 20 years.  For cutting jobs I use a Benchamade AFO and bandage scissors.  If I can't stab you I will clip your fingers and your lips off!

And before anybody asks, yeah, I've trained, walked around, ran around and fought in this rig.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

What is that chest rig?

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
I was looking for a pic to try and steer one of my favorite threads away from clusterfuck and dug out an oldie

and I realize how even when I change my gear it comes back to this (2006 and it was a year old at that time)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/0612163-h-3-crop.jpg

I sold that to try a couple of different chest rigs and here I am last month - what's old is new again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/currahee/recent%20range%20pics/DSCN5836.jpg

EDIT There are a butload of small tweaks between the two pics, but an action picture really can't capture them.

Dedicated pistol belt, dropped holster, more trauma gear on the 1st and 2nd line, commo gear

and the rifle is a complete change

I really miss the hat in the first pic

Ain't that the truth?  As you can see from my post above, I'm still pushing around MLCS gear that I got in '04/'05.  Of course that's also because I've still got three kits of it left.

BTW: the SWA Cyber center blocks your website over here.  The first thing I clicked on was the physical fitness page and then every link after that was blocked by my friendly neighborhood cyber dudes due to what it claims as "possible malicious content."  I beleive that means something with the code your site is written in and has nothing to do with the actual wording in it.  I'll have to check it out when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#28]
These TACOS sure are nice, but FUCK installing them!

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 8:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jinx667] [#29]
Shellback Banshee and Ares Combat XII pack

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Since I can run the shoulder straps to where the front and back touch, it is fine.  I can see on a thicker person that they may need to add the HSGI WaWee pads to make it comfortable in the long term.  I have a 42" chest for comparison, and I run the plates high, just under the sternum notch.

It is no PIG (which I have as well) , but for 1/3 the price, it is probably the best deal around for a straight forward, high quality USA made PC.  I paid less than $100 for it by walking directly in to TAG this morning (25% off at the storefront in San Diego).
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jinx667:
Since I can run the shoulder straps to where the front and back touch, it is fine.  I can see on a thicker person that they may need to add the HSGI WaWee pads to make it comfortable in the long term.  I have a 42" chest for comparison, and I run the plates high, just under the sternum notch.

It is no PIG (which I have as well) , but for 1/3 the price, it is probably the best deal around for a straight forward, high quality USA made PC.  I paid less than $100 for it by walking directly in to TAG this morning (25% off at the storefront in San Diego).

what makes the pig better than this pc?  looking to get an new plate carrier and you just added another to the list of options.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#33]
The PIG just has more bells and whistles, a better shoulder strap system, more real estate, more configuration options, etc...

The Banshee is a nice rig, and very inexpensive and is USA made, with a lifetime warranty .  I Could buy 3 Banshees for the price of a PIG.

Either way I am keeping both.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TR0N_0010:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6195/6060744660_383a1c84da_b.jpg

what kind of chest rig is that? maxi?
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RickyBobby17:

Eagle/SKD All MOLLE Chest Rig
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#36]

6 hours working in 110 heat index.  Test your gear folks, by testing yourself in it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2011 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#37]

how do you like it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 1:52:47 AM EDT
[#38]

how do you like it?

Now that I have the TACOs installed and it can accommodate ammunition for each of the 3 weapons I use it is my primary/go-to rig. It's light, durable, comfortable, and it was pretty cheap as well. Go read the reviews on the link I posted.
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#39]
just got an Ops Core base jump that I plan to use for lead climbing/kayaking/caving
and decided I'd see if I could mod an airsoft made ACH cover to fit should I not want to be so hippieflage with my patagonia/dead bird/TNF gear
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Doc,

Where does one get that Infrared Gadsen Flag?
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I got the Navy Jack patch from Grey Group.  They also have a IR Gadsden flag.

IR NAVY JACK

IR GADSDEN
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Niquorice:
just got an Ops Core base jump that I plan to use for lead climbing/kayaking/caving
and decided I'd see if I could mod an airsoft made ACH cover to fit should I not want to be so hippieflage with my patagonia/dead bird/TNF gear

Is that a light mounted to the NVG mount? Make/model?

Link Posted: 8/23/2011 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BritEod:

Is that a light mounted to the NVG mount? Make/model?

Princeton Tec Remix Pro
mine is red/white, option for IR/white has NODs mount, molle mount, and headstrap-
to avoid an accidental white light discharge its set up well: push on once for red/ir push again for 2nd brightness setting, hold button for a few secs for white and then next button press for  a second white setting-
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks. I checked out the Princeton website but I couldn't see the NVG mount option. Thanks again for that link.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Lookin' good, Doc!

I see that the pack is attached by QR buckles. Can you un-ass that thing quick enough? Or do you need help (by someone behind you) to drop it?

One thing the Doc has learned that many of us have learned: Keep the stuff on your gear that you need for the fight, and only that stuff. Pare that shit down. Everything else goes in the pack. If you get in a firefight, the first thing you should do is un-ass your pack. It's extra weight you don't need in a firefight, and it can mess up your balance at critical times. You can go back and get it later.

God––and grunts––love Corpsmen! Semper Fi, Doc!

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:15:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TrickPony29] [#46]
Originally Posted By Gyrene8490:

Lookin' good, Doc!

I see that the pack is attached by QR buckles. Can you un-ass that thing quick enough? Or do you need help (by someone behind you) to drop it?

One thing the Doc has learned that many of us have learned: Keep the stuff on your gear that you need for the fight, and only that stuff. Pare that shit down. Everything else goes in the pack. If you get in a firefight, the first thing you should do is un-ass your pack. It's extra weight you don't need in a firefight, and it can mess up your balance at critical times. You can go back and get it later.

I have one on order, would have never known about them if Doc hadn't posted it. I was thinking about rigging up a Camelbak Hawg in a similar fashion, but this will be much better. Here's a video of how easily you can access it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLnHPS1j5eA

S/F
Drew

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks guys, but I am not a Corpsman, I am a RN.

Anyways, I am a fan of keeping the rig simple and carrying more supplies in a pack.  I do not have the need or desire to carry a full combat load on my chest.  

The pack QR works better than other designs I have tried and the pack is stiff enough to ride well and not flop around.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By TrickPony29:

Originally Posted By Gyrene8490:

Lookin' good, Doc!

I have one on order, would have never known about them if Doc hadn't posted it. I was thinking about rigging up a Camelbak Hawg in a similar fashion, but this will be much better. Here's a video of how easily you can access it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLnHPS1j5eA

S/F

Drew

That's good to go! I'm so used to having all of the blood flow cut off from my arms by pack straps that this would take getting used to.....not really.

"I'm not a corpsman; I'm an RN."––Close enough for gov't work, Doc.

I'm a Marine, Doc. You know: "Ugh, beer, <snort>, LIBO, <fart>, Navy wimmen, OOH-RAH!"  

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Ha, fair enough.  You will like this pack though, and the folks at Ares Armor are awesome to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
trickpony, you need to buy yourself a fucking membership and come over to the military forum.

in related news, i had a TAG MAP that i liked but didnt like having it MOLLEd to my back. i used the compression straps and put female field expedient buckles onto the PALS on the back of my MTV and used it like that, same thought process as the ARES pack but can be applied to other small packs.
Page / 162
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top